Little Bitch

By DarknessAndLight

Sequel to Smirking Jerk Blake Eaton is many things. A running back, an aspiring artist, a brother still mourn... More

Intro.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 41

6.3K 509 181
By DarknessAndLight

Chapter 41

Lexi's birthday fell on a Friday.

Unfortunately for us, I had an away football game that night, and Lexi had plans with her family, so we'd agreed to celebrate it together on Saturday.

It was probably better that way anyway. We'd have the whole day together.

But it didn't stop me from spamming Lexi with happy birthday texts at midnight.

I sent her way too many messages to even count, spelling out the words one letter by text.

Ohmygod stop it you maniac, Lexi managed to reply between two frenzied texts.

I ignored her comment and asked, Am I the first one to tell you happy birthday? I better be the first one. I will riot if I'm not the first one.

You have soooo many issues, Lexi replied, not answering my question.

Pretty sure we've already established that. You didn't answer. I am worried now. I texted back.

Don't worry you maniac, you're the first one to wish me happy birthday.

YES!!! YESYESYES!!!!

You're making me rethink my decision of dating you.

I grinned alone, staring at my phone.

Why? You want to date me sooner now? I get it. Makes total sense.

You're slap-happy Blake. Have you had enough sleep? my Pumpkin asked.

Definitely not.

I'd been spending all my evenings and parts of my nights finishing my birthday present for Lexi. I was still sitting in my shack now, putting final touches. I hadn't really finished any paintings in years, so I had a hard time figuring out when I was satisfied with one of my pieces.

Because this needed to be perfect. It was Lexi's birthday present. It was a big deal. I couldn't mess this up.

Even if she wanted to make me believe that her birthday wasn't a big deal, not having her mother with her this year made it a big deal. I had to make up for it.

Go to sleep. We'll see each other tomorrow. Lexi wrote. I could almost hear her exasperated tone.

How can I got to sleep when it's my wonderful girlfriend's birthday? I NED TO CELEBRTE LL NIGTH LOONG!!!

Blakey-Boy. Re-read that last text. And then go to sleep.

I snorted. Yeah. I'd clearly pressed sent too quickly. I didn't learn my lesson and sent back, NEVER SLEEPBG EVER AGAINB!!!

Jesus. Wasn't it Clark that used to drunk text you? Was this how it felt?

I shook with laughter alone, throwing my head back, while spinning around my little stool.

I most definitely hope texting drunk-Clark does not feel like texting your wonderful sober boyfriend.

My STUBBORN boyfriend is sleep deprived. He needs to sleep.

I ignored that. It was not time to sleep. It was time to write to my girlfriend. YOUR STUBBORN BOYFRIEND LOOOVESSS YOOOUUUU!!

That's it. I'm not answering you again. Go to sleep, Lexi replied.

I laughed again. But then jumped on the opportunity to spam her again.

What????

No I love you??????

Wow.

I CLEARLY LOVE YOU MORE!!!!

I LOVE YOU MORE!!!!

I LOVE YOU MORE LEXI ELIZABETH GRAYSON!!!!

Lexiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Pumpkin?

Dearest girlfriend?

I know you're reading the texts.

I LOVE YOU MORE.

Finally, Lexi caved in. Ohmygod I LOVE YOU TOO. GO TO SLEEP!!

I laughed more, and then set down my phone and stared back at my painting.

Somehow, it still did not feel perfect, but I needed to stop overthinking it now. I'd already stated all over again. I couldn't do it twice. I needed to put varnish over it so I wouldn't have the option of modifying it anymore.

So, I did that and then went to sleep, trying not to be too sleep deprive for my girlfriend's birthday.

Because even if we weren't celebrating it together today, I still made a point of coming to school with a cupcake and a candle, while waiting for Lexi by her locker.

I lit up the candle, and took a deep breath and only manage to say "happy," before Lexi rushed to me, covering my mouth with her hand.

"Why are you doing this?" I mumbled in her palm, grinning.

"I will not have everyone singing Happy Birthday to me every chance they get today," she hissed at me, making me laugh.

She took her hand off, and I told her teasingly, "So, you mean to say you don't want me and the boys to break into a choreographed song in the cafeteria during lunch?"

She glared at me. "I hate singing."

"Say that again, I'll record it and send it to Vanessa."

My girlfriend rolled her eyes, unaffected. "You know what I mean."

"Come on, blow out your candle before it catches on fire."

Lexi gave me a bit of a side eye, making me laugh again, and the clasped her hands together and closed her eyes, thinking of a wish, and the opened them and blew out the candle.

