Second best (An Elijah Mikael...

By Gilliess

Dahlia was coming, the Mikaelson's knew that for a fact, though they were unsure when their dear aunt would m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N

Chapter 8

10.4K 335 23
By Gilliess

Elijah moped. He couldn't bare to see Hayley around the compound. That was why he had made his decision to leave and help Marcel train the vampire army.

He will throw himself completely into the alliance with the wolves. No more Hayley.

As he walked out of the compound, hands in his pockets. Nobody saw him slip out, but the music was too loud and too happy for him.

Before he slipped out, he saw Hayley, sipping champagne accompanied by some wolves. Where was Jackson? But that wasn't his problem anymore.

As soon as Elijah hit the cold air outside, something didn't feel right. His vision kept switching to someone else's. He saw them running in the bayou, as if they were hiding from something. Elijah heard heavy breathing and small sobs. "Clarissa" he growled before speeding off.

Clarissa ran through the bayou. Something was behind her, she didn't get a good look. She only heard the growling and barking of something and the sound of feet or paws hitting the ground. Her scrabbled mind came to the conclusion that it was a wolf.

She pushed off the trees to make her run faster, she almost went to the extent of calling on her moonlight ring to turn her. But she can't be a wolf again, it's too soon.

She tried to channel someone who she knew she had a connection with. He had channeled her but she didn't know how. So she focussed on Elijah, and just ran.

She didn't feel anything. It didn't work, her heart sunk because she knew that she could only out run a wolf for so long.

Clarissa's foot tangled in a small bush, causing her to fall over. Her hands and elbows took the blow, but she did slightly hit her forehead on the tree next to her.

"Ouch" she immediately threw her hand up to where she hit, smudging the blood ever so slightly. Clarissa clambered to her feet and tried running again.

This time, her legs had slowed down. She couldn't hear the wolf anymore, she finally came to a halt and turned around to see Jackson, his eyes flashed amber and he pounced.

Clarissa raised her arms to keep him away but she had been pushed to the floor and Jackson snapping his teeth at her.

"What on earth?" Elijah walked past the trees and lifted Jackson up from her

Clarissa stood. She brushed of the damp leaves and tried to scratch the mud off her dress.

"I suggest you leave" Elijah pushed Jackson back "you have a wedding party to attend" he said with venom in his voice

Jackson angrily wriggled from Elijah's grasp before glaring at Clarissa as he walked away.

"Tell me, what's going on" Elijah demanded "there has been something wrong between you two ever since I've met you"

"Please..." Clarissa didn't want to talk about it; the thought wrenched her gut and made her feel sick

"... I'm afraid you have no choice in the matter" Elijah said "now you can tell me right here and now, or we can go back to yours and you can tell me"

Clarissa looked up at Elijah like a lost puppy, she knew she would have had to tell someone sooner or later. She didn't want it forced out of her.

"Let's go" she said quietly, walking ahead of Elijah. He followed her, in triumph.

"Thanks for saving me, by the way" Clarissa walked through the door and slipped her shoes off "I didn't know I could run so fast in these shoes" she laughed

Elijah sat down and waited. He knew she was trying to change the subject but he wanted to know. It could save her life.

Clarissa huffed. She took a seat near Elijah and turned to him. "Fine" she said "let me show you"

She raised her hand up in the air to caress Elijah's face and show him. But she halted before she made contact, very hesitantly.

Elijah took her hand, it was small and dainty. He guided it to his cheek and then he closed his eyes.

"Joshua" Clarissa smiled when she walked through the door "I have something for you"

"Why?" He said sharply, he was sat on the chair waiting for her return "you're half an hour late in coming in and..." He stood up and looked at her face "you have lipstick on, are you seeing someone else?"

"I was half an hour late because I was getting you a gift for our 5 year anniversary" she spat "and I'm wearing lipstick, to ironically look good for you"

Joshua and Clarissa had been childhood sweethearts. She thought she was lucky, her father had planned their engagement to link the two packs together. Life was perfect.

