Hot & Heavy (Eren x Reader)

By storybyzel

Eren was your everything. Your first kiss, your first love, your first time. Being childhood friends, you sti... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - At The End of the Day
Chapter 2 - Daydreamer
Chapter 3 - I Knew This Would Be Love
Chapter 4 - Dream a Little Dream of Me
Chapter 5 - You Seemed So Happy
Chapter 6 - What If I Love You
Chapter 7 - Soft
Chapter 8 - Linger
Chapter 9 - To The Mountains
Chapter 10 - Sparks
Chapter 11 - Trouble
Chapter 12 - Wild Side
Chapter 13 - Human
Chapter 14 - Bloom
Chapter 15 - Nothing/Sad N Stuff
Chapter 16 - Talk To You
Chapter 17 - Leaning on You
Chapter 18 - Secret Heart
Chapter 19 - On The Train Ride Home
Chapter 20 - Pink in the Night
Chapter 21 - Fall in Love Alone
Chapter 22 - Best Friend [M]
Chapter 23 - Ode To A Conversation Stuck in Your Throat [M]
Chapter 24 - Green Eyes
Chapter 25 - Sand In Your Shoes
Chapter 27 - Twilight of Youth
Chapter 28 - ...What Are We?
Chapter 29 - Weights & Measures
Chapter 30 - Ceilings
Chapter 31 - Satellite
Chapter 32 - Used To Be
Chapter 33 - bad idea! [M]
Chapter 34 - Absolutely Zero
Chapter 35 - Supercut
Chapter 36 - Absolutely Smitten
Chapter 37 - all my ghosts
Chapter 38 - Oh Love
Chapter 39 - Repeat Until Death
Chapter 40 - Mother
Chapter 41 - Hot & Heavy
Chapter 42 - Another One
Chapter 43 - Still Feel It All
Chapter 44 - delay
Chapter 45 - Crying on the Dancefloor
Chapter 46 - complex
Chapter 47 - too long
Chapter 48 - august
Chapter 49 - Dialling Drunk
Chapter 50 - Memory of You
Chapter 51 - Glimpse of Us

Chapter 26 - For The Summertime [M]

574 14 45
By storybyzel

Featured Lyrics:

Won't be long until the sun goes down
Won't be long until the leaves turn brown
Won't be long until I'm in the ground

Had a dream that I was halfway gone
Sang for you but you don't want my song
Hurry up 'cause I'm not here for long

High in the trees by the house on the hill
Where the moon through the leaves
Falls like rain on the sill of my window
Pain is a cold autumn day

Won't be long until the sun goes down
Won't be long until I'm lost or found
Take a picture while I'm still around
So love me for the summertime

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

[M - Mature Chapter!]

July brought thunderstorms and mosquitoes, sweaty bodies and tanned skin. It also brought short shorts and tank tops, even shorter tempers and even longer talks. You spent nearly every day with Eren, drinking up as much of the summertime together as possible. He would usually be busy during the weekdays, working long hours at his part-time-turned-full-time job. As Carla's health declined, the bills increased. As the bills increased, the number of shifts Eren worked increased. As the number of shifts Eren worked increased, the days you had left together were just as quick to decline.

You were thankful that Sasha invited you and your friends to her family's large farmhouse in the valleys of Dauper for her eighteenth birthday. It was a perfect opportunity to spend some more time with your friends before you had to start packing next month. In the back of your mind, you worried about the hesitation in Eren's voice when he was asked to take some time off from work.

There was a small part of you that felt guilty when you told him, "We only have a month left to spend time together before I move." Thankfully bemused expression on his face told you that he was fully convinced.

Eren helped you load up the back of your car with your suitcases and supplies. Sasha told you that there were going to be more than enough beds at your family's home for everyone to sleep so you didn't have to worry about packing too much bedding as you would for your winter camping excursions.

With the slam of the truck, Eren huffed and brushed back his long hair. It was growing so quickly that you started to enjoy the tangled mess that greeted you in the morning. You were happy that you no longer had to hide the enamoured smiles towards him. He returned the smile and you could see that his eye bags were getting heavier. You understood how important working was for him, but hopefully, he could use this much-needed vacation to rest up.

