Kiss the Girl

By AngelDaelCruz

Kristina moves into New York with hopes that she can start over again, moving from city to city to escape fro... More

Chapter 1 "THE BAR"
Chapter 2 "Jessie"
Chapter 3 "Fragments"
Chapter 4 "Blue Eyes"
Chapter 5
Author's Note: 100 Reads :)
Chapter 6 "BREAKFAST"
Chapter 7 "RAIN CHECK"
Chapter 8 "THE SONG"
Chapter 9 "THE 22ND STREET"
Chapter 10 "CONFUSION"
Chapter 11 "SUDDENLY"
Chapter 12 "RED VELVET"
Chapter 13 "THE COMING OUT PARTY"
Chapter 14 "THE MIRROR, THE SIGN AND A HERO"
Chapter 15 "STAINED GLASS"
Chapter 16 "One Step Closer Part 1"
Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"
Chapter 18 "Sí"
Chapter 20 "BURLESQUE"
Chapter 21 "I dropped my bagel"
Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"
Chapter 23 "MISTAKEN IDENTITY"
Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"
Chapter 25 " A Christmas Carol"
Chapter 26 "Doubt"
Chapter 27 "Christine, I love you"
Chapter 28 "Giving Up"
Chapter 29 "Stranger"
Chapter 30 "Opening Up Wounds"
Chapter 31 "A Girl Named Zita"
Chapter 32 "Be Brave"
Chapter 33 "Cut and Run"
Chapter 34 "Devil Take the Hindmost"
Chapter 35 "My Salvation"
Chapter 36 "Wise Men Say..."
Chapter 37 "Break It To Me Gently"
Chapter 38 "The Wedding"
Author's Note
Author's note

Chapter 19 "Falling Slowly"

5.6K 228 27
By AngelDaelCruz

As I place my headphones on my ears, I started to look for an upbeat song on my phone just to get me excited for mopping up the floors. It's almost closing time and later on Jessie and I will have dinner at our apartment. Yes, our apartment. She moved in with me a couple of days ago and it's been fun! The apartment is a mess right now and Jessie's thing are all over the place. She promised that she will organize her things on the weekend. Well, I hope she does.

"Make sure all the dirt from under the tables are spick and span!" Yelled Carol while eyeing us all.

Yeah, yeah... we heard you the first time, Carol. Dios mio! Why is she like that? She knows we're doing a good job yet she doesn't patronizes us. Typical boss.

Suddenly, Ginny gazed her attention outside the window with a puzzled look on her face. I got curious so I turned off my music and took off my head phones and started to look outside too.

We saw an expensive looking car who's about to park in front of the café.

"Who's car is that?", asked Ginny.

Carol peeked and got all excited. We all stared at Carol as she dances the Macarena.

"What are you excited about?" asked Lizzy.

"Why don't you all look again outside." Said Carol happily.

Ginny's jaw dropped when she saw who came out of the car.

"Oh my freakin'..." said Ginny covering her mouth.

Then everyone from the café started to peek outside as well. They were all squealing like a baby pig.

"I can't see anything. Get out of the way." I said.

"Quick! Let's all act natural!" said one of my co-workers.

They all ran to their work stations as I was left there with a dumbfounded look on my face. What gives?

The bell on the café's door rang as this handsome looking fellow entered.

Oh my God! It's AJ Kingsley. She has a new look, her hair is much shorter now. This attention-grabbing hairstyle is tight on the sides and styled high and forward on top. It looks good on her and she's quite formal now... she's wearing a pair of black leather shoes and a pair of black slacks, topped with a long sleeved light blue polo shirt which can really bring out her cerulean eyes and her favorite leather jacket. My jaw just dropped. Wow!

"Oh my darling baby! Have you come here to eat?" asked Carol.

"It's seems you're closing." Said AJ taking off her glasses and placing it on the side pocket of her polo.

