Meridia: The Fall (Book 2 Cat...

By Quietdreamer52

BOOK 2 of Meridia Kaylaya and Cato are back along with the other characters we know and love. Another year a... More

1
Guilt
Training
Reaping
Welcome Back
6
7
8
Games
Your Victors of the 77th Hunger Games..
11
12
13
15
16 ( 12 POV)
17
18 ( FYI)
19 (12 POV)
20
21
22 ( 12 POV)
23
24 ( Capitol POV)
25
26 ( 12POV)
27
Hey!
How to make them believe
I do.
Don't understand ( 12 POV)
What do you want me to do? ( Mixed POV)
34
Round 2
Meet the team
37
Start of a...
... Revolution
Friction
Scores
The end.
Games
i'd killed you by now.
Why?
Fainting hope
The Tree
Finale
13
...you made it

What did they do.. ( Mixed POV)

173 6 0
By Quietdreamer52

Kaylaya POV

What did they start?

Those two sounded like they were reciting from a drilling manual. You minus well have a gun up to their head when they spoke, there was such a fake emotion to it.

It was painful, but entertaining at the same time. I thought I wasn't the best actor when it came to me and River.

But the girl makes me seem like an actress. I can see how she really feels, the Capitol is to stupid to see anything besides the "love" those two share.

But the districts? We see right through. What they say is complete crap, they thank the Capitol for their generosity?

Bull.

No doubt something happened, it needed to. In the one speech they thanked them 5 times.

5.

The speeches are maybe 45 seconds each.

It was to cheesy to watch I had Cato turn it off.

********

I was in the training center, shooting. It was a mix before knives and bow. I found I equally love both, that seems to be the only thing I've really been doing.

I like it better that way for the last 2 weeks. That's the thing I know I can beat everyone at, and since Cato beat me with swords, he's been training me.

I feel like a tribute again.

" Hey."

I turn to see Cato coming in the room drenched. I squint my face, " What were you doing?"

" Getting his ass handed to him." Brutus says also coming in the room, equally as disgusting.

I chuckle looking between the two, " He beat you in swords?"

" I almost got him every single time." Cato defends.

" Sure you did." I say sarcastically making him glare.

" Brutus!" I hear her sharp voice down the hall.

" Oh, your in it now." I joke as Enobaria comes through the door. " Do you not know how to look at the clock?" She snaps.

He looks at her blankly before looking at the clock in the left corner of the wall. " Oh."

" Oh. That's all you have to say is Oh?" She questions. " We need to go."

" Go where?" I ask.

She's been weird the last couple weeks, me and Cato can't seem to find out why, I even asked Vad about it, which he seemed just as oblivious as us.

" Nothing, just another appointment." She says dismissively.

" This is your fourth one. Is something going on?"

She shakes her head, " It's nothing, I just have been..not feeling good. I've been passing out. Brutus." She says again mentioning to the door.

" We'll come and watch 12 at your house later." He says following Enobaria out of the training room.

I watch them walk out. " What is their deal?"

Cato shrugs, " No idea." He goes to my knife belt grabbing the biggest knife he could find, hurling it at the target.

" Your supposed to hit the bullseye."

His jaw tighten as he looked at me, " It hit his chest."

My lips twitch, " Hitting the target doesn't mean it's a kill shot."

" That would so be a kill shot."

I raise my brows looking at the target then back at him, " Ok Cato."

" It would!"

I put my knives away, " Whatever you say." And with that I walk out of the room, Cato following.

We walk hand and hand with eachother, Cato still glares at whoever might be staring at the two of us, reguardless who it is, making them look away.

" What's your favorite flower?" He asks.

" Favorite flower?" I repeat.

He smiles softly, " Yea. Favorite flower."

I laugh softly, thinking. " I don't know, I guess those little white wildflowers that sprout everywhere."

" You mean the weeds?" He asked bluntly giving me a smirk, trying not to laugh.

" Those are flowers."

He shakes his head, " Ofcourse your favorite flower is a weed."

I stop, making him do the same. " Why do you ask?"

He shrugs, " I don't know, it just came across my mind."

I cock my head to the side, " Well since you asked a question, I get to ask you one."

He mimicked my expression, " Fine."

" What's your favorite color?"

He busts out laughing, " That is the most generic question you could've asked me."

"I don't know what it is."

He still smiles, " Black or red. Yours?"

" Black and blue."

" What kind of blue?"

