The Badboy's Heartbeat [BxB] √

By lady_Vendite

Seventeen-year-old Jordi Adkins' life became both liberating and nightmarish right after he came out of the c... More

The Badboy's Heartbeat
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100

CHAPTER 22

552 24 2
By lady_Vendite

XAVIER ROCKWELL

"I guess this is goodbye then." Bursting with reluctance on the inside, I opened my mouth and spoke nervously breaking the reign of silence. Little did Jordi know, I'm on the verge of shutting down noting that this was the end of the walk.

Things between me and Xavier just went from floating on cloud nine to an awkward state. I genuinely enjoyed walking Jordi home even though he almost got ran over by a school bus when I was chasing him. I don't know if he could read me but I was kind of hoping this won't be the end of our day. Unfortunately, Jordi does not look like he's going to invite me inside their house and I do get why he does not want to. Perhaps to him, I'm probably still an asshole and I'm okay with it. I should really work hard on getting on his good graces.

"Goodbye? What in the hell are you talking about, Xavier? We're still going to see each other at school tomorrow." Jordi chuckled which sounded adorable. I haven't heard him release such a mirthful laughter and in such an odd way, his laughter absolved my inner reluctance. I was really planning on talking a lot just so I could purposely spend more time with him but he's most definitely right. This was just a temporary goodbye and we'll eventually hang out later.

"Oh yeah. So, see you at school then?" I replied slowly gathering some excitement for tomorrow.

"Yeah, see you."

Still having one percent of unwillingness inside of me, I slowly turned around and started walking out of the porch. "I really liked talking to you." I heard him yell from behind. That statement was more than enough to seal the deal for me. Jordi's willing to spend more time with me and I'm going to plan things out for that.

I quickly turned back around and yelled right back at him. "Yeah, me too."

Walking Jordi home was the logical next step to getting even closer to him. While I have dated a few gorgeous ladies in my life, this whole thing with Jordi felt entirely new. Quite frankly, I'm still learning how to deal with this.

As I was walking alone, I was gradually accumulating a feeling of regret. I should've just kissed Jordi when I had the chance. I was looking at his luscious lips and all I could think about was kissing him. The truth is, I have never seen a mouth that I would kill to kiss. I'm quite terrified but I just can't resist this urge.

When I got home after that long walkathon from Jordi's house, I was utterly bewildered to find my mom a teeny bit sober. Luckily, Hector wasn't home and I was able to capitalize on having my own mother even just for a short while. I haven't seen my mom like this visibly sane in quite a long while.

"Hey, mom!" I chirped, she was working on something in the kitchen.

"Hi, sweetie." She greeted back sporting such a bright smile that I haven't witnessed ever since the day we moved in this apartment. She rushed towards me and eventually gave me a quick hug. I was hoping to hug her even tighter but I guess she was more than occupied by what she was doing that she immediately inched her way back. "I'm cooking dinner for today. It's your favorite!"

"Paella?"

"Paella!!! I'm going to cook it just the way you like it."

"Aww, mom, you didn't have to. Where'd you get the mo..."

Before I could even finish my sentence, she cut me off. "It doesn't matter, Xavier. Don't you miss mommy's cooking?"

I was just wondering where'd she got the money from but I guess I shouldn't be a negative Nancy about it. If anything, I should be more than grateful that I'm going to taste my mother's cooking because I surely missed them.

"Yeah, I really missed them."

"So, how was your day at school?" My mom asked. This was again, the very first time in a long while that she asked me about my day. Not only that she's visibly sober but she also remembered that I'm her son.

"I had a really good day." I drawled out. "There's this bo... Ahem, girl that I like and I just asked her if I could walk her home and she said yes." I went on. I almost slipped up just because the face of Jordi chuckling quickly flashed right before my eyes and then I just remembered that I'm talking to my mom.

"Awww, that's really nice, sweetie." My mom cooed. "Is she pretty like me?"

"Yeah, yeah." I nodded thinking about Jordi. "She's quite the prettiest that I've met, she has this nice curly hair and her skin's glowing like she's been having a full eight hours of sleep every night."

Jordi Adkins might not be a girl but I think he looked pretty for a boy, he's probably even prettier than most of the popular girls at school. Just talking about his semi curly hair makes me want to comb them using my fingers. He has a bow-shaped lip and I definitely know how tender they feel.

"Oh my, my!!! Have you asked her out yet?"

"I'm thinking about it." I wonder what would be Jordi's reaction when I asked him out for a real date. I haven't formally asked him yet and it's incredibly crazy how sluggish I was. I have seemingly forgotten myself and those smooth moves that I used on asking Michiko out and the few others before her.

"Well, then you might have to stop thinking about it and starting doing it. If she's as pretty as you say, then I'm certain that there's a ton of thirsty dudes out there who's more than willing to be in your position." My mom urged out and it felt nice to hear some words of encouragement from her. It's nice to see her talk like a real mother for a change.

