𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 ➀ - The Maze Run...

By mazewriterrr

Raven. The only thing she remembers. Raven wakes up in the box just like every other person entering the gla... More

Information (please read!)
Chapter 1 - 'It's a girl'
Chapter 2 - Exploring and explaining
Chapter 3 - Memories
Chapter 4 - A fun game
Chapter 5 - Lies
Chapter 6 - New room
Chapter 7 - Runner
Chapter 8 - Prank
Chapter 9 - 'Salty'
Chapter 10 - Words
⚠️ A/n ⚠️
Chapter 11 - hungry
Chapter 12 - 'Oops'
Chapter 13 - Sorry
Chapter 14 - New greenie
Chapter 15 - Truth or Dare
Chapter 16 - Day off
Chapter 17 - Maze
Chapter 19 - Kiss
Chapter 20 - The Doors
Chapter 21 - Trapped
Chapter 22 - Sick
Chapter 23 - Recognize
Chapter 24 - The question
Chapter 25 - They know
Chapter 26 - Another one
Chapter 27 - Section seven
Chapter 28 - Things are getting heated
Chapter 29 - I love you
Chapter 30 - The bait
(Random) A/n
Chapter 31 - Good luck
Chapter 32 - The end
A/N (important)

Chapter 18 - 'I like you.'

3.2K 71 30
By mazewriterrr

I woke up and felt the sun in my face. I blinked a few times and noticed that Newt was not in his bed. I carefully got up so my back wouldn't hurt too much. I winced at the feeling but I managed to get dressed and even walk down stairs, to the kitchen.

'Hey Raven.' Frypan greeted me. 'How are you feeling?' He asked me slightly worried.

'I'm alright, thanks, Fry.' I smiled and he handed me some food. I noticed that everyone was doing their job, since no one was sitting at a table. I sat down at the table where me, Minho and Newt usually would sit.

I was eating my food when I heard someone join me.

'Hey.' It was Newt. He sat down next to me.

'Morning.'

'Noon.' Newt corrected me.

'Noon?! Did I sleep that long?' I asked surprised.

'Yeah, but don't worry. You needed too rest.' Newt smiled.

'How long was I out when, you know, I got out of the maze?'

'You were unconscious for the rest of the night and then you woke up when it was almost time for dinner, so I guess you were out for like a day.'

'Alright.' I sighed. 'What can I do today? I don't want to just sit here for the whole day.'

'I don't know. You can come with me today, we'll see what you are able to do.' Newt answered.

I nodded and ate my food. Newt helped me get up and we walked, very slow, to the gardens.

'I don't think you'll be able to work in the gardens. Maybe you just need to re-.' Newt couldn't finish his sentence because I already walked away to get some seeds.

'Raven!' Newt sped up his walking.

'I can do it.' I said and I bend down, but I immediately felt the burning pain in my back.

Newt grabbed my waist and pulled me back up. 'No, you need to rest.'

'But you said I could come with you today like five minutes ago!'

'I know.' Newt admitted. 'But you look tired.'

'I literally just slept till noon, I'm not tired.'

'Raven, please.' Newt's brown eyes met mine.

'Fine.' I walked back to the Homestead and got in my bed. It took a while, but I fell asleep.

~

The next days were all the same. A lot of sleeping, getting food and resting again. I felt horrible because I couldn't do anything useful, but I had to live with it. And even though I didn't want to rest, Newt would literally force me.

'Hey Raven. I'm gonna check your wound again.' I saw Jeff and nodded. I followed Jeff to the hospital room. Walking was less painful now, but I definitely couldn't run yet. I got on one of the beds and moved my shirt slightly up so Jeff could have a better look at the wound. He unwrapped the white cloth and threw it away.

'It looks a lot better. You'll maybe even be able to run again in a week, maybe a little longer.'

'Really? That's awesome!' I was relieved.

'You just gotta keep this cloth on and be careful.' Jeff grabbed a clean cloth and wrapped it around my waist again.

'Alright. Thanks, Jeff.' I smiled and went outside.

'Looks like someone's happy.' I almost bumped into Minho.

'Yes, I'll be able to run in about a week!' I said excited.

'Oh really? Great!' Minho responded. 'It's almost time for dinner, you coming?'

'Yeah, sure.' I nodded and followed Minho to the kitchen. Frypan gave us a cup of soup and we sat down at our usual table, Newt was already sitting there.

'Newt, I can work in the Glade now and I can run in about a week!' I said.

'Great, be careful though.' Newt warned me like he had done every single day.

'Yeah yeah, I know.' I jokingly rolled my eyes and started eating.

