Take Your Time

By ccj-11

What happens when you are in high school trying to figure out who you are and what your purpose in the world... More

Take Your Time
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Endgame

Chapter 25

750 32 4
By ccj-11

4.5 years later*

Caitlin POV

Caitlin: Where are you?

I look around the dark parking lot trying to spot her.

Caitlin: I'm in the parking lot waiting ....

I waited a couple more minutes, getting very frustrated.

Caitlin: I'm going to go back to the hotel if you don't answer. I have a curfew.

"Calm down!" I hear a booming voice from behind me. "The queen has arrived."

I shake my head as I open my arms up to embrace McKenna. She walks right into them. It has been months since I've seen her.

"About time." I squeezed her as tight as I could. "I've missed you."

McKenna breaks the hug and takes a step back. "It's not my fault you decided to play college soccer over softball and have your time consumed all the time. Hell I am surprised you are even allowed out. Don't you have a big game in a couple of days?"

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "I do and considering it's the national championship and I am the starting goalie, I think I made a wise decision for college." I smirk as we both head for the bar.

"So why are we walking into a bar if you have the biggest game of your life in less than 48 hours?" McKenna questions as we walk in after showing our IDs. "I assume you have practice tomorrow or something."

I take a deep breath. "I missed you. I figured this would be more of your scene than coming to our teams ho..."

"I call bullshit." McKenna cuts me off as we approach the bar where she turns her attention. "We will take two Vegas shots." She tells the bartender.

I quickly shake my head at McKenna. "I am not drinking."

The bartender places the shots in front of us. "A card for the tab." He requested.

McKenna hands him her card and me the shot. "I am sure you will change your mind especially for the real reason we are here."

"What is the real reason we are here?"

McKenna was about to speak when the front door dinged and two girls walked through.

My heart stops as I can only hear the music that is playing through the speakers at the bar.

When you walk in the bar with someone holding hands

"Peyton!" McKenna shouts and waved to us. "Over here!"

"Why?" I whisper. I try to turn away but it's too late. Peyton is on her way to us with who I assume is her girlfriend.

"Hi McKenna." She greets with a smile. "Caitlin?"

My heart is beating so fast. "Yeah. Do you not recognize me?"

"I do." She looks down at the floor and backs up at me. "I just wouldn't expect to see you here."

I fidget with my hands. "Same to you." We are playing her school in the championship and we all know how serious Peyton is about winning.

"Who is she?" McKenna bluntly asks looking at the girl by Peyton. "Are you guys dating?"

I elbow my best friend. "Seriously?" I whisper.

"This is Ali." My eyes go down to their hands that are still interlocked. "She is my girlfriend." Peyton confirms causing my heart to drop.

"Wow, you definitely have a type." McKenna laughs.

"What do you mean?" Ali questions McKenna before turning to Peyton. "Are one of these or both of these your exes?"

McKenna chuckles and is about to speak but Peyton beats her to it. "No. This is McKenna and Caitlin. They are just old friends."

Introduce me to her, say I'm just an old friend

"I told you that you would need that shot." McKenna picks it back up from the bar table and hands it to me. "Drink up sweetie, it will help."

Peyton raises a brow. "How have you been?"

Her eyes are on me which makes me assume she is asking me not the both of us.

"I'm doing fine." I lie as I put the shot glass to my lips and tip my head back. "I'll take another." I turn to the bartender. "Stat!"

"Are you sure you should be drinking?" Peyton questions.

I don't answer as I take the next shot.

I take another shot, need the Novocaine Wish it would numb my heart, way it numbs my brain

I was hoping Peyton and her girlfriend would go their own way but McKenna suggested we all go to a table to catch up.

I wanted to kill her. She should know this isn't what I want. It's probably written all over my face. Instead of protesting I will just rack up a hefty bill on her tab.

The conversation flows. There are "laughs" and "smiles" from the three girls, but me. All is supposedly love but I don't feel it. I can't pretend so I just keep quiet. My mind starts drifting as my vision blurs.

But it's all love I don't feel it, but it's all love

I don't know how long I have been zoning them out, but my attention zones back in when I realize McKenna isn't currently at the table. I look across the table where Peyton is kissing on her girlfriend's neck. She has a look in her eyes that she could care less about me sitting here and only care about the girl she is with.

The way you kiss on her neck with that look in your eyes Do it right in front of me kind makes me want to die

I start to stand up when McKenna returns. "Where are you off too?"

"Away from here." I say through gritted teeth. "I know this is supposed to be all happy so I am removing myself from the equation."

But it's all love I hate the feeling but it's all love

I go up to the bar and take a seat on a stool.

"Another shot?"

I nod. "Yes please and a rum and coke."

"Do you think that is smart?" A voice I didn't want to hear. If I ignore her she will leave. "Caitlin?" Peytons voice pleaded for me to turn towards her.

I wait for my drink and turn around with the rum and coke in my hand. "What do you want?" I say coldly.

"I am concerned about you." Peyton gives me a sad expression.

I roll my eyes. "You don't need to be concerned about me. Go be with your girlfriend. Forget that I am here."

"Why are you acting like this?" Peyton narrows her eyes. "I did nothing to you."

I couldn't roll my eyes enough. "You are clearly rubbing that girl in my face."

"Serious? Why does it matter if I have a girlfriend and what I do with her?" Peyton questions. "If I recall, we never dated! You didn't want to go there."

I down my drink. "Whatever you say Peyton."

"It's true! We won our final four games to go to the championship and you won the bet. You came to my room that night and said you just can't."

I shake my head. I don't want to think about this.

"You are right. Let's forget about the past." I turned to the bartender and pointed at my drink telling him I wanted another even though I still have a shot.

"Is that how you cope?" Her hand touches my shoulder. "Are you forgetting about the past? Are you sure you should keep drinking whatever the hell is in your cup?"

Should we forget about the past, is that how you cope should we Drink a little more of that rum and coke

"We don't have a past." I knocked her hand off me. "I was just one of those soccer hoes."

Peyton looks hurt. "You could never let that go could you? Sometimes I don't know why I even fell for you."

"Clearly you fell for me for my looks considering that girl looks like me." I don't know why I said that. I don't know why I am acting like this. I don't know how to be. I never knew how to be around Peyton.

I don't know how to be when she looks a bit like me

"I thought you said you were doing fine."

I grab the shot and down it. "Clearly I was fucking lying. I haven't been fine since high school."

"Why?" Peyton won't go away.

My head is spinning and I want to pass out. "Because of you Peyton. I should have come to your room that night. I should have kissed you. I should have told you how much I wanted to be with you! I was going to but then I got scared. You answered the door and all my walls went up again. I should have kissed you."

"Then do it." She looks me straight in the eyes. "Come to my door and kiss me, don't run."

"What?" I feel so light headed.

I try keeping eye contact with her but my eyes start to close and my balance goes. I start to fall backwards.

*real time*

I shoot up breathing heavily. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

532K 17.5K 20
Sequel To 'Me, My Step Brother & My Best Friend' The year when Seth and Aaron were graduating, Sebastian summoned his courage and told Dominique abou...
64.6K 1.4K 5
***REVISED EDITION*** Best friends since childhood, Kayla and Skye spend almost every minute together. From playing outside to worrying about college...
10.1K 787 12
This is the third book in the Best Friends Series. Life in their small town is steadily turning sour. Two families decide it's time for a change...
Loser || WlW By Courtichki

Mystery / Thriller

428K 24.6K 50
It only took one night to change her life. A night that she doesn't remember. Jordan Taylor was trying to stay in the shadows of her prestigious pri...