EGOIST - Blue Lock

By V0nG0gh

Aki Ginga, a promising striker who is half Japanese, gets invited to a special training program by the JFU af... More

Credits
Character Profile
Qualifiers
Meeting
Striker
Tag
Team Y
New Encounters
Team W
Team V Part 1
Team V part 2
Evolution
Re-awakening
World's Top Players
Teams A, B, and C
Flow
Flow Explained
Kickoff
Demon
Ego Awakening
Outcome of the Match
2 Weeks Off
Date
1 On 1
Phase Two
Manshine vs Bastard
Author's Note
#1 vs #2
Confession
Memories
Ichika
Ichika Part 2
Ichika Part 3
Q&A
Prodigy

Team X

1K 23 8
By V0nG0gh

Me, Isagi, and Bachira were walking to the field to practice so we can build our chemistry, though I think the chemistry is already there.

"Man Isagi, that direct volley you shot at Kira's face was crazy."

He flinched hearing that as if I jumpscared him.

"I really didn't mean to, it was just instinct."

Bachira and I laughed.

"I get what you mean Isagi, I feel that way at times too." Bachira said. "How were you even able to see with those dreadlocks in your face Ki-chan?"

"Oh well my hair is always in my face except when I play matches, so I got used to it. Y'all remember when my shot blasted Igarashi in his stomach?"

"Yea why?" They said in unison.

"Well I actually really did aim at him. It was pretty funny seeing his face." I said as I smiled.

We all laughed together and Isagi almost tripped which made us laugh harder.

"Man and you talk about me smacking Kira's face with the ball when you did it on purpose." Isagi said to me.

"Hey atleast I didn't make him bleed." I clapped back with.

We reached the field and grabbed a ball. We lined up at the midfield line with Isagi in the center, Bachira on the right, and me on the left. We decided to just work on passing and shooting to get a feel of how the three of us play.

Eventually we stopped calling out at each other and we just knew what the other person wanted when and where.

With all of us out of breath and our hands on our knees, the dinner bell rang.
"Oh shit, we gotta go eat and shower." I said in between breaths. "Ok, let's go." Isagi said wiping his forehead.

By the time we got to the cafeteria there was only one person sitting by himself, Kunigami. We all grabbed our dinner and sat by him.

"Kunigami, right?" Isagi started.

"Yeah, wassup?"

"We just finished practicing together." Bachira chimed in.

"Why are you here late, Kunigami?" I asked.

"Oh I was in the gym and I didn't even realize it was dinner until the bell rang."

"Oh by the way, my name is Aki Ginga. Just call me Aki." I held out my fist.

"Alright." He smiled holding his fist out.

"Hey, hey let me join too~" Bachira said leaning over the table.

"Yeah, me too." Isagi added sticking his fist out too.

After we finished dinner, we all went back to the room to go to sleep. I was out as soon as I played down.

We all woke up to the ball the next day which meant we started our training. We all started with endurance training where we had to run for as long as we could.

Igarashi and Isagi were struggling at around the 40 minute mark, and I was holding out at 85 minutes. But this blonde guy with short hair and shark teeth laughed at Igarashi and Isagi, he then made fun of them.

That dude could probably run for hours because he's at an hour and 10 minutes right now.

We did a jumping test to see how high we can jump and I got 25.3 inches. This guy named Kuon got 26.8 inches. Man he should play basketball with that kind of jump power.

After training, it was lunch time and this kid with an afro stole someone's gyoza which was funny seeing afro run around and the other guy chasing him.

It was bed time but I decided to practice on the field for about an hour until I saw Isagi and Bachira walk in.

"Oh, wassup."

"Hey Aki." Isagi said first.

"Hey Ki-chan." Bachira said.

"We were about to 1v1 but I didn't know you were here." Isagi said.

"Oh go ahead I was about done anyway."

"Okay~" Bachira sang.

They faced each other in the middle of the field and Bachira started stretching. Isagi questioned Bachira about how he knew Isagi would kick it.

"Because there's a momster inside of me."

That piqued my interest and it caught Isagi off guard. He explained that it talks to him while he plays and that it said pass to Isagi since he has a monster too.

"You too Ki-chan."

"Hm?"

"It said you have one also but that it was better to pass to Isagi, since he was right there."

"That's interesting to hear."

"I'm glad I came to Blue Lock. I got to meet you and Ki-chan."

"Same here Bachira, you're pretty fun." I replied.

They went at each other again but it seemed as if they were unleashing their monsters.

Before I knew it I was 3 meters away from them and a ball rang.

