𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 ➀ - The Maze Run...

By mazewriterrr

Raven. The only thing she remembers. Raven wakes up in the box just like every other person entering the gla... More

Information (please read!)
Chapter 1 - 'It's a girl'
Chapter 2 - Exploring and explaining
Chapter 3 - Memories
Chapter 4 - A fun game
Chapter 5 - Lies
Chapter 6 - New room
Chapter 7 - Runner
Chapter 8 - Prank
Chapter 9 - 'Salty'
Chapter 10 - Words
⚠️ A/n ⚠️
Chapter 11 - hungry
Chapter 12 - 'Oops'
Chapter 13 - Sorry
Chapter 14 - New greenie
Chapter 15 - Truth or Dare
Chapter 16 - Day off
Chapter 17 - Maze
Chapter 18 - 'I like you.'
Chapter 19 - Kiss
Chapter 21 - Trapped
Chapter 22 - Sick
Chapter 23 - Recognize
Chapter 24 - The question
Chapter 25 - They know
Chapter 26 - Another one
Chapter 27 - Section seven
Chapter 28 - Things are getting heated
Chapter 29 - I love you
Chapter 30 - The bait
(Random) A/n
Chapter 31 - Good luck
Chapter 32 - The end
A/N (important)

Chapter 20 - The Doors

2.9K 54 23
By mazewriterrr

Me and Newt both walked to the Homestead to get some sleep.

'So, do you mind that I sleep in your room?' I asked Newt once we arrived.

'No, not at all actually.' He looked down and smiled a little.

'Okay. I'm gonna get ready.' I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put on my pyjama. I checked the wound in my back and saw it was getting better, it almost healed.

'Good night.' I said as I walked back into Newt's room and laid down.

'Night.' Newt was already under his sheets.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

~

'You ready?' I opened my eyes and saw Newt above me.

'Yeah, I'll be at breakfast in a minute.' Newt left and I got ready. I put on my Runner clothes and I made a ponytail in my hair.

~

'Hey, Raven. Ready for your first running day again?' Minho asked me when I sat down next to him.

'Yes!' I smiled.

'So,' Minho started while smirking.

'Nope, I'm not going to tell you.' I interrupted him.

'I didn't even ask something!' Minho threw his hands in the air.

'Yeah, but I know what you were going to ask.'

'Okay, then tell me.' Minho looked at me. 'What was I going to ask?'

I felt my cheeks heat up and I stayed silent.

Minho smiled and look at Newt and then at me. 'It's alright guys, I don't need an explanation.'

I heard Newt sigh. 'I finished eating.' I said changing the subject. 'Let's go, Minho. Bye, Newt!' I smiled at him and me and Minho walked away, heading to the doors.

'Alright, just follow me and do what you normally did.' Minho started running and I followed him trough the maze. We both cut off some ivy sometimes and we wrote some things down.

~

'Lunch time.' Minho stopped running and grabbed his backpack.

'Alright.' I sat down on the ground and grabbed my lunch.

'What's this with you and Newt?' Minho asked suspiciously.

'Nothing.' I lied.

'Mhm, I'm supposed to believe that?' Minho said.

'Minho, if you use your brain for once you would know.'

'Oh, but I already knew. I think I actually knew it before you guys did. I just wanted to make sure.'

'What did you know?'

'That y'all like each other, Shank!' Minho smirked.

'Whatever you say.' I sighed.

'I know I'm right.'

'Let's just run back now.' I saw that Minho finished his food and so did I.

'Okay then.' Minho got up.

~

We arrived back in the Glade before dinner so we had some time left. I said goodbye to Minho and headed to the gardens.

'Hey.' I put my hands on Newt's shoulders, who was planting some seeds.

'Oh hey.' Newt got up and wiped some sweet of his forehead. 'How was running?' He asked.

'It was good. Minho went to Alby to say it.' I smiled. 'What about you? How was your day?'