"Thanks for driving, love," he said, passing you the keys. "My truck is dead in the driveway right now. Can't really afford to fix it."

"Of course," you said with a teasing laugh. "I wouldn't want to drive up to the mountains in that thing anyways. Remember what happened last time?"

Eren grimaced at the memory. You only saw the aftermath of his decision to follow you to Dauper during a snowstorm. It was hard to imagine how scary spinning out on the side of a mountain in a shitty pickup truck would be. "Yeah...you've got a good point there."

Before you made final preparations to begin the drive, your mother and Carla stood at the doorway of your home. Your mother first hugged you goodbye and said, "I'm so glad you're not going alone anymore." Her words touched you, appreciating the fact that she could see your growth over the last few months. She turned to Eren, giving him a familiar hug and said, "Don't you worry about your mother. I'll take good care of her. You take care of my daughter."

Eren grinned down at you and reassured her of his lifelong promise. "Of course, I always do." He bent down and gave Carla a hug who was sitting on her walker, taking in the early summer sunrise. She seemed almost translucent, her pale skin was like a map of her blue veins. "Love you, ma."

She caressed the side of his jaw and gave him a light tap. "You're only going to be gone for the weekend. Wipe that worried look off your face, I'll be fine." She glanced at you and gave you a wink. "You take care of my daughter-in-law." You could see Eren stiffen before stepping back and Carla only laughed in response. You knew Carla was as good as family, but you never stopped to consider the possibility of a bond through marriage. You could feel your cheeks heat up as you reached down to hug Carla, careful not to squeeze too hard. If anything, she was the one that was holding on tighter. She only whispered, "Thank you, sweetie." before pulling away, leaving you slightly confused by her need to thank you.

As you piled in the car, your mothers both waved from the porch. As you waved back, Eren said, "Sorry about what my mom said. I hope it didn't make you uncomfortable."

You looked over at him and he had an awkward look on his face, you had to resist reaching over and pinching him in the cheeks. "Of course not. Your mom is always talking like that."

Eren's eyes widened. "Really? She says stuff like that to you too?" He threw his head backwards on the headrest and puffed his cheeks, raising his eyebrows. "Maybe it's her fault I love you so much."

You smirked, finally reaching over to thump a closed fist on his solid chest. "Yeah, she definitely indoctrinated me into your family." You kept your eyes forward on the road and smiled to yourself as you turned the radio on. "I guess I'm never going to leave now."

You felt Eren take your hand and lace your fingers together, feeling his thumb and pointer finger massage your knuckles. He lifted your hand close to his face and you felt him place small pecks on different spots before resting it in his lap. You could barely hear him over the music as he muttered, the joking tone was gone, "I really wish that were true."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You shook Eren's shoulder awake at the sight of the large mountains encroaching your view. It was only going to be a few more minutes before arriving at Sasha's home. Driving your car deeper into the valley and slowly surrounding yourself with the jagged landscapes was always your favourite part. Although you missed the snow-capped peaks and dusty white trees, seeing nature come alive in the summer was just as impressive.

"Wake up! You're going to miss the view!" you said, shaking him again.

Eren snorted himself to consciousness. "Hng...wh-ut...?" You didn't mind that he spent most of the drive sleeping, just the sounds of him resting were enough to keep you going. "We're here already?"

You laughed, drinking in the sights and rolling down your windows to breathe in the fresh mountain air.

"That drive seems a lot slower in the winter," he commented, stretching his arms high into the roof of your car and his legs straight in front of him.

"Well it's less dangerous to drive in the summer than it is to drive recklessly through a snowstorm," you replied, turning off the main highway down a gravel path.

"You're never going to let me forget that, are you?"

"Nope," you replied, popping the "p" between your lips.

"You have to admit, that was one of the best Christmas Days ever," Eren turned to you, a devilish grin sneaking on the corner of his lips.

You silently thought about the emotional rollercoaster you experienced that winter break. From seeing the guy you liked at the time kissing another girl, to being indirectly rejected by the guy you always loved the most. Those memories were shrouded in sparks, in the feeling of relief from heartbreak, and in a tinge of regret for not just kissing him that day.