"None sense! Come and sit down and the girls will prepare something for you." Carol scouted the room and saw me. "Kristina, dear, would you mind asking Hannah to cook a meal for my niece?"

Yes, I do mind Carol. It's CLOSING TIME!!!! I have to meet Jessie. I rolled my eyes as I went to the kitchen and asked Hannah for AJ's meal.

That prick! All of a sudden she shows up when it's closing time??? Who does that??

"What's up with your face? You seemed pissed" asked Hannah.

"I wanna go home so that I could take a shower and get dressed because Jessie and I will be having dinner later on." I said as I cross my arms.

"Oh yeah... speaking of Jessie... I heard you're a couple now. Hmm... I thought-"

"Thought what?" I asked.

"I thought you didn't liked her. I thought it was her best friend that you liked."

I scrunched up my eye brows and looked away. Yeah I used to... but now I'm all about Jessie Andrews. Only Jessie... Jessie, Jessie, Jessie.

"Remember when I asked you to go to the third floor and I handed you that candy bar?" asked Hannah with a smile.

"Yeah? What about it?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face.

"Well... I got it all mixed up. I thought AJ was there 'cause I heard they we're holding auditions. I didn't know it was supposed to be a few days later. So instead of AJ... you saw Jessie rehearsing with the dancers. That candy bar I gave you, it was AJ's favorite. She used to come into the kitchen and asked if I bought her what she asked for. I have a lot of candy bars stashed away. You want some?"

I didn't know how to respond at Hannah's revelations... but one thing is for sure, I was meant to see Jessie that day.

"Here. Take this to our beloved customer." Said Hannah handing me a tray of AJ's meal and the candy bar.

I walked out of the kitchen and placed AJ's meal on her table. She didn't say anything 'cause she was looking through her messages on her phone. I shook my head and started to mop again on the other side of the room.

"Eat well, my darling." Said Carol pinching AJ's cheeks.

"Right. By the way, Aunt Carol, where's Jessie? I have to talk to her."

"She's upstairs rehearsing." I suddenly answered.

AJ glanced at me and frowned.

Why is she frowning??? Wow! Just wow! That arrogant... Ugh!!!

Later on, AJ stood up after she finished eating. I know for sure she ate her favorite candy bar. She went upstairs to see Jessie.

Hmm... I wonder what are they gonna talk about?

"Rodriguez! You've been mopping that same floor for about 30 minutes now!" Yelled Carol. "Look!" she pointed.

Great... My mind is drifting off again.

"Thanks, buddy! I'll talk to her today, for sure." Said Jessie coming down from the stairs followed by AJ.

"Alright then. Make sure you do." Said AJ.

Jessie hugged me from behind and kissed me on my cheeks.

"Babe, I have to tell you something." Said Jessie.

I faced Jessie and said, "What is it?"

"Well, AJ just informed me that my mom came by to my old apartment to find that I wasn't there. She tried calling me but I forgot to tell her I changed my number. So she called AJ. She wanted to meet me to a restaurant this evening to talk about something." Said Jessie.

"O-okay? So?" I asked.

"So, our dinner date tonight is cancelled 'cause of that. But don't worry, I'll tell her all about you and you'll meet her soon."

"I see."

"So is that okay?" Jessie asked while holding my hand.

"Yeah! No problem. I'll just meet you later tonight."

"Yeah... one more thing. I might sleep over at her house. 'Cause talking with my mom is an overnight thingy. I'll tell you all about it when I get home, okay? I love you." Jessie gave me a kiss and hugged me tight.

"Okay. I love you, too. Call me when you get there."

"I will."

Jessie headed out together with AJ.

"Well, well... Isn't that sweet. Now that the choreographer finished her lessons an hour early, it's time for someone to clean my rehearsal studio. I don't want it to smell like sweat. Kristina, I know you want to volunteer. So, here's your bucket, a cleaning clothe, this new detergent that I bought that kills 99.9% of bacteria, this air freshener that you can spray all over the room and I can see that you already have your mop. Now, all you need to do is go up and clean." Commanded Carol.

