The One Who Came

By BitchyCookies

Alpha Ivan Black is tired of waiting for his mate. He has spent 8 long years in the midst of loneliness which... More

Introduction
Chapters in order
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 47

677 37 4
By BitchyCookies

Chapter dedicate to A-R-Barbara. Continue to vote and comment, we love to read them!

(Phew, this chapter has been sitting in the drafts for two days cause I forgot to post, sorry about that)

Warning: Medical inaccuracies (Because I'm still in school and it's fantasy...duh)

--------------- 

Today, Ivan is finally coming home. 

Karter woke up early to set up everything for his mate. He knew he would want to take a shower and sit in his office for a while, so he prepared his clothes, and organized everything in the office. His workaholic mate can't be reasoned with, that much was apparent from the looks of things. He was nervous, very nervous. Ivan was not going to like what Karter has been doing, running around fighting everyone. Alex and Killian were on edge as well, and for good reason as well. 

The alarm went off and he got ready to bring his mate back home. He mind-linked everyone and they gave confirmation that everything was ready. He wanted to have some happy moments before he dropped the bombshell on the Alpha. He sighed nervously and put on a smile. He left the mansion and walked to the hospital. There he saw Ivan sitting up to try and shift. The doctors were already in case something went wrong. Karter greeted his mate with a kiss on his furry face and smiled.

'Ready?' He asked and ran his hand through his head to soothe him. Ivan snorted and rolled his eyes with a funny smile on his face.

'No papa, walk me through it.' Karter laughed and shook his head at his ridiculous remark. He then flicked him between his eyes and Ivan let out a mock growl. All of them watched anxiously as he started to shift. He was wincing after a minute or so, but everyone gasped when he fully shifted to his man's body. The Omega's eyes watered but he refused to let the tears fall, today was a happy day, and that's it. There were big and small scars that littered Ivan's body, he also seemed to have lost some of his muscles as he was bedridden for a while. The Alpha looked up at Karter and he kissed his forehead with a whispered good job. 

"I love you so much." The Omega whispered in his ear, hugged his head, and sighed in relief. Ivan could feel Karter's emotions through their bond and all he could sense was adoration, happiness, and love for him. The Alpha smiled a kissed his mate's arm that was holding him.

"I love.. you more." Ivan's coarse voice filled Karter's ears and he would've cried right there if it wasn't for his resolution of 'no tears today'. Karter let go of him after a moment and encouraged him to stand up after he got him a glass of water. Ivan got up with Karter supporting him by his side and when he saw that he could stand fine, he slowly started to let go. Ivan smiled to himself and lifted his foot. He took a step but immediately stumbled back from pain. 

"Shit!" He shouted and held his leg which was throbbing in intense pain. Karter gasped and the doctor swarmed the Alpha to take a look. Dorothy instantly ordered an X-ray and started the preparations. Karter came to sit beside Ivan and rubbed his back. An assistant doctor brought a gown to Ivan for the X-ray and Karter helped him into it. They also gave him shorts and a black t-shirt for later. They ran the X-ray and went in to discuss the results; Karter stayed with Ivan to comfort him. He knew how small his mate was feeling as if he couldn't even walk on his own.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sure you'll be better in no time, darling." The Omega held his hand and rested his head on his shoulder. Karter took in his mate's comforting scent (Ew, he hasn't showered....) and comforted him. Ivan frowned at his inability to do this mundane thing, but he knew he needed time to heal completely. He put his head on top of his mate's and nodded. They waited until the doctors came in. The Luna stood up and looked at them expectantly. 

"It looks like it'll take time for the Alpha's leg to heal. I cannot say that it will not leave any permanent damage as we will need to take into account your healing ability and the severity of the injury. As you know Alpha that your bone was crushed and we had to perform surgery. We tried our best, but for now, we will have to wait and see." Dorothy explained and gave them a sad smile. No one spoke for a while as they were taking in the news. 

"I'm not saying that it will happen, I'm just saying we should be prepared. The bone is not broken anymore, but it's not fully healed. I will give you painkillers for when the pain is intense, and I'm afraid for the time being you'll have to use this." An assistant brought in a forearm crutch with made Ivan's face scrunch up in annoyance as he looked at the object. Karter saw his mate's uneasiness and grew worried. 

"Vania, it's okay. I will help you through it and it's only for a little while. Right, Dorothy?" Karter pleaded with his mate who going through a dilemma by the look on his face. Dorothy came to his aid and nodded her head.

