To Capture A Heart | The Maze...

By void_of_andi

Plot made by @stilestastic Eight months have passed since Felix woke in a metal box hurtling upward into the... More

~P L A Y L I S T~
1.1 Rise
1.2 Breathe
1.3 Storm
1.4 Heat
1.5 Comfort
1.6 New
1.7 Live
1.8 Love
1.9 Die
1.10 Change
Holiday Special
1.11 Fight
1.12 Ruin
1.13 Fall
1.14 Safe
2.2 Start
2.3 Burn
2.4 Wait
2.5 Why
2.6 Hook
2.7 Line
2.8 Sinker
2.9 Without
2.10 Together

2.1 You

80 3 0
By void_of_andi

"Felix... baby wake up." Someone rubbed my shoulder, Newt.

I rubbed my eyes and looked up, "Hmm?"

He smiled and kissed me lightly. "They say we're here."

I sat up and wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth. Newt and I were sitting on the left side of a large military style helicopter.

We had been saved by an undisclosed group. We should've been more cautious in hindsight, but they had rescued us from the Maze. And at the time, that was all that mattered.

Newt helped me stand, taking my hand and led me towards the door.

"This way." The soldier in black nodded his head towards the building. I could help but notice he was heavily armed with an assault rifle...

Newt held my hand and we followed his gaze to the door ahead of us. Inside, the room resembled a school cafeteria with tables and chairs. On the right wall there were multiple doors.

"Where are we?" I asked the soldier that walked in after us.

"A safe house. Now eat." He nudged his gun in the direction of a table in the middle of the room.

There was boxes upon boxes of pizza and the Gladers had already dug in.

"Oh god..." my mouth watered at the sight and I practically floated to the pizza.

I grabbed a slice of classic cheese pizza and moaned when I bit into it. I could hear Newt laughing at me but I didn't care.

The pizza was greasy and savory and was like nothing we had ever eaten in the Glade. This pizza was heavenly.

I scarfed the first piece down in under a minute. I sat down, Newt at my side, and reached for another. Thomas sat down across from us and helped himself to a piece as well.

"We should discuss the next step," Thomas brought up. "Surely they can't hold us here forever..."

Newt sighed, taking a sip of water from a plastic bottle. "These guys don't like to talk much..."

"We won't get anything from them," I said between chews.

Minho sat on my other side, "Then we keep our guard up, yeah?" We nodded in agreement.

"We don't know how long we're gonna be here..." Thomas started.

"And," Newt added. "They're probably keeping tabs on us. Hidden microphones and cameras and stuff."

"Means we have to lay low," Leah interjected and sat down next to Minho.

Behind her was Cally who had listened to our conversation as well. "If we can find the cameras and shit, show them to me. I'll see what I can do."

Minho took a slice from the box, "Good that."

"We should keep everyone in groups," Thomas added. "We can't leave anyone alone and vulnerable."

"I can keep an eye out," Leah volunteered.

"Good, we all will," Newt determined.

"They're watching us," I muttered through gritted teeth. I couldn't help but notice the two soldiers behind Thomas that kept looking at our table.

Newt nodded, he noticed it too, "Okay, no more congregating like this. All of us together... they're gonna figure it out."

"Figure what out?" Leah joked, smirking.

Leah's smile was contagious as I grinned too.

Newt laughed, "Exactly."

"And break!" Minho slammed his hand on the table and chuckled. It was the first time in a long time I had seen all of us happy...

And together.

Thomas, Minho, and Leah left the table. Minho took the pizza box with him and Leah was trying to get a piece, but he held it over her head.

I was still grinning but my smile dropped when I turned back and saw a somber look on Cally's face.

"What?"

She grabbed my hand tightly, "I'm sorry... about your brother."

I looked at Newt, but his face held hardship on it too.

"I'm sorry about Alby..." I extended the circle of mourning.

Newt stuck his chin out and faced Cally, "And Ben too..."

Tears brimmed in Cally's eyes as she nodded in appreciation. It felt like we had lost Ben years ago, but I knew the pain was all the same.

Cally started, "We should-"

"Curfew!" One of the guards shouted intensely.

Cally smiled, but I could tell she was overwhelmed, "Yeah... that."

I stood and hugged her, offering what comfort I could, though I knew it would never be enough.

"I'm sharing a room with Hiro. I'll see you in the morning," She said once we pulled apart.

"'Night, Cal."

"Night."

Cally and the rest of the Gladers started filing into their own bedrooms and I realized how strange it was. Newt and I had the privilege of being able to stay in the treehouse alone but most Gladers slept in hammocks outside, constantly in company of others.

Newt stood at my side and grabbed my hand. "I hope they enjoy an actual bed tonight."

I nodded, "Speaking of..." I gestured towards the last free room and Newt led the way.

Inside there were bunk beds, although we knew we'd just be sharing one. There was also an attached bathroom with only a toilet and a sink, it was quite small.

There were fresh linens, blankets, and pillows on each of the beds. And a window that faced outside, although there wasn't much to look at. We were in an abandoned city with no one around.

"Strange isn't it?" Newt hugged me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. "That this has just always been here..."

I hummed, and turned in his arms so I was facing him. "I love you."

Newt smiled softly, pressing a kiss to my forehead, "Promise me that whatever happens next... you won't leave."

I held back my confirmation, yes, I loved him and no, I didn't plan on leaving him. But I also couldn't bring myself to make such a promise. Memories of the hurt he caused me flooded my thoughts again and couldn't choke out the right words.

"I... that's not fair to ask..." I finally said.

He nodded, like he expected that answer, "I'm sorry, you're right. Can we promise each other to talk about it first?"