"But..."

"You'll do it, right?" said Carol with her do-it-or-you're-fired face.

"As if I have a choice."

"Good girl!" said Carol with a smile.

As I head up to the studio, I spoke every Spanish curse words I could think of. Why me? I'm so tired. I better get a big paycheck for this!

Once again, I enslaved myself into cleaning this ginormous room. Ay, Dios mio!

Hmm... it's been an hour. Why hasn't Jessie called yet? I hope she's okay. Gosh! Her mom's in town. I wonder what she's like. I saw a picture of her on one of Jessie's picture frame. She looks beautiful. Jessie said her mom's a doctor. Yikes! But I don't know yet what kind of doctor she is.

Well, the bottom line is I hope she likes me for her daughter. Jessie's an only child and her parents divorced a few years ago 'cause her dad cheated on her mom with three different women. It's really hard growing up without a father. I know I do. My Papa died long ago on a rally. He was shot right on his chest... I was a little girl back then, I pulled my Papa's unconscious body out of the streets and then my brothers took him to the hospital but it was too late. It was a sad day for us.

Well, at least... we're stable and we're safe. For now.

Suddenly, I heard someone opened the studio's door. When I looked back it was AJ looking so shock to find me here.

Oh God!

"I... I forgot my phone." She said.

"Oh, so that was yours. I placed it on top of the piano." I shakenly said.

"Th-thank you." Said AJ in a soft voice.

She grabbed her phone and put in inside her pocket.

"You're welcome."

She was about to head out when suddenly she stopped. Now what?

She walked towards me and looked me in the eye.

"Kristina, I've been wanting to apologize for my behavior from last time. It wasn't my place to say that to begin with and I'm sorry. I just got worried and it came out wrong. I hope you can forgive me. I will never do it again, I swear. I felt like... I should have been there and I got worked up by it so it all jumbled in my head... Again, I'm sorry."

I looked down 'cause again... I don't know what to say. Her eyes are so sad.

"As long as you don't do it again." I finally said.

"I promise. Friends?"

I smiled as I nod to her as an agreement.

"So anyway, why does my aunt kept making you clean this place up?" asked AJ as she heads to the piano.

"So that it won't smell like sweat." I said as I started to wipe the mirrored wall.

"I see."

AJ sat on the piano stool and open the hedge of the classical piano then she started playing a familiar piece.

"Hey, I know that song you're playing." I said.

"Oh? What's the title then?"

"Falling slowly from the Broadway musical 'Once'. It was originally an independent film." I informed.

She looked amazed with my knowledge with musicals and stuff.

"How come you know about a lot about this?" she asked.

"Because of my Mama. She likes musicals and so did I."

"Come and sing along with me." She smiled as she started to play again the beginning of the song.

I don't know you

But I want you

All the more for that

Words fall through me

And always fool me

And I can't react

And games that never amount

To more than they're meant

Will play themselves out

[Chorus]

Take this sinking boat and point it home

We've still got time

Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice

You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me

And I can't go back

Moods that take me and erase me

And I'm painted black

You have suffered enough

And warred with yourself

It's time that you won

[Chorus]

Falling slowly sing your melody

I'll sing along

For me that song was magical and for AJ making amends is the most wonderful feeling ever. I don't have to stay away from her anymore. I can be friends with her again.

I know I can...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 109 35
She moved all the way from Maine to a small town in Nebraska just as her senior year began. Thankfully, she managed to make two friends on her first...
104K 4.5K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
165K 5.9K 23
In life, there are many firsts. A first kiss. A first love. A first heartbreak. I, Sam, would like to share all of that with you, my life story. My l...
33.5K 2.2K 27
Abby has seen Sam four times over the last four years, and three of those times ended with a kiss on the cheek. But now, Abby is finally going to go...