𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 ➀ - The Maze Run...

By mazewriterrr

Raven. The only thing she remembers. Raven wakes up in the box just like every other person entering the gla... More

Information (please read!)
Chapter 1 - 'It's a girl'
Chapter 2 - Exploring and explaining
Chapter 3 - Memories
Chapter 4 - A fun game
Chapter 5 - Lies
Chapter 6 - New room
Chapter 7 - Runner
Chapter 8 - Prank
Chapter 9 - 'Salty'
Chapter 10 - Words
⚠️ A/n ⚠️
Chapter 11 - hungry
Chapter 12 - 'Oops'
Chapter 13 - Sorry
Chapter 14 - New greenie
Chapter 15 - Truth or Dare
Chapter 16 - Day off
Chapter 17 - Maze
Chapter 18 - 'I like you.'
Chapter 19 - Kiss
Chapter 20 - The Doors
Chapter 21 - Trapped
Chapter 22 - Sick
Chapter 23 - Recognize
Chapter 25 - They know
Chapter 26 - Another one
Chapter 27 - Section seven
Chapter 28 - Things are getting heated
Chapter 29 - I love you
Chapter 30 - The bait
(Random) A/n
Chapter 31 - Good luck
Chapter 32 - The end
A/N (important)

Chapter 24 - The question

2.2K 49 47
By mazewriterrr

A/n: I don't know if this chapter is cringe or not, but I hope you enjoy :)

Raven's POV

When I went to get breakfast this morning I joined Thomas and Chuck. The two boys seemed to have become really good friends in less then a day.

I was still thinking about the memory. Why did Newt say that Thomas worked on the maze? But even if he did I still trust him. The creators who sent us up here weren't good people, so if Thomas helped building the maze he was most likely forced.

'Hey guys.' I said as I joined them.

'Hey.' The two boys greeted me.

'Ready to try some jobs?' I asked Thomas.

'Yeah.' He replied. 'So Raven, do you know if I can be a Runner?'

'A Runner?' I asked surprised.

'Yeah. You're a Runner, right?'

'True, but I mean, do you really wanna be one?

'Yes.' Thomas replied.

'I don't think you can be one.'

'Why not? Are you saying I'm not strong enough for that?' I didn't know if Thomas meant it sarcastically or not.

'I didn't say that!'

'How'd you become one?' Thomas raised his eyebrows.

'I almost had to beg Minho to give me a training, but I don't think he wants to give you one.'

'Why not?' Thomas asked confused.

'Because I have more impact on Minho.' I leaned closer to Thomas who was sitting on the other side of the table. 'You know, I'm just a little more attractive.' I said sarcastically.

Thomas let out a light chuckle, but he stopped when someone joined us. I looked next to me and saw Newt sitting down. His jaw was clenched and he putted his plate down so hard that I thought it might break.

I raised my eyebrows at Thomas and Chuck and they shrugged.

'Anyways I'm done, I'm going to the gardens.' I grabbed my plate and got up. 'See you in a minute, Newt.' I handed my plate to Frypan and headed to the gardens. A few minutes later Newt and Thomas joined us.

'Has anyone ever tried climbing to the top?' Thomas asked when we were working.

'Tried it. The ivy doesn't go all the way to the top.' Newt said. 'And besides, where do you wanna go from there?'

'And what about the Box? Next time it come up som-.'

'No, we tried that.' Newt interrupted Thomas. 'The box won't go back down with someone in it.'

'Well what if we-.'

'No we tried it, alright?' Newt interrupted him again. 'Twice. Alright trust me, anything you could think of we've already tried. The only way out is trough the maze.' Newt said, slightly annoyed.

'Now you wanna be helpful?' Newt grabbed a bucket. 'Here, go get some fertilizer.' He threw the bucket to Thomas who almost didn't catch it. Thomas walked towards the forest but almost tripped what made me and Zart chuckle lightly.

~

'Yeah, so I guess I-.' The conversation me and Newt were having got interrupted by some screams. I gave Newt a confused look and he grabbed his shovel. I looked at the forest and saw Thomas running out. When I got closer I saw that someone was following him. The person jumped on top of Thomas and I could see it was Ben.

'You did this!' He said while spitting. Ben was about to attack Thomas, but Newt hit him with his shovel. A few boys held Ben down as he was still struggling.

'Lift his shirt.' Alby commanded. A boy lifted Ben's shirt and I could see a deep hole on his stomach. The veins around it were green and there was black blood coming out of the hole.

'No, no.' Ben looked at Alby with his almost black eyes.

'He's been stung.' Alby said. 'Get him to the pit.' A few boys pulled Ben up and walked him to the pit while Ben was still struggling and saying some things.

'You okay?' I asked Thomas who was out of breath.

'Yeah, I think so. What are they gonna do with Ben?' Thomas asked.

'He's getting banished tonight.' Newt replied and I sighed. Ben's been my friend ever since I've met him and he's a nice guy. I didn't like that we banish people when they get stung, but we had no other choice.

~

Me and Chuck were walking to the maze Doors and I already saw all the boys standing there with their poles. Minho held Ben, his best friend, and walked to the Doors. Minho cut the ropes that were on Ben's hands and Ben fell to the ground.

'No, no, no.' He cried. 'I'll get better!' He shouted.

'Poles.' Alby commanded. All the boys moved their poles towards Ben who was still begging. I felt the wind in my face and the floor started to shake. The Doors were slowly closing and Ben was getting closer and closer into the maze.

