The prank

By CatLover_3695

When Harry's name gets entered into the goblet of fire under a fourth school he wants to know which school it... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 16

4.1K 129 35
By CatLover_3695

Harry's POV

I woke up on the 6th of November feeling extremely excited. Today was the day of my date with Cedric.

I jumped out of bed and rummaged in my closet looking for the perfect thing to wear.
I found a green sweater and a pair of blue Jeans that looked quite nice. I laid all my clothes out on my bed then walked into the bathroom. I showered and brushed my teeth before walking back out of the bathroom and putting on my clothes.

I skipped down to breakfast thinking about what the day may hold in-store for me.

I spotted Hermione sat with the twins, ginny and Neville. "Hey everyone." I grinned.

"Hey Harry, fancy going to Hogsmeade with us?" Ginny asked.

"I'd love to but I've actually got a date." I blushed.

Fred and George spat their drinks out in shock.

"Wow congratulations Harry, I never had a chance to say this to you but I believed that you didn't put your name in the goblet of fire." Neville mumbled.

"Aww thanks Neville," I smiled.

"You have a date?" Fred asked.

"I do, why are you jealous that I have a date or that someone gets to go on a date with me?" I asked smirking.

"Probably both," Ginny smirked slyly.

I laughed heartily at the expression on the twin's faces.

"Even though you're on a date, so you perhaps want to meet all of us for butterbeer at about 2 o'clock, you can bring your date if you'd like?" Neville asked.

"Sure that sounds great Neville." I smiled.

I quickly ate my plate of scrambled eggs then turned to listen to what Ginny was saying.

"Charlie sent me a message, he said that he's coming to watch the first task."

"That will be nice," Neville said.

"Yeah, so Harry are you gonna tell us who you're going on a date with?" Ginny asked.

"I won't tell you however I will answer questions about them. Hermione you aren't allowed to say anything," I responded.

"Are they in our year?"

"No."

"Are they Gryffindor?"

"No."

"Are they a boy?"

"Yes."

"Do they have blonde hair."

"No."

"Are they older or younger than you?"

"Older."

"Have you been on a date with him before?"

"Kinda."

"Is he tall?"

"Very."

"Hey Harry are you ready to go?" A voice from behind me asked.

I turned and saw Cedric looking devilishly handsome in a pair of jeans and a beige sweater.

"Yes I'm ready." I grinned.

"You little devil." Ginny whispered as I stood up causing me to laugh.

The twins and Neville stared at me, gobsmacked. I smirked at them then said, "I'll see you at 2 o'clock guys."

I walked out with Cedric and as we passed through the doors out of the school I asked "so how have you been?"

"Not too bad, it's just hard trying to prepare for a task that you don't know." He sighed.

I laughed "yep they do like to make us do impossible things. Which actually I have a nack for doing so I guess that may mean I'm going to win."

"We'll see about that." Cedric laughed.

"Where do you want to go today?" I asked as we climbed into a carriage that would take us to Hogsmeade.

"Umm, I'd like to check out scrivenshafts, honeydukes and dervish and bangs but other than that I don't think there's anywhere else I need to go, what about you Harry?"

"Well I need to go to Gladrags as funnily enough becoming a girl means you need a new wardrobe. You already said the other shops that I would like to visit. Actually could we go into zonkos?" I rambled.

"Sure." Cedric grinned.

We got out of the carriage and walked through the gates of Hogsmeade.

"Hey, around 2 o'clock my friends are meeting up for butterbeer and I wondered if you wanted to join us?" I asked as we walked down the quaint little street.

"Sure, it would be nice to get to know your friends." Cedric grinned.

We walked into Hogsmeade and I looked around. I had forgotten how amazing it
was - sweet treats as crazy and as colourful as the language I would love to use when talking about numerous people one of which being Voldemort.

Cedric and I both picked up some sugar quills and classic chocolate frogs. I also picked up a few things for Sirius and Remus such as a heap of chocolate bars, Bertie bots every flavour beans and exploding bonbons.

After paying we walked next door into scrivenshafts. I browsed the shelves of quills and I found one with a handsome hippogriff feather. I picked one up and I also picked up a notebook, parchment and a pheasant feather quill.

I found Cedric hidden amongst piles of parchment. "Who are you trying to hide from Cedric?" I giggled.

"Ha ha," Cedric laughed slightly sarcasticly.

I had paid for my stuff so I had free hands. I took a few of the rolls of parchment that were about to fall off the top. I began juggling them around, slowly adding more and more rolls of parchment. Cedric was laughing so hard he dropped several rolls of parchment. I walked over to the counter and put all the rolls down on it - there was at least 7. Cedric added another 7 then paid.
He shoved them all into a bag and we walked out laughing.

"Where did you learn to juggle like that?" He asked.

"Oh you know here and there." I responded mysteriously.

I learnt when I was young as I found that it was an easy way to make doing the laundry for Aunt Petunia fun.

Our next stop was dervish and bangs. Cedric bought a book on the history of his favourite quidditch team (Pride of Portree). While I just looked.

"Have you looked into the quidditch teams since we last spoke?" Cedric asked.

I had and I had some assistance from Sirius (which was basically him telling me what team my dad supported).

"I have actually and I have decided to follow Puddlemere United." I responded.

"Good choice." Cedric grinned.

We walked out of Dervish and bangs and into Zonkos. I found a lot of rather intriguing items. As well as pranks, they also sold the most random things ever. I picked up some dung bombs, a notebook covered in penis's that said 'don't be a dick or you'll be put in the dog house', some drawing equipment, a fanged frisbee, a photo frame, two blocks of glass (for an experiment), a fake wand that turned into a dog chew and various other bits and bobs that would end up being used to prank people.

