~Back In The Game~

MsAnimeDolphin által

What happens when a girl who loves volleyball joins a boys' volleyball club? Does she find love? Will she rel... Több

~Chapter One~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
Not An Update
Another Non-Update
Good News!!
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty-One~
~Chapter Twenty-Two~
~Chapter Twenty-Three~
~Chapter Twenty-Four~
~Chapter Twenty-Five~
~Chapter Twenty-Six~
~Chapter Twenty-Seven~

~Chapter Two~

283 6 1
MsAnimeDolphin által

-Last Time-

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" the orange-haired boy yelled while pointing at the black-haired boy.

--

Surprised by the sudden appearance of the boy you step back as a reflex. You look between the two before the orange-haired boy yelled again.

"Kageyama Tobio!" There's a few seconds of awkward silence before the black-haired boy, who you now know is Kageyama, speaks up.

"You, I saw you last year, I don't remember your name." You sweatdrop at his honest statement.

"Hinata Shoyo! That's my name and don't you forget it!" the orange-haired boy says nervously. "I bet you don't remember a team you beat in the first round, but-"

"No, I remember you," Kageyama said with no emotion. "You're the short kid who sucked." he continued as he glared at Hinata. You shiver at the face as you stand off to the side not wanting to get involved.

"Y-You can't make fun of me anymore!" Hinata stated with a slightly trembling voice. "Why are you here at Karasuno when there are better schools that are considered powerhouses?"

"I applied to one of those schools... but I was rejected."

"How could 'The King of the Court' get rejected?!"

"I'm only going to tell you this once.." Kageyama began while looking down casting a shadow over his eyes, "don't call me that!" he finished as he looked at Hinata with a look that could kill. You and Hinata took a step back while having a shiver run down your spine.

"Who woulda thunk that Kitagawa Diiachi's star setter would come to Karasuno?" a new voice questioned. At the mention of the school, you remembered something.

-Flashback-

You're sitting in the city gymnasium waiting for the next match to begin. Seeing the two teams walk onto the court made you scoot to the edge of your seat. They started warming up and your eyes sparkled watching them. Noticing one team was practicing spikes you immediately focused on them. You saw a boy with black hair setting the ball to his teammate. You excitedly watched with anticipation as the ball headed to the spiker. Ready for the impact of the ball hitting the floor you smiled, but to your dismay the spiker missed. Suddenly hearing the faint yelling on the court, by what you assumed to be the setter by his body language, you frowned.

"That's not how you treat your teammates." you quietly said to yourself.

The sound of the whistle pulled you out of your thoughts and back to the game. The players lined up, bowed, thanked each other then got into their positions. You didn't notice the three older boys arriving until you heard the nickname, 'The King of the Court.' Focusing on their conversation, yes you knew eavesdropping is wrong but you couldn't help it, you heard one of them explain who he was.

"Kitagawa Daiichi's setter, Kageyama. He's wearing the number two jersey. His sets are precise and on point. He can also block and serve great. He can score a lot of points on his own. Add that to superior athleticism and natural instinct for volleyball, and he's a king who rules the court." explained the dark-haired male to the other two.

"He looks like a jerk," sneered the one with a shaved head. You tried to suppress your laugh but a snicker escaped causing the three to tense knowing they had been caught gossiping. They looked behind them to see you with your hand over your mouth while shaking trying to keep your laugh in. Noticing they heard you and are now looking at you, you froze. Eyes slowly widening you bowed your head quickly apologizing for listening to their conversation.

"N-No it's okay, you don't need to apologize." the gray-haired male said frantically, slightly waving his hands.

You looked up at them sheepishly. The sound of the whistle brought all of your guy's attention back to the game. You watched as Yukigaoka's number five fell backward after receiving the opposing team's serve. You cringed and hissed as it looked like it hurt. Seeing the set sent to number one you got excited only to be left with your jaw on the floor when he jumped.

"Woah..." you whispered as you looked at him with stars in your eyes, making the three beside you look at you with smiles.

His spike was blocked but you still found it amazing. You continued to watch the game until one of the males spoke up.

"If Yukigaoka had a proper setter then number one could be way more efficient." the other two agreed by humming yeah in response.

"Actually.. even if he had a proper setter he wouldn't be able to do much in his current state." The males looked at you curiously not saying a word as a sign to continue. Never taking your eyes off the court you continued, "By the looks of it, he's the only one on his team that is completely serious about volleyball. The others play different sports or haven't been involved in volleyball long. He would need training from someone that will be honest with him about his skills because, by the way, that he is playing right now, he loves volleyball with all his heart and will do anything to get better and keep playing.'' The three next to you just looked at you with surprise because you gathered all the information from watching him play. Glancing at the gawking teens you immediately blushed.

"U-Uh... sorry about that, it happens sometimes."

"It's okay," they all said in unison and then turned back to the game trying to rack their brains around how you did that. Watching as the score kept getting wider and wider you couldn't help but feel bad for the orange-haired boy. Suddenly, after he hit the ball that their 'setter' set, he flew into a bench with a crash. You stood up and rushed to the railing to see if he was badly hurt. Thankfully when you saw him get up you relaxed until the referee blew the whistle indicating that the spike was out and that Kitagawa Daiichi won. You looked at the boy's sad expression and decided to leave before it got worse. 'I can't see that expression again' you thought as you quietly left with your eyes on the floor.

-Flashback End-

Your eyes widened in realization. Quickly, you turn your attention to Hinata and Kageyama instead of the approaching upperclassmen.

