Another Chance

由 Loveme105

After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47- Epilogue

Chapter 6

2K 175 25
由 Loveme105

JARED'S POV

I gazed at Anna, raising my brows at her.

I definitely did not want to participate in the game, but, there was no harm in being sociable and watching.

Anna looked reluctant, and followed the drunk blonde out of the dining room, me wheeling myself closely behind her. She had practically already finished her large glass of champagne, her eyes a little hazy and heart beating a little faster, her breathing rate increased because of the alcohol.

I wanted to keep an eye on her to ensure she paced herself. I didn't want her getting too drunk too quickly and making herself unwell.

"Are we playing?" Anna asked me, and I shrugged, leaving the ball in her court. I didn't want to tell her not to as it was completely her decision and she didn't know what she was to me yet. To her, spin the bottle was probably just a way to break the ice and make the party less awkward.

Acting like a jealous prick right now was going to get me nowhere.

The thought of her kissing someone else made my heart ache though, and I just hoped that she would want to sit out like I would be.

"Come on!" called the blonde, ushering us into the kitchen along with everyone else, and I narrowed my eyes at the empty beer bottle that had been placed in the middle of the kitchen island, everyone gathered around it.

I sent Gia a look, and she looked at me apologetically.

Playing the game clearly hadn't been her idea, and I was just hoping that we wouldn't be forced into playing.

I was pretty good at standing my ground now though.

Instead of making a scene, I decided that I would just decline if the bottle did land on me. Nobody could force me to play. It was a childish game, a lot of the people here being a little younger than me, drinking most likely a little newer to them.

"Are we ready?" A brunette guy spoke, and I cocked my head at him, rolling my eyes as he ogled the woman around the island. I had seen him around the pack before, but, I wasn't a huge socialite, hence why I didn't actually know a lot of the names of the people here.

Some were also friends from other packs, and I wondered how long they had travelled just to be here tonight. Would they be spending the night? I didn't fancy being surrounded by a ton of people, so I made the decision to head home tonight instead of staying over here.

The bottle was spun, landing on Gia, who widened her eyes, biting on her lip, and I could tell that she was secretly hoping for the next spin to land on Ethan, but, the chances of that were slim.

Gia took a hold of the bottle, giving it a good spin and laughing as it landed on Clara, both of them shrugging and pecking each other on the lips.

I could tell that Clara didn't fancy drinking tonight, her hand still clutching the same bottle of cider she had been drinking when she had arrived, more than half of it still remaining.

Since having children, she enjoyed spending her time at home, Gia still being a bit crazy and impulsive. It made me wonder how they actually got on so well. They were two very different people, but they seemed to bounce off one another.

Clara reached forwards, spinning the bottle, and I noticed how Gia began to pour my mate another glass of champagne after noticing how she had finished it.

Anna leaned over the island, thanking Gia and taking it from her, causing me to raise my brows at Gia with warning.

I didn't want Anna feeling like she had to drink, and I would've much rather preferred Gia only filled up her glass when she asked for it.

Gia mouthed a quick 'sorry' before turning her attention back to the bottle, bursting out in laughter as the bottle landed on me after it landing on Clara again.

"Yeah, not going to happen," I chuckled, and my sister pinched the bridge of her nose, causing everyone to giggle.

We played a few more rounds, my eyes wandering to Anna multiple times as I noticed how her heart rate picked up every time the bottle tip neared her. I took it as a good sign, signalling to me that she was hoping that it wouldn't land on her.

Ethan ended up having to kiss the drunk blonde, and I noticed how Gia stiffened, her mouth settling into a firm line before she dropped her gaze.

It was obvious she was a little jealous, and I wondered if she would ever brave it and ask Ethan out. They weren't mates, but they clearly enjoyed each other's company.

I wasn't paying attention, having lost interest in the game, noticing how Clara was looking at my mate, taking her presence in, and I knew she wanted to introduce herself properly and make her feel more comfortable.

But, I was brought out of my daydreaming after hearing a small gasp from next to me, realising that Anna was staring right at the bottle that had landed on her, her face going red.

Gia widened her eyes at me along with Clara, one of the girls spinning the bottle again, it moving quickly across the island, eventually slowing down, pointing at a tall brunette boy standing opposite me.

He shrugged, moving around the island to make his way over to Anna, but, I released a growl, angling myself so I was blocking him, giving him a hard glare.

"She's not playing," I told him huskily, Anna gulping from behind me, the brunette wolf in front of me shaking his head, clearly offended.

"Dude, what's your problem?" He asked, making me clench up my fists, my eyes widening when I felt Anna place her hand on my shoulder. Her touch caused my muscles to instantly relax, and I inhaled deeply, swallowing.

"Jared, it's okay," Anna said quietly, looking at the man that stood in front of me, chewing on her bottom lip. "I'm sorry, but I'm not playing."

"It's just a little kiss," he responded, making me chuckle unironically, wheeling closer to him, gazing up at him harshly.