'Come on.' Chuck grabbed my arm and we both walked away from the awful sight. I felt a tear dropping down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away.

I heard that the Doors stopped moving and the floor wasn't shaking anymore. 'He belongs to the maze now.' I heard Alby say as me and Chuck were still walking away.

~

It was almost night and I was sitting on my bed in Newt's room. I was still somber about Ben and after all, this was the first banishing I've ever seen so it wasn't like I was used to it. The fact that Ben was a friend of mine made it even worse.

And then there are the memories about Thomas. I hated the fact that I couldn't tell anyone about it. I mean, I wanted to tell them, but I couldn't. I didn't want them to be suspicious of Thomas or maybe even me. I felt a tear dripping down my cheek.

I also thought about the maze a lot. Like how we were supposed to get out of it. I would get out of it, and I was gonna take everyone with me. Chuck, Newt, Minho, Alby and even Thomas. I felt more tears dripping down my cheeks as I though about everything.

Why would someone be so cruel to send us out here? I let out all the sadness that had been in me for weeks. Tears dropped down from eyes and they didn't stop. It was hard to not start sobbing and make any noise.

Suddenly I heard footsteps. I quickly wiped all the tears away and took a breath as I laid down on my bed and pulled the blanket of me. Then I heard the door open.

'Hey.' I heard a British voice say.

'Hi.' I tried to sound as normal as possible but my voice was hoarse because of the crying.

I heard Newt sat down on his bed and I tried to cover my face under the blanket.

'Are you okay?' Newt had noticed something was wrong.

'Yeah.' I replied.

It was silent for a moment.

'What were you doing?' Newt suddenly asked after a while.

'Oh I was-.' I stopped for a second and frowned. 'I was just thinking about some things.'

'Were you crying?' He looked at me.

'No. I don't know why yo-.'

'Your eyes are red and I can see your wet cheeks. Why were you crying?'

I sighed and looked down. 'It's nothing.'

Newt got up and sat down on my bed. His hand touched my shoulder what made me shiver, in a good way.

'I'm just sad about Ben.' I finally said. I removed the blanket and sat next to Newt.

'Anything else?' He asked serious.

'Not really, just worried about the maze and some of my memories.'

'You've gotten more memories?' Newt asked worried.

I stayed silent for a bit. 'Yes.' I said.

'What happend?' Newt looked at me. 'If you wanna tell me.' He added.

'I saw us as kids.' I frowned. 'And Thomas. There wasn't anything special happening.' I got up. 'Now let's get dinner.' I said.

Newt got up too and followed me outside.

~

After dinner I stayed outside with a few other boys for a while.

'Hey Thomas.' I looked at him. 'Can I talk to you for a second?' I saw Chuck giving us a confused look and Thomas nodded.

We walked away from the other boys.

'So..?' Thomas asked unsure.

'I saw you in my memories.' He looked at me confused as I said it. 'Newt said something about the maze in them. Do you remember anything?'

'No. I only get some dreams sometimes but that's it.'

'Do you remember anything about you working for the creators?' I asked.

'No. And trust me, even if I did it wouldn't be voluntary.'

'I get that. It's not that I don't trust you, but I just wanted to make sure. I know that if you worked for them you were probably forced and hopefully, you didn't mean anything bad.' I gave him a glare.

'I'm sorry, I don't remember.' He ended the conversation and we walked back to the other boys.

'I'm heading to bed, I'll see you guys tomorrow.' I walked to Newt's room. Not even a second after I arrived I heard the door open. I saw Newt entering the room.

'Hey, you doing alright?' He asked.

'Yeah.' I got closer to him.

We were silent and just looked at each other. I saw Newt eyes going down really fast and then up again. I smirked.

'What?' He blushed.

I got closer to his face and I felt his breath on my face. I felt his hand on my hip what made my body tingle.

'You're-.' Before I could finish my sentence Newt grabbed my face and kissed me. I closed my eyes as I kissed back. One of my hands moved in Newt's hair and the other one on his back. He still has his hand on my hip and the other one held my face.

After a few seconds we pulled back and I smiled. I leaned in and gave him another quick kiss before I sat down on my bed. Newt sat down next to me and he held my hand.

'Raven.' He said as I blushed.

'Yeah?'

'I really like you.'

'I really like you too.'

'This might sound really weird, but,' Newt paused 'do you wanna be, you know,' he said a little nervous 'my girlfriend?' He finally said.

'Really?' I felt my face turn red.

'I'm sorry I shou-.' I interrupted Newt by pressing my lips onto his. I saw his confused look as I pulled back.

'Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend, Newt.' I smiled. Newt pushed me on the bed and laid down on top of me, kissing me.

'Well, well, well.' I quickly let go of Newt and saw Minho standing in the door opening.

'Minho-.' Newt quickly got off me.

'I knew it!'

'It's not what you thi-.'

'Oh, yes it is.' Minho smirked. 'I told both of you guys! I knew it!' Minho laughed and walked away.

I looked at Newt and I saw his face was completely red. Newt got off my bed and laid down on his own and so did I.

'Night, love.' He said.

'Good night.' I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 250 12
When Minho gets taken by WICKED, Raven is desperate to save him. She makes plans with the few other Gladers that are left. But it's not that easy as...
2.2M 60.2K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...
276K 9.1K 73
Jane is put in the maze as the first girl, but she has different intentions than the others. At first, she doesn't remember anything except for her n...
301K 7.4K 78
Redamancy - Loving someone who loves you back. Nora is trapped in a maze full of teenage boys, trying to find a way out. She gets along with almost e...