My Beginning After the End

By Slowcky

(Could have spoilers from Light Novel) (Some things are changed for the purpose of the story) At the age of e... More

My Beginning After the End
My Mana Core
The Twins and The Twin Horns
Big Brother
What the Future Holds
The Auction House
Blood Deviant
Evolving
A Real Sword
Beast Will
My Brother's Greatest Rival
Assimilation
What's My Worth
Phase One
The Snarler
A Break
Progression
Returning Home
Brother vs Brother
Calm Before the Storm
First Day
First Day Pt.II
Academy Life
Attack on Xyrus Pt. I
Attack on Xyrus Pt. II
Attack on Xyrus Pt. III
Attack on Xyrus Pt. IV
Patience
Explanation
Reincarnate
The Council
Silver Core
Almost Time
Preparing One Self
The Revival
Author's Note
The Team
The Iron Tombs Pt. I
The Iron Tombs Pt. II
The Iron Tombs Pt. III
Found
The Iron Tombs Pt. IV
The Iron Tombs Pt. V
The Iron Tombs Pt. VI
Aftermath
War Face
The Sand Grotto Pt. I
The Sand Grotto Pt. II
The Sand Grotto Pt. III
The Sand Grotto Pt. IV
Left Behind
A Company
The Sand Grotto Pt. V
The Sand Grotto Pt. VI
The Scene
Are you Okay?
Damages
Purpose
Dominating
Fun
A New Mentor
Possibilities
Blood Cloning
Fire, Blood, and Curses
Warm Up
The Brothers
My First Clone
We are Ten
The Ring
I'm Back
Orcs
Author's Note
In Trouble
Pray to the High Sovereign
Consequences
Retainer Uto
Faith
Lance vs Lance
Dual
My Will
The Loss of a Lance
Avier
Ending
The Devil's Return
Revise Oneself
A Lance
Planning Ahead
Royalty of Sapin Pt. I
Royalty of Sapin Pt. II
Etistin
Gideon
More Testing
A Quick Exit
Next Steps
Talk
Speak My Mind
Uto's Horns
White Core
Lance Varay, Rematch
A Dungeon Run
What To Do
His Return Pt. I
His Return Pt. II
His Return Pt. III
His Return Pt. IV
His Return Pt. V
His Return Pt. VI
What Has Happened
The Curse
Healers
Arrival
War
Joining the War
Return Back
Speech Pt. I
Speech Pt. II
Speech Pt. III
Goodbyes
The Coast
Set Up
The Start of the Battle
The Heat of Battle
Who's Coming
The Reveal
Cadell Pt. I
Cadell Pt. II
Cadell Pt. III
The End
Disbelief
Author's Note
The Second Reincarnate Pt. I
The Second Reincarnate Pt. II
Back to the Castle
New Knowledge
Broken Bones
Recovery
Discussion
Recap
Children
Giving
Back To Business
The Plan
A Visit to the Dungeon
First Mission
Make Camp
The Walk
Ashber Pt. I
Ashber Pt. II
Ashber Pt. III
Aya vs Retainer Pt. I
Aya vs Retainer Pt. II
Sylvie vs Retainer Pt. I
Sylvie vs Retainer Pt. II
Arthur vs Jagrette Pt. I
Arthur vs Jagrette Pt. II
Ashber Pt. IV
Ashber Pt. V
Ashber Pt. VI
Arthur vs Jagrette Pt. III
Ashber Pt. VII
Ashber Pt. VIII
Seris
First Major Victory
Horns
Author's Note
White Core Pt. II
A Planned Meeting
She's Human
Date?
Party Pt. I
Party Pt. II
Party Pt. III
The Party IV
The Party V
Hangover
Epheotus Pt. I
Epheotus Pt. II
Epheotus Pt. III
Epheotus Pt. IV
Epheotus Pt. V
Blood Legion
Evaluation
The First Camp
Slaughter
Is it Torture?
Aid
Alive and Well
Bonding
Agrona
Five Thousand
Invade
Failure
Back Up
Clear
The Second to Fall
Worried
He is just a Child
No Poem, just a Warning
End of Pt. I

Departure

1.9K 114 8
By Slowcky

(One Month Later)

Ellie and I turned nine last week, all we did was spend time together as a family, it was nice. I got a nice steel sword from Aya to use in case my other one broke, which was good because of what I had planned today. 

