Too Late

Od SaltySinner

I was your regret. You were the light that brightened the darkest corners, You were the heat that warmth my... Více

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44

24

42 1 0
Od SaltySinner

Marcia Pov

I enjoy waking up to music being played it sets the day especially from the hot and cold night from cruz. Calm day plays in my head.

He was powerful and everything I wanted but he stopped, dressed and left me, I wash the shit feelings and slept.

Mama wasn't happy about me moving out but I felt trapped and telling her and pops how I need to spread my wings and I'm a adult I need to provide for myself I can't live under their roof with their rules that I have always obeyed.

I know Cruz an Dario had their own place's because my mates would tell me all the gossip.

Sitting on the balcony looking out over the harbour the first glimpse of daybreak was beautiful the boats started for the first shift, traffic was bumper to bumper on the harbour Bridge, people looked like ants from my balcony.

I closed my eyes holding a mug of coffee and thanked my papa for loving us. I stay outside in the fresh morning air before the humidity picks up which it will Sydney weather is hot with a touch of bipolar. One minute it's scorching day the next it's raining.

My phone rings I look at whose calling. I furrow my brows as I place my mug on the table.

"hello?"

"marcia I need you, we need you right now I can't loose my son we just got you back and now he disappears"

The mug smashes on the tile floors as I stood up abruptly bumping the table hearing jojo hysteria.

"Jojo listen to me please"

"No no no he won't answer my calls Jay and the boys have gone looking for him"

"jojo breath and count down with me three"

I do it with her as I rush inside to throw on clothes to head into work I make under thirty minutes.

"now I need to go with the information you gave me and go collect my team and brief them I will get someone to call you every hour because I can't loose concentration ok?"

"mischief just find my son please"

Her cry for help shook me.

"I will got to go"

"we love you"

I walk into the building straight to my office and called a meeting.

"what's this about Mac I told you if-"

I stood up and walked to Cameron dropped the portfolio in front of him his eyes land on it. I looked at the nine people I trust and know they have my back.

"yes after this add another month he's worth it"

I walk back to my seat.

"ladies"

There were non as I looked around the meeting table.

"at zero six hundred hour I received a phone call from a women that I class as another mother calling me from new york that her son my childhood best friend had gone missing when his wife and him landed last night just after twenty - one hundred hours they were picked up by the husband older brother and dropped of at their residence the details are in the portfolio "

Lance raises a hand I nod to proceed.

"does this mean we will be travelling to new york ? "

"first we put out a call and find what information we can where he is and if we succeed to find his location from here I will personally drag him to his parents after I throttle him for the str-"

My phone rings shit I always turn it off all eyes land on jojos face that pops up.

"this is his mama one moment go through the portfolio ladies"

I swipe my phone to answer.

"mischief anything yet?"

Cam nods for me to take the call outside.

"you called as"

I left the meeting room to walk into an empty room

"as I was briefing the team jojo is there anything you can tell me what he was wearing did he have his smart watch on him or his phone to track him"

"I-I called Jess but she's a mess marcia this is serious she's pregnant and it's no good for the baby"

I lean against the wall to stop the floor from moving under me

"Marcy you there?"

I gather myself together.

"sorry just got a call coming through so he left after getting the news?"

"yes I didn't know when I called you till you told me to call Jess for more information so I did and demanded what happen between them they fought on their honeymoon mischief because she told levi she was pregnant I thought he'd be ecstatic"

I took a deep breath and thought back to when levi told me she's been on the pill and that she didn't want to fall pregnant in her twenties she wasn't ready to have a baby so he'd wear protection.

"this is good information"

"mischief that's not -"

Her concern voice was laced with anger that she never raised her voice at me before.

"jojo I ment as in he aint depressed he maybe confused"

"what are you talking about mischief what do you know that I don't"

I sigh and told her what levi told me what Jess told him.

"she what why would she say such a-"

"jojo I need to go look I need to focus on finding him you'll hear from a team member I need to go we are wasting time"

I was frustrated annoyed and upset that she didn't believe me.

"Oh yes I'll let you go"

I said goodbyes and walked back into the meeting room everyone had their laptops and on the table head down fingers flying across the keys.

Minutes turned into hours my phone was turned off after the hundredth call and messages from his concern family members that knew me and what I do for a living.

Their wedding was like a family reunion for ma and I it was good to see jojo and jays close families and how the cousins I grew up with were single or were parents.

They asked what happened and I told them half truth it wasn't their business but when they met pops they loved him more for taking care of me as his own and there was no more questions.

Kevin looked into levi's bank cards nothing.

Lance tracked his apple iwatch that's at the couples residence the phone its turned off.

Clive has been on the phone with his connection over in america sent out alert even if it hasn't been twenty four hour missing person we do what we can it's personal - Clive sent a recent photo of levi via email with his details.

Cam left for home he's getting old and told us to get some rest.

Max walks in "sent information to the airport, trains, buses you name it any transportation company that enters and exit new york has been notified"

"thank you ladies you can go home there's nothing we can do right now"

The guys chuckle packing up placing their laptops in their bags.

"Mac wona go to the bar down the road with us?"

I look up at Clive if anyone I trust the most is him.

"well let me shout you ladies on the first round"

"we have work tomorrow Mac not like you"

Max teases and lance chuckles. We arrive at the usual pub I order our drinks and turn my phone on to check on ma I walk into the hallway.

"have you found anything marcy?"

Wow no hey marcy or have you eaten? Or how are you?.

"ma have you eaten?"

The phone is quiet.

"Well then go eat and I'll call you tomorrow love you bye"

I notice five miss calls from cruz so I called him.

"el mocoso sorry I didn't mean to call papa wanted to see if I've heard from you and I wanted to know how your coping with this situation?"

Whyyyyyyy, does the universe do this to meeee.

"thank you for caring I'm -"

"where are you?"

"at the pub before I go home"

"be careful and safe you call me when you get home ok?"

"yess cross bye"

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

417K 9.1K 70
Rosie thought her life was getting better, that she would experience the fairy tale of living happily ever after. She thought the worst years of her...
12.8K 414 21
𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠
95.9K 2.5K 16
"You want to be free? "But You also want to be mines." "You can't be both." What would you do the person you thought you knew weren't really what the...