Captive

By Artemisia738

She got alerted hearing the same footsteps approaching her. Crawling backwards she shook her head vigorously... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1- Abducted
Chapter 2-Ruined
Chapter 3- Why?
Chapter 4- Handwriting
Chapter 5- Escape
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter- 8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39

Chapter-15

2.8K 185 23
By Artemisia738

" Isn't Darwish a decent man? I told you that he is a good person," Runa asked Rubab checking the quality of the tomatoes if they were fresh or not.

Rubab looked at her mother who was looking happy than ever. Why won't she? After all, her son returned home safely. For this reason, she was pretty impressed by Darwish. Well, Rubab and her mother were in a nearby market for some groceries. She was walking beside her mother with a large bag containing vegetables.

Rubab answered," He seems like a decent man."

She sounded confused. Till now Darwish seemed like a decent person to her but considering her experience with Walid she was hesitating to trust Darwish. Moreover, Darwish's attitude always seems fishy to her.

It was been a week since he visited her house. Since that day, he started talking to Rubab regularly though they hardly met in person. Darwish would call her now & then and asks about her well-being.

" It's very early to say if he is a good person or not. I haven't forgotten about Walid yet," Rubab lowered her head. Her eyes dimmed down while talking about Walid.

Runa tilted her head at Rubab," Stop thinking about Walid. He got what he deserved. He is now rotting in jail."

" You should just focus on your future, Rubi," Runa squeezed Rubab's hands who just nodded her head slightly.

Their conversation was interrupted by a lady's voice," Oh, hey Runa. How are you doing?"

Runa's facial expression turned sour noticing two of her neighbours approaching her. No matter how hard she tries to ignore these people they keep coming back to bother her. She hates how they always bring up Rubab's abduction incident whenever they meet her.

" I am good," Runa answered plainly.

She was less interested in her neighbours well being. Looking at their menacing smiles and facial expressions she knew that they were going to start gossiping about Rubab. She just grabbed Rubab's hand and forwarded her legs to leave.

" I heard that you found a suitable guy for Rubab?" One of the neighbours questioned staring at Rubab from head to toe.

Runa just nodded her head. She looked at Rubab who was looking nervous at their approach. Runa could feel Rubab's anxiety just looking at her eyes.

" He is Darwish Ibne Yazdani, right?" Another one questioned sounding curious.

Runa forced an awkward smile," Laila and Naseema. I will meet you later. I have something important to deal with. See ya."

Runa forwarded her legs while Rubab followed her mother. Both of them had uneasiness written on their faces. Runa squeezed Rubab's hands and gave her an assuring look.

" I wonder how did he agree to marry a girl like her."

" I wonder the same. Most probably they hid what happened to Rubab."

Runa and Rubab heard gossip behind them. They did not want to slow down but automatically they slowed down their walks.

" I never thought someone will ever marry a girl like her."

Runa turned behind and marched at those two fat bitches who were gossiping about her daughter. She wonders what kind of pleasure they get by hurting someone else's feelings.

" What kind of girl is my daughter, huh? What do you mean?" Runa shouted grabbing one of their hair.

The lady let out a painful gasp. Another one started throwing foul words at Runa and Rubab. Just in the blink of an eye people gathered around them.

Rubab tried to free her mother's hands," Mamma, leave her. People are staring at us."

" No. What does this bitch think of herself? What if someone abducted her daughter? Would she talk nonsense about her daughter too?" Runa yelled with frustration.

Everyone was laughing at the drama as most people do every time. There was a special audience among these people. He was quite enjoying how those women were throwing degrading words at Rubab and her mother. Folding his arms he was standing behind a few men. An evil grin formed at the corner of his lips.

" I hope you are now feeling what she felt," Darwish's mind spoke returning into a flashback.

A middle-aged woman was walking on the street holding a wounded young man. Her shabby abaya was reflecting the situation of her pocket while her eyes were reflecting agony and anger. A few painful gasps left her mouth glancing at the guy's torn t-shirt.

" kam maratan qult lak la tatahadath mae tilk alfataat , hah? (How many times I told you to not talk to that girl, huh?)," the woman slapped his right arm which was pretty damaged as if someone had beaten him brutally.

The guy mumbled," kayf 'ansaha ya 'umi? kayf yumkinuni 'an 'ansaa Rubab? (How can I forget her, mom? How can I forget my Rose?)"

" laqad jana jununuh bialhubu! tilk alfatat khadaeatika. limadha la tamdi qadama? anzur , ma faealah waliduha bika! (You have gone mad by love! That girl cheated on you. Why don't you just move on?  Look, what her father had done to you!)" the woman gestured at his wounded figure.