"I'm not so sure. You kinda shut me out that day," Eren cringed, retreating to look out the window. You continued half-joking to try and get a reaction out of him. "Now that I think about it, you kinda ruined my favourite place."

"Well we better make sure we make some new memories before summer is over," he shrugged, placing a comfortable hand on your leg. His fingers were curved towards your inner thigh, his thumb drawing circles against your flesh The fraying denim shorts you wore gave his fingers direct contact with your sensitive skin. You didn't hide the fact that his touch made you involuntarily unfurl. "I should return the favour. Even though I loved seeing the ocean and the beach, I always left it feeling sad. Because of you, there's no other place I love as much."

You gripped the steering wheel so tight that your knuckles squeaked against the rubber. His sweet words and mischievous fingers made you into a whimpering fool. "Eren, stop it, I'm driving."

"Why? I want to keep teasing you."

You jerked away, nearly losing control of the vehicle as it drifted on the gravel road. "Stop it, you idiot, I'm serious."Eren raised his eyebrows and sat back straight in his chair. "Seriously, how reckless can you be while driving? Don't make me kill us five minutes away from Sasha's."

"Alright, alright, I wasn't really going to do anything." Eren looked out the window, not saying anything else for the short remainder of the drive. You weren't blind to his sudden downtrodden expression and the way he pouted and crossed his arms. It made him look like a child. Thankfully you knew that he would bounce back in only a matter of minutes.

You chuckled, shaking your head at him as you pulled into what you assumed was Sasha's home, thanks to the balloons that were tied to the mailbox. You pulled into the long gravel driveway and parked your car on the grass next to the other handful of vehicles. As soon as you stepped out of your car, you heard the loud voice of Sasha off the front porch.

"Y/N! Eren! You're here!" She ran up to you both with arms stretched to the sky. Her excitement brought along several dogs that jumped by her side. When they noticed the two new visitors, you were suddenly bombarded with sniffs and licks as a greeting.

You finally managed to step around the dogs and wrap the host in your arms. "Thanks for inviting us, Sasha! Happy birthday!"

"I'm so glad that you could both make it out," she looked past you to see Eren holding the handles of both your bags. Before he could react, she left your hug and playfully punched him in the arm. "Especially you, I feel like I never see you around anymore!"

Eren gave a contrite smile and tried to laugh, "Happy birthday, Sash. The farm is beautiful." You could see your friend narrow her eyes at the change of subject, but she decided to push past it.

You looked out into the vast field that was nestled in the mountain valley. Long fields of produce and stables full of livestock filled your vision. The farm had been in the Blouse family for generations. You could see it in the way the rope swing was beginning to fray, the paint that was chipping over the barn, and the dirt pathways that had been ingrained in the earth. Sasha looked proud as she led you to the large home that boasted beautiful large windows and a well-loved wrap-around porch.

"I'll show you guys to your room," she said, leading you down the creaky hallway. "Then once you're settled in come out the back porch to where everyone is!" The decorations inside fit the mould of exactly how you imagined a kitschy, decades-old farmhouse would look. Small statues of farm animals, walls covered with family photos, and floral textiles flooded your eyes as you walked through the building. When Sasha showed you to the room, the smell of mothballs and air freshener flooded your nose. "Make yourselves at home!" With a turn of her heel, you watched as she left you and Eren alone to join where you presumed the rest of the guests to be.

"This is pretty cute," Eren said, tossing the bags onto the bed. Behind the headboard was a large window that looked directly out to where the llamas and goats grazed. You could hear their bleats from inside. Eren's eyes continued above the window where he was greeted by a large taxidermied deer head trophy. "Um...even..." His eyes squinted to read the small golden plaque underneath it. "...even Big Buck is kinda cute."

You weren't sure how you felt about Big Buck looming over your head at night. You were finding yourself lost in its dark, beady eyes. You had seen taxidermied animals in various museums around Dauper, but it was your first time seeing one so close and so intimately. You felt a shudder go through your spine. You looked over at Eren who seemed to be getting just as lost in Buck Buck's eyes. Trying to save him from the trance, you pulled on his arm. "We...we should go meet the others."