Until, of course. When they moved in, Joshua was nothing like Clarissa imagined, his nice, calm demeanour turned sour and she's been living with false accusations of cheating and him abusing her for a while now.

"Don't talk to me like that" he grabbed her hand and turned her towards him

"Well maybe I should just leave" she said, turning and heading for the door. Whenever she had gotten there, every time they argued, he gave this big speech about how his father was abusive and he didn't know how to act; he made her feel guilty for even thinking of leaving him.

"Clarissa, please" he said, sounding like the old Josh. She turned around and glared. This time, he didn't spill that excuse, he just smiled

"You can't leave me anyway; not if you care for the wolves" he laughed "but, why should you? You've not even turned yet, you're not a true wolf"

"I haven't turned because I haven't had the opportunity yet, I don't go around killing people randomly" she argued

Joshua just laughed "you can never win in an argument" he returned to his previous position on the chair "there's dishes in the sink"

Clarissa had had enough. She stormed into the kitchen and filled the bowl up with water.

Plate after plate, then came cups and bowls, frying pans and finally...

Clarissa held a large kitchen knife in her hand. She soaked it and wiped whatever had been left on it.

She had finally snapped. Usually in their arguments, he would hit her, push her against the wall and lock the doors so she wouldn't get out.

But she was free to go, if she had the guts to. But if she went then he would find her; maybe her life would be better if Joshua totally disappeared.

She clutched it and turned around. He was still watching TV, if she had to do it. Now was her time.

She got as close as she could; her hands trembling. Doing it quickly would stop her from changing her mind. Her wolf gene had enraged her.

"Joshua" she growled. He turned around and stood up to face her

"What do you want?" He spat back to her. His face turned an odd shade of green when the knife that was clutched in her hand had now been stabbed into his stomach, and then his chest and repeatedly around his body.

Blood covered the room and Clarissa just sat there, sobbing.

"Who was that?" Elijah asked when they both hit reality, he thought that she had completely changed subjects now.

Clarissa wiped the tear away from her cheek "I loved Joshua" she began "until I knew his real self"

"But how does this link to Jackson?" Elijah became stern "he can really hurt you, I can help"

"I killed his brother, Elijah" she raised her voice "Joshua was his little brother and I killed him, I watched him die at my own hands"

Elijah was speechless. He had no knowledge on Jackson having a brother. "He sounded like he needed to go" Elijah tried to make her feel better

"He hurt me in ways nobody could ever see" she breathed "I don't trust people easily, that's why me and Ezra are so close, he was the only one I could trust, until I met you" she looked at him "your noble; trust worthy"

Elijah smiled at her. She flickered her eyes, showing signs that she could just drift off into a sleep. So Elijah picked her up and laid her on the bed, next to him.

They've both been heartbroken, be it now or years ago. It still effects them. Elijah put his arm around her and she nuzzled into his neck. Perfect fit.

Elijah thought how nice it was to feel her there beside him. She distracted him from the pain Hayley had caused. She was not only the perfect fit, to fit into his neck. But emotionally, Elijah thought that Clarissa would be the best medicine for his broken heart.

And very slowly, they both drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 1K 17
Cassidy Grimes and Niklaus Mikaelson survived the ritual. When Cassidy finds herself unable to cast even the simplest spell she considers it price pa...
75.9K 2.7K 36
Aphrodite: the goddess of sexual love and beauty Loving someone for a thousand years, spending every waking hour with them and then losing them is an...
158K 4.7K 42
THE ORIGINALS XREADER!!! _______ was just a regular human in a pack waiting for her chance to become a werewolf and be the Alpha as she would follow...
10.6K 470 29
Danielle Rodriguez has been playing house with her boyfriend, Klaus Mikaelson, and his daughter hope for the past six months. However, the peacefully...