I smiled and kissed him, as if to tell him to not feel bad, "I can promise that."

He kissed me back, harder and longer this time and I knew he was devoted to that promise too. I giggled into the kiss and enjoyed myself as I pulled tighter on his blond curls. I think I might've pulled too hard when Newt threw his head back in a moan. Exposing his neck was a mistake, I latched myself onto it and started kissing every freckle and mole I could see.

Newt inhaled sharply when I started to use my teeth, but I knew he was still enjoying it because his cold hands found his way to the hem of my T-shirt.

"This okay?"  He asked gravelly, sending a chill down my spine.

"Mhm..." I nodded and murmered into his neck. I let him slip my shirt off, exposing my warm skin to the chilly air. Goosebumps traveled up my back and down my arms as Newt touched my bare skin with his frigid hands.

I pulled my forehead away from its' spot in the crook of Newt's neck and held his face in my hands. "Your turn?" I asked, regarding to his clothing.

He smiled, "Thought you'd never ask." He removed his jacket first and I slid his T-shirt over his head. Once his top was discarded, he immediately attacked my collarbone and with the way he was sucking I knew he was going to leave bruises. I put a hand to the back of his head, holding him there and encouraging him to keep going. The pain felt too good.

"Tell me when..." He muttered into my chest and lifted me by the back of my thighs.

Newt returned his mouth to mine. I locked my legs around his waist and my back slammed into the wall behind me. I broke apart from the kiss, needing to release a yelp of pain as the wall hit one of my bruises.

Newt immediately pulled away, his hair a mess and his eyes drunk with love. "Are you okay?"

I bit my lip but nodded, I didn't want to ruin this for either of us. "I'm okay... but maybe the bed?"

Newt looked over to the bed, "Right, sorry-" He carried me to the bed and laid me down on my back.

He kissed the growing hickey on my collarbone, "You sure you're okay to continue?"

I nodded again, looking him in the eyes to show him I meant it, "Please continue."

He kissed me again, "Mhm..." He leaned back to take in my body. A soft red flushed his cheeks, "Bloody hell... you're so beautiful, Felix..."

But I didn't want him to take me all in... to see all of the damage Danny did to my body... There was even more on the inside.

No, I didn't want that asshole taking up my life.

I pushed the thoughts away and smirked, "You gonna do something about that?"

He cleared his throat, "Uh...yeah..." He went down again, placing kisses everywhere on my torso. Newt was such a damn tease. I was pretty sure I saw him smile which infuriated me. However I didn't say anything... I'd let him have his fun.

***

Eventually we both got too tired to continue, I smiled, still happy, and ducked under the top bunk bed to retrieve my shirt.

But Newt pulled me back into bed. He took my hand in his and kissed my palm. I smiled, I really fucking loved this boy.

His fingers traced the bruises on my torso- both the loving ones left by him and the marks of hatred left by Danny. Newt's were fresh, a darkening purple while Danny's were starting to fade, becoming a warm brown and yellow.

I did my best to not think about it. But I couldn't stop the tears brimming in my eyes as memories of that night hit me in my gut.

"I'm sorry-" I got out of the bed again. "Let me just..." I searched for my T-shirt.

"Hey, 'Lix..." Newt's voice was gentle and I found it comforting because I thought he'd be mad with me. "You know you're still beautiful, right?"

My tears were so stupid, I laughed, "You have to say that. You're my boyfriend."

He sighed and stood from his spot on the bed. "But I mean it, Felix. You're still you."

I wrapped my arms around myself, he needed to stop looking at me. I needed to cover what Danny had ruined. My chin trembled as I fought tooth and nail to hold back my tears.

"Oh, baby..." Newt breached my defense and hugged me around my middle. I wrapped my arms around his neck, needing his comfort in that moment. "I promise... you aren't ruined."

And that's when the water works started flowing. Newt only held me tighter.

When my sobs finally stopped, Newt pulled away and offered me his jacket. I tugged it on, finding safety and comfort in it. I zipped it up.

Newt smiled sadly and ran his fingers through my hair, doing his best to keep it out of my eyes.

"C'mon," He said, after what felt like an eternity of silence. "Let's get some sleep." I nodded and let him lead me to the bed by my hand.

Newt laid down first, taking the side of the bed that touched the wall. I followed him, pulling the blanket from the floor over us as I rested my head on his chest.

He held me there and wiped away the tear stains on my cheeks. His hands trembled with anxiety that I couldn't place.

I looked up at him, "What's wrong?"

He sighed and kissed me, "I'm scared," He admitted.

I pecked his jaw, "Why?"

He grunted and shifted so his body was facing mine. He cupped my jaw, "Of you getting hurt again." I frowned.

"I know you're more than capable," Newt continued. "But I don't know what I'd do if..."

"Hey..." I held his hand tightly. "We're safe for now."

Newt leaned in and kissed my forehead. "The day will come where we won't be, Felix..."

***
its finally here! part two everyone! With very heavy newtlix? flewt? either way, one of my favorite chapters.

the next few are gonna be a whirlwind

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.2K 44
" 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒛𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔. " 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 Dawn and Lisa arrive in the Glade, surrounded by an enormous Maze an...
64.4K 1.6K 40
The first girl in the maze was the first person ever. A year later, 30 boys arrive and one boy for every month after that. Vera has learned to live...
600K 16.9K 49
The Gladers had spent about a year in the Maze by themselves. Used to the the cycle of getting a new boy every month from the box, they find themselv...
133K 2.9K 30
she began her new life completely alone, surrounded by endless stone walls, pounding voices in her head, and a resounding feeling of hollowness insid...