"Um...yeah...sure..."

As you pulled him out of the bedroom, Eren kept his eyes trained on the trophy. You had to resist looking back. You wondered if you should have brought a sleeping mask.

Before you slid the back porch door open, Eren paused and asked, "That...was kinda weird right? Like Big Buck was watching us?"

You nearly choked on your spit, guffawing into your elbow. "Pfft! You felt that too right?" You looked at him with mischievous eyes. "Something tells me we'll have to be on our best behaviour tonight."

Eren's neck began to turn red at your words. His breath hitched as his eyes widened at you. Although your time during the days was somewhat limited, the nights you and Eren spent together were busy with kisses and touches, rubbing and moaning. You had gotten pretty good at hiding the evidence of how much you fooled around by keeping the door shut to the basement or by waiting for your mother to spend the night at her boyfriend's house. Those sleepless nights became habits, something that you yearned for on the nights you spent alone. You couldn't believe how much of a trigger Eren's kisses had become. Although there were nights when your legs would involuntarily spread for him, nothing ever moved past the wet feeling of each other against hot fingers and heavy palms. If you counted it on the calendar, it had been a week since you laid in bed together. His absence only made your heart and body fonder and judging by his reaction to your words, he was just as frustrated.

Eren smirked and wrapped his arm around your waist, teasing the waistband of your denim shorts with his long fingers. He curled a finger around a belt loop and pulled the side of your hips flush against his. With a hot breath, he whispered, "We're currently at 9 to 7 for who can make the other cum first. I think I can make it 10 to 7...right now...while everyone is busy." His words streamed down your exposed chest thanks to the tank top you wore. "Then you get to grant me my wish."

You couldn't deny that Eren's words stirred something deep in the pit of your stomach. Maybe it was the hot sun or the humid air that made your shorts feel so constraining. Maybe it was the reason why you felt your temper was so short, why it felt like he took so long to speak.

You were still out of view of the sliding glass door. From your angle, you could tell that no one outside had seen you yet. Faint laughter and conversation trickled in, indicating how thin the walls were. "Do you think Big Buck can keep a secret?" you asked as you turned around to square your hips with his.

Eren couldn't hide his smile as you wrapped your arms around his neck to pull him in for a kiss. He breathed heavily through his nose, as he walked backwards down the hall and into the bedroom. You could feel yourself pushing against him with your lips still attached, trying to hasten the travel time from standing in the kitchen to laying on the mattress. When you were both fully in the room, Eren used his strong body to cage you against the door to close it. He was attacking your lips with such fervour that you could feel yourself lifting your legs to expose your outer thighs to his large hands.

You felt Eren's hands on your shoulders as he spun you around so that your ass pressed against the front of his hips. He was slowly guiding you backwards until he was sitting on the edge of the bed. You feel him unbutton your shorts and they easily slid down your thighs, exposing your panties to him. With his hands still around you, he pulled you down to sit on top of him. Gripping his hand underneath your kneecaps, he rested them above his legs to keep you propped open. You felt yourself squirming above him, but your compromising position left nothing to the imagination.

"Stay still, love, I want to make you feel good," he whispers, edging his fingers at the top of your waistband. "Is that alright?"

You had to admit that at this rate, you were losing the silly little bet between the two of you. A part of you wondered what wish he wanted to grant. You knew that whatever it was, you wanted to fulfill it just for him. Your lives were filled with these silly little bets. Who can run across the field the fastest? Who will throw up in a bush after a party the most? Who can make the other cum more? There were bets that you won easily, but this one was not one of them.

You had never been this exposed to Eren during the daytime and the bright sun gave Eren permission to see every bit of skin. It made you feel vulnerable, it made you feel excited, it made you nod as you pressed your back into his strong chest to lay the back of your head on the front of his shoulder. "Yes, please Eren, make me feel good."

The thin fabric that hid your cunt wasn't much of a barrier as Eren pressed two fingers against it. He had no trouble finding your sensitive bud, feeling the dampness already soaking through. As he palmed you below with one hand, his free hand snaked up your tank top to play with the sensitive skin on your breasts. You tried to keep your lips sealed as throaty groans escaped, breathing became heavier, and the feeling of Eren's fingers slipping underneath your panties took over your body.