All five of the Lances were out on missions, and that meant no one could stop me except for Aldir. I was planning on leaving for the dungeons today, it was time, I pretty much have illusion magic mastered, and there was little reason to stay here. 

My family was going to be upset, Elder Virion might try to send people to find me, but I had to do this. I had to help out and change things in this world. I already checked out the portal that led to Xyrus, the typical four guards were there. I could take them out without hurting them with ease.

I was currently in my room, getting ready. I had on my black cloak I got from Tessia when I was in Elenoir with her. I had a small amount of silver armor underneath covering my shoulders, chest, and quads. I had my mana ring with my swords, food I stole from the kitchen, a mask, and some other supplies.  The mask was for disguise when I left the Floating Castle, they weren't going to let a kid into the dungeons with them.

I already talked to my parents and Ellie one last time, of course I didn't tell them I was leaving. I just spent some time with them this morning and had a few laughs watching Ellie train. 

I walked up to my door, which I had locked, and put the hood on the cloak up. I kept my swords in my mana ring, I wasn't planning on hurting anyone too badly. If I can't just walk through the portal, I'll just use my blood manipulation on the guards. I took a deep breath, and prepared myself, taking one last look in my room to make sure I had everything.

"Let's do this." I opened my door, and my way into the hall. I activated "Blood Oath" and started walking down the hall slowly, making sure I didn't run into anybody I knew. I turned the corner into another hallway, there wasn't anybody there.

I continued walking, a door opened behind me, but I ignored it, nothing was said to me, so everything was fine. I activated "Blood Acceleration" the portal room for Xyrus is in the next hallway. I knew there would be four guards here, but I didn't know how many were going to be at Xyrus. 

I turned the corner and standing in front of the door that led into the portal room, there were two guards. I slowly approached them, and when they noticed me coming with the cloak on, they adjusted their posture.

"State your name." The guard on the right said, as I stopped in front of them. 

"Virion Leywin." I told them. "Open the door, I have permission from Elder Virion."

I glared up at the guard, who was only maybe a few inches taller than me. "I didn't receive anything about your departure from Commander Virion." The guard on the right said. "Virion Leywin you are the Blood Deviant I heard about, right?"

I nodded my head and dropped them both to their knees using blood magic. "Sorry." I went to open the door, but I felt something coming for me from behind. I quickly turned around and brought up a wind wall as an arrow came straight for me. "Ellie." I said, as my sister came running up to me.

"Let us go!" One of the guards pleaded, but I held them down. 

"Veer, what are you doing?" She stopped five yards from me. "Why are you hurting these guards?"

I turned my head away from her. "I'm leaving." I didn't want to have to deal with this. "You can't stop me, so just let it happen." 

I looked back up at her, she was starting to tear up. "W-why?" She sniffled. "I can't lose Arthur and you." 

I smiled. "You aren't losing anyone; we'll see each other again." I walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I just can't sit here and do nothing."

"Stop this!" The guard spoke up again, I turned around, removing my hand from Ellie, and placed one finger over my mouth, telling them to be quiet. He just stared at me confused, and I turned back to Ellie who was pointing her bow at my leg.

"Don't!" I said as she released an arrow, and I quickly moved my leg out of the way. If I didn't have Blood Acceleration active, it most likely would have hit me. "I'm sorry." I numbed both of Ellie's hands, making her drop the bow. 

"Veer! Don't leave!" She shouted as I turned around and went to open the door. "You can't! What about mom and dad?"

I took one last look at her before I opened the door. "Be there for them, and make sure they know that I love them." I removed the smile I had on my face and started to open the door. "I'll see you again, big sister."

"Veer!" She shouted as I launched myself into the room, which had two guards inside. I quickly felt for their blood and dropped them to their knees, in the doorway was Ellie watching me. I held the four guards down as I got ready to enter the portal.

"What the hell?!" A guard in front of the portal said. "Girl, go get help."

I walked up to the portal, and entered it, everything was dark, but got lighter as I landed in Xyrus. I stepped out of the portal, and surrounding it was eight guards, all pointing their spears at me. "We have an unofficial portal usage, state your name."

"Jeez." I walked up to the one guard standing in front of the exit. "Move." I waved my hand moving him out of the way.