"No way!" you yelled catching the attention of the two males in front of you as well as the three that had just entered the gym. "There's no way that you two are the ones I'm thinking of! You..." you said pointing to Hinata, "You're Yukigaoka's number one, the one with amazing jumps!"

"Y-Yea that's me..." Hinata said shyly while blushing.

"And you..." you said while motioning to Kageyama, "You're Kitagawa Diiachi's number two!" Kageyama was speechless. 'How could a cute girl like her know who I am?' he thought but was interrupted when you walked up to him with a serious face. The change from happy admiration to seriousness scared all the boys. You stopped in front of him and looked him in the eyes not noticing the blush on his face. You stood there for a second before lightly punching him in the stomach, to which he bent down. The other four boys froze as they watched, what they thought was a sweet girl, just punch a guy who is seven inches taller than her, in the stomach. When he bent down to hold his stomach you grabbed his ear and made him look at you at eye level.

"Just because a spiker doesn't hit your set, DOES NOT give you the right to yell at them! You can't yell at your teammates because they don't do EVERYTHING you expect of them! If I EVER hear or see you pull that sh!t again I will NOT hesitate to kick your a$$! Do you understand?!"

"Y-Yes m-ma'am." Kageyama whimpers.

"Good."

Letting go of his ear you look at the others and see a mixture of reactions. You see Hinata is scared, the buzz-cut male seems to have heart eyes, and the brunette and grey-haired boy are shocked. You stand there looking between them before you chuckle and sheepishly apologize.

"Sorry, I just don't like it when people treat others badly, especially in volleyball..." It was silent until the boy with the buzz cut got down on his knees and started praying.

"I THANK WHATEVER GOD THAT SENT THIS BADASS ANGEL TO US! PLEASE HAVE HER JOIN THE CLUB! I WILL FOREV-" he was cut off by the brunette karate chopping his head. You looked at him on the floor crying saying something about how lucky he is.

"Sorry about him. He does this whenever a cute girl is around him." the brunette said while rubbing the back of his neck embarrassingly.

"I-It's okay, but will he be okay?" you ask while looking at him worriedly.

"Oh yeah he'll be fine," he assured you. "I'm Sawamura Daichi a third year, this is Sugawara Koushi also a third year, and the one on the floor is Tanka Ryunoskue a second year."

"I'm (L/N) (Y/N) a first year. It's nice to meet you," you say bowing.

"It's nice to meet you too (L/N)-san," Sugawara says.

"Please just call me (Y/N)."

"Okay then you can call me Suga," he says smiling.

"Alright!"

The upperclassmen then went to the two first-years to introduce themselves. You just stood to the side watching them. Hinata and Kageyama started yelling at each other which made you disappointed but not surprised. About to walk up to them you noticed the vice principal enter. That's when Hinata challenged Kageyama in a Serve/Recieve test to show he's gotten better since middle school.

The vice principal walked up to Daichi asking and saying things about how the first-years weren't listening. Suga and Tanaka tried to get them to stop but it wasn't doing anything.

"I wouldn't bother, they are both stubborn beyond belief," you say walking up to them. Both boys looked at you surprised because it seemed like you came out of nowhere. Hinata and Kageyama then started their 'challenge' with Kageyama serving and Hinata receiving. The first serve bounced off the orange-haired boy's arms before hitting him in the face before he fell to the ground.

"You haven't changed at all!" Kageyama scolded.

"ONE MORE!" Hinata yelled. While Kageyama got ready to serve he had an extremely frightening face. Being pissed off, he hit the ball with more force than the first one. Before you could register what happened the vice principal got hit in the face with the volleyball. His toupee went flying off his head. Everyone had different expressions, Tanka was amused, Suga was frightened, Hinata and Kageyama were surprised, Daichi looked like he was about to go dig his own grave, and you were standing there with your hands over your mouth and your eyes wide. We all watched the toupee fly like it was in slow motion as it landed on Daichi's head. Kageyama and Hinata started talking about how the vice principal's hair was fake, Suga was worried about Daichi, Tanaka was trying to scold the first-year boys but failing miserably because he was trying not to laugh, and you were shaking while trying not to laugh at the way Daichi looked and his reaction. Tanaka didn't help either. The vice principal told Daichi to follow him with a dark aura around him.

As soon as they left, you burst out laughing. Holding your stomach and dropping to the floor from laughing so hard caught the attention of the boys.

"D-Did you guys see the way Daichi looked in the toupee?!" you said while laughing. "His face was priceless!! I wish I got a picture!"

The boys looked at you as if you were the cutest thing in the world. Tanaka then joined in on the laughing with Hinata not far behind. Suga tried to stop us but ended up lightly laughing. Kageyama was so confused about what was so funny since he didn't see Daichi because he was too focused on arguing with Hinata. He did have the smallest of smiles while watching you laugh. All of a sudden the gym door slammed open making all of you stop laughing and turn to see Daichi.

"We won't be punished as long as we forget about the toupee," he said with a disappointed face from seeing us laughing. He then scolded the first years for not working as a team and kicked them out of the gym until they could learn to be teammates.

"WHAT?!" they screamed from outside.

-To Be Continued-

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

155K 3.8K 18
FANTASIZE ABOUT YOUR VOLLEYBALL DORKS AND DON'T BE ASHAMED (I do not own Haikyuu!! or you)
318K 5.6K 29
You are Hinata's childhood bestfriend. You guys grow up together until you move to America in middle school. Now you are back to Japan, you will atte...
1M 22.8K 31
Yandere Haikyuu Boys x Female Reader you are the little sister of Kiyoko and you have just moved back in with your sister and mother. You switch sch...
435K 14.4K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...