'It was okay, just planted some things and stuff.' Newt leaned against a shovel.

'Hey, Shanks! Dinner is ready!' I turned around and saw Minho shouting at us.

'Okay!' Newt shouted back. 'Let's go.' He looked at me. We walked to the kitchen together and Frypan gave us dinner.

'Guys, it's Greenie day tomorrow so I won't be the Greenie anymore!' Chuck said excited.

'Really?' I said surprised. 'It's already been a month? Wow!'

'Anyways, Alby said you can already run alone tomorrow since you did amazing today.' Minho also joined us and looked at me.

'Okay, good! It's already been tough to run with Minho for one day, so I'm glad this was the only day I have to run with you.' I joked.

'I bet you are really sad because you can't run with me.' Minho said sarcastically as he moved his hand trough his hair.

I rolled my eyes jokingly and focused on my food.

~

(Time skip to the next day)

Today I would run alone in the maze again and I was glad about that. Even though what happend last time I ran alone in the maze I wasn't afraid. I don't know why, but somehow the Grievers didn't scare me that much.

I got ready and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

'Here's your breakfast and lunch.' Frypan handed me a plate filled with some bread and eggs, he also handed me some sandwiches that I could eat in the maze. 'Good luck today.' He smiled.

'Thanks, Fry.' I smiled at him and walked outside to one of the tables. I looked around for a second and saw Minho and Newt sitting at a table, so I sat down next to Newt.

I didn't talk to Newt about our kiss from the other day. Did he forget about it? Didn't it mean anything to him? Questions flew in my head.

'Hey!' I looked up and saw Minho looking at me.

'What?' I asked.

'It took you three times to respond to me.'

'Oh.' Was the only thing I said. 'Sorry.'

Newt looked at me with a worried look on his face but I ignored it. We all stayed silent while eating. After a while I was done eating.

'Bye Minho, bye Newt.' I waved and walked away with my backpack, to the doors. I waited for a while and soon I heard the awful loud noise that made the whole Glade shake a little. After a few seconds the loud noise has stopped and the giants grey doors had opened now. I looked at the Glade one time and then I left.

~

I was running for a while now and it was almost time for lunch. I didn't want to be late, so I got my lunch and sat down.
I soon found my thoughts draw to the same thing again, or person.

Newt.

What did he think about the kiss? He looked happy after it, but we never spoke about it again. Did he care about it?

Even more questions flew trough my head. I don't know why I'm making myself crazy with questions like this. I decided that I would talk to Newt later. I finished my lunch and looked at my watch.

1.00 pm?! Shuck! Did I really just spend an hour eating lunch? Did my thoughts go that far?

I quickly grabbed all my stuff and started running back. I had to make pace, but I couldn't run at full speed yet because of my back. This was a bad idea. Maybe I should've ran with Minho for one more day.

I had been running for a while now so I had to catch my breath for a moment. I sighed and continued running.

I knew I was getting closer and closer to the glade.

5:00 pm.

5:30 pm.

5:45 pm.

5:55 pm.

I only had five minutes left now and I didn't know if I could make it. I would.

5:59 pm.

Just one more minute and the doors would close. I needed to take a few more turns and then I would be able to see the glade. I ran as fast as I could. Left. Right. Right. Left.

I took one last turn to the right and saw the Glade for a split second.

But then the doors closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 96 13
This is a TMR fanfic. A Newt x fem!Reader. (Sorry to everyone else about the pronouns) I'm not going to give a ton of the plot away, but why don't yo...
322K 10.4K 73
Jane is put in the maze as the first girl, but she has different intentions than the others. At first, she doesn't remember anything except for her n...
7.1K 92 29
A girl arrives in the Glade. The only thing she remembers is her name. She's in bad condition and needs time to get used to being surrounded by boys...
267K 5.8K 29
For three years, every month a new greenie is sent up through the box to live in the maze. Sent here with no remembrance of their past life or the ou...