" Blue, like your eyes." I admit.

That seems to surprise him, " So, my eyes is what won you over?"

I shrug, " Maybe. What won you over with me?"

" Your smile."

That makes me smile. " Huh.."

He hums in response looking down at my lips. "Cato."

" What?" He asks pulling his eyes up, before I can respond he leans in kissing me.

He pulls away just slightly before leaning back in with a little more force. " There's people watching." I manage to get out with a small laugh.

" Let them look." He says simply.

" We should get back, the house is a mess."

He sighs, " Ok."

**********

We get back, Cato calls an avox while we both shower, changing into different clothes.

I brush through my hair with my fingers roughly as I go down the stairs. " They should be here any minute ."

" To late."

I look up to Brutus already drinking on the couch. " I see your already emptying our liquor cabinet." I say smartly shooting him a grin.

I noticed Enobaria didn't have anything, " Baria, can I get you anything?" I ask.

She shakes her head, " Can't drink, I have these pills I need to take."

I nod, going over to sit down, " What did you two find out?"

Brutus looks over at her, She shrugs " They just said it's maybe stress. The pills are supposed to help."

I never heard of such a thing, but maybe it's a rare condition or something so I don't press anymore. She looked tired.

" Let me know if you need anything." I say sweetly, I happen to realize Cato wasn't in the living room, "Where's Cato?"

" He needed to go to his room for something." Brutus said again with a small smile.

" Oh."

" There he is." Brutus announces raising his hand in Cato's direction.

" What?" Cato asks kissing my cheek before sitting down next to me, his arm wrapping around me.

" Your girlfriend was asking where you were."

Cato eyes me, " Awe, you missed me?"

I roll my eyes lightly elbowing him, " No."

" Turn on the TV Hadley." Enobaria ordered from the other couch.

" Yes, ma'am." Cato says turning it on.

It was Caesar looking very solemn. " Good Evening folks, before we get into our lovers from District 12, I have an important announcement."

I lean into Cato's chest watching the TV intently, what? The cost of clothes went up? Tragic.

He clears his throat looking at a small gold piece of paper. " Our beloved Head Game Maker-Seneca Crain- has passed away in expectantly. But reports say he passed peacefully in his home. Services are still to be determined..."

" I'm sure he passed away peacefully." Brutus laughs, " Finally got payback for letting 12 live."

I look over at him, " Took them long enough, I'm sure with everything going on it made their decision a lot easier."

I shake my head looking back at the TV, I felt somewhat bad for him, what did they really do? They can bring someone back from the dead, if he had anything wrong with him they'd fix it.

Their own people should know that.

" But, on a more positive note: District 9 everyone!" Caesar says, his mood instantly lightening.

There they were, Evangeline was leading the way while the other two followed behind. Their hands were interlocked, both looked a little more at ease.

I was staring at Octavia. Her face was dodging every hard face that was staring at her. Callahan noticed pulling her closer, he rubbed her hand with his thumb, getting a glance from her.

She gives a small smile, as she looks away he scans her with the most innocent smile as he walks. His was genuine.

I chuckle. " What?" Cato asked, making the other two look at me as well.

" The boy, that's what."

" What about him?" Baria asked looking at the screen for a clue. " How he looks at her. I think he likes her, she doesn't."

They go to say their speech, the boy going first. He thanked them for inviting them there, then thanking them for the sacrifice of their kids.

Sounded like a typical escourt speech. To similar to Neffy's she tried making for me and River.

So fabricated. So fake.

They thanked that Capitol for their generosity, he also thanked Seneca.

Thanking him for keeping them alive.

" Well, that's all to convenient." I hear Baria mumble.

He said some more bullshit things, I forgot they were allies with 9. Kie, that was the girl. I saw Octavia looking continuously at her picture as sadness flooded her features.

Callahan finished saying what he needed to say, pulling her literally back to reality. She looked one more time before she stopped.

" I-um..I have something to say." She says shakily.

Callahan eyes her, but takes his place at her side. "I..didn't know Crow. But I did know Kie, she wasn't just an ally, but a friend. Her smile was so serene, I think if she smiled at anyone it would make them feel better."

I see her eyes tear up, " I'm sorry I couldn't save her. I'm sorry I didn't even offer to help, But I promised to win, so thank you. And to show my thanks, my..partner and I will like to offer one month of our earnings to her family for thanks."

" Shit." Brutus scoffs.

" They can't do that. Can they?" I ask looking dumbfounded between all of them straightening up.

