Married to The Ruthless Magna...

By SummerYna

Before Gabrielle Avelda lost her memories she was a famous top fashion designer abroad and a popular anonymou... More

Author
Prologue
Chapter 1: She's awake
Chapter 2: New Gabrielle
Chapter 3: Horrible Cook
Chapter 4: The rumored Wife
Chapter 5: Surprise Visit
Chapter 6: His wife's tears
Chapter 7: First Night
Chapter 8: Story of Genesis
Chapter 9: The Twin's Misfortune
Chapter 10: Reviving Phoenix
Chapter 11: First Date
Chapter 12: Mystery of Luna
Chapter 13: Masquerade Ball
Chapter 14: La Campanella
Chapter 15: She has Returned
Chapter 16: Lie on Fire
Chapter 17: Own Empire
Chapter 18: Lost Child
Chapter 19: The Little Prince
Chapter 20: Tragic Night
Chapter 21: Gray & Ace
Chapter 22: Family of Four
Chapter 23: Car Explosion
Chapter 24: Collaboration
Chapter 25: Return of Genesis
Chapter 26: Imperial Media
Chapter 27: Overnight Trending
Chapter 29: A stranger's fortune
Chapter 30: Avelda's Residence
Chapter 31: Lucky Encounter

Chapter 28: The Casting

1K 38 25
By SummerYna

THE next morning, at a restaurant Gabrielle was sitting with her legs crossed while sipping a cup of coffee with Kyla.

"Grabe, isang gabi pa lang to pero umabot na ng over two thousand yung comments. Maraming nagtatanong sa comeback mo Gabby. Kanina pa ako nakakatanggap ng tawag mula sa mga reporter. Wala ba tayong sasagutin dito Gabby?" Kyla asked.

Gabrielle just kept silent as she looked at her phone ringing before answering the call. "Hello Uncle Ryan? How was it?"

"Gabby? Sigurado ba tong contract ng Imperial Media? They are giving us full authority over the movie's production. They also let us choose who to cast. I've already chosen the leads but Gabby I still need your opinion."

Gabrielle leaned her back on the seat and looked at the person who just entered the restaurant. "No worries Uncle. I've already read the contract and I am okay with it. As for the main cast, I'll trust your judgment."

Rinig niya lang ang buntong hininga ni Ryan sa kabilang linya na para bang hindi pa rin makapaniwala sa nangyayari. "Uncle, I have something else to do. May gusto ka pa po bang e tatanong?"

"W-wala na Gabby. Hindi lang ako makapaniwala na mas marami tayong makukuha sa project na to."

Napatawa lang si Gabrielle, she knew why it was made that way. It was her husband's doing after all.

"It's a win win po for both sides." Which is true, kung magiging successful ang movie, Phoenix Publishing will not just be the one to reap the benefits but also Imperial Media lalo na kung gagawin itong series. Tainted Justice is a very long book anyway.

Pagkatapos ng tawag, text naman ni Sky ang natanggap niya. "Sister In-Law? Sigurado ka bang si Ryan Benitez ang gusto mong maging director ng movie?"

Gabrielle texted back. "Believe me, he is the perfect person to direct this movie."

"Sige na nga, ikaw naman talaga ang tunay na boss eh. Anyway, pag naging flop yung movie. Yung asawa mo naman ang iinisin ko hahahaha."

Gabrielle only smirked and shook her head slowly. Too bad, that won't happen.

Skyler must have forgotten that Ryan was once known as the King of Film Directors and now he is working with the author Genesis herself.

"Ignore them for now." Gabrielle glanced at Kyla's phone that kept ringing nonstop. Ibinaling niya ang tingin sa lalaking kauupo lang di kalayuan sa table nila.

"Is it him?"

Kyla raised her head and turned around to the man in his mid 50's before responding. "Oo siya nga."

Mr. Joe German is a very successful businessman and investor, Kyla just happened to meet him in a business event 4 years ago and exchanged business cards with each other.