"Stop!" The guards all started to move toward me, and I quickly swung my hands down, feeling the blood coursing through all of their bodies, and they all fell to the ground face first. I made it so they couldn't talk or move.

"Listen, none of you are going to follow me, if you do, you'll just end up like this again." I nodded my head at them, letting them know I meant what I said. "Alright, see ya." I waved as I made my way outside of the room and into Xyrus City. I released the spell I had over them, as I got further away. 

I needed to make my way to a portal that led into the beast glades, there probably will be a long line in front of it for the people wanting to sign up for the war. I found the portal to Blackbend, but that wasn't the one I was looking for. 

I turned down a different street, and I noticed a group of guards sitting at a table in front of a portal. I needed to get closer to see where it led to, and as I did, I noticed it was for the Beast Glades. There wasn't anyone in line though at the moment. I pulled out my mask, I thought about Arthur's time as Note, and slipped it on.

The mask was a lot different from Arthur's, the only design it had was that it was completely black, there was nothing to it. I stole it from the storage room in the Floating Castle, didn't know why it was there, but it was.

I slowly walked up to the six guards, and stopped in front of the table, two of them were sitting at. "Are you here to register to help out with the war?" I nodded my head with the cloak still on, and my mask. "First, I need your name." He pulled out a paper.

I couldn't call myself Virion, and I didn't want to use Luke because what I was about to go do was not something I could before. What's a badass name that represents my powers? Damn?! I got nothing. You know what, sooner or later they are going to find me, might as well make it a little easier for them. "They call me Veer." It's not like they are going to show up instantly and stop me, I'll be able to make a name for myself first.

"Alright, Veer." The guard wrote some stuff down. "Secondly, what is your core level?" 

I couldn't tell them that I was silver. "I'm at the light yellow stage." His eyes went large, imagine if I told him I was silver, I laughed internally.

"Okay." He wrote some more stuff down. "Are you an adventurer or a civilian looking to help?"

If I don't say adventurer, they'll most likely put me in some weak place and force me to raid dungeons by myself, so there is only one option. "I was an A Class adventurer."

He nodded his head, not even questioning me about it. "Lastly, you know that there is a chance you come across Alcryans inside the dungeons?" I mean, who didn't know that? I hope this wasn't a question, and it was more of a reminder for the people who wanted to help out. 

"Yes." I told them.

"Alright, you will be assigned to a team captain, who will lead you in the dungeons, unless a commander is involved." I nodded my head. "You may follow Kendrick; he'll bring you to your captain." He showed Kendrick the paper, probably so that he knew where I needed to go.

I bowed and walked up to the guard named Kendrick, and we stepped through the portal. The lights flashed and as we exited, I walked into some sort of war camp, people preparing to enter the Beast Glades, people selling supplies, I guess I have to get used to this, and needed to let loose.

"This way." Kendrick said. "Your team is getting ready to head out."

"Do you know where too?" I asked, I didn't know much about the dungeons here, and all their names. 

"A dungeon." He simply said, and we continued to walk, people were glaring at me and the guard, like I was fresh meat. I released a portion of my aura and made people look away. "I wouldn't go and piss anyone off on your first day." The guard said as we stopped in front of a large tent. "This is your team's tent, and your captain is inside." I pulled back my aura, hiding it again. "I'll go notify her first, stay here."

So, my captain was a girl, I'll be fine as long as it isn't Professor Glory, because if it is, I'm screwed. I heard talking going on inside, and then the tent sleeves opened. "Come in." The guard walked out, and I walked in.

Standing in the middle of the tent was a brunette girl, in silver armor like my own, her eyes were fierce, she was skinny, but had some muscle. "You must be Veer." I stared into her eyes without blinking or looking away and nodded my head. "I am Victoria, I'll be your team captain."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 427 18
With another dive to relictomb the trio finds themselves in a djinns hideout. What can they gain from there that would help them against their advers...
4.7K 262 20
And if Grey don't got reincarnated as Arthur Leywin, he is even not the protagonist, he is in this history how a important character, but the protago...
69.5K 3.4K 51
After slaying Cadell and discarding Nico, Arthur is confronted with his worst nightmare. Before him is Agrona and even worse, Tessia. At least he wis...
59.7K 1.7K 12
My name is Matilda and I gave up the most important thing in my existence. I told him we should see other people. I hated it but I felt like I was ho...