"I know you like it here, love," Eren groans as he draws those small circles around your clit, using the lubrication of your slick to create a slippery mess.

"Mmm, holy shit, Eren, I love it."

You kept your eyes closed as you moved your hips to assist his hands. You loved the way he treated you so softly, so carefully, but you were growing restless and aching for more. Almost as if he was reading your mind, Eren kissed your shoulders with moistened lips. He continued to trail up your neck until his teeth were nibbling at your ears. The feeling tickled you but somehow sent an electric wave to your cunt. With his mouth still by your ear, you could feel his warm puffs of air that left the rest of your body feeling cold.

"Can we try something?" he asked, still moving his hands beneath your clothes.

Your mind was in a haze that was flooded only by the abstract colours Eren was making you see. You had no idea what idea he wanted to try, but it made you nod nonetheless, trusting him completely.

"Sit against the headboard for me." Eren lowered his knees so that you could take shaky steps toward the top of the bed. You leaned your back against the creaky headboard and watched as Eren pulled your panties off, throwing them to the ground. There was a long wet line that stretched as he pulled, showing off just how wet you were. Eren crawled onto the bed, keeping his gaze on you, trying to drink up every inch of your body with his eyes. "My love, my beautiful love." He looped his arms around the underside of your legs, propping them open for him to get a full view of you. You had your knees slung over his shoulders, giving him full access to worship your body. Eren positioned his head between the warmth of your legs and you squirmed at his breath lacing with your slick. "Thank you for letting me do this."

You almost questioned Eren's words until you felt his lips meet the pulsating pressure of your pussy. It was an unfamiliar feeling that felt different than his fingers. When Eren's hands touched you, it felt like he was mapping your body. When Eren's mouth lapped you, it felt like he was completely devouring you.

For just a moment, you forgot all about the party happening on the back porch of Sasha's home, you forgot all about the bleating goats and llamas just outside the window, and you even forgot about Big Buck's beady black eyes staring down at you from above the headboard. You let out a strangled cry as your eyes rolled back and your hips moved against his mouth. You nearly cried in laughter; it should be you thanking him.

"Oh fuck, Eren, it feels so good," you croak out, only barely managing to peel your eyes open. You look down at where he was working between your legs with eyes wide open. The sound of your praise only encouraged him to lick with avidity, to use his lips and his tongue as if he was attacking your mouth instead. You reached your hands down to feel his silky black hair between your fingertips, not even realizing that you were pushing his face deeper into you.

As you tugged on his hair, you could feel him moaning deeply, sending deep vibrations up and through your core. You could hear his slurping, feel his suction, and smell the sweat of desperation coating your skin. Just when you felt like the stimulation was just enough, you felt Eren's fingers circling the entrance of your cunt. You wanted to know what it would feel like, your curiosity left you no more room to feel shy about what you wanted.

"Shit, Eren, stop teasing me," you moaned, trying to relieve the friction against his hand yourself.

His mouth was so busy that he couldn't reply, but the look he gave you told you that you wouldn't have to wait much longer. His eyes were never tired of watching the furrow of your eyebrows and the quiver of your hanging bottom lip. His fingers pushed in and you felt the pressure of his curled fingers inside the textured walls of your cunt. The feeling combined with his tongue sent you into a writhing mess, no longer holding your whimpers back.

"Oh my god please don't stop, keep fucking me with your fingers," you wailed, assisting his movements with your own. "Your gonna make me cum, fuck!" You were left speechless, unable to spew any intelligible words.

You could feel Eren smirk against you. His words were mumbled, but you could feel every syllable vibrate against you. "Cum for me, love. Cum on my fucking face."

Just his simple request was enough to send your mind into a white space that muted the sounds, sensations, and smells that were previously sending you into sensory overload. Your body became rigid as the contractions of your abdomen and cunt tightened, squirting a slick juice that coated Eren's forehead and cheeks. You had felt the pleasurable build-up of cumming before, but the new overstimulation you just experienced sent your body into ecstasy, producing proof of Eren's job well done all over his face.