She had also been communicating with Mr. German's secretary for the last two days about the investment proposal.

"Okay, let's go."

Kyla closed her laptop and carried it with her before walking towards the man while Gabrielle silently followed.

"Good Morning Mr. German." Kyla greeted with a smile while offering a hand shake.

"I am Kyla Morris. It's nice to see you again."

"Oh, so it's you. And this is?" Mr. German glanced at Gabrielle at the back.

She was about to introduce Gabrielle as the founder and owner of Phoenix Publishing but Gabrielle stopped her by gently patting her arm before stepping forward. "Gabrielle Avelda, her secretary."

Mr. German just looked at Gabrielle and Kyla intently from head to toe. There is a sinister intention hidden beneath his eyes and he was looking at them like a hungry wolf.

"Hmm. Umupo muna kayo."

As Kyla sat down, she immediately took the folder she was holding and handed it to the man. "Mr. German, this is the full details of the business proposal I have prepared for you. I have also sent you an email about it and if you haven't read it yet, I'll be happy to discuss it with you."

Mr. German opened the folder and just looked at it for a few seconds before nodding. Itinabi niya lang ito nang dumating ang waiter para e serve ang pagkain niya.

"So Mr. German, what do you think about investing with us?" Kyla asked while maintaining a polite smile but the man did not answer as he was busy smelling his food and tasting it little by little.

"Mr. German?" Kyla called again but the man seemed to be ignoring her on purpose. Napatingin si Kyla kay Gabrielle sandali na may pag alinlangan.

"Mr. German, have you read the proposal?" Gabrielle asked and this time the man looked at her smiling. "Oh right, I haven't. You can discuss it with me after I eat."

Gabrielle sighed and leaned her back on the back seat. She quite guessed that this man had no interest in investing.

"Mr. German!" Parehong napatingin si Kyla at Gabrielle sa babaeng kararating lang.

"Oh Fiona, you're here." Mr German stood and offered Fiona a seat next to him.

"Bakit nandito siya?" Bulong ni Kyla sa sarili na narinig din naman ni Gabrielle and before she could even ask, Fiona turned to Kyla with a wide smile.

"Kyla? What are you doing here? Long time no see." The woman looked shocked but there was a tone of ridicule in her voice.

"Oh? Magkakilala kayo?" Mr. German asked but Gabrielle felt like this man already knew the answer.

"Of course. She is the former president of Phoenix Publishing." Fiona responded with a mocking expression.

Yes, what everyone knew is that Kyla is the President of Phoenix Publishing but the truth is, she is just the acting President and Gabrielle is the CEO.

"Let me guess, were you trying to make Mr. German invest in Phoenix Publishing?" Natatawang tanong ni Fiona bago lumingon sa lalaki.

"Mr. German, considering that we're friends, Phoenix Publishing has long been gone ever since Genesis vanished. They don't even have the Phoenix property."

"Pwede ba Fiona, wala ka namang alam kaya manahimik ka." Gigil na sambit ni Kyla.

Fiona just grinned. "Mr. German, let me remind you that her company was bankrupt three years ago. Would you really trust them in business?"

"Shut up Fiona!" Sigaw ni Kyla habang napakuyom ng kamao.

Mr. German only cleared his throat as he put down his spoon and fork. He then glanced at his watch. "I have a meeting to attend to. We'll talk about this some other time."

"Mr. German please. Listen..." Kyla was about to follow the man but Gabrielle grabbed her left arm to stop her.

"Let's not pursue him."

"Pero Gabby..."

"He is obviously not interested from the start."

Malungkot na napaupo si Kyla at naiiyak. "Sorry Gabby. I messed up."

"It's not your fault. Nag trabaho ba siya sa Phoenix Publishing dati?"

Kyla raised her head and nodded. "Si Fiona, she is the former head of our Public Relations team but now she is working with Bloom Publishing as the Chief of the Marketing Department. Noong naging inactive ka na for two months, she was one of the first few who betrayed us. She also took with her a large batch of our writers to Bloom Publishing."