"She. Said. No." I told him, my voice laced with venom.

"You've got to be kidding me."

Anna didn't want to kiss him, and there was no way in hell that he was gong to force her.

"Okay, okay, guys," Gia said awkwardly, moving around the island to stand between the wolf and I, pushing at his chest. "Jake, seriously stop it. Don't be a dick."

I heard Anna whimper from behind me, craning my neck to see Clara loop her arm through hers, leading her away and out of the kitchen, disappearing out of my sight, frustrating me even more.

I hoped I hadn't come across as too protective, but, I was not going to sit here while Anna kissed another guy, especially since she didn't want to. I would protect her, even if it meant making myself look like a bit of a dick to other people.

"Jake, Anna is Jared's mate, but she doesn't know, so please just stop," Gia told him, folding her arms across her chest and glaring at him, her foot tapping against the tile impatiently.

Jake's eyebrows raised, before he nodded, holding his hand out to me. "I'm sorry man, I didn't know."

I hummed at him, turning away and wheeling myself out of the room in search of Anna. I wasn't about to shake Jake's hand.

The only reason he backed down was because he now knew Anna was my mate, not because he knew she didn't want to do it. He was your typical asshole who didn't listen to women's wants and needs.

He could suck a dick.

I had just started to rain, and I wheeled myself out into the foyer to see the front door open, Anna and Clara standing on the sheltered porch, looking out into the front garden that was collecting multiple fast growing puddles.

There was a cool breeze hitting me, causing goods bumps to arise on my skin, and I noticed Clara turn towards me, offering me a small smile before stepping into the house, giving Anna and I some space.

I thanked her, wheeling past her and manoeuvring myself so I was set up next to her, my brows furrowing as she wrapped her arms around herself, shivering from the harsh wind.

"I'm sorry about that, Anna," I told her, and she ran her tongue along the front of her teeth, shrugging.

"It's not your fault," she replied, turning to me, pushing her curly hair away from her face, sighing. "I'm thankful you stood up for me."

I could tell that she was no longer enjoying herself, and she pulled out her phone from her pocket, checking the time.

She was most likely wishing the minutes away.

"Do you want to go?" I asked her, and she looked at me apologetically, cocking her head.

"Kind of, I'm sorry," she said, and I nodded, fully understanding.

She wasn't expecting this many people to be here, and I was a little annoyed with Gia for telling Anna that it would be a small gathering when it most definitely wasn't.

I understood she wanted an excuse to get Anna and I to socialise, but, I didn't need the help.

We needed to do this at our pace, and nobody else needed to get involved.

This was between my mate and I.

"How are you getting back? The weather is pretty nasty," I said, really not liking the idea of her walking home alone.

Anything could happen to her, and it was dangerous for her to venture out by herself.

"I'll just walk," Anna responded, and I furrowed my brows, laughing.

"Definitely not," I said, pulling out my phone. "Let me arrange you a cab."

"Oh no," Anna said, waving away my concern, gulping. "Really, Jared, it's fine. I don't need a cab."

"Anna, you'll get soaking wet. I'm not letting you walk home alone," I told her.

I wasn't taking no for an answer.

But, even the thought of her getting a cab alone made me panic, worried about if she would actually get home okay, and I decided that I would join her, planning to ask the cab to drop me home afterwards.

I noticed how my mate's eyes began to tear up, causing me to shove my phone back in my pocket, furrowing my brows at her. "Anna, what is it?"

"I'm sorry," she said, rubbing at her eyes, and it seemed she had swallowed her tears, not allowing them to fall.

"No, it's fine," I told her with concern, cocking my head, taking a hold of her hand, sparks arising across my fingertips and knuckles.

"I just really can't afford a cab right now," Anna said, her voice hoarse, cracking at the end, and my heart began to break.

"That's not a problem, I'll pay," I told her, and she shook her head, looking concerned.

"No, no, Jared you really don't have to do that. Please, I can walk," she said, and I shrugged. It really was no big deal. I didn't mind paying for her us to get a cab at all.

I took one last look at her wide eyes, chuckling, wheeling myself back into the house and grabbing an umbrella that was stood up against the wall, it still dripping.

Surely someone wouldn't mind if I used this?

"Fine," I said, taking a hold of it, and exiting the house again, popping the umbrella open, handing it to Anna. "If you want to walk, you can, but I'm coming with you."

•••

They're so cute together.

Read ahead and get more regular updates: patreon.com/Loveme105

Please vote if you enjoyed!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

28.9K 1K 27
(This is a story about an alpha and his young mate) All Erik Samson ever wanted was answers, but each time he unveils truths about one problem, it en...
2.8M 91.4K 20
Gabby's brain is like a human fish finder. It comes in handy when she wants to avoid people. Mostly men. They seem to like her a bit too much. It's l...
500K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
257K 14K 59
18+ SPIN-OFF to The Eternal Curse Everett has been waiting for his mate longer than most. He's fantasised about his future Luna joining him in his ad...