Married to The Ruthless Magna...

By SummerYna

Before Gabrielle Avelda lost her memories she was a famous top fashion designer abroad and a popular anonymou... More

Author
Prologue
Chapter 1: She's awake
Chapter 2: New Gabrielle
Chapter 3: Horrible Cook
Chapter 4: The rumored Wife
Chapter 5: Surprise Visit
Chapter 6: His wife's tears
Chapter 7: First Night
Chapter 8: Story of Genesis
Chapter 9: The Twin's Misfortune
Chapter 10: Reviving Phoenix
Chapter 11: First Date
Chapter 12: Mystery of Luna
Chapter 13: Masquerade Ball
Chapter 14: La Campanella
Chapter 15: She has Returned
Chapter 16: Lie on Fire
Chapter 17: Own Empire
Chapter 18: Lost Child
Chapter 19: The Little Prince
Chapter 20: Tragic Night
Chapter 21: Gray & Ace
Chapter 22: Family of Four
Chapter 23: Car Explosion
Chapter 24: Collaboration
Chapter 25: Return of Genesis
Chapter 26: Imperial Media
Chapter 28: The Casting
Chapter 29: A stranger's fortune
Chapter 30: Avelda's Residence
Chapter 31: Lucky Encounter

Chapter 27: Overnight Trending

1.1K 29 17
By SummerYna

NANG matapos kausapin si Ryan, Gabrielle head home directly. When she arrived, she saw Gray sitting outside the house.

"Gray? What are you doing there?" Agad na tanong niya.

"Mommy." Gray smiled and run towards her. "I... I was waiting for you."

Napangiti lang si Gabrielle at umupo para maka level ang bata. "What happened?"

"There's a witch inside."

Napatawa lang ng mahina si Gabrielle. "That's really not nice to say Gray."

Gray pressed his lips and pouted. "I just don't like her but that idiot likes her."

"Who's idio..." Gabrielle laughed and cleared her throat. Sigurado siyang si Ace ang tinutukoy nito. "Never mind, nandyan ba ang Daddy mo?"

Tumango si Gray at sabay na humawak sa kamay niya bago sila pumasok sa bahay. At the living room, nadatnan niya ang parents ni Yveo na nakaupo sa sofa kasama si Yvette at ang isa pang babae na katabi ni Ace.

They were probably here when they found out about Gray.

"Gabby!" Masiglang bati ng babae na may matamis na ngiti sa labi. Tumayo ito at lumapit pa sa kanya para yumakap na para bang close ang dalawa.

The woman is Bridgette Radson, she is Yveo's childhood friend and goddaughter of Yveo's parents. Nagpapanggap itong santa kapag kaharap ang ibang tao pero kapag si Gabrielle lang ang kasama, lumalabas ang tunay nitong ugali.

Gabrielle only gave her a plastic smile. A plastic for a plastic.

Gray is right though, this woman is like a witch. She pretends like an angel but inside she's a demoness.

"Mr. and Mrs. Leviarez." Gabrielle greeted at Yveo's parents and bowed a little.

Mr. Leviarez just nodded but Mrs. Leviarez ignored her and instead looked at Gray and smiled. "Gray apo, come here."

Gray only stood still beside Gabrielle and did not bother looking at the Old Madam.

Inis namang lumingon si Mrs. Leviarez sa kanya. "Saan ka galing? My son is always busy at work. As his wife, you should've stayed with the kids!"

Gabrielle laughed a little and smiled. "Natutuwa po ako at alam ninyong asawa pa ako ng anak niyo." She then glanced at Bridgette for a second before looking back at Mrs. Leviarez. "But, I don't think it's necessary for me to report to you about my whereabouts po."

Gabrielle knew that Mr and Mrs. Leviarez are trying to matchmake Bridgette to Yveo kaya nila ito laging sinasama pag pumupunta sila sa bahay.

Hinihintay na lang talaga nilang e divorce siya ni Yveo para e palit si Bridgette.

Too bad tho, it's never gonna happen.

Mrs. Leviarez stared at her with wide eyes. She did not expect her to answer that way and with that kind of tone. The woman she knew was always timid and couldn't even say a word in front of her. "You..."

Gabrielle immediately cut her off. "But, since you're my husband's mother, to answer your question po, I am working on something."

