BEAUTY LIES WITHIN

By aspiringauthor97

No one in this world is abandoned or isolated. It's all about being together which is the most difficult tas... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
The ever after....
Exclusive!

Chapter 23

269 23 1
By aspiringauthor97

It was snowing heavily since morning. While I was back in my cabin after the lunch break, I was called by my boss.

I walked into his cabin and realized that even David was there. I guess this is about the meeting I left in between to get Rehan's work done. Screwed.

"Good afternoon sir.", I said greeting him.

"Utterly irresponsible and unprofessional.", he said very angrily.

"Excuse me Sir.", I said.

"What do you mean excuse me. You are not the ananya we had on board 8 months back. You knew that these clients were so important. Even then you chose your personal commitments above them. What is wrong with you? You know how much loss can this lead to.", he continued.

"Sorry sir, this wouldn't happen again.", I said facing the ground.

"They have as yet given no reply and if we don't get this project I fear you will have to go back to Mumbai."

What Mumbai? No not at all. This is not supposed to be happening to me. How could I go back to Mumbai? No! I will focus on my work.

But I'm not going back.

This is what I wanted from like forever. I can't afford to loose all of this.

"Even you Mr. David. You too have to be careful. Otherwise you can join her.", he told David.

"No sir. It was not his mistake. I had only told him to be with the clients till I be back. He was just.."

"I don't care just and what. It all depends on what their reply is. You will have to follow up and hope for your best. Have a business call with them in the night and remember your future depends on it.", he cuts my words.

"Yes sir."

"You'll may leave."

"Thank you sir.", David and I say together.

I was very disturbed by this all my day. All I could think is what if some problem props up and if they transfer me back to Mumbai. I don't want to go back. I have been really distracted for a few days. I need to get back. I was so disturbed that David had to drive me back home but we didn't speak a word all the way. He knew that this is very important for me. He is the one person who knows what it actually means to me. For anyone else it would just be change in place of work but for me it is change of my life and I honestly don't want this change.

David actually came till the door of my house to leave me.

"Hey, it's ok. It's no big deal. Everything will be fine.", he said.

"But what if they..."

"They are no one to decide about you. You have reached where you are with your handwork and dedication and just because of your one mistake they can't just take all this away from you. And it was not a mistake in the first place. Even Rehan is your client and you had gone for work not somewhere else."

"Hmm, I'm not in a state of seeing what is right what is wrong all I know is.."

"Is nothing is going to happen. It's a nice thing that we are home early today. Go and do what you love to..sleep."

"How I wish. But have to go out with Rehan. Some party and he wants me to be there. You know like for company. So have to go there."

"Even then you have time. Because parties of these celebrities start late. You can have a nap."

"Yes. Thank you."

"Bye. Take care.", he gives me a tight hug which I really needed at this moment.

I tried to ring the bell 3 times but no one opened the door. Rehan was not supposed to go anywhere, as far as I know.

As I opened the door I see the full house decorated and also in a mess.

"What is this? Everything is so messed up. Where is my sofa?", I asked him because I really couldn't find it.

"Rehan I'm talking to you. Rehan.", and I noticed he had headphones on.

I roughly pull them out.

"What? They'll break.", he says.

"And what about my house? You have just turned it into a dump yard. Do you have any courtesy that this is someone else's house. You know that Rosy is not here. I will have to clean all this after a long day at work but why will you care. You always have had servants around getting things as fast as you blink your eye. And that's what even I have been doing since you have been my client. But you don't know what effect does it have on their life and jobs.", I just spill out.

"I just shifted the party home.", he says in a freighted tone.

"Without asking me. I hope you remember this is my house.", I say folding my hands.

"It's snowing heavily. So I thought home will be a better place."

"Who tells you to think? I'm going to sleep. Do whatever you want to. Manage everything and don't come to me for anything."

I just slammed the door of my room. What the hell does he thinks. He has messed up my entire life. Personal as well as professional.

As I was resting in my room, within 5 mins he came in.

"Ananya.", he said in the lowest possible pitch.

"What?", I shout.

"Listen na."

"What Rehan?"

"Can I come in.", he stands on the door.

"As if, If I say no, you won't."

"I won't. it's your house. remember.", Oh god drama.

"Come."

"Actually the problem is.."

"Problem.", I look at him.

"The food I ordered came and I dropped it all in the kitchen and the thing is that only an hour is left and."

"And you don't know what to do. In your house you have 10 chefs to cook 10 different cuisines, but there is no one here."

"Yes. Can you...."

"Can I cook?", I said getting up from my bed and walking towards the door.

"Oh no no no. How can I ask you to cook? I was just saying can you give me number of any other restaurant."

I walk out to the kitchen. "Come on first you start cleaning I'll just go to David's house to get some grocery. No time to go to market."

"Me? I have to clean this.", he asks.

"No your servants will come and do and we will party with them."

"Doing doing. So ladies and gentlemen you will finally see Rehan Kundra cleaning. And guess what? Whose house it is? The rocking Rock star Ananya Singhania. Don't you girls feel jealous?"

I can't stop myself from laughing.

I get breads and some other stuffs from David's house and see Rehan on the sofa sleeping, resting.

"Oyee, get up."

"I'm tired."

"So am I but I'm doing it for yo... But I'm doing it.", was supposed to say you.

Both of us actually, I prepared the whole snacks and stuff and some soft drinks and then realized how will Rehan's guest be happy with soft drinks. We need drinks for them. Rehan gets them.

"Keep the bottles on the table outside and take these dishes out.", I tell him.

"OK ma'am. Smells nice.", he said smelling the food.

I clean up the remaining mess in the kitchen and move towards the dining area.

"Chef will you marry me?", he said as soon as I reach the dining area.

"Why?", I said placing the plates on the table.

"So that all my life I can eat the yummy food prepared by you.", he said.

"But what will be my salary?", I asked jokingly.

"Whatever you ask for my chef.", he said opening his arms.

"One solitaire each month. Diamonds are my first love.", I say placing my hand over his.

"Quite an expensive food that will cost me.", he said lying flat on the floor, dramatically.

"Haha, that's the deal. Good food, Good diamonds."

And the doorbell rings.

Armaan it is. I hope he doesn't shift in my house now.

(Sometimes your schedule gets affected by some people but managing it is what requires your ability. Ananya was definitely angry with Rehan but that anger was a mixture of a whole of other things. But they quiet made it up sweetly.

So Share, Comment and Vote.

Hit that star down.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 149K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
235K 10.8K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
40.4K 2.6K 58
[Re-editing the chapters from 1 to 20 and also changing the name of female lead after finishing the story] [NOT AN MAFIA OBESSION STORY] KIM TAEHYUNG...
39.9K 1.9K 36
This is the story of 3 brothers and 3 best friends... What will happen when they collide with each other.  FEMALE LEAD :- Anaya Sharma:-(age-26 year...