After a while I interrupted the silence. 'Could we do a bonfire tonight?'

'A bonfire?' Minho frowned. 'There isn't a new Greenie.'

'Yeah I know, but we can still do a bonfire without a Greenie right?'

'I think so. I'll ask Alby.' Minho had already finished his food and got up. He walked to another table and I saw Alby, Ben and the two med-jacks sitting there. Minho and Alby talked for a while and then I saw Minho walking back to us.

'He said it'll be alright.'

'Great!' I got up to get wood in the forest but I felt someone grab my wrist.

Newt was holding my wrist and looked at my plate of food, that was half full, then he looked at me again and raised his eyebrows.

'Newt-.' I started.

'Just eat it.' He interrupted me.

Sometimes I was a little annoyed by Newt being so protective, like it would make such a difference if I didn't finish my food for once.

'Alright. But don't think I was trying to skip it, I was just excited for the bonfire.' I said quietly to Newt, it was the truth.

'Okay, good.' Newt waited for me to finish my food and together we went to the woods.

'What did Minho tell you the other day?' I asked Newt for like the hundredth time.

'Are you serious? I thought you finally forgot about that.' Newt said not answering my question.

'Just tell me what he said! If it's that private okay, but just at least tell me what it was about.'

'It was nothing.'

'If it was nothing then you wouldn't be that affected by it, but okay I'll stop asking.' I said.

Me and Newt continued to grab some wood for the bonfire.

He was so sweet. He's always there for me, especially the days after I got hurt. And I loved his beautiful brown eyes, his messy blonde hair. I didn't mind sleeping in the same room as him. Wait, didn't Gally say my room would be done tomorrow? He did, but that was a week ago!

'Hey Newt, so how come that Gally still didn't finish my room? He told me it was almost done but that was days ago.'

'Oh I don't know, maybe Minho knows.' I followed Newt out of the forest and we put down the wood we collected.

'Hey, Shank!' I shouted at Minho. I was used to the Gladers their slang now.

'Yeah?' He jogged over to us.

'How come my room still isn't done?' I asked him.

'I wonder.' He smirked. 'I might have convinced Gally to do his other jobs first.' He innocently said.

'Are you serious? Why?!'

'So the two love birds would have some time together.' Minho smirked.

'What?' I said feeling my cheeks get red.

'You know what I mean.'

I looked at Newt and saw that his face was also turning red.

'Yeah, you Shank.' Newt walked away to Alby.

'You like him don't you?' I turned around to see Minho again.

'What?' I asked.

'You like him.'

'No, I don't!'

'Oh, yes, you do. You like him and he likes you.'

'What?' I asked. 'He likes me?' I repeated.

'I knew it! If you didn't like him you wouldn't care that he liked you.'

Does Newt actually like me? Do I like him?

It was getting dark and I saw Minho lighting the fire. Frypan had made food just like he did at every bonfire. Multiple jars of Gally's drink were also placed on a table.

'Hey.' I looked up and saw Newt sitting next to me. We both sat with our back against a tree looking at the fire.

'Hey.' I said.

'How are you doing?' Newt broke the silence.

'I'm alright.' I said. 'You too?'

'Yeah.' He smiled at me with his big brown eyes. His eyes and smile are so beautiful, and he looks so cute- Stop! I thought to myself.

'Here you go.' Newt handed me a jar and our hands touched, giving me a warm feeling all over my body.

'Thanks.' I took a sip of the drink.

'You know you really make me happy.' Newt suddenly said.

'What?' I asked.

'You know, since the moment I met you I've really liked you. You just make the maze seem less awful.'

'Really?' I looked in his eyes and smiled.

'Yeah.' Newt drank some of the liquid in the jar.

'I like you too.' I said not sure what I meant with it. I mean I liked Newt as a friend, but maybe even more than that.

~

A/n: Does anyone know any good Newt x reader fanfics? Thanks!

There is another Newt x Reader fanfic on my account, called 'Redamancy' btw!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 649 98
"I know it's hard to believe, but I never wanted this. I didn't mean to go this far. I only wanted the pain to stop." After waking up in the Maze, Y...
322K 10.4K 73
Jane is put in the maze as the first girl, but she has different intentions than the others. At first, she doesn't remember anything except for her n...
193K 3.6K 12
When Y/N wakes up in a box with no recollection of her past life, she is greeted by a large group of boys, surrounded in the maze. She quickly makes...
33.6K 454 36
To say that the Gladers were extremely confused once they realized who was sent up in the lift this time, was a complete exaggeration. The gladers di...