Gabrielle tapped her fingers on the table while nodding slowly.

"Sorry Gabby, I really messed up. Kung hindi ko sinagot sagot si Fiona hindi siguro aalis si Mr. German."

Gabrielle shook her head. "Mr. German and Fiona seems close and based on that man's behavior, he doesn't seem to have any ounce of interest in listening to us, so why bother?"

Ngumiti lang si Gabrielle bago tumayo. "Sometimes life really doesn't go our way. Let's just count ourselves as not lucky today. Let's go to Imperial Media to meet your brother and Uncle Ryan."

***

AT Imperial Media's meeting room, Skyler was sitting at the edge of the table while playing a video game, his back was leaning the backseat while his feet were on top of the table.

Ryan and Kurt were sitting on the chair next to him and they had already signed the contract with Imperial Media, now they were just waiting for Skyler who wanted to introduce them to the main cast that Ryan chose earlier.

After a few more minutes, a group of people entered the room. Skyler nodded at them and continued playing. "Settle down first while we wait for the others."

The woman who first seated is Rosie Clifford an A-list actress who Ryan chose as the main female lead. Next to her is the male lead Dwight Vallejo and the rest are just the supporting actors and actresses.

After twenty more minutes, Gabrielle and Kyla walked in. Nang mapansin ni Sky ang dalawa, agad siyang tumayo.

Umupo si Kyla katabi ni Kurt pero nagtungo lang si Gabrielle sa may glass wall at ngayu'y nakatalikod siya sa kanilang lahat.

"Uhh.." Skyler was about to offer Gabrielle his seat but the woman only gave him a death glare that only Sky could see. Agad naman siyang lumunok at umiwas ng tingin bago humarap sa mga kasama niya ng nakangiti.

"Now everyone is here, let me all introduce you to each other." Skyler started introducing them from one another starting with Ryan as the Film director then to the casts.

The second female lead Angel Greene stood up excitedly and bowed. "Hello po. Salamat po sa pagpili sa akin. Fan na fan po ako ni Genesis at nakita ko rin yung post niya. Talaga po bang bumalik na siya?"

"Yes. Genesis is back." Kyla answered with a smile.

"That's right. We are already in contact with Genesis. And please don't ask who Genesis is or if it's really the real Genesis. We already got confirmation from BAAI." Pagkumpirma ni Sky.

To become an established author, you first have to register in the Bureau of Author and Artist Industry (BAAI). They hold every author and artist's personal information. If the author or artist chooses to hide behind a pseudonym then it is BAAI's job to protect that information.

BAAI is run by the government to protect the rights of every individual from unlawful acts. They also have a very very strict protocol of collecting and releasing personal information.

Hindi sila basta basta nagbibigay ng personal information without the signed permission of the author themselves.

Kung ang mga fashion designers ay may Global and Local Fashion Coalition, then artists and authors nationwide have the Bureau of Author and Artists Industry.

Samantala, si Gabrielle naman na nakatayo sa may glass wall ay nakatingin lang sa labas. Tanaw na tanaw niya ang itim na sasakyan na naka parking sa di kalayuan, ito yung sasakyan na naka buntot sa kanila ni Kyla nang lumabas sila sa restaurant.

Gabrielle still had her two personal bodyguards secretly protecting her in the dark as per Yveo's request pero ang sasakyan na naka buntot sa kanila kanina ay di niya kilala.

"Did you find out who the person following us is?" She texted Jake, one of her personal bodyguards and just after a few minutes, she got a response.

"Yes Lady Gabrielle. He is one of Mr. German's people."

She did not reply and just looked outside. She knew it. Just the way Mr. German looked at her and Kyla was quite different. It was a look from someone who has no good intentions.

Napatingin ulit si Gabrielle sa isa pang text. It was sent from her other bodyguard Jay.

"Lady Gabrielle, as you have instructed. I followed Mr. German and that woman Fiona. They both entered the same hotel and the same room, one after another."