A lot of the stuff I had bought so far was for a birthday basket for Sirius. I paid for everything then walked over to where Cedric was waiting for me.

"Hey Cedric," I smiled.

"Hey Harry, shall we head to the three broomsticks to meet your friends, plus I'm getting kind of hungry." Cedric suggested.

"Sure let's go," I responded.

Cedric slipped his hand into mine as we walked out of Zonkos and into the bitter November air. I regretted not bringing a coat as it was freezing outside. I began to shiver as the wind picked up in pace. Noticing my shivers, Cedric removed his coat and draped it around me.

"Oh Cedric you don't have to," I shivered, trying to remove the coat but secretly glad he had put it on me.

"It's not a problem, I don't want you catching a chill," he insisted, putting an arm around me and pulling me close.

This was amazing. I was wearing Cedric's coat and was pressed against his muscular body. His scent of pine was intoxicating yet it was comforting.

I was glad when we entered the three broomsticks as it was so cold outside.

I spotted my friends and waved over at them. We walked over and sat down at the table.

"Hey everyone, I should hope you all know cedric." I laughed.

Cedric grinned then said "nice to meet you all,"

"Harry we were just talking about your interview with Rita Skeeta and how amazing it was." Ginny announced.

"I'm surprised how well it went," I responded.

"I'm surprised she didn't twist it into something worse." Added Cedric.

"Wait Rita Skeeta published an interview without any lies, that's extremely shocking." Neville commented.

"Right you Neville," stated George.

"I'm gonna go and get butterbeer who wants some?" Fred asked.

Everyone got out some money and Cedric asked me "did you want a sandwich?"

"Yes please." I responded.

Cedric, Fred and George stood up to fetch the drinks while Hermione and Ginny turned to interrogate me.

"So you and Cedric Diggory?" Ginny smirked "well this certainly is a shock, two of the most food looking people in the school and the two Hogwarts champions."

"Technically I'm the champion from the SWA." I stated.

"Does Cedric treat you well?" Neville asked.

I nodded eagerly.

"Good, listen Harry can we talk in private later, I have some news that I'd like to share with you." Neville said.

"Sure Neville." I smiled.

Cedric and the twins walked back holding butterbeer and food.

As soon as the twins sat down they began to make jokes causing everyone to roar with laughter. Hermione and Neville ended up discussing herbology while the twins, Ginny, Cedric and I all had a heated discussion about quidditch teams.

"What quidditch team does everyone follow? I follow Pride of Portree." Cedric started.

"We follow the Appleby Arrows." Said the twins.

"I support the Holyhead harpies." Ginny stared.

"I have recently decided to support Puddlemere United." I grinned.

"So you weren't swayed by Ron gifting you Chuddley cannon's stuff?" Asked Ginny.

"No. I just didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't support them as they were awful." I laughed.

Cedric laughed "How does your brother still believe the Chuddley cannon's will still with the league?"

"We have no idea." The twins and Ginny responded.

"Harry did you manage to get your clothes?" Hermione asked.

"Ah shit no." I cursed.

"How about us girls go clothes shopping while the boys stay here." Ginny suggested.

"Can I come, I need a new robe as I managed to burn my good one? I don't really know how." Neville asked.

"Of course Nev." I grinned.

The four of us got up and left the three broomsticks and walked next door into Gladrags.

I walked in and saw what was definitely the oddest clothes shop I had ever been in (and I have not been in many). There were racks and racks of clothes all of different styles. Some racks were full of robes, others were full of Muggle clothes. I browsed all the different types of clothes and found some nice t-shirts, jeans, and jumpers. I also found the most beautiful gown. I remembered that on the letter with the book list for this year, I said that we needed dress robes. Well since I wasn't going to wear men's dress robes I decided to buy it. It was emerald green, with spaghetti straps and a vined pattern going down the front. I found a pair of green high heels matched beautifully so I picked them up. I didn't need to buy new trainers since the ones I had fit perfectly well and were relatively new.

I walked over to the cashier and paid for all my clothes.

The girls, Neville and I walked out of the shop talking cheerfully. We met the twins and Cedric before walking back up to the castle. On the way up to the castle, the twins were joking around by making impressive impressions of the staff members causing us all to crack up with laughter.

Cedric and I left the other five at the gates to have a walk around the edge of the forbidden Forrest. In the distance I could hear a roaring sound. So because I am a reckless idiot, I walked into the forbidden Forrest and towards the noise.

"Harry that's the forbidden Forrest," Cedric hissed.

"I know so stay close by me." I responded before walking deeper and deeper into the darkness.

Nervously, Cedric followed me as I got closer to the source of the noise. A spurt of flames burst out to the left of us. I peaked around a tree and saw that my worst nightmare was indeed in front of me.

Dragons.

Four large, fire-breathing dragons.

"Charlie did you remember to keep the eggs away from the nesting mother's?" A voice shouted.

Charlie Weasley of course he works with dragons. Ginny said he was coming to visit. Oh this is bad.

"Did he just say nesting mother's?" Cedric asked weakly.

"Yep." I responded.

"C'mon lets get back to the castle," Cedric suggested.

I nodded and after taking one long hard look at the dragons, I followed Cedric out of the forest. As we reached the edge of the forbidden Forrest, I spotted two figures making their way into the trees. One was about eight feet tall while the other seemed so be just over five foot. It was Madame Maxime and Karkaroff.

"So this means everyone knows what the task is." I summed up.

"Yep." Cedric responded.

I grabbed his hand and we walked silently up to the castle - still in shock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 5.5K 98
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
1.2M 54.2K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
249K 16.3K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
478K 7.2K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...