Yvette who was sitting suddenly laughed sarcastically. "Trabaho? Ikaw? Ano namang pinagkakaabalahan mo?"

Gabrielle only smiled. "You don't have to know sweetie."

"See? Mom? The guts of this woman!" Reklamo ni Yvette.

Magsasalita pa sana si Mrs. Leviarez nang biglang tumikhim ang asawa nito kasabay naman ang pagdating ni Yveo.

"You're here." Sambit ng lalaki na kagagaling lang sa study room.

Yveo walk towards her and gives her a soft kiss on her lips. "How was work?"

Gabrielle looked at him lovingly before fixing his tie and answered him with a sweet smile. "Almost settled, thank you."

Meanwhile, their visitors looked at them, surprised. Who wouldn't? This is the first time that they had witnessed the two act as a sweet married couple.

Mrs. Leviarez almost couldn't believe what she saw. Hindi ba't takot si Gabrielle sa asawa niya at lagi itong dumidistansya? Anong nangyari?

At the same time, Bridgette's face turned ugly when she saw the couple. Kailan pa naging close ang dalawa? She tried to act normal and force herself to smile then looked at Gabrielle.

"It's perfect that you are here Gabby, I cooked something. Come and join us for dinner."

Gabrielle glance at the woman and raised an eyebrow. Bridgette is like inviting her as if siya ang hostess ng bahay at si Gabrielle ang bisita.

"You don't have to do that next time Bridgette. After all you are a visitor, baka sabihin ng iba na hindi kami magaling tumanggap ng bisita ng asawa ko." Sagot niya ng nakangiti.

Bridgette frowned. What's happening? Why is this woman acting so different? The woman she knew before would never talk back, even if she does, this Gabrielle would always stammer when talking.

Bakit ibang iba ang babaeng kaharap niya ngayun kaysa sa babaeng naalala niya?

For some reason, Bridgette started feeling anxious. Before, she was confident to replace Gabrielle from her position but now, that confidence started to shake as she watched how the woman acted, talked or moved.

Ngumiti lang din siya ng sapilitan bago tumingin kay Yvette.

"Ano ba ang pinagsasabi mo Ate Gabby? Ate Bridgette is also part of the family. Right Mom?" Yvette asked.

And of course, kakampihan sila ni Mrs. Leviarez. "Oo naman hija."

Gabrielle only giggled and turn to her husband. "Darling, hindi ko alam na may isang kapatid ka pa pala na babae."

Upon hearing that, Yveo furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his family ignoring Bridgette's presence. "I think you all have seen Gray enough and the DNA report."

Gabrielle's lips curve upwards, gusto niya tuloy palakpakan ang asawa niya. Her husband sure knows how to annoy people without being obvious.

Yveo is basically telling them that now that they have seen Gray and the DNA result, they should already leave.

The Old Madam smiled. "Look at you son, why so serious? We women love to tease each other. Besides, we just came back from abroad, we also haven't seen you for months. So, can we be all just cordial and spend more time together like a family?"

Pinigilan lang ni Gabrielle ang sarili na mapairap sa narinig. Women love to tease each other? Nonsense!

Yveo did not answer but his face remained expressionless while staring at his mother. The old madam's smile slowly faded as she looked at her son who's trying to drive them out of their house.

Mr. Leviarez just cleared his throat and before butting in. "Son, let us just leave after dinner."

Mrs. Leviarez immediately put her hands together. "Right Yveo. Bridgette also brought some food that she cooked by herself. Let's give her some face shall we?"

Bridgette proudly raised her head while smiling but Yveo's next words shattered her confidence.

"Enjoy then." He plainly answered before turning to Gabrielle and kissed her on the forehead.

"I have things to discuss with Dad. Just wait for me. Let's eat together. I'll have Chef Pol prepare the food for us."

Gray, on the other hand, pulled Gabrielle's dress lightly. "Mommy, I only want to eat the food you cooked. Can you... cook please?"

Yveo knitted his eyebrows and glance at his son. "Your mother is tired from work."

Napatingin si Gray kay Gabrielle at di na nagpumilit. Instead Gray looked at Gabrielle with understanding.

Napatawa lang si Gabrielle ng mahina at malumay na tumingin kay Gray. She knew that this little guy only wanted to defend her and help her out. "It's okay. I'll cook something."

