Of Flames And Quirks And Harm...

By Vern1331

Midoriya Izuku has been bullied for being quikless in a world where 80% of its population is loitered by supe... More

CHAPTER 1: Eggplant Rising
CHAPTER 2: Let Hope Arise (insert sarcasm there)
CHAPTER 3: Get Ready For The Mayhem
CHAPTER 4: Mafia Brats As Hero Students?!
CHAPTER 5: Trying For Hero School
CHAPTER 6: Results And Theories
CHAPTER 7: First Hour High
CHAPTER 8: Quirk Apprehension Test
CHAPTER 9: Behold, The Angry Pomeranian
CHAPTER 10: The Sun Of The Night
ART
CHAPTER 11: Basic Heroism
CHAPTER 12: Battle Trial
CHAPTER 13: His Inner Demon
CHAPTER 14: Class 1A In A Maelstorm
CHAPTER 15: Ambush
CHAPTER 16: Fight For Your Lives
CHAPTER 17: Fear Not
[18] Soar To The Top
[19] Preliminary Beginnings
[20] Teamwork In Cavalry
[21] Battle On, Challengers!
[22] For The Final Four
[23] Heartstrings Tugged and Pulled
[24] The Sports Fest Finale
[25] A Cloud's Home
[26] Heroes, Villains, and the (in)Justice in Between
[27] Hero Names and Titles
[28] Ground Zero
[29] A Tainted Night
[30] The Old Is Gone, The New Has Come
[31] Set Fire To The Rain
[32] Cursing His Sky Instincts
ART II
[33] Gearing Up
[34] Civil War
[35] Loose Threads
[37] To The Campsite!
[38] Begin With A Blast
[39] Hyper Intuition At Work
[40] To Dance At Dusk
[41] The Hell In One's Mind
[42] The Cold Before The Flames
[43] Target Revealed
[44] Courage That Beats Out Fear
[45] Deep End Drowning
[46] Dirty Off Trick
[47] Whispers of Regret, Can They Hear?
[48] The Man Behind A Mask
[49] In The Mood For Murder
[50] Unsung Libera
[51] Breaking Walls
[52] Green Day
[53] Thrice-damned Bloodline
[54] May His Soul Reach You
[55] Daydream Is A Sweet Lie
[56] Get Those Licenses!
[57] Divide And Conquer
[58] His Anthem (Reach Out-)
[59] His Threnody (-And Don't Let Go)
[60] Dust of Memories: HOME
AUTHOR'S NOTES
announcement

[36] Realizations of a Mediocore Man

39 3 1
By Vern1331

Eijiro knew what the plan was. Class 1A was going on a shopping trip to get some things they'd need for the training camp. And being the ever friendly one, Eijiro went to Bakugo's house, resolved in taking the feisty blond with him, even if he had to drag his fat, lazy ass to the meeting place at the shopping district. Not that Bakugo was lazy, but that's not the point. He was going to get Bakugo to join them because he was a sloth at friendship.

He was about to knock on the door, fist already poised and up, when the door suddenly opened.

Eijiro shook himself out of shock for the door opening, and this close, with nothing but the door step between them, it was easy for Eijiro to see his eyes. It was easy for him to see that darkness, that loneliness, that sorrow hiding somewhere deep inside him.

And then that sorrow seemed to explode, in his eyes, almost. It was like it hit him, like a tidal wave, trying to take him under the crashing waves to drown him.

It was the first time for Eijiro to see many emotions like panic and fright and sorrow on Bakugo's face. Bakugo wasn't one to show his emotions on his face. No, he showed them by his actions. And he wasn't one to show panic and fright and guilt on his face, as far as Eijiro had observed.

So to actually see those on the blonds' face, Eijiro was concerned.

Bakugo quickly hid those, though. He scowled. "What the fuck are you doing here, Shitty Hair?"

"Uhh, fetching you?" He stammered. He was still rocked by Bakugo's sudden show of weakness. To know that there's something that would instill such a thing on him who held himself like a god, Eijiro was floored.

"What do you want?"

Eijiro cleared his throat. "We've planned on a class shopping trip. I was thinking if you would like to join us?"

Bakugo seemed to think about it. Looking down at his clothes, he clicked his tongue. "Come inside. I'll just go get changed." He opened the door.

Eijiro complied. Toeing his shoes off, he whispered his intrusion apology and trailed after Bakugo.

The blond stopped at a couch. "Sit down. I'll be down in a bit."

That was when Masaru appeared, looking beat and tired. "Oh, I'm sorry for my rudeness. I didn't know we had a visitor."

Eijiro shook his head. "No, sir. I just came to fetch Bakugo-kun for a class shopping."

"Class Shopping?" the old man hummed. "Is Izuku going to be there?"

"Midoriya-kun?" Eijiro scratched his head. He didn't hear from any of them if they'll be coming with them. There was no notification in the group chat either, saying otherwise. "I'm not sure. He said he had some things to do regarding his work."

"I see. Ne, how is Katsuki treating Izuku?"

"How?" Eijiro repeated in confusion. He knit his eyebrows in thought. "Bakugo-kun would... Uhm, after the first day of school, he would avoid Midoriya-kun at all costs, I think..."

Masaru didn't talk for a few seconds, seemingly lost in thought. "What happened during the first day of school?"

"He... Uhh, he sorta like charged at him... ?"

Masaru sighed. "And what did Izuku do?"

"Nothing. Your son was intercepted by Midoriya-kun's friends even before he reached the boy."

"Is that so," Masaru replied with a tired smile and a faraway look. "I'm glad Izuku has friends who would stand up for him. He's been through a lot, that poor little boy." Masaru then looked at him, eyes tired and old. "I'm also glad there's someone who could chalk it up to my son."