"Yes, Alpha. This is only until you stop feeling pain, which should be soon because of your amazing healing ability." She added in hope. Ivan finally sighed and nodded his head in acceptance. He stood up and the assistant helped him into the crutch. It felt foreign, and he felt dependent on it, which was not going well with his Alpha pride. But he sucked it up for his mate who was already worried for his well-being. Ivan kissed the top of Karter's head who was hugging his side and gave him a comforting yet a 'save me' smile. Karter giggled and gave him a peck. Ivan leaned on him and started walking outside of the hospital. The Alpha kissed the top of Karter's head who was hugging his side. He leaned on him and started walking outside the hospital.

As they were walking, the people came to greet and congratulate them. They were all overjoyed at their Alpha's fast recovery and they made sure to let him know how proud they were of him. Ivan was glad that he could meet his pack members after so long and they looked happy, which in turn made him happy and satisfied that his Beta has been working hard. Karter led his mate to their mansion and grew excited. Ivan was confused about why his mate was feeling that way all of a sudden but soon found out the reason when they opened the door and a bunch of over-excited, happy faces shouted at them. 

"Welcome home, Alpha!! We missed you!" Ivan let out a small gasp (a manly one), with his eyes wide open when he looked at the scene. The mansion was decorated with balloons, ribbons, and confetti of soft colors like pink, yellow, white, and blue. A big sign of 'Ivy has risen!' plastered on the wall was staring right at him in mockery. He sighed, that was definitely the work of his Beta. His parents, in-laws, Alex, Killian, and Sofia were all wearing big party hats with his goofy face on them, they were smiling ear to ear, genuinely happy to welcome him. Karter smiled up at him and nudged him to walk in when he just stood there gaping staring at his family in surprise. After exchanging the greeting and tight hugs, well some tears were in the works too, Ivan sat down on his 'throne' of a big chair doused in pink decorations. It was common knowledge that he despised that color on him, but he wore it for his mate after some (a lot) begging. 

Anna made Ivan's favorite foods, which got her some Alpha tears after he admitted how much he missed her cooking after that despicable hospital food. William coddled his baby to the point Lucas had to physically pull him away from him. Well, truth to be told, he pulled Will away so he could coddle him now, it was his turn. Ivan was smothered to suffocation that day and it made him remember all the times he had to endure this treatment as a kid. He shuddered at the thought and pushed Lucas away saying 'I'm not a kid anymore'. Everyone laughed at the scene and started eating. The food was amazing as always and they made small talk at the table, leaving out all the depressing information for later. Karter, Alex, and Killian passed glances throughout the meal and kept an eye on Ivan. 

After dinner, they all sat around drinking and enjoying each other's company. They were celebrating the fact that everyone was healthy and safe. Karter and Ivan cuddled on a loveseat while Kill and Alex fought over if the Beta said 'Uno' or not. They were the last ones remaining in the game and to Alex's misfortune, Ivan confirmed that he most definitely didn't say 'Uno', to which Killian fist-bumped the air and put his last card down. The game ended with Alex calling Killian 'Sir' for the next two days. After the evening ended, Sofia helped Karter wash dishes while everyone cleaned up the house. They took down all the decorations and cleared the living room as it was before. Everyone bade goodbye to the couple and Sofia. She excused herself and went to her room. 

"Come on, let's go to our room too." Ivan motioned Karter to help him up and he happily obliged. They took the stairs, which the Alpha was dreading all night, but with his mate by his side, he didn't mind it too much. As a cheeky move, Ivan put almost all of his weight on his mate. Knowing this, Karter didn't even flinch and supported him to their room. Ivan seemed surprised, to which the Omega gave him a wink. 

"As much as I want you to rest, I have to get rid of this smell from your body if I want to sleep tonight," Karter said as he brought over a big bowl filled with soapy water and a piece of cloth. He added some unscented oils that Ivan loved, while the Alpha stared at him.  

"Do I stink that much?" Ivan asked as he started to sniff around his body. He made a disgusted face when he realized his mate was right. He stank of medications and antiseptics. He happily obliged his mate to clean him. 

"I can do this myself baby, you must be tired." The Alpha said and kissed his hair. Karter continued with his task without even considering his offer.

"No way, I want to do it. It's been a while since I have touched you like this. Let me have my fill." He smiled and worked his mate's body washing with clean water next. Ivan felt refreshed, thankful that his mate was so thoughtful. Karter took a small shower and joined Ivan in bed.

"Do you want me to bring your pills?" He asked as he went to lie down but stopped. 

"No, I don't feel any pain right now. Come back here." Ivan said as he pulled his arm and the Omega fell. Ivan winched when he fell on his bad leg. Karter gasped.

"Ivan! What the hell!" He suddenly got up and started inspecting his leg. Ivan sat there in surprise. Was this the first time his mate yelled at him like that? He was stunned.