I got up from the couch and sneaked behind my mom. "I really missed you, mom." I wrapped my arms around her while she was chopping onions.

"Now you're being really weird sweetie." She huffed out yet still, she gave me a peck on the cheeks. "How in the fucking hell are you going to miss me when I've been here the whole time?" Unknowingly enough with such a loud accentuation, she stressed out how she's been here the entire time. Little did she know; she's been missing in action for me. At least in a motherly way, she's been absent.

"Yeah. Haha." I just laughed my own sentiments out.

"Anyway, I feel like I want to drink some ice cold soda. I feel like there's a dry desert inside my throat."

"I'll check the fridge."

With very little movement, I eventually pulled the fridge open and I wasn't that much surprised to see nothing. There's a lot of bear, a few eggs and some rotting veggies but that's just about it.

"Uhm, we only have beer though."

"Oh please, not today, Xavier. I don't feel like drinking one." My mom divulged. I found that exceedingly hard to believe but hey, this was a teeny sober version of her. If she doesn't like to drink beer, then I'm not going to guilt trip her into drinking one.

"Okay. I'm head out to the store then."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I still have a few bucks left."

"Oh for god's sake, Xavier. I'm your mother. Just take a few bills from my wallet and also buy me some chocolates, anything that has an almond. Keep your own money, sweetie."

"Alright then."

When I got to the store, I wasn't expecting to see Jane and Nikki buying some booze and chips at the counter. They were both wearing some skimpy outfits too.

I was really trying not to be seen by them unfortunately, Jane spotted me right before I could even go incognito. "Oh, hi there, Xavier!"

"Oh hey." I waved faking a smile. "It looks like there's a party." I truly have no other choice but to act nice. Jane and Nikki are Jordi's best friends and logically, I also have to be in their good graces.

"Yeah, were going fucking lit tonight!!!" Jane replied changing her voice and mimicking some white teenage dude who's excited to throw a party.

"Ah, alright. You look like you're pumped out to party huh."

"I'm sorry but you look like you're a minor. I'm not going to let you buy these." The cashier lady mumbled giving Nikki such a hard glare.

"What? I'm not a minor. I'm eighteen." Nikki replied.

"Let me buy them then." I uttered stepping right in front of Nikki.

"How old are you?" The cashier lady inquired raising her thin eyebrows on me.

"I'm twenty-one." I replied.

"Let me see your ID."

I fished the fake ID that my Hector got me from my pocket and handed it to the cashier.

"Okay." The cashier lady nodded believing that I was actually twenty-one.

Nikki rolled her eyes before eventually giving me the money on her hand. She doesn't seem to like me but I'm sure I'm going to change her thoughts on me at some point in the future. Thankfully, I got the fake ID in my pocket and if not, these two ladies won't be able to buy their booze for the party.

"Oh my freaking god. Are you really twenty-one?" Jane sounded astonished the moment we all got outside of the store.

"Jesus, Jane. Are you really that dumb?" Nikki scowled at her.

"What? I was just asking."

"That's just a fake ID, girl and clearly, he's not twenty-one."

"She's right." I nodded in agreement.

"Oh, right. Thank you by the way." Jane said.

"Chitchat's over." Nikki grabbed Jane's hand and began pulling her.

"Wait, Nikki. Don't you want to like invite him to the party?" Jane asked.

"Are fucking kidding me, Jane? We are not inviting an asshole to the party. No assholes allowed."

"Naah, me and my mom are having dinner together." I chimed in thinking that I'm still included in the conversation.

"Nobody's talking to you, mama's boy!" Nikki snarled at me before eventually pulling Jane with such force.

When I got back home, my mom's almost done cooking my favorite food. Our tiny apartment was filled with the good smell that it made my stomach churn. By the time, she's done cooking, we both ended up having dinner at the couch while watching a replay of Family Guy. I could taste how good my mom cooked the paella and it was just how I liked it. I can't even remember the last time he cooked this food because we're mostly having deliveries, instant noodles and canned goods. I only get real food when I'm out of the house.

Me and my mom shared mirthful laughter and silly stories together and it was honestly one of the best moments we had ever since dad left us. It was truly a good day for me. Not only that I had a good time with Jordi, I also enjoyed having my mom back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.9K 24
Justin is an normal guy going into high school. From what he hears from his older sister Jasmin, freshman year is going to be hell. Now a mysterious...
494K 14.9K 71
(Not Edited)(be warned, SUPER CRINGY since it was my first story, that's your warning) (bxb+) When Xavier Jameson moved to a new town, he didn't exp...
24.7K 885 36
Mike is supposed to be the next captain of his school's basketball club, but the 17 year old play boy is distraught because he has to move after his...
3.1K 89 11
Love is a complicated thing, a thing that very few can master. Andrew Smith, a sixteen-year-old student, is just trying to make it through high schoo...