" They can't." Cato says taking his arm from around me as he sits forward.

The crowd claps breifly, I see an older man whistle this tone I hear once before, though I couldn't remember where. He kisses three fingers raising them into the air.

Two peacekeepers rush into the crowd, grabbing the man, two others also grab 12 pulling them in their justice building.

There was a gunshot before the cameras cut. They killed that man, right there.

We all gasp, looking wild eyed at eachother.

" They're going to get massacred." Cato says faintly, his eyes fearful. " I can't- I'm not going to.."

" Hey.." Brutus gets up coming over quickly. " Your not going, do you hear me? I'll talk to Zane, I'll even fight him over it, ok kid?" He puts a firm hand on his shoulder squeezing it.

Cato nods, but his mind seems to be some place else.

" Cato." Brutus says with a little more force, making him look up at him. " Your not going back. Ok?"

" Yea." He says.

I look at the two of them right by me, Brutus knows what happened, but Cato didn't want to tell me?

I almost felt hurt, but maybe it's easier for him to tell Brutus, he was his mentor. I feel Baria is some sort of Mother figure to me, I guess Brutus to.

" I'll grab you another drink." I tell Cato grabbing his cup. " Anyone else?"

" Whiskey." Brutus says.

" Sounds like we're all having the same thing."

                    ***********

Evangeline's POV

BOOM!

I gasp as I see something flash and fly out just as the doors just close.

Koa shrieks turning away, thought she might pass out, I would check her out but I had Octavia in my arms. She was yelling trying to get back out there.

" They shot him! What did he do? Why did they..." She yells.

I look around franctically, I see stairs leading up. "Everyone, up!" I command. Callahan takes the lead, grabbing onto Octavia while I go by Koa.

" You alright?" I ask Koa. I don't think she's seen the brutality of the Capitol like this, definitely not in person.

She nods, I know she's not. She looks absolutely terrified.

I grab her hand, " Come on."

I go up the stairs, the adrenaline was turning into anger, at everyone.

" Why did you need to offer?" I spit.

Octavia shrugs, " I thought that would help, I thought if I gave something genuine he'd believe."

" Who'd believe?" I ask.

" Snow. You said we need to convince him, my family-"

" We all have family!" Callahan yells. We all look equally taken back, " We all have people we need to protect Octavia!"

" And who protects them?" I ask pointing out the window. They were just carrying the man away, the crowd looking equally as sick. I could see the crimson blood trail as they walked.

" Snow told you, he needed to be convinced. And you two..." I wave my finger between the two of them.  "sucking at it."

" We're reading whatever Koa is giving us. We're doing the best we can." Cal says.

" It's not what she's writing, it's how she looks." I point at Octavia glaring me. " Your holding back."

" I was never good at pretending-"

" I don't care what your good and not good at. You got all of us into this problem. You need to get us out sweetheart." I snap.

I take a breath, " Your going to go out there, your going to smile, your going to act like them." I mention towards Koa. " Your going to be ready to end it all with this boy. If 2 and 4 could persuade everyone, you two FRIENDS should have everyone wrapped around your finger. We need to keep these people safe."

I sigh, I'm sure the career districts are already on their way. Ready to kill more, I'm sure Cato is on his way.

" Let's see when we can leave." With that I make my way down the stairs.

                    *********

Celeste POV

I think they were doing ok, they could improve. But seeing they are just starting this tour, they're building it up, just like what Ms. Musak and Mr.Odair did.

They're doing the same exact approach, that's their mistake. That's not making anyone believe, because we saw it before. I thought love was supposed to be unique. Not a broken record.

I take a light sigh as my brother and grandpa watch with me on the balcony. The warm sun was shining on my lap, warming me.

Though I enjoy the warmness, I felt burdened watching those two stir the districts. Not one has settled since tour.

Then she said that..

" They can't give their winnings away, can they?" Kieran asked Grandpa.

He takes a sharp breath lifting his chin. " They cannot. But they're making us look good. But I promise they won't get a grain." He assures.

This man raises his hand, singing a tune that made my face fall. A tune of a traitor.

" Lyla?" Grandfather says.

" Yes sir?" One of the guards said.

" Tell them to shoot." He says clearly.

My eyes widen looking at my grandpa. It was one word the guard said into a mic that was attached to her uniform.

On the screen, two Peacekeepers went throught the crowd to retrieve the man, indeed shooting him.

