Blurred Lines | shouto.

By madwoozy

"Suddenly, all those love songs make sense." ☩ ☩ ☩ Yuna was not the type of girl to be envied. Nothing she h... More

[01]: Pilot
[02]: Unapproachable
[03]: Match
[04]: Dead Meat
[05]: New Girl
[06]: Broken
Character Summary
[08]: Pork Buns
[09]: Request
[10]: Improvement
[11]: Calvary
[12]: Pulling Punches
[13]: Burning
[14]: Limits
[15]: Blaze
[16]: Reject It
[17]: Firey
[18]: Hosu City
[19]: Improvise
[20]: Fear
[21]: Shouto
[22]: The Past
[23]: Feel Good
[24]: Catch
[25]: Bussin
[26]: Teamwork
[27]: Questions
[28]: Progress
[29]: Scars
[30]: Night-Terror
[31]: Refrain
[32]: Target
[33]: Fool
[34]: Trapped
[35]: Hostage
[36]: Strength
[37]: Be There
[38]: Outbreak
[39]: Frenzy
[40]: Alive
[41]: Just A Scratch
[42]: Approval
[43]: Study
[44]: Slip
[45]: Teasing
[46]: Hickey
[47]: Concerns
[48]: They're After You
[49]: Moving
[50]: Company
[51]: Ultimate Moves
[52]: Support
[53]: Happy Shoppers
[54]: No
[55]: Escapee
[56]: Sink or Swim
[57]: Delinquency
SC: Vigilante Arc
[58]: Find Her
[59]: Not A Liability
[60]: Favourite Hero
[61]: Making Moves
[62]: Found You
[63]: Fighter
[64]: Mourn
[65]: Serendipity
[66]: Home

[07]: Brisk Air

361 10 10
By madwoozy

You watched with a contented blank stare out the window, as the sun slowly started to rise and wake up the city, with all its inhabitants.

You were home, enjoying the sunrise, and sipping your hot coffee slowly.

You wore a tight black singlet, showcasing in the beautiful morning light your chiseled back and strong arm muscles.

You had a good pump from your pre-dawn upper-body workout.

It wasn't as good as it could have been, because of the plaster cast on your left wrist, being a slight disadvantage on the equipment.

But you still felt good. Energised.

After happily finishing the last of your second coffee, you decided to go take a long shower.

It was a good thing Mae hadn't come home from her date last night—for many reasons.

The primary one being that she wouldn't be disturbed by your obnoxiously loud music blasting through the halls as you try to scold your skin off in the shower.

After thirty minutes, you stepped out and your skin was pink from the hot water.

For some reason, hot water always made your skin pink, although your body could easily withstand temperatures high enough to slaughter whole towns.

Hot water warmed your skin when even fire sometimes couldn't.

Weird.

The classic Korean band 'The Rose' blasted on your large bluetooth speaker, filling the halls of the home with a gentle, melodic tune.

It was a beautiful start to your morning.

You loved trying to harmonise with the main singer's voice. He was so lovely to listen to.

Humming happily, you start to ready yourself for the day, and picked an outfit.

It was finally Saturday, marking the first completed week at your new school.

So far, you could easily tell how the school U-A was able to breed such influential heroes—as the training tactics were well thought-out. The teachers were over-qualified, if anything.

Even the lazy, messy teachers like your homeroom teacher, Aizawa, left you completely blown away by his pure skill and amazing resolve, once you saw him in action.

You wondered briefly about how he was doing in the hospital.

It was definitely that experience at the USJ that had opened your eyes to what it meant to be a true hero.

That was your first time experiencing power of that much force, in person. And, to see first-hand the breathtaking conviction of All-Might, and Eraserhead, it was nothing short of eye-opening.

You felt more excited about the hero course.

But for now, as you pulled up your black baggy jeans, you were more grateful for it to be the weekend.

You planned to head to the plaza mall in the city, and buy yourself a treat and some new books for class which you hadn't thought about until it was too late.

You didn't know exactly what you were going to do all day, but you would go along with whatever came at you.

You did have a shift at your part-time hospitality job at five-PM. But that was a long ways away.

Over your sports bra, you pulled a plain white singlet, and over that you pushed your arms into a baggy dark-brown zipper-hoodie.

You put on your classic black DC shoes, and a sling-backpack.

Everything you needed was inside the backpack including things like your work apron, laptop, and bus card.

Enthusiastically, you headed out the front door and locked it behind you.

——————

It was starting to get colder in Japan.

So, it was a good thing your quirk was what it was. You kept yourself warm easily.

You were happy, and toasty and warm in your chair, despite having being inactive and slowly drinking an iced pink boba tea.

You sat outside the bubble tea restaurant, minding your business and researching on your laptop what the most explosive, and most accessible powdered substance was, trying to find where you could attain it.

You had been looking into another support item, to help your accuracy at longer distances.

After an hour or two, you had started to feel slight cramping in your eyes, since you had forgotten to bring your glasses.

So, you put the laptop screen down, and leant back into your chair.

The streets were pretty busy, for a regular weekend.

—————

TWO HOURS EARLIER

You walked slowly. You were in no rush.

You had heard about a new cafe and were interested in trying the products out, as your previous favourite boba-stop had been shut down.

The only downside to the spot, was that it was right beside a large hospital.

That meant that there would probably be constant loud noises of ambulances coming and going. But not only that—the general feeling of any hospitals is quite bitter. It reminded you of blood and death and pain, you didn't like it.