"Okay." Tanging sagot ni Yveo. He then looked at his father and signaled him to follow.

Kunot noo namang tumingin si Mr. Leviarez sa asawa niya bago bumuntong hininga at inis na tumayo sa kinauupoan. "Ang batang to, ikamamatay ba niya ang magsalita!?"

Nang makaalis si Yveo kasama ang ama nito bigla namang tumawa si Yvette. "Gray, hindi siya marunong magluto."

Gray just looked at her and whispered. "Idiot." Napatingin din siya sa gawi ni Ace katabi si Bridgette. "Another idiot."

Yvette who heard it looked at him in disbelief and could only complained to herself. Kahit na gusto niyang pagalitan si Gray hindi niya magawa dahil kahit papaano, alam niyang hindi ito lumaki sa kanila.

Gabrielle only looked astonished as she watched Gray heading towards the living room.

Lumingon din siya kay Yvette at Bridgette.

"Enjoy your meal." She said smiling before going to the kitchen.

After almost an hour, natapos din magluto si Gabrielle at nang makabalik siya sa dining room nandoon pa din sina Mrs. Leviarez, Bridgette, Yvette at kasama na din si Mr. Leviarez na nakaupo na sa harap ng mesa.

The three women were as if waiting for something. Gabrielle is sure though that they weren't waiting for Yveo who is currently nowhere in sight.

Napatingin siya sa lamesa, nandoon pa ang pagkaing hinanda ni Bridgette at kunti lang ang nabawas.

Gabrielle almost burst out laughing because she know exactly what they were waiting for. Alam ng mga taong to na hindi siya marunong magluto at kaya sila mahinang kumakain ay para masaksihan ulit ang katangahan niya noon.

Gabrielle didn't bother expressing her thoughts and just put the food she cooked on the table.
Tinawag niya na si Gray at sakto namang bumalik si Yveo sa dining room. The man paused when he saw that his visitors were still in the dining room eating slowly.

Yveo looked at his wife who just smiled at him giving him a look to just ignore them. He just sat beside her silently as they began eating.

Napangisi lang si Yvette habang nakatingin sa pagkain na niluto ni Gabrielle. This is what she was waiting for.

"Dad, have you tried Ate Gabby's cooking before? You should try it." Nilagyan pa niya ng pagkain ang plato ng ama niya.

Yvette looked optimistic but deep inside, she was gloating. She was waiting for her dad to show a disgusted expression.

Mr. Leviarez did not complain and just started eating but then he paused for a second and looked at Gabrielle who is silently putting food on Gray's plate.

The old man had heard before that this daughter-in-law of his, is a horrible cook, but tasting the food she cooked now seems like those were just mere fake news.

"How is it dad?" Yvette asked with excitement.

Mr. Leviarez just looked at his daughter and cleared his throat. "Quite. Just eat."

Napakunot noo si Yvette nang makita niyang kumain lang ulit ang daddy niya, kaya agad niya din tinikman ang hinanda ni Gabrielle. To her disappointment, the food tasted impressive. It was even a thousand times better than what Bridgette cooked.

Sa kabilang banda, Ace was eating grumpily habang nakatingin kay Gabrielle na naglalagay ng pagkain sa plato ni Gray.

Itinabi ni Ace sa gilid ng plato niya ang pagkaing hinanda ni Bridgette before staring at the empty space of his plate.

Gabrielle noticed Ace's blank stare and forced herself not to smile. This little guy's pride is higher than her patience. He would rather feel aggrieved than call out to her.

Nagkuha siya ng bagong plato at nilagyan ng pagkain before she exchanges it with Ace's plate.

Ace only looked at his new plate and then glanced at Gabrielle.

"Thank you." He murmured almost voiceless before eating silently.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Leviarez knitted her eyebrows while looking at her husband and daughter's reaction. She could guess that the food Gabrielle made is the opposite of what they expected. Because of curiosity, Mrs. Leviarez picked up her spoon and took some of the food Gabrielle prepared.

Surprisingly, it tasted so good. Kailan naman nag aral magluto ang babaeng to?

At the same time, Bridgette, was the one who most felt awkward as she watched the family eat in silence while the food she prepared was left cold and almost untouched on the table.