He leaned back, finally relieving your sensitive bud. When you finally opened your eyes, he was sitting back on his knees, panting and soaking. His chin and cheeks glistened from the wetness and you could see his hairline had been caught in the crossfire. You were instantly overcome with mortification as your face contorted from a dreamy ecstasy to a cringing shell. Before you could fully replace your high with an ounce of low, Eren smiled and leaned over you to kiss you gently. You could taste yourself on his lips and it made you wonder if he truly enjoyed it. When you pulled away, you did your best to wipe the remnants off his skin.

"That was the sexiest thing I've ever experienced." He was still smiling, pressing his forehead against yours. You were about to deflect his compliment, still embarrassed by soaking him involuntarily when he continued, "I guess this means I win the bet. You have to grant my wish now." You felt your stomach drop, feeling unusually nervous about what he desired. Before you could ask he simply kissed you again. "I want to you to make l-"

"Y/N? Eren?" you suddenly hear on the other side of the worn-down door. "Are you guys okay in there?" You recognized the voice to be Sasha, sounding a little concerned about your extended absence.

Although you were fully aware of where you were, you threw your head back in embarrassment, catching Big Buck hanging above you. "Um, y-yes! Sorry Sash! We had a little bit of a spill. We'll be out right away!"

Eren was still on top of you and snickering into your shoulder. You knew that both of you would have to change before facing any of your friends and Sasha'a family.

"Oh no! Do you need me to come help clean up?"

"No!" you interjected, nearly cutting off the last bit of her question. "We're just about to come out!"

"Alright! Pops says the barbeque is almost done so you better hurry up!"

"Th-thanks, Sash!" You were thankful for the creaky floorboards that carried the sound of her footsteps farther away. You wondered just how loud you were being that you didn't hear her walk up to the bedroom in the first place. You released a sigh you didn't realize you were holding and easily pushed Eren off your torso. "We took too long. We better clean ourselves up and get out there."

When he flopped on the mattress next to you, he smirked, teasing the waistband of his cut-offs. "In my opinion, we didn't take long enough."

You glanced down to where his hand was and you could see just how hard his zipper worked to contain the bulge that was threatening to come out. You felt speechless. "D-do you want...are you gonna...?" Eren laughed and sat up to take his shirt off. He used it to wipe his face and hairline dry. You were suddenly feeling shy from his unexpected actions and the drop in adrenaline. 'Oh my god, are we gonna go again?!' you thought in a panic.

It was only until Eren reached past you to grab a fresh shirt from the luggage. He was laughing at you, at your flustered questions and your hot cheeks. He placed a palm on the top of your head in a way that always brought you back down to earth. "I don't want my wish to be fulfilled, not yet." He lowered his hand and began to walk towards the door. "You better hurry up, love. Or else we're gonna get more questions." With a wink, Eren exited the bedroom, leaving you to change and calm your shaky breaths.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The sun had finally set after a long evening of meeting Sasha's family, catching up with your friends, and revelling in the sights of your best friend from the other side of the fire. After your escapades in the early afternoon, you decided that it would be best for both of your sakes to distance yourselves in front of the others.

You met Sasha's father and mother first who were watching over the grill. You could easily see the familiar resemblance in their smiles and the warmth they radiated. "Ya want a burger or a dog?" the tall man asked, as you approached him with your plate. "Or we got some farmer stew for y'all to try." Your mouth watered at the sound of everything. It was your first meal since leaving home that morning. You found yourself going back for seconds, especially with the farmer's stew. It was riddled with fresh vegetables and a hearty broth that reminded you of a home that wasn't even yours.

You met with some of Sasha's adoptive siblings, each with their distinct personalities but each had an enthusiastic way of taking care of others that reminded you of your friend. You remember chatting with Kaya. She had lived with the Blouse family since she was an infant thus creating an inseparable bond that could be just as strong as blood. You heard stories of Sasha's skill with hunting. It wasn't the idea of hunting that bothered you enough to end the conversation. It was Kaya's statement of, "I think Sasha's proudest moment was getting Big Buck. He's the guardian of the farm. He watches over us."

