The Aftermath... (Tale of Sch...

By background21

Three people who were best friends from childhood ends up in a deadly triangle and everyone has their scheme... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue #1
Epilogue #2
Epilogue #3

Chapter 14

587 94 31
By background21

*Meghana Pov*

As I was about to open the door to enter the office room, someone collided with me with her face sticking to the phone.

"I am so sorry! I was typing a message and didn't see you." She said apologizing and I smiled at her.

"Did you come to meet Kanika?" She nodded and put her phone away.

"I am glad I met you before leaving. Next week is Kanika's birthday and I wanted to throw a surprise party at 12 but I got mixed up with a very important shoot. So, I will conduct it in the evening hours when I return." She explained and I gave her a confused look.

"I just want to make sure she doesn't come to my place suddenly. Can you keep an eye on her that day?" She finally asked.

"Sure! I will take her to some other place where she has to stay till the evening then." I replied remembering how I thought of surprising Kanika by letting her meet Landen.

Isn't this amazing to give her a surprise on her birthday? I smirked thinking my surprise will be better than Anny's.

Anny gave a confused look seeing my expression and I cleared my throat saying, "Just give me the date and I will do it. I never heard her talking about her birthday before and so I didn't give much thought about it."

"It's not like she doesn't care about birthdays. I remember her working hard just to prepare a dress for you." I added and couldn't hide the envy.

How I wish I have such a friend who cares about me? I thought sighed and Anny nodded with a calm expression.

"She doesn't like celebrating birthdays so much. I had to force her sometimes but she doesn't take any initiative to celebrate. But she always goes out of her way to celebrate mine." She said smiling with pure happiness.

"You know, I don't need anyone else if she is in my life. I can continue to lead a happy life." She added with a bragging tone.

"Really? So, the rumors are true that you broke up with your boyfriend? I thought they were false as I saw him with you here a few times." I asked frowning.

"We didn't break up! I am just saying that she is really important and I would still lead a very happy life only with her in it." She explained and I slowly nodded still feeling envious.

"Shall we go?" We were both startled hearing a voice and turned to see her boyfriend standing near the entrance with a blank expression.

"Sure! I just messaged you and asked whether you reached or not and ended up talking to her and didn't see your reply." Anny said smiling at him and then waved at me before walking away.

"You didn't tell me the date?" I asked ignoring her boyfriend who definitely seemed to have heard the words just now.

However, when she mentioned the date, I got shocked and immediately reached out to her asking, "Can I know about Kanika's parents?"

I can expect the name to be a coincidence but how can the birthday be? Anny gave me a confused look and calmly said that her Mom passed away long back and her dad is no longer in her life.

"She is not an orphan?" Even though it is clear that this Kanika is not Aunty's Kanika when I heard about her Mom but I still continued.

"She stayed at an orphanage." Anny said with a curious look at me.

"Okay!" I mumbled and waited until they left but felt weird while thinking about the coincidences.

Now, I definitely need to take her to meet Landen and Radhika Aunty to see this issue to the end. What if... I didn't continue thinking it is better to not have any hopes and if Aunty thought her daughter is dead then there must have been a reason for it.

*Prathap Pov*

"Am I the only one who felt weird while hearing Meghana's questions?" Anitha asked looking at me as I started driving us.

"No!" I replied and continued to think about the words I just heard.

I always knew Kanika is important for Anitha but hearing those words still gave me a jolt and uneasiness.

"What happened? Are you not feeling well?" She asked in a worried tone.

When we stopped near the house, I turned off the engine and removed my seat belt along with her but before she could move to open the door, I pulled her towards me and kissed her.

"Pra..." She gave a startled expression but returned the kiss by circling her hands around my neck.

After a few minutes passed when I couldn't breathe anymore, I moved my lips away but continued to hold her with a tight grip.

"What happened?" She asked caressing my neck.

"Nothing! I just love you." She got startled hearing those words and moved to stare at me.

"I love you too." She whispered before pecking my lips.

"Did your Dad come to trouble you? Don't worry! I will be with you." She assured me smiling.

Before I could say anything, we both heard my phone ringing and when I found it is Mohan Uncle, I immediately picked it up.

"I am right now returning to the city by taking the earliest flight. I want everyone who is involved in this matter including Kanika and Anny to come to Ashok's place within three hours." He suddenly said with a fierce tone that I never heard from him.

"Okay, Uncle!" I mumbled and he cut the call.

"What is it?" Anitha asked frowning.

"Uncle found out and returning right now to the city. He asked everyone to go to Ashok Uncle's place." I replied and she slowly nodded.

"Everyone means you three and Nitish, right?" She asked but I shook my head.

"He asked for everyone who is involved which includes Kanika and you." I replied and she shook her head.

"I don't think so! Maybe he said that so that you don't keep Nitish away from this. Why would he want us to get involved?" She asked and I stared at her.

"I know you could be right but from what I know, they don't ever leave any party who knows about this matter from the meeting. And Kanika and you are more involved in this." I explained but she didn't look convinced.

"Can you come?" I asked and she finally nodded.

When we walked into the living room, we found Nitish and Shrishti waiting for us. Did Uncle call them too?

"What did the doctor say?" Anitha asked looking at Shrishti.