I gave her the cupcake and tiny clapped, before giving her a kiss on her forehead.

Lexi chuckled at my antics.

"I wanted to have one made with like a Pumpkin concept, but then that would be more for me and less for you. I assumed you would prefer the M&Ms," I explained my choice of cupcake. Basically, the frosting part was covered with M&Ms.

"I still haven't forgiven you," she said, taking a bite from it.

My Pumpkin was clearly a sugar monster. This was waaaay too early in the morning for me to be eating sugar like this, but apparently that did not faze Lexi one bit.

I nodded. "Understandably."

"I'll still talk about this when we're gray and old."

I smiled. I knew she was saying this like it was a bad thing, but it just made me happy, thinking about growing old with her. "Yes, of course, still very understandable."

"Thanks for the cupcake," she said, and took another bite.

I hugged her side, trying not to interrupt her eating. Eating was a very serious matter when it came to my girlfriend after all. "Thank you for being born."

"I didn't do much that day you know."

"Either way, thanks for being born."

We went to class together while Lexi ate her cupcake very seriously.

Lexi made a point of dodging anyone mentioning her birthday, and I let her be.

If this was what she needed right now, I needed to respect that. Even if I was pretty sure I could have convinced the twins to break into a song and a dance for her birthday. They probably wouldn't even have needed that much convincing. This was the kind of shit they loved.

But instead, I just followed Lexi around, giving her more cupcakes. I'd gotten a box of twelve. When she realized I had more hidden, this was probably how people that were venerated felt.

Finally, at the end of the day, we had to part ways.

"Have fun. Don't get hurt," Lexi told me, before I got on the bus.

I hugged her, tucking her head under my chin. I liked how we fitted when I hugged my Pumpkin like that. "I'll be careful," I assured her.

"Love you," she said, before giving me quick peck on the lips.

I grinned back. "Love you too."

I loved the fact that some of our I-love-yous were turning into a sort of banality, the way you asked someone how are you when greeting them, like it was something so obvious it was thrown in the conversation easily.

I'd never thought that saying I love you to Lexi Grayson would become so common that it would become just part of our greetings or farewells.

We waved to each other and I got on the bus on the way to our away game.

In the bus, I sat beside Fred. He usually took a nap during these bus rides, so I had assumed we'd be quiet and I could get some shut eye, but I was surprised when Fred suddenly said, "Your mother called me. She's gotten in touch with the private school in England. She's started out the process to get Jean enrolled."

It most have shown in my face that I didn't know she had been doing that because Fred said, "she didn't tell you, did she?"

"No, she didn't." I didn't really want to get into the reason why I hadn't been talking with my mother, so I didn't say anything else.

Fred snorted, "She told me not to talk about it with you."

I chuckled, nudging him with my elbow. "Fred, you little snitch."

He looked at me, tilting his head a bit, "Is everything okay?"

I took a deep breath, and thought about it for a second. "Yeah, it's fine. Things will be fine."

And for the first time since the whole realizing-what-Kendall-had-done catastrophe, I actually believed it. 

__________________

Happy Monday my little Pumpkins! 

I really need to get my shit together. I keep falling asleep too early and then forgetting to post in the morning. XD

So yeah. Sorry for the late-ish post again. In my defense it's like 1PM here, so technically still very much Monday.

Anyway! I hope you enjoyed this little birthday chapter. I'm trying to add a little more stuff to the day, so it doesn't feel exactly like in I Sold. Also, this all makes sense to me. 

So. How is everyone doing? I'm back home now. I was supposed to go my mother's house for Easter, as I usually do, but it's maple syrup time here in Quebec, and my parents have a big ass land where they collect maple water from trees to turn into syrup and it's like a long process and basically this was the best weekend for it, and yeah. Easter was skipped this year. XD It's fine with me. I've been writing instead. The next Virgin and the Whore chapter should actually be up very soon. ;P

Alrighty. I should go get lunch now. And get some more writing done.

I hope everyone is having a nice day, and that you're all happy and healthy!

See you all next week! LOVE YOU GUYS! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430 102 50
This is a story about where at a certain age we start to understand the importance of the bonds we share with one another. A story about the smiles...
6.5M 293K 100
"I'm in love with you." How many times would I have to think about this, how many times, before she could hear it, feel it, see it in my eyes? "I'm i...
37.2K 2.6K 20
"I've never fallen in love right off the bat. I get scared to say I love you too soon because it means so much. It means you're not seeing an end to...
144K 3.6K 21
Lexi Reynolds has had a pretty simple, straight forward life. Her mother died in a car accident, but her loving dad takes care of Lexi and her two li...