"No, it's nothing," Eijiro refused. "I just want us all to be friends. We're going to be together for 3years, and we'll be going through a lot in this road we've chosen together."

"What on earth are you talking about, Shitty Hair?" Bakugo exploded.

Eijiro could swear that he felt a thick pressure of tension was dropped in the room along with Bakugo. It was like they unknowingly stepped into a landmine, and that they were walking on eggshells instead of solid ground.

"I was just asking about Izuku, Katsuki," Masaru answered his son for Eijiro.

Bakugo's eyes widened a bit, a somewhat regretful confusion swimming in his otherwise angry red eyes. "That's it. No one is going to talk about him in this house while I'm around," he declared, voice having no room for argument. He clenched his hands, steam pouring through the cracks between his knuckles. "You gave up on him. You do not have any right to ask about him as much as I do," he snarled through gritted teeth. He walked up to the door and threw a "Let's go, Shitty Hair" over his shoulder as he swung the door open.

Eijiro abruptly stood up and bowed. "I'll be going, then, Bakugo-san."

"Take care. And I'm really sorry for Katsuki's poor attitude."

Eijiro just smiled and ran after the stomping blond.

They took the walk to the mall quietly, both leaving the other to their own thoughts.

Eijiro was thinking about what Bakugo's father had said about Midoriya. About Izuku, as they call him.

Why do they call Midoriya-kun on a given name basis? Now that he thought about it, Bakugo never called Midoriya "Izuku" or "Midoriya" or any name he'd most likely give, like "Broccoli" or "Freckles", if Eijiro thought hard about it.

Bakugo had a weird naming sense. He kept calling people based on their appearances or quirk. Eijiro wasn't smart, but he supposed Bakugo's naming sense was pretty fucked up due to the bio-chemical composition of his quirk. Like how Eijiro was Shitty Hair because of his hair updo, or Mina was Raccoon Eyes because her eyes were totally black, or how Sero was Tape Face because of his quirk, or Kaminari was Dunce Face because he becomes dumb after quirk over use.

As far as Eijiro had seen, Bakugo baptized a person based on their appearance, or quirk, or in Kaminari and Aoyama's case, their weakness. But for Midoriya, it was different. Bakugo called Midoriya in a degrading way: Deku. Deku in the roman kanji means useless. It was downright bullying.

"He's going to give his childhood tormentor a fair fist fight."
"Where have you been all those years?"
"Mom's just been asking and hoping to find you."
"Izuku has been through a lot."
"You gave up on him."

A light bulb suddenly was suddenly switched on in Eijiro's head.

That was the connection! Bakugo Katsuki and Midoriya Izuku were together since childhood! How early, Eijiro didn't care. The fact of the matter was that they've been together since they were kids. They've known each other since kids!

But that doesn't explain the animosity between them. The rage, the hatred, the... The way how they react to each other. Like they both know and don't know each other, both at the same time, warring themselves if they'd either interact nicely or just lash out.

Eijiro couldn't come up with a reason for that, so he tucked that away in a box in his mind labeled "under observation". They were already at the mall, anyway, so he did have to do that. He grabbed Bakugo's elbow and trudged him along him towards their gathered classmates. He scanned the crowd, and saw that their working students weren't there. "Sorry I'm late, guys! I had to pick Bakubro up," he announced their arrival.

One by one his classmates started stating what they need. Everyone had personal needs, and the shopping was big. It would take them more than a day to gather everyone's needs.

"Why don't we meet up here later after shopping our personal needs? 3pm, maybe?" He suggested.

"Yeah, let's do that," Kaminari agreed. Everyone else hummed their approvals too and then went on their separate ways.

"Bakubro, what do you need? I just need a duffel bag since mine's been torn and worn. That's easy enough, so I can go with you and maybe help you out," he said to teen.

"Tch," Bakugo scoffed and scratched his jaws. "Just toiletries. And hand towels."

"C'mon then," he sailed and they started walking.

After buying a couple of hand towels (Eijiro thought of buying himself a few of those, too), they went out of the store and walked towards the toiletries section. That was when a guy wearing a worn out hoodie and faded black jeans walked beside Bakugo.

"You should always watch your back, Bakugo Katsuki. You'll never know, one day you might get kidnapped or killed or injured or whatever," the stranger had said and quickly ducked into the crowd, making him hard to find.

"Who was that?" Eijiro asked.

"How the hell am I supposed to know him if he was covering his whole damned face?" Bakugo snapped.

***

Its still the long weekend vacation here.

Oh, hey, I've made a Mission:Yozakura Family x KHR cross over. It is titled "Facing Her Past" Kindly check it out, I'd highly appreciate it. Thankyou! Here's a preview and an excerpt:

"Bossu, may I offer myself up for this mission?" she asked, looking straight into her Sky's caramel eyes, not backing down.

"What got you so hung up on this particular mission?" He asked after some silence, probably gouging her reasons by just staring at her, but couldn't.

She stood up, seeing as her work was just about done. Gathering up what's needed to be distributed, she walked towards the door. She let herself out, but not without answering his querry.

"Time to face the demons of my past."

Its time for Chrome to finally face Nagi, was left unsaid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 5.6K 100
A clear mind. That is all it needs sometimes but a quirk was definitely not helping it. Izuku Midoriya was a kid who got away with murderong his own...
18.7K 925 13
Izuku Midoriya lives in a superpower society. Quirks are a must for a stable life and bright future. Quirkless people are shamed and treated like not...
444K 10.5K 29
This is a Fanfiction based off of BNHA, or My Hero Academia. Instead of a reality where the main character, Izuku Midoriya, is born without a quirk...
202K 6.6K 53
Midoriya was the class scapegoat due to his lack of a quirk. In the world of quirks, not all men are created equal. When what's left of his dream is...