He turns off the Tv, closing his eyes. I look at my brother who's face was disgusted.

I let my face fall as I let a small weep out. " Why are you crying my dear?" Grandpa asked.

" I feel as though I failed you. My idea has just brought problems."

" Celeste. Look at me."

I look up with tear filled eyes, he smiles " We all make mistakes. And this is just getting started. It was merely a warning. You did not fail."

I sniffle giving a nod.

" Kieran." He says sharply. He looks over, " Yes, grandfather?"

" How's the search for a Game Maker."

He smiles, " I think I found one."

" His name?"

" Plutarch. Plutarch Heavensbee."

" I'll like to meet him."

*********

Kaylaya's POV

Brutus took Cato outside to calm down, I had no idea how wound up he actually was about this. I knew it wasn't good, but for him to shut down completely.

It scared me.

" Do you know what happened?" I ask Baria once I see they're out of ear and eye shot.

She turns her body toward me, " This time Kaylaya, you'll need to wait for him to tell you. I-we don't want him to freak out."

" I want to help him Baria! I can't just stand here and do nothing when something is obviously wrong." I yell.

She tenses, " Lower your tone with me first of all. Second, you don't want him to come in here all wound up, even more when your yelling."

I take a breath, " Then tell me what I need to do, to help him."

" Just be there Kay. Let him know your here."

" I did."

" Then that's all you can do, he'll tell you. Just..don't let him drink. He's stupid when he's drunk, and I don't need you two fighting then something happens."

I nod. " Fine."

I slump back into the couch flipping through the channels, I didn't feel like talking anymore. Enobaria I think felt the same, she even looked like she was about to fall asleep.

" You can sleep in my room or any of the others rooms if you want."

She shifts sighing. " No, I'm fine here."

" I don't know how long they're going to be."

" Probably awhile." She yawns.

I go get her a blanket throwing it at her. " Here."

She takes it, I swear in a matter of a minute she was out.

I get settled back into the couch grabbing one myself watching some air heads rate their favorite Game outfits.

What idiots.

slowly I to, started to fall asleep. It was a good hour and a half before they came back inside.

" We'll take the room downstairs." Brutus.

I hear Cato sniffle. I shift to see Brutus grab Enobaria, carrying her downstairs.

Cato laid next to me, though he was very frigid doing so. " I'm up." I mumble.

" Sorry."

I sit up so he has more room to lay down, his whole face was red, tear streaks running down his face, his eyes popped from the bloodshot.

I wipe a tear giving him a weak smile. " I'm so screwed." He whispers.

" Why's that?"

I crawl in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. He looks reluctant to say anything, " You don't need to tell me yet." I reassure.

" No I do. I just don't want to sound stupid."

I laugh, " Your not going to sound stupid. I want you to be happy, I want to be there for you like you were there for me when I needed it."

He lays his head on my shoulder, wrapping me closer to him. " I can't even be strong for you."

" Your always strong Cato, you don't need to be all the time. Your only 20."

His breathing slowed, I traced shapes in his back just sitting there, he just needs to know I'm here.

" I don't want to kill all these people." He says eventually.

" I'm not letting you in one of those cars unless I'm with you. No way your getting away from me. I'll keep you locked up here just like you did to me when I had my flashbacks."

He laughs, " Good. Brutus told me the same thing. He said I'm on house arrest. He's staying here just in case my dad tried to come to recruit me."

" He'll need to get through me and Brutus both."

I feel him smile, " What would I do without you."

" I don't know, both our lives would be quite boring."

" You got that right, I would've saved a lot of headaches."

I scoff hitting his head lightly giving him a pout. "Ouch."

" I'm joking Kaylaya. I have no idea what I'd be doing right now. Your the best thing that's happened to me."

I feel myself smile, " I love you to."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 1K 33
What if you volunteer for the hunger games for your brother? To give him a better life. What if you plan to come back,but you never do? A clato stoy...
197K 5.8K 21
REVENGE. when everything is ripped from her, a young victor makes it her mission to eliminate the one who tore her apart. CATCHING FIRE
370K 7.4K 66
"Isn't it lovely. All alone. Heart made of glass. My mind of stone. Tear me to pieces. Skin to bone." ━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━ BOOK 1 - Indiana Summe...
449K 12.1K 26
" 𝔦'𝔪 𝔞 𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔬𝔯 " ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* In an attempt to save her sister, and survive the Hunger Games, Rowan Everdeen m...