"How am I right her-"

"The data is finished being analyzed from the tests and the ranks are gonna update. Return to your rooms."

"See Ki-chan, that was your monster."

"This is crazy." I laughed.

When we got back to the room, everyone was looking at their uniforms and Igarashi called out to Isagi.

"Yo Isagi! I went from 300 to 275!"

Isagi checked his and it said 274.

Ego came on screen and said that Blue Lock is made up of 5 wings and each wing has 5 teams to make a total of 25 teams; Team B-Z. Team B had rank 1-11 and so on, so that meant we were the worst 11 of 275 people.

"Now that you know you're all trash, let's begin Blue Lock's First Selection."

We're doing a round robin tournament with us and Teams Y, X, W, and V. The top 2 teams in each wing move on. But the top scorer from the losing teams will move on also.

Ego also said that the point of his was to rebuild football from zero. I don't know what he means by that though.

We then held a meeting about our posotions but since everyone else wanted to be a striker, we did rock-paper-scissors between all of us. Isagi won so he chose to be a striker.

Bachira was on the right and I was on the left, it was just like how we practiced anyway so we were all set. Our goalkeeper was Iemon since he lost rock-paper-scissors.

All of us get dressed into our uniforms and head out to the field. The other team walked out and one guy stood out to me, the tall guy with spiky black hair, number 10.

We get into our positions and then Bachira kicks it to Isagi. 3 people rush him so he stops and looks to pass to Bachira but that blonde guy, Raichi, steals it from me.

I stood there in shock as Kunigami stole the ball from Raichi and then as they fight over it, it gets stolen from them by the other team. Everyone then rushes to the ball where its turns into a pile of bodies fighting for the ball.

So that's what Ego meant by rebuilding football from zero? This is the zero, and we need to rebuild it to function as a team.

I made my way to the pile until I saw one guy barrel through them all, number 10.

I cursed out loud and started running back to our goal while he hit a rainbow flick over Isagi and nutmegged two of our teammates.

There was a wide open space right in front of him. I was coming up from behind him but he shot the ball and scored before I could even touch him.

There's no way we can win with him on the team. His team ran at him congratulating him and that's when I heard his name, Barou.

It's our kickoff and so Isagi sends it to Bachira but Igaguri steals it and takes it not even 5 meters before Team X steals it from him.

They instantly take up positions and pass it to Barou, who gets pressed by multiple people and passes it backwards which turns the score into 2-0.

3 more goals were scored and we couldn't do anything to stop them. With 3 minutes left, me, Isagi, and Bachira were at the ball where Bachira said,

"It's hopeless to even try to win so how about we try to get one point with the 3 of us?"

"I'm down." I say.

"Alright." Isagi says.

Our play is to have Bachira draw the attention, pass to me on the left to bait them twice and then hit Isagi for the goal.

Bachira takes a few steps and then lobs it over to where I'm at me with pinpoint accuracy. I run up a few meters and then lob the ball to Isagi, who traps it perfectly. Now it's a 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper.

But Barou saw it all and was instantly in front of Isagi. With Barou pressing him on defense, he passed it back to his right where Kunigami was at. Kunigami sends the straight into the back of the net with a lot of power.

Raichi starts yelling at Isagi and Barou starts saying something to him. Raichi throws Isagi on the ground and now he looks upset.

I go over to Isagi and help him up.

"Don't sweat it Isagi, you cant shoot the ball in an impossible situation. So you had no choice but to pass."

"Yea but.."

I grab him by the shoulder. "Shut up, if you don't like the outcome then improve yourself and do better next time you hear me?"

He looks down at the ground for a second and then looks me in the eyes. "I got you."

I slap his back, "Let's go, don't put your head down on a loss ever again."

"Yeah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 575 45
"I'm going to strangle his scrawny, ugly, berries and cream-lookin' ass." Inko Ego. Ego's (totally much better) little sister. She's known as the wor...
7.5K 279 6
- ๐๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ž๐‹๐จ๐œ๐ค Various x ๐…! ๐‘๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ - ๏ผฐ๏ผฌ๏ผฅ๏ผก๏ผณ๏ผฅ ๏ผฒ๏ผฅ๏ผก๏ผค๏ผ '(๐—ฌ/๐—ป) ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—”๐—ฑ๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ player in a girl's national team and is...
13.5K 355 50
After Japan's elimination from the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Anri Teieri prompted the Japanese Football Union to start a program scouting high school play...
14.4K 344 26
blue lock various โ€• a book filled with badly written blue lock one-shots and hope for the best that people would enjoy.