You met with Nicolo who was fully embracing the farmer's lifestyle. You knew him to be somewhat of an uptight exchange student from Marley. He had a subtle superiority complex, but you would always watch the way he admired Sasha at a distance and up close. You asked him what his plans were for graduation, and what his intentions were when it came to staying or leaving. "Marley's great and all, but my heart is here," he said, not hiding the smitten gaze that fluttered in his eyes as he watched her from afar. "I don't think I can go back now that everything I've ever wanted is here." Somehow, your conversation with Nicolo made you feel worse but you pushed it away. There was still time to sort out your feelings and what your feelings were telling you at that moment was to keep loving for the summertime.

You met with Connie who seemed oddly quiet for most of the night. He didn't seem upset or uncomfortable, if anything he was so relaxed that it made you wonder what other positive changes were happening in his life. He had an unfamiliar, introspective stare into the flames of the fire that roared as he sat a distance away from your other friends. They were loud and laughing, clinking cans of beer and slinging arms around each other. Jean and Mikasa, kept their arms tightly wound around each other, sneaking in kisses. Nicolo and Sasha began to dance, twirling to the loud music that played from a speaker. Eren kept his eyes on you, using his thoughts to fill in the space between you two. After a day of chatting, sitting quietly and watching your friends with Connie felt comfortable.

"Can I tell you something, Y/N?" he suddenly said. You didn't hesitate to open your ears. "I think I'm aromantic." You had never heard of the term before, but you could tell in the serious tone in Connie's voice that his confession was important, so you left him the space to speak. "I thought I could be straight. Then, maybe bisexual. I even thought I was gay. I never felt that romantic desire or passion in any of those relationships I tried. But nothing brought that spark in my life that you have with Eren. I felt like there was something wrong with me but I did a lot of research and it's a real thing...and I want to learn more. When I heard about being aromantic, I felt like everything made sense all of a sudden." You smiled at Connie, understanding the resolve that he carried with him. "I'm also gonna go away for a while after this weekend. Maybe do some travelling. See what else I can learn about me."

"I'm so happy for you, Connie," was all you could really utter. The news of Connie's sudden departure made you sad, but seeing him with a new calm, yet vigorous, lust for life made you smile. You were filled with overwhelming pride. "Thank you for telling me."

"By the way, just because I don't really feel romanticism, doesn't mean I don't feel love." Connie tilted his head on your shoulder and his freshly buzzed cut tickled your skin. "All it really means is that I treasure your friendship even more now."

"You know, you've become really cool over this last year," you said, lightly nudging your shoulder. You could feel him smiling at your compliment. You suddenly propped up, causing Connie to lift his head in surprise. "Let me take one last picture of you before you go!" You picked up your camera that was just out of reach and posed Connie by the fire to illuminate his face. He flashed a large smile and held up two peace signs. Only four more shots were left on the roll of film.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Author's Note:

Folks! Thank you again for reading my story!! We've hit 100, 000 words LMAO. Sometimes I truly don't know where this all comes from. Thank you for all the views, comments, votes, and saves. They truly mean so much to me, just like this whole story does.

I will admit, I was having a hard time getting words on the page for this chapter. Not from writer's block necessarily, but from the stressors of balancing school, work, and personal lives. (Trust, I'm gonna finish this story - I've basically had the whole plot planned since day one xD) It also helps that AOT is coming back next Friday (my bday lol) so this has been on my mind.

Again, thank you over and over. Things are still moving along and summer is almost coming to an end. I will see you in the next part!

- zel

Ps. if you've ever wanted to hear what the pain of nostalgia feels like, go listen to the WHOLE album this chapter's song comes from. Pathways by Ezra Glatt (there's a few others from this album on the playlist!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

723 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...
6K 152 31
"Everyone changes." This year you moved to Paradis. It was your year to start over. Once you've got settled into Paradis University with your roommat...
140K 4.6K 38
°°Only he was too naive to realize that love cannot be ignored°° ••• Broken promises, unrequited love, and shattered friendships. The past is full of...
19.4K 825 24
As the older sister of Sasha Braus, you were far too familiar with her typical antics. Nearly eleven months apart, the two of you could not be more d...