"What if you hurt yourself? The doctors said to be careful." His eyes widened as he fretted over Ivan. 

"Hey, hey. It's okay, love. I'm okay. It didn't hurt. I'm sorry, okay? Come here." He pulled him up gently this time and placed the Omega's head on his chest. He patted his head and tried to comfort him. Karter relaxed and knew he was overreacting. 

Karter lay down on Ivan and released a sigh. He knew he had to get it over with but wanted to wait as well. He was conflicted. 

"Van... tomorrow, I have to tell you something. I think we'll need to go to the office to have a meeting. Do you think you'll be up for it?" Karter hesitated but Ivan laughed. 

"Of course, I'll go. What are you so anxious about?" He said and sensed something wrong with his mate but didn't want to force him, not now at least.

"Nothing, I'll tell you tomorrow." He yawned. "Good night, I love you." The Omega pecked his lips and fell back on his chest. He instantly fell asleep due to not sleeping properly for a long time. Ivan kissed the top of his head and started snoring soon. 

-----

Karter was the first one to wake up. He blinked rapidly for a moment, turned his head to face Ivan, and proceeded to stare at his mate. He couldn't believe he was home. He was scared to wake up disappointed just like he did every morning. But not today, today he was wrapped around his mate in contentment. He smiled at him and got up. 

He felt a certain pang of anxiety when he remembered what was happening today. He pushed it aside and went to freshen up. He mind-linked Sofia for a light breakfast for him and Ivan. After getting ready in about 15 minutes, he started to wake up Ivan. 

The Alpha woke up with a big smile on his face when he saw his mate standing over him. Karter helped him with his daily tasks and took out his clothes. He picked a black, full-sleeve compression shirt, gray slacks, and black loafers for his mate. No jewelry today, since Ivan doesn't like wearing them much. After getting ready, they went down to eat breakfast. Karter ate a full bowl of fruit and feta cheese salad and Ivan took some grilled chicken, orange juice, and a salad on the side. They enjoyed the food alongside Sofia, who got herself some chicken salad as well. After bidding her goodbyes, they started their journey toward Ivan's office. 

His office was filled with people, Alex, Kill, Lucas, William, Milo, and Andra were present. He instantly felt the pressure and went rigid as he entered. He felt Karter tense up by his side and he made the move to hold his hand. The Omega's hands were cold and clammy, which made him raise his guard and he went totally Alpha mode. He sat down on his seat and everyone stood up and tilt their heads in greeting. He nodded and they sat down on their seats. Karter to his left and Alex to his right, with Killian sitting by Alex with Milo. On Karter's right sat William, Lucas, and Andra. After a moment of silence, Ivan spoke up. 

"So, what happened?" He spoke with a stern voice that made Karter shiver and everyone shift their eyes nervously. The temperature of the room went cold and Alex stood up to explain everything.

"Alpha, after the attack happened, you went unconscious, and the news that we have been weakened spread throughout the area. An Alpha named Silas Brown came to challenge us for your position, which we were going to refuse at first, but because of our image and position, we accepted. I was ready to fight when Luna Karter stopped me to fight Silas himself. We discussed that it is not a good idea, but because of his worry for you and the pack, he was unshakeable. Nevertheless, it was my fault for letting him go. I apologize." Alex let out a breath. Ivan stared at his Beta and then his mate. He didn't speak for a while, which made everyone more nervous about what was to come. The air around him was suddenly tense, making Karter shrink in his chair. The Alpha drew his glare back at his Beta and finally spoke.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" He paused. "Tell me, Alexander, did I leave you in charge so you could go and throw my mate in danger? Answer me!" He shouted the last phrase and everyone gasped. He was seriously pissed.  

"Ivan I-" Karter interrupted but was shut down by the vicious glare his Alpha gave him. 

"I'm sorry. I know I'm in the wrong, but you know I can't do anything with your mate taking over the pack in my stead. I have to go with whatever decision he makes. My hands were tied." Alex explained and trembled from all the pressure he could feel. Yes, he was a Beta, but there was no way he could withstand his Alpha when he was this angry. 

"We were all there, Ivan. Karter was confident in his ability and we would have done anything to save him, no matter the consequences. Don't be so hard on him, we were all involved." William admitted and looked at his son anxiously. Everyone in the room nodded solemnly. 

"Do I have to spell it out for you that I'm disappointed in all of you? You were all there and you couldn't hold off a single person? This is what my orders mean to you all!? I fought with my life on line, so my mate can be safe. But I wake up, you have the nerve to tell me you let him fight in a duel that could get him seriously injured or even dead. How am I supposed to react to this?" He ranted in anger and looked at each of their faces. Karter sat with his face down, on the verge of crying. He was biting his lip to hold off his tears so that it doesn't upset his mate even more.

