Rise Up

By bat_chia

When I thought my racing career was over, fate gave me a big chance that brought me many ups and downs, new f... More

๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘บ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ผ๐‘ท
Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Old Friends, New World
Chapter 3: The Debut
Chapter 4: Big Chance
Chapter 5: Holiday with the girls
Chapter 6: Kisses through the Smoke
Chapter 7: Croatian Date
Chapter 8: Surprise?
Chapter 9: Big Talks and Small Problems
Chapter 10: Old Memories
Chapter 11: Scared Of The Rain
Chapter 12: Great News Between The Explosion
Chapter 13: What To Do
Chapter 14: The M in the word Media stands for Mess
Chapter 15: McDate
Chapter 16: Monza, Italy
Chapter 17: Throw back to 2019
Chapter 18: Special Race, Special Result
Chapter 19: Hurricane of Emotions
Chapter 20: The Truth Hurts
Charter 21: Party Hard Is Never A Good Idea
Chapter 22: My BFF is a Detective
Chapter 24: Dรฉjร -vu
Chapter 25: Matter of Priorities
Chapter 26: Birthday Boy
Chapter 27: Consequences
Chapter 28: Love Can Release the Pain
Chapter 29: Last Race
Chapter 30: Celebrations
Chapter 31: Winter Break
Chapter 32: Valentine's Day
Chapter 33: Testing and Barcelona
Chapter 34: Back in the game
Chapter 35: Birthday and Tattoos
Chapter 36: Help and Mess
Chapter 37: The Best For Me
Chapter 38: Highs and Lows and All the in Between
Chapter 39: Hospitals suck
Chapter 40: Rationality
Chapter 41: Imola and Dysasters
Chapter 42: Attempt
Chapter 43: Small Steps
Chapter 44: Precious Friends
Chapter 45: Part of the Family
Chapter 46: No More Shadow
Chapter 47: Fighting the Lions
Chapter 48: The New F1 It-Couple
Chapter 49: Such a Badass
Chapter 50: One Step Forward and Three Steps Back
Chapter 51: Maybe?
Chapter 52: I Love You But...
Chapter 53: No Matter What
Chapter 54: I think I like When It Rains
Chapter 55: Summer Break
Chapter 56: On The Market
Chapter 57: Pregnancy-Gate
Chapter 58: Never Settle
Chapter 59: Wind of Change
Happy ending.

Chapter 23: Tequila Always Help

766 17 2
By bat_chia

I was surprised when, after the race in Mexico, Checo invited me over to his house to celebrate his victory. His happiness was so contagious. He hugged everyone a bit randomly, with his home flag stick on his back as soon as he got out the car.

Even though his cute invite, I didn't want to go. We have talked a few times but we weren't exactly friends, so it was weird going celebrating at his home, with his family and friends, his first victory in his city.

But like all the other times, Danny convinced me to go. Well, he actually forced me to, saying that I must try the best tequila once there.

So I got back to the hotel, took a quick shower and wore something nicer than my usual jeans and basic t-shirt, before driving alone to his address.

His home was huge and already full of people, as it looked like he invited the whole paddock.

I parked the car next to the others sporty cars that I supposed were of the drivers or other important people Checo invited over. Grabbing the little bag I've brought with me, I locked the car and started to walk directly to the main door, following the loud music. Taking the few steps at the entrance, I stopped, taking a minute to decide if it really was a good idea or not.

There would have been basically the whole RedBull team, maybe even some of the Alpha Tauri for the big celebrations, not considering Horner too. In these past months I've got the chance to became friends with the others drivers but I've always found embarrassing hang out with them, as usually I'm the only girl there. Last but not least, I wasn't feeling that good still.

My run of thoughts got interrupted by two big hands on my back that started to push me more inside the crowded room. It didn't take me too much to realize who was behind me.

"Hey Dan. Ehm, actually- you know, I'm not really in the mood to party." I said stopping him and pulling myself in front of him.

"Kiara, kiddo, let me tell you something. You're so young and stupid." His strong Australian accent come straight into my ears although the music.

"Hey! You're offending me." I spouted back, trying to not laugh at his hilarious face.

"I'm gonna give you a precious lesson now, listen closely. When you have the chance to drink the best tequila- or any other kind of drinks- for free, you can't waste it, ok? So please, grab this glass, shut up and follow me."

I had just the time to smile at his almost naive speech 'cause we got soon interrupted.

"Daniel, can you leave us alone for a second?"

Oh, please no.

"Hey, look, another kiddo. I'll leave you two alone but not for too long. Kiara, my lessons are not finished yet, got it?"

Saying so, Daniel left me there, frozen in front of his teammate, taking away my glass of alcohol.

"I'm sure when you will back, the tequila will not be over." He said, noticing my gaze pointed on the precious tequila.

"I'm begging you, can we talk now?" Lando had the sweetest eyes that somehow, at the same time looked also a bit undertone.

"My boss is here, I can't risk it as it's not worthy." My tone came out even more huskier than I've imagined. He almost took a step back hearing my seriousness but then he scoff and replied.