Though, you were willing to try anyway.

There was a gentle cool breeze, picking up your hair as you walked. Your hands were tucked safely in your pockets.

Your eyes were bored, but you felt calm.

Suddenly, a microphone being shoved in your face rips you out of your serenity, stunning you.

You briskly looked to the culprits—three people. One with a camera, one a mic, and a woman as the apparent interviewer.

"Hey! You're a student at U-A, right?!" her smile is wide and keen, quick to diminish your privacy. "You were at the USJ attack, with the hero course!"

Her invasiveness was almost paralysing.

Lamely, you glared at the woman, then at the camera, then back to the woman.

"What happened at the USJ villain attack? We're there any injured students? Can you give us some insight?"

Her eyes darted down to your arm where the white cast poked out of your sleeve.

She gasped. "We're you injured?"

You stared flatly, offering her nothing.

"Get lost."

You turned on your heel walking away from the small group.

"W-Wait! Just answer a few of our questions!"

Unbothered, you placed your earphones back in and continued walking away. You tried to make up for lost amity.

God. What assholes.

——————

Looking around the streets was something you genuinely enjoyed.

Although there was not much you liked about the general masses, or lots of people being in one place at once, it was still interesting to observe how people lived their lives, from a distance.

Suddenly, your eyes catch a glimpse of a certain someone you quickly recognised.

That's the boy from my class, Todoroki Shouto.

You wondered for a brief moment what he could be up to around this part of town, but the thought was quick to pass.

You turned back around, opening your computer up again and shortly going back to your work.

—————

That's enough for today. I should head to work.

You stood up, stretching out your aching spine and gathering up your supplies from the table.

You were happy you hadn't been disturbed during your time at the cafe. It was a nice, relaxing few hours alone.

Even the hospital didn't seem to have a damper on your mood, to your delight.

You really enjoyed the cooler temperatures, too.

Cold wind and air blowing against you, was a pleasant alternative to your normally very hot lifestyle.

Just as you were tucking your laptop into your sling, you received a gentle tap on your shoulder.

You turned to the person, immediately thrown off by the fact that you hadn't noticed them approaching you sooner.

Oh, it's the boy.

You tilted your head, making eye-contact. You took out your earphones.

"Hello." said Todoroki.

Confused, and stiff, you thinned your eyes at him.

"Hey?"

He took a deep breath, briefly glancing around the area. Then, he tucked his hands into his pockets.

"I...saw you sitting here earlier, and I wanted to come and apologise for what happened to your wrist." he was so soft-spoken. "And for the gash on your cheek, too. I went overboard."

His general demeanour reminded you a lot of your own.

"Don't worry about it." you assured briefly. "Sorry for beating your ass in the battle trials."

He flinched at your words.

He probably wasn't very used to hearing that.

You wondered if he would walk away after he made his abrupt apology, considering the fact that his conscience should be cleared.

But he stood still beside you, patiently, as you slipped your laptop into it's protective case.

"Can I ask..." he paused, glancing down. "Why you didn't go to Recovery Girl to heal it, after the incident at the USJ."

"Uh." you trailed off in thought, trying to recall the answer to his question. Subconsciously, you held onto your wrist. "I did. I think she was busy, or something."

He stood still in silence for a moment, clearly thinking hard.

"She'll be at school on Monday, if you want to get it fixed then."

You weren't sure why he was insisting on telling you how to deal with your own broken wrist, but you could only assume it was because he felt bad.

"Yeah, maybe."

You finished packing up, and swung your pack over your shoulder, for it to sit neatly across your back.

It was then that you realised that you and the boy had almost perfectly matching outfits.

Pretty much the only difference was the colour of your jackets. But you even seemed to have the same bag.

You weren't sure if he had noticed yet, but you weren't going to bring it up.

His silence was throwing you off.

You finally grabbed your phone from the table and slid it into your pocket.

Todoroki didn't seem like his concerns had been mended, his expression was still troubled.

"Yeah, like I said: don't worry about it." you mentioned again.

You couldn't really pinpoint nor calculate what was going on in his head, his expression was too broad.

"Okay. Thank you. And, I suppose..." Todoroki made yet another awkward pause. "-I should say 'good job' after the USJ. You fought well."

Why is he trying to extend this already awkward conversation?

What could he possibly gain from talking to you?

"Thanks, I guess." you muttered bluntly. "It was just a shit situation. The teachers are lucky some of us were able to hold our own."

"You're right." he responded quickly. "Anyway, I better be going, now."

"Okay," you almost laughed at how odd the exchange was. "See you Monday."

He nod his head and took his leave in the same direction that you were supposed to be heading. So, in respect for that, you stayed put for a few minutes to give him a head start.

Then, you walked off.

You probably had time to grab some food before your shift started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 10.6K 165
After a rough past, (Y/N) never believed she would be able to open her heart for anyone but her baby brother. That all changes when she arrives at UA...
40.9K 884 18
❝ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴜꜱᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴋɪᴅ!❞ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ...❞ You are 𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...
168K 5.2K 35
||"ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴀs ʙɪᴛᴄʜʏ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ." "ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ?!"|| ༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶ in which a girl, alongside her friends...
385K 7.7K 63
(WILL BE UNDER EDITING) It seems you've fallen into the pit of Boku No Hero Academia. Who can we blame? Such powerful, cute, yet hot characters that...