Blurred Lines | shouto.

By madwoozy

"Suddenly, all the love songs made sense." ☩ ☩ ☩ Yuna Y/N was not the type of girl to be envied. Nothing she... More

[01]: Pilot
[02]: Unapproachable
[03]: Match
[04]: Dead Meat
[05]: New Girl
[06]: Broken
Character Summary
[07]: Brisk Air
[09]: Request
[10]: Improvement
[11]: Calvary
[12]: Pulling Punches
[13]: Burning
[14]: Limits
[15]: Blaze
[16]: Reject It
[17]: Firey
[18]: Hosu City
[19]: Improvise
[20]: Fear
[21]: Shouto
[22]: The Past
[23]: Feel Good
[24]: Catch
[25]: Bussin
[26]: Teamwork
[27]: Questions
[28]: Progress
[29]: Scars
[30]: Night-Terror
[31]: Refrain
[32]: Target
[33]: Fool
[34]: Trapped
[35]: Hostage
[36]: Strength
[37]: Be There
[38]: Outbreak
[39]: Frenzy
[40]: Alive
[41]: Just A Scratch
[42]: Approval
[43]: Study
[44]: Slip
[45]: Teasing
[46]: Hickey
[47]: Concerns
[48]: They're After You
[49]: Moving
[50]: Company
[51]: Ultimate Moves
[52]: Support
[53]: Happy Shoppers
[54]: No
[55]: Escapee
[56]: Sink or Swim
[57]: Delinquency
SC: Vigilante Arc
[58]: Find Her
[59]: Not A Liability
[60]: Favourite Hero
[61]: Making Moves
[62]: Found You
[63]: Fighter
[64]: Mourn
[65]: Serendipity
[66]: Home
[67]: Good Start
[EPILOGUE]

[08]: Pork Buns

397 13 3
By madwoozy

You had never seen the shop so busy.

Your store was more like a pop-up food van, but somewhat fixed in its spot in the street.

You mainly served food like cold soba noodles, or ramen, and sides, and pork buns. Food like that.

And because of the stores' low prices, good food and quick service, it was a popular spot on the weekends.

Your job was mostly to take the orders, clean dishes, or move stock outside.

There was a nice sitting area outside with some old milk crates where you and your two coworkers would go to have a relaxing cigarette when it was quiet.

But quiet was not fit, for this night.

You had been running around like a mad woman since your shift started, three and a half hours ago.

"Yuna-chan!" your boss called, stirring some beef broth in a wok. He pointed at the gas stove below it, that had just turned off.

You sighed.

Reaching over to the stove, you touched your finger to the gas and the burner relit.

It wouldn't affect, nor poison the food in the wok because you used only a spark to ignite the gas. You weren't spraying or cooking the food with your poisonous fire, obviously.

"Order fifty-seven!" you called out, holding a hot bowl over the counter.

The customer came up and took the bowl, giving you the receipt.

"Enjoy!"

You really disliked the customer-service part of this job. You preferred to work with your head down, out the back.

But, it's definitely a joint effort. Highs and lows.

The next customer comes up.

"Can I please get a spicy Tonkatsu ramen with pork Chashu, for takeaway."

You nod, "Just one-thousand yen."

The customer paid in cash and you smiled, "Your order number is sixty-one, here's your receipt."

The customer took the receipt and left. You had your head down, writing the order onto your pad.

The next customer stepped up.

"What can I get for you?" you asked patiently, with your head still down.

"One cold Soba noodle- uh-"

As the customer stuttered, you looked up.

"Oh, Todoroki."

He looked deeply shaken, looking up at you.

"Y-You work here?" Todoroki asked.

"Yeah, I do. Did you want something to eat?" you smiled. "What can I get for you?"

"I'm...I'll have cold Soba, with beef broth." he muttered, relatively clearly.

"Cool. That comes to six-hundred yen." you offered out the Eftpos machine. "It won't be long."

He looked away as he scanned his card.

You handed him his receipt, "I'll call out when it's ready."

He agreed with a silent nod. "Thank you."

As he left, you greeted the next customer in line.

Fifteen minutes later, Todoroki's food was ready and you felt responsible to call it out yourself.

"Sixty-two?"

He came to collect it faster than you had expected, but you handed it to him with a soft smile and he returned the expression. Then, he headed over to one of your tables to take a seat.

It was almost awkward. Although your workplace was a popular food truck, you very rarely had people you knew come to order.

Especially since the uniform was a tight singlet and apron. When you were first employed, you had denied the request to wear shorts, avidly insisting on baggy jeans.

Ignoring the embarrassment you had about seeing a familiar face at work, you carried on with your duties for the remaining half an hour of your shift.

It was over much sooner than you expected.

"Thank you!" you bowed to your other workers, walking towards the back door.

"Oh, don't forget your dinner!" one of them reminded.

"Oh, true." you grabbed the plastic bag with your name and a smiley face on it, "See you tomorrow."

You walked out the door and down the step, peering into the bag and feeling excited to eat your food.