Gabrielle's eye brow raised, this is just as she guessed. No wonder Fiona could influence a man like Mr. German who takes business and investments seriously.

As far as she knows, Mr. German is married and has 3 kids. Napabuntong hininga siya bago umiling. That bastard.

"Thanks. That's enough, you can come back now." After she replied back, a man suddenly spoke with a condescending tone of voice.

"Do we really have to work with a director who once had a scandal and with the people who can't save their own company from bankruptcy?"

Just like that, everyone stared at the main male lead.

Skyler was almost holding his breath as he listened. Damn. This kiddo! He knew that this boy would eventually cause trouble. "Haha pagpasensyahan niyo na tong batang to—"

"—leave then." Gabrielle suddenly interrupted.

Gulat na napatingin si Dwight kay Gabrielle dahil hindi niya inakalang paalisin siya ng ganun ganun lang. "Ano?"

"We are not forcing you to take this project." Seryosong lumingon si Gabrielle kay Sky at Ryan. "Change him."

Dwight furrowed his eyebrows when he heard the woman. She was standing in front of the glass wall and against the sunlight so he couldn't see her face clearly.

He noticed her coming in with Kyla but eventually forgot her presence because she did not say a word the moment she came in. "Sino ka naman!?"

"You don't have to know." Seryosong sagot ni Gabrielle.

She knew Dwight Vallejo, he is Yveo and Sky's cousin, his mother has married into another family which is why his last name is Vallejo. She had seen him before with Sky and Yvette a few times when they visited the house but they never met formally.

She doubts he could remember her either as she dressed like an old lady and acted so timid before.

Dwight is overbearing and arrogant because he is still connected with the Leviarez despite their different last names. "We don't need such a self opinionated man."

She then turns to Ryan. "Direct Ryan, let's find someone else. I am sure someone is more capable than him. If we cannot get one, then we'll find one. Let's hold an audition."

"Who the hell are you to make such decisions?!!" Dwight asked angrily.

"You really think you are fit for the role? To me, you being crowned as the King of Action Movies has something to do with your family background and not with your capability." Gabrielle stated, ignoring his question.

Napakuyom ng kamao si Dwight at napatayo sa galit. Aside from his family members, he had never met someone who talks to him like this and is questioning the title he gained so hard for the past years. "Bitch! Do you really know who I am?"

Si Skyler na nakikinig lang sa gilid ay napakamot lang ng ulo at napatawa ng pagak. Wag lang talaga malaman ni Yveo na kinakausap ni Dwight si Gabrielle ng ganito kung hindi may mag iimpake talaga papuntang ibang planeta.

Gabrielle chuckled. "Bakit? Are you going to flaunt your family background and who you are connected with? Coward."

With that, Dwight slams the table and everyone almost jump in shock. "What did you say? Coward?"

The environment is getting tense and everyone is keeping their mouth shut. The other main cast were silently wondering about Gabrielle's identity but at the same time they were amazed by woman's guts.

On the other hand, Kyla and Kurt have been sweating the moment Dwight first spoke. Of course they knew him. Sino ba ang hindi nakakakilala sa isa sa sikat na artista ngayun? At mas lalong alam ng kambal na may connection si Dwight sa mga Leviarez kaya sino ba ang hindi kakabahan?

Kyla took a bottle of water while keeping it as quiet as possible while turning to Gabrielle with a meaningful look. Gabby naman, alam ko palaban at matapang ka talaga pero hindi mo na yun kailangang patunayan.

Kyla wanted to wail and cry but no tears came out. She could only complain to herself and wish that this young master would not make any trouble for them as they were just getting back in business.

"If you don't want to work with us then leave, that's what cowards do after all."

Kung nakakamatay lang ang tingin ni Dwight, kanina pa siguro nakahandusay si Gabrielle.

Huminga ng malalim si Dwight bago pakalmahin ang sarili. Want to work with him right? Then he'll make her regret going against him!