Everyone stayed quiet and let him calm down for a moment. When there was no reply, he sighed in exhaustion and frowned. 

"What else?" He added. This time Killian stood up to explain the situation. He talked about how they found the Alpha wolves wandering around and they attacked them head-on. He left the graphic details of Karter's fight and just mentioned he was involved in the fight too. Ivan glared at him at the mention of his mate but didn't react much because it was a group fight. All the warriors vowed to protect him so he wasn't that worried, but a duel for the position was a different matter. In that fight he was alone, no interference was allowed, even if the person died. 

He further explained the incident with the two wolves where Karter invaded their memories and got information on the mysterious dude. Because no one was aware of this, everyone was surprised and looked at Karter whose head was still bowed down. Ivan was surprised but didn't show on his face. If not for the previous matter, he would have kissed his mate senselessly at such a shocking show of power. He stayed quiet and let him explain everything. After the explanation, Kill sat down and waited for a response from his Alpha. 

"And, what did you do to counter it?" He asked in a monotone voice. He wanted to think about the next steps but he just couldn't get his mate out of his mind. He couldn't help but think about his mate lying there heavily injured asking for his help. He shook his head and looked up at his head warrior. Killian replied instantly. 

"We have been monitoring Simon's pack since we got the information. We have no clue about the mysterious man, Karter didn't see his face well to remember it. We have been looking for him based on the description, but we have nothing on that yet. However, we have seen that not only Simon, but some of his pack members are looking strangely devoid of life. They are dazed and zombie-like. We have concluded that it is probably because of that 'man'. Otherwise, we have seen no suspicious activity." He sat down after Ivan nodded. He thought for a while and spoke with decisiveness. 

"Continue the surveillance and inform me immediately if something happens. We need to see how many are involved in this or if other packs are having the same problems. It started happening after we announced Karter's powers, so it could be linked to that as well. No one is allowed to leave the pack alone or unsupervised, always go in pairs or more if necessary. Alex, get me all the paperwork related to it. Killian, start training the warriors to prepare for any attacks we may face. Andra, take your group and start patrolling the borders 24/7, raise the security, no exceptions. Milo, keep watch on the other packs and find out if they have the same symptoms as Simon's pack, get intel. Papa, take Karter and look after the Omegas and the kids. Halt your projects until we come out of this problem. Dad, try to contact the Council and inform them and get any information about this issue." He ranted while deep in thought. Everyone looked at him with wide eyes, they felt a sense of security and ease that only their Alpha could give. They got up one by one and bowed their heads and left, leaving only Ivan and Karter behind. 

Karter waited anxiously for his Alpha to say something to him about his recklessness or how he was so stupid to fight an Alpha all on his own. But he got nothing. Ivan got up and left without looking at him. Karter stayed seated, in confusion. Then it hit him, he suddenly felt such disappointment and anger from their bond that he lost his breath. It was coming from Ivan. He was disappointed in his Omega. He was boiling with rage but he said nothing. Karter gasped but he couldn't breathe. He was panicking.

'Karter! Breathe, it's okay. He loves you. He is angry because you put yourself in danger. You know how worried he was for you all this time. He loves you, Kar. It's okay.' Percy pleaded with him. He knew he had to get Karter to understand that Ivan was not angry with him, he was angry that he wasn't there to protect him.  

'I know, I know! That he is angry at himself. But I...I'm the reason-' Karter replied but got cut off by Percy. 

'Yes, you know we messed up. He is not in a good head space after the attack and he is stressed about the pack as well. Don't worry. We have to stay by him and support him. Pull yourself together. You are not weak anymore.' Percy said firmly and Karter slowly started understanding what he meant. He has to be there for his mate in this difficult time. With that in mind, he brushed the tears off his face, took a deep breath, and walked out of the office.

There's no way I'm leaving you alone.

END. 

So, that concludes the first part of the story! The plot is finally picking up and I feel like I have said the same thing in the other chapters. What are your predictions now that you have a feel of things? Lemme know!!

Any complaints or grammar corrections here. 

Happy reading!

-Meeri.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

928K 36.3K 45
Presley had it all, a loving family, great support, a great pack behind him. One thing he didn't have was his mate by his side. After seven years of...
16.7M 633K 81
Book #1: The Mated Series Julian Heil, known for his intelligence and calm exterior. As the future alpha of the Black Moon Pack, he only cares about...
134K 6K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
362K 14.3K 44
Worlds collide when Elliot Lockwood, an Omega werewolf, moves into a different pack at 17. Born of warrior parents, he was raised to believe his bree...