As you walked around to the front of the store, you noticed Todoroki was still there.

You couldn't help but head over to him.

"You're still going?" you asked, looking at his bowl of food.

He looked up at you, taking out his earphones and seeming calm and complaisant.

"I finished a while ago." he gestured to the empty bowl. "I thought I should wait until your shift finished, to thank you properly."

"To thank me?" you almost laughed. "I didn't even make the food."

"I know, but, the service was good."

You looked around, unsure of what he meant. You had barely said anything to him in your interaction.

"I guess, you're welcome, then."

Todoroki looked up at you gently, a lot going on behind his eyes.

You looked back at him.

"Um... want a pork bun?"

He tilted his head softly, as if asking for further elaboration.

"A pork bun." you repeated, opening your bag and showing him the contents. "I've got lots."

A soft smirk infected Todoroki's face.

"Okay. Sure."

Responding, you reached into the bag and grabbed a bun before holding it out to him.

"Thank you."

Your heart beat a little harder than you were used to, watching him take the bun from your hands.

It surprised you when he immediately started pulling the bun out of its paper and immediately took a bite out of it.

You stared at him as he chewed and swallowed the bite. And he looked up at you again.

"It's yummy."

You let a small chuckle loose.

Then, he stood up from his seat and you made room for him to move out.

"So, you're finished now?"

"Yep. I'm heading home now."

"Which area do you live in?" he asked innocently.

"Few neighbourhoods that way." you pointed. "I normally just walk."

"Would you care for some company?"

You raised your eyebrows, visibly surprised. "Oh...why?"

He hesitated shortly before replying.

"I just don't want to go home, yet." Todoroki explained candidly. "It's quite late for you to be walking alone, and, I quite enjoy walking anyway."

"Okay, then."

You shrugged your shoulders.

"I don't need protecting, but sure."

Todoroki nod his head, seeming to appreciate your response. Then, he turned to grab his bag, and took another bite of his pork bun.

You started walking, and he soon caught up.

You walked in silence for a few minutes, happily enjoying the views that the night city had to offer.

"How is your wrist?"

You glanced down. "Oh, it's fine."

"Does it hurt?"

"Is that why you waited for me? Did you want to apologise again?" you glared at him as you kept walking. "Because if that's the case, just turn around here, because I said i'm not bothered."

"No, that's not it."

His voice was soft, he didn't seem bothered by anything.

"I did just want to thank you."

You pursed your lips. That didn't make much sense in your head, but you decided to ignore it.

For the next thirty minutes, you and Todoroki talked casually as you walked all the way back to your home.

You spoke transiently about everything from how long you had worked at the restaurant, to what you wanted out of training to be a hero.

You took turns explaining your answers, bouncing back and fourth with the details.

But just as much as you spent time talking, time was spent walking in simple, serene silence.

You loved those moments.

Talking wasn't always easy.

You were glad Todoroki seemed to feel the same way.

By the time you made it home, it was 10:35PM.

"Is this your building?"

You turned to face him. "Yeah."

"Do you live with your parents?" he asked.

"No, I live with my aunt." you lied. "It's good."

Todoroki immediately started to wonder why you didn't live with your parents, but decided not to press into it. He knew he wouldn't like it if you had done that to him.

His gaze was fixed somewhere in the distance, as you looked at him.

You poked your tongue into your cheek.

"I'm gonna have a quick training session in my gym now," you were skeptical at the offer, but thought that he was clearly one to train often, and probably knew what he was doing. "If you want to join."

His eyes widened.

"You have a gym in there?"

"I do. It's well equipped, too."

He looked up the side of the building, lost in thought. His eyes moved slowly.

"Only if you're still not ready to go home."

When he looked back down at you, his gaze had changed to confused and questioning.

"You're going to workout after just finishing your shift?" he asked attentively. "Is someone forcing you to do that?"

You were visibly shocked by that question.

"What? No. Why?"

Todoroki looked away again, down to the floor. "That's just...an exhausting regime."

"Yeah, maybe, but I'm used to it."

"Well, that's certainly impressive. But, unfortunately I have quite a busy day tomorrow, so I better get going." he almost seemed embarrassed in his reply. "But I appreciate your offer. Maybe we can organise it for another time."

"Yeah." you replied sheepishly, "Well, thanks for walking me. Be safe, yeah?"

"Thank you. I'll see you Monday."

You nod, turning on your heel, and heading towards your front door.

The whole situation was a little weird, but you tried not to think into it.

You had a leg-press calling your name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820K 24.5K 148
[BEING REWRITTEN] You and your twin brother, Katsuki Bakugou, have been close your whole life. Even through you two were close, you've always been ho...
1.6M 46.1K 80
Y/N L/N, an insanely talented 15 year old girl with an incredible quirk. Accepted into UA High School, the best hero school in all of Japan with the...
750K 22.1K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
97.1K 3.5K 35
It's summer vacation, and the staff at UA has invited classes 3-A and 3-B to spend it together on a ten day cruise! After a very intense semester, Sh...