She just remained calm with a smile on the outside but she was boiling in anger inside. Her hands under the table were almost bleeding because of her own nails digging into her palms.

She stole a glance at Gabrielle. Ano bang nangyari sa babaeng to? Bakit bigla siyang nagbago? Ang alam niya, Gabrielle almost took her own life to ask for divorce from Yveo. Anong nangyari pagkatapos? Bakit parang nagbago ang lahat?

She looked down and bit her lower lip until it bled. She never felt threatened by Gabrielle's presence before, but now there's like a warning sounds ringing inside her head.

After that long dinner, their visitors finally left. Gabrielle was now on the 2nd floor veranda looking at the moon outside.

She sighed, she never really hated Yveo's family. Although Yvette and her mother kept on playing petty tricks on her before, it was never to the point that would put her life at risk.

"Are you upset?" Yveo whispered while hugging her gently from behind.

Gabrielle only chuckled. "Upset about what?"

"How they treated you. I will not allow them to visit here again."

He was always aware that his family really did not like Gabrielle from the start. He really could not force his family to like her either because the more he force them to, the more hate she will receive.

What he could only do before is to protect her in the dark, pamper her and make sure to not let his family put her life in danger.

Gabrielle laughs a little and turns around. "Look at me, Yveo."

Yveo pulled out from the hug and looked at his wife's beautiful hazel eyes. "For the past few weeks, you've already witnessed who I really am, this is the real me Yveo. The coward, innocent and naive Gabrielle you married the first time is not really me, alam mo yun. Kaya wag mong alalahanin kung paano ako tratuhin ng pamilya mo. They will one day accept me wholeheartedly. I'll work on it so you don't have to feel conflicted between me and your family."

Yveo finally smiled and kissed her on the lips. Hindi man niya binabanggit, pero hindi pa rin mawala sa isip niya na minsan ng humiling si Gabrielle ng divorce. He don't want that to happen again just because of his family's disapproval.

"Shall we give Ace and Gray a sister?"

***

AT same time, in an internet cafe, chaos broke down when a group of people started screaming over a post that was slowly going viral.

"Ohmygod! Si Genesis!!"

"Huhu my beloved Genesis is back!"

"F*ck! Totoo ba to?"

"Na hack kaya yung account ni Genesis?"

"Parang hindi ehh, may post din ang page ng Phoenix!"

One girl frantically took her phone upon seeing the post and started calling her friends.

"Guys, tingnan niyo yung official page ni Genesis at ng Phoenix Publishing, dali!"

"What are you talking about??"

"Ohh my goodness! Bumalik na siya!"

The author's die hard fans were frantic and excited about the author's comeback. No one had expected this to come. Kung may mga masaya sa pagbabalik ni Genesis, mayroon ding hindi natutuwa. Iba iba ang reaksyon at komento sa post ni Genesis.

"Naku, bat pa siya bumalik? Wala na ba siyang pera kaya gusto niyang magkapera sa fans niya ulit?"

"Ang uto uto naman ng mga fans ni Genesis, iniwan na nga sila diba?"

"Oo nga naman mga uto uto! Baka nga bumalik lang yung author na yan kasi wala na siyang pagkakakitaan."

"To the person who commented above mine. Ano bang alam niyo? Kung makapag salita ka parang alam mo ang buhay ng tao."

"Right! May reason man o wala, ang mahalaga saming legit fans niya ay ang pagbabalik ni Genesis."

"Di niyo maiintidihan ang nararamdaman ng mga taong nagmamahal at naghihintay kay Genesis."

Just like that, the post of Genesis and Phoenix Publishing became the number one trending topic on social media platforms overnight.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8M 595K 48
(Game Series # 5) Lyana Isobel Laurel never wanted complication. She never dreamed of marrying into a wealthy family-a family that's way out of her l...
The Mayor By Dany

General Fiction

14M 255K 61
.
33.4M 1M 48
(Game Series # 1) For as long as Katherine could remember, Juan Alexandro Yuchengco has always been her dream guy. He's smart, kind, and could be fun...
46.8M 1.4M 55
Blake Vitale was a mess. Alam niyang para siyang bomba na malapit nang sumabog. He can even hear the ticking of the clock in his head, the time bomb...