Shrishti replied about the caution Doctor passed and I got worried looking at her. However, the next second she calmly said that they both will move to another house soon in the same neighborhood.

"Let's plan all those later before your Dad just called me and asked everyone to come to Ashok Uncle's place within three hours." I said and she gave a shocked look and then started rubbing her forehead.

I glanced at Nitish to find his face filled with worry. Good! You deserve to worry like this.

I called Vikranth and informed him about the matter and he said he will bring Kanika along with him to the house directly and we can come on our own.

I know Vikranth will understand that Kanika needs to be present. She is still his wife to the elders and is also involved in the issue. How can she be kept aside?

*Vikranth Pov*

"I don't understand why I needed to be there. I still need to do work here." Kanika said when we reached Dad's place.

"Mohan Uncle asked for everyone involved and you are my wife." I replied and she glanced at me hearing those words.

"I didn't force you to come at all. I just asked you and you know that I didn't force you to come to any events related to the family recently." I added and she looked away without responding.

"Why are you coming when you are not needed?" I continued as we got down from the car but she stayed silent.

"I am the one who proposed the idea of letting Nitish stay with Shrishti. I don't want others to get blamed because of my actions." She finally replied and I smiled before holding her hand as we started climbing the stairs near the door.

"Others? Me?" I asked and she stayed silent again.

"Vikranth!" we both turned to find everyone reached the place and are walking towards us.

However, I found everyone pause when they saw me holding her hand. Why are they shocked about this? I am just holding her hand.

Before any of us could saying anything, I heard another voice shouting, "Kanika! Why were you not picking my phone all this time? Do you know how much work I am doing recently? I wanted to tell you but you didn't answer a single call."

I glanced at Uday who is standing near the door with a frown covering his face and is staring at Kanika.

"I am busy!" she replied before pulling her hand away from my hold and gestured others to come as we found the elders in the living room.

"I heard you opened a design venture. Where is it? I will come and visit the place." He continued reaching her side and started walking with her into the house.

I frowned at his side but stayed silent when I found everyone's expression as we all stepped into the house.

"Uday! Stop talking!" Dad said stopping Uday's chatter and gestured us to sit down but continued to stare at Nitish.

"Mr. Nitish! Mohan got an interesting call from your father with a threat towards Vikranth, his wife, and GH if we didn't hand over his family's heir and you back to him. Care to explain?" Dad asked looking at Nitish who is the only one standing and we all got surprised hearing those words.

"He is not my Dad." Nitish stated and I heard someone chuckling after hearing that answer.

"Very well! We just wanted to know whether to involve you in the fight against your Dad. Also, care to explain why was my family's child hurt because of your family and you?" Dad continued.

"It was my mistake and I am willing to do everything to make it right. I already signed over the NK agency to GH and willing to work in GH agency. I am planning to purchase a house near Anny's place to stay with Shrishti and take care of her." Nitish said without pausing.

"Are your questions done? Can I now hit him?" Mohan Uncle suddenly asked and I stared at him feeling surprised.

"Dad!" Shrishti said reaching his side but he ignored her.

"Dad!" She whispered with tears forming in her eyes.

"Have I ever made you feel that I will not care for you the moment you are engaged? Have I not always asked you continuously to tell me if there is any issue? Have I not? Am... I a... bad father?" His voice broke at the end.

"It is my fault, Dad! I was drowning in my own guilt and thought I deserved all those. I shouldn't have put myself through all that. Kanika opened my eyes and I promise that I will never do that. You are the best father any girl could ever ask for." She said breaking down into tears.

"Uncle, Doctor has cautioned her to be careful for a few months. Please be angry at me and you can even hit me. But please don't say anything to her." Nitish asked pleading him.

"Because of whom did she reach that stage?" Uncle shouted and was stopped by Pramod Uncle while Leela Aunty consoled her.

I looked around to search for my Aunt but I didn't find her anywhere, and Kanika glanced at me before asking Uday in a low tone about his Mom.

"Uncle sent her away to attend a function." He replied to her in a happy tone.

"Let's go to the study and discuss the matter." Saying that Dad stood up and called Pramod Uncle, Mohan Uncle, and me.

I nodded standing up and glanced at Kanika to tell her to wait but got startled when I found her staring at Dad with a displeased look and even a hint of anger.

Why is she suddenly angry at Dad? I thought frowning but all I could do was hold her hand for a second as Dad called me again and walked into the study to discuss.

--------------------------

Hey everyone! I know I said I will give update during the weekdays after skipping last weekend but I was so packed up with too many works and didn't had proper time... Actually, I was concentrating on the important chapter about the main event but it is not representing what I want to show... So, I am struggling with that and as Wednesday is holiday, hopefully I can give that on Wednesday... And the next chapter could be tomorrow I guess...

How is the chap?

Comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89 16 23
"It's one of the most important rules of the job, kid, you don't fall for your client." Diana's world is falling apart. Her father is in serious tro...
36 1 25
Tired of continuously getting her heart broken, Sofia promised herself she would never let anyone break her heart. But how do you know that the next...
644 44 17
"Relationships," he starts. "They can either go horribly wrong or very right." COMPLETED
2.9K 104 62
My favourite shape: love triangle Y/n y/l/n just joined the bau...and 2 people immediately caut their eye. but who will be their endgame? and who wi...