In response, he just shook his head mumbling some inaudible words. He was in denial that his Rose can cheat on him! He was in denial that his Rose only used him for her own interest.

They reached in front of a one-storied shabby building. Half of its paints were gone. The bricks were looking like anytime they will collapse. The building looked like it had been standing since ancient times.

" From this onwards, you are not going to take that girl's name in front of me. If you do so then I swear you will see my dead body," The woman threatened the man who was still in his Rose's thought.

Before they could enter their house a few women surrounded them from nowhere. They became bewildered by the sudden invasion.

" You and your eve teaser son can't live in this locality anymore," A harsh female voice reached the woman's ears.

She raised her eyebrow," You won't decide where I should live. That's none of your business, Runa."

" And, another thing. My son isn't an Eve teaser. Your daughter is a gold digger bitch," She added glaring at Runa who was fuming in rage.

Runa yelled at the woman," Your son is an eve teaser. Tomorrow he will become a rapist. We do not need such filth in our locality. Get lost before we throw you outside our community."

" Yes, just leave," Everyone shouted at once scaring the woman and her son.

A long sigh left Darwish's mouth when he returned from his imagination. Brushing his hair backwards using his hand he took a breath and looked frontwards. He let out a smile of mockery noticing how Rubab and Runa were crying.

" Let's be a hero," He laughed at his own thought and approached Runa.

His harsh loud voice echoed through the whole place," What the hell is happening, huh? Don't you guys have anything better to do?"

Everyone was startled by his sudden voice. Rubab's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets at Darwish's sudden presence. She wasn't expecting him at all.

" Get lost before I call the police," Darwish threatened those women taking Runa under his protection. Runa looked at Darwish with affectionate hopeful eyes.

One of the women sniggered," Who are you?"

" I am her fiancee. You better shut your mouth otherwise......." Darwish couldn't complete his sentence the woman vanished with her companion.

The crowd lost interest so everyone returned to their respective work. Rubab heard people gossiping which wasn't that pleasant for her.

" What are you doing here? How do you know that we are here?" Rubab asked Darwish. She sounded suspicious.

He answered handing a handkerchief to Runa," I went to your home. Your father told me where you have gone."

" Don't think that I stalk you. I have more important things to do in my life," Darwish chuckled.

Rubab did not miss the sarcasm in his voice. She masked up her embarrassed expression.

" Son, I am so grateful to you. You have been with us in our most crucial situation. I can't describe in words how much I adore you," Runa started sniffling.

Rubab's suspicious eyes softened a bit. She did not know what she felt when he stood beside her and her mother a few moments ago. Unknowingly, she felt a sudden change of emotions in her for Darwish. Maybe he wasn't a bad person. She was just overthinking.

" Don't worry. You will be more grateful to me in near future, Mrs Mirza," Darwish's mind insinuated.

He voiced out letting out an angelic smile," Don't embarrass me. I did whatever I felt right."

" Rubab, would you like to have lunch with me?" Darwish tilted his head at Rubab.

She blinked her eyes," Now?"

" Yes, it's lunchtime already," Darwish gestured at his wristwatch.

Rubab looked down at her clothes. She was wearing a simple salwar suit. She was uncomfortable going on a date with such normal clothing.

" You are looking pretty. Trust me," Darwish assured Rubab winking at her.

Her fluffy cheeks heated up and a pink taint coated her whole face. She looked downwards shyly because of his wink. If she knew who was he she might not have blushed like that.

" May I take her?" Darwish asked for Runa's permission.

Runa laughed," Yes. Sure. Why not?"

Saying Goodbye to Runa they started walking forward. Rubab was walking beside Darwish keeping her eyes on him. Darwish's facial expression was stoic. There was no emotion on his face while her eyes were reflecting different kinds of emotions.

He was handsome. She won't gonna lie. She was mesmerized by his masculine elegance. More precisely, she was impressed by how he stood for her and her mother.

" I know you are crushing on me. You couldn't help yourself after seeing a rich handsome man. That's your nature, Ms Rubab. I know what kind of slut you are," Darwish thought. He knew that Rubab was staring at him.

His evil mind spoke again," Just wait and watch. I am going to destroy you slowly and painfully."

She was hoping for a bright future while he vowed to destroy her not knowing his own future.

Vote, comment and follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.8K 6.5K 98
••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always find myself getting mesmerized by him. And today is no different. As I come into th...
1.2M 69.5K 54
•completed• When I was six, Baba had got me my first doll. I vividly remember her, my best friend. I had named her Sameera, she had huge eyes and wor...
88.6K 1.8K 49
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...
87.9K 4.5K 46
"From today onwards, I will take every decision of your life. What you will eat, where will you go, when will you speak, what you will wear it will b...