"You're still mad at me, I get it, but I really want to tell you a few things. Let's go outside, I saw a place where we can talk without being noticed. What do you think?"

He pulled his hand towards me, inviting me to follow his lead. In the end it was the little smile on his rose lips that convinced me.

We sat on a sun-bed outside, in front of the pool, leaving some space between us as if we were scared to even dare to touch each other.

I should have taken that shot with Daniel. I thought, regretting to not have accepted it way time before.

The embarrassing silence between us got soon- and fortunately- broken by Lando.

"Promise me you won't get angry at Pierre." He said looking deeply into my eyes.

Hearing my best friend's name made me even more confused. "What?"

"Ehm, as you weren't exactly talking to me and as I saw you two getting very close in these past weeks, I talked to him. I mean, I asked him how you were doing and if he knew anything about all this situation but he almost beat my ass in front of everyone at the press conference."

I wasn't exactly mad at Pierre... I just wanted to kill him.

"He was furious with me too and- I admit that after a bit of pressing, he spilled the tea about you." His hand reached the back of his neck, starting to grasp it for the nervousness.

What a traitor of a best friend I have.

"I'm gonna go straight to the point. The girl you saw me with was Eliza, one of Max girlfriend's best friend. I know it seems absurd but believe me, it's the truth: for me she's just a friend. Max asked me to spend some time with her so he could have the chance to ask his girlfriend to be official. That's the only reason why we were close, definitely not in that way. The first time I met her it was in Croatia, because Max's girl didn't want to come alone with all of us boys." He started to pronounce like thousands words in a minute, almost faster than Eminem.

"Lando, you don't have to explain anything, I don't really care. You're more than free to do whatever you want-"

"Please, just let me finish. I'm so sorry for being such an asshole too. I had no right to treat you like this, it's just that... Argh, Why is it so hard?" He brushed his hands over his face, hiding what it looked like some tears. "Lately the media is killing me. Everyone put so much pressure on me after the past shitty results. People kept writing awful things about me and I'm just... scared. I've put all my future in McLaren after many sacrifices. It's just that I don't want to disappoint anybody from the team and my family, I just can't."

He stopped because of some low sobs that were escaping his mouth.

I'm aware of the fact that sometimes I'm a real moody and contradictory bitch, but right now, seeing him so vulnerable in front of me, was killing me. I couldn't just pretend that I didn't feel sorry for him.

"Hey Lan, look at me." I gently touched his cheeks, drying some tears and gently pulling him towards me. "Ok, try to calm down a bit. Let's breathe together. Inhale and exhale."

He followed my breath and calmed after a few times. His gaze never let my face, his hands tight around my wrists to keep mine still on his face.

"I've ruined everything with you just because I'm an immature idiot." His voice came out like a whisper, loud enough to be heard.

"Lan, I know I'm not the best person to tell this but people usually talk about things with the ones they love to be able to move on, if they really care..."

"I've always cared about you, never doubt it." He replied, staring into my eyes. "Give me another chance, please. You're one of the best thing that has ever happened to me. I need you, above all right now because everywhere you go, you take a bit of calm through the storm. I know you'll keep being my side as you did these last weeks but this time I promise you that I'm not gonna push you away. I want to be with you, Kiara."

Useless to say that I was the one crying after his words.

"Come here." I grabbed his arm and pulled his body on me to hug him. "I know what you're living, I've already been through it. You have to be strong, Lan. Don't care about what people say, they don't know you as we do. We are the only one that matter, the only one that care about your being. Never doubt yourself. We're humans, we always do mistakes."

His breathe became regular again. His strong arms around my waist made butterflies fly uncontrollably in my stomach. His cheeks were a bit red and his puffy eyes the usual deep blue with some green sprinkles that I love.

"I've made way too many mistakes lately too." I whispered in his, still engulfed in his warm arms.

"What do you mean? Are you fine?" He asked, breaking the hug just a little to be able to look me in the face but still keeping me close to him.

"Where to start... I didn't take that shot with Danny."

He laughed at my irony but returned serious soon.

"Please, give me another chance, I'm not gonna waste it, not again."

I caressed his humid cheek again, trailing my fingers on his jaw. I saw him shiver only because of my touch. Then I pecked his lips for the first time in a very long time.

"I do Lan, but don't you dare fuck up again." I said, while our lips were still brushing against each others.

"I won't."

He finally smiled and pulled me in for a long kiss, making my night, day and weekend so better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 538 17
they do say, โ๐ง๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐žโž maybe they weren't wrong. ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™, Childhood sweethe...
1M 25.6K 52
Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover. ยฉmen_lover status: completed
unconditional By

Fanfiction

999K 14.5K 50
Ellasandra Monet gets swept up into the world of F1 when she finally lands her dream job, but what happens when she comes across her dream guy, Charl...
238K 4.8K 19
"๐“˜๐“ฏ ๐“˜ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท. ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต. ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฌ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท Norah had worked her entire life up to this moment. Driving for a formula one team was...