"Sinong nagsasabing aalis ako? You were questioning my title and ability? Then let's make a bet. This role is mine. Papatunayan kong wala na kayong makikitang mas hihigit pa sakin! For the first half of the taping. I will prove my ability." He then looked at everyone.

"You all are the judges. If you are still not satisfied after the first half, then I'll quit and pay the damages three times. Kapag napatunayan ko naman ang sarili ko..."

Tumingin ulit siya kay Gabrielle at ngumisi.
"You will kneel down and apologize. You will also be my servant for a year! Ano!? Deal?"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Skyler sa sinasabi ni Dwight. Parang gusto niya tuloy sapakin ang batang to. Hindi niya na ba gustong mabuhay ng matiwasay? Tsk, bro, you are dealing with the devil's wife!! It's a trap!

Napatawa lang si Gabrielle ng mahina at ngumiti ng tagumpay. Ito ang hinihintay niya, the fish has taken the bait.

She quite have an idea of Dwight's temperament. He is overly conceited and very proud of himself. Ayaw niyang nagpapatalo at mas lalong ayaw niyang pinagdududahan ang kakayahan niya.

"Deal."

Gabrielle walked a few steps forward and this time Dwight could clearly see her face.

The woman is beautiful that anyone who sees her would agree that she had the beauty of an angel. She had the prettiest smile and her face has a tinge of innocence, but she gives off an aura of a domineering goddess. Someone who would make you agree to her rules but protect her at the same time. Sino ba talaga to? Bakit pamilyar siya? Nagkita na ba sila dati?

"Isa ka sa mga cast?" Takang tanong ni Dwight. Ganun din ang tanong ng iba pang cast nang malinaw nilang makita ang babae.

Well, they cannot blame the cast for asking because the woman's face is similar to a top tier celebrity. Even better.

Gabrielle laughed. "No. My name is Gabrielle and I'm.." She paused and glanced at Ryan.

"The assistant director." She continued with a naughty smile.

"..." What the heck? Dwight wanted to yell at her but couldn't say a word. Assistant director!? Bakit kung umasta siya ay parang siya ang boss!!?"

"OK. it's a wrap!" Sky suddenly interrupted. Right now he could imagine Dwight's face turning red like a beet with a smoke coming from his ears.

Natatawa na lang siya sa naiisip dahil matalo man o manalo, wala siyang magagawa kay Gabrielle.

"Now guys this is just the initial introduction. The next few days, we will formally introduce everyone with the whole cast and crew. We will inform you once we finalize the date of the taping." Sky added and immediately dismissed the casts dahil kapag hinayaan niya pa si Dwight dito, baka talagang magwawala na ang batang to.

After a few more minutes, the rest had already left the meeting room. Tanging si Gabrielle, Kyla, Kurt at Ryan lang ang naiwan sa meeting room.

"Gabby, sa tingin ko hindi nakakabuti para sa atin ang kalabanin si Dwight ngayun. " Sambit ni Kyla nang makalapit ito sa kanya na ikinasang-ayun ni Kurt at Ryan.

"Oo nga naman Gabby. He has the Leviarez as his backer."

Gabrielle only smiled. "You guys don't have to worry. My backer is much more reliable." And stronger.

The only person whom Dwight feared and respected the most is Yveo Leviarez. Her husband.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1M 714K 46
Ingrid is being stalked by a mysterious stranger. She thinks he's a psycho and is deeply afraid of him. However, her curiosity got the better of her...
583K 25.5K 62
Renesmee Venice Esquivel was the only girl in the Last Section who overcame a harrowing and dark past. She was bruised, hurt, and full of scars in he...
2.1M 65.7K 47
(Game Series # 9) Mauro Eugenio dela Rama's life revolved around school and work. At times, he felt like drowning pero hindi siya pwedeng magreklamo...
201K 14.1K 40
Hindi naniniwala si Joella sa true love. Para sa kanya hindi nag e-exist sa mundo ang true love. Dahil kung totoo ang true love bakit iniwan nang tat...