stay, Inez ~ xavier thorpe

By b3mym1stak3

xavier thorpe x fem!oc (wednesday) Inez Fallon never could have imagined the events this semester woul... More

introduction
she knows
guilt
harvest festival
archery
picnic
poe cup
snap twice
text
outreach day p1
outreach day p2
tree
rave'n
hospital
parent's weekend
cat
memories
answers
family
the lake
violets
cake
fire will rain
sleep
shed
car
mansion
skirt
funeral
therapy
falling apart
note

phoenix

232 8 1
By b3mym1stak3

I hoped that the past few days had just been nightmares, but every day, I wake up to the empty feeling in my heart.
Wednesday finally found out the monster's name. Hyde.
I wanted to feel happy for her discovery. I really did.
But all my mind could think of was Xavier.
Therapy was never going to fix that.

"I'm so glad you called last night. It makes me happy that you trusted me." Kinbott smiles.

"I didn't know who to call. I just know I'm not normal. And I don't mean like powers or anything. I mean like mentally." I say, laying down on the small couch.

"We'll it's great that you've accepted that you need help. That's one step closer to being good." She says, trying to instill hope in my brain.

How could I be hopeful at a time like this? I was supposed to die soon. Really soon.

Before anything else could be discussed, someone rudely barges in, making me sharply exhale realizing my time was over.

"Wednesday. I didn't think we had an appointment today." She smiles, standing up to greet my sister.

I get barging in when I'm not doing anything important, but this was very important. She knew I needed this, but she decided that her own needs were greater than my own.

"I found this in your room, Dr Kinbott. Or should I say Laurel." Wednesday says, making me shove past her to escape her madness.

She doesn't chase after me.
Wednesday could do whatever she wanted. I want power like that.
Power over my own thoughts.
Of course though, I've been defective since birth.

I knew that I was alone now. I knew that I had pushed everyone away. I knew that.

I hate that I'm not even mad at my sister now. I hate that everytime she does this to me, I just come right back to her.

All I do is return to Wednesday's room, laying on Wednesday's cold bed in an emotionless manner.
My mind wanders again.

Why not call my family? I haven't really gotten to know them yet. Or even ask questions.

Pulling out Wednesday's crystal ball, I try everything to summon the family.

"Hello? How the fuck am I supposed to use this thing?" I tap the glass, confused.

"Inez?" A small voice comes from beside me, making me let out a small scream.

"Oh. It worked." I say, sitting down at Wednesday's desk.

"Is everything okay?" Morticia asks worriedly.

"Yeah. Just wanted to ask a few questions." I fake a smile.

"Okay, shoot." Gomez's face appears beside my mother.

"Well first off, why was I adopted? And why do I have visions? I thought I could only have one power." I ask.

"Im sorry. We don't exactly know the answer to your first question. We do however know about your powers." My father says with a warm smile.

"Yes. I have visions just like you and your sister. The telekinesis is from your fathers side of the family." She smiles.

"Oh." I don't really have a response. It's not like this was important information.

"Yes. Your sister is a raven. I have reasons to believe you are a phoenix." My mother says with a smile.

A phoenix?

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Well, each visionary has their visions based on how they see the world. I am a dove, seeing the world through a soft lense. Your sister is a raven, her dark view of the world. You, my beautiful daughter, are a phoenix."She says, hugging my father lovingly.

I laugh for the first time in ages.

"Aren't those fictional?" I smile.

"Possibly, but they do represent change and transformation." My father says.

Before I could say anything else, an agitated voice interrupts our conversation.

"Inez. What are you doing?" Wednesday asks angrily.

Rolling my eyes, I step away from her desk cautiously.

"Goodbye parents." Wednesday says monotony, somehow turning off the crystal ball.

"What'd you do that for?" I ask, standing near the door for a quick escape.

"I had important information. As you know, the Hyde is somewhere out there, roaming free as both human and monster. I found another lead though. One that coincidentally points toward your boyfriend. Now-" Wednesday stops when she realizes I've stopped listening.

"Hello? Are you even hearing a word I'm saying?" She asks annoyed.

"Sorry? Oh I was just thinking about the fact that my sister got mad at me for calling my alleged parents who I haven't talked to since the first time I met them, which is weird on its own. I'm also thinking about the fact that when I finally decided to get help, you had to take that from me too." I say, starting to get annoyed.

At least some things get my emotions back now.

"Get over that. I needed to prove Xavier is the Hyde. I followed him out to the woods, where he had a secret meeting with Dr. Kinbott. Or, Laurel Gates." She says, acting like a big detective who just solved a big piece of the puzzle.

"Okay Nancy Drew. Why the hell would a middle aged therapist be a missing person? Laurel Gates died thirty years ago. We know this. We already researched this." I say, annoyed at my sister for wasting her time.

"I tried to warn Weems but when I got to her office, Kinbott was already there. Maybe you could try your luck. Besides, that's where we were wrong. Why would Laurel Gate's room be clean? You can't think that was a coincidence." She says.

"I don't know Day. Just give me some space for the next couple hours. I need a minute to breath." I say, halfway down the hallway in seconds.

"I'm not done! Come back." Wednesday yells at me before her voice gets drowned out by the slamming of the door.

I wasn't mad. I was just annoyed. Couldn't I get one minute with my therapist without my sister trying to solve crimes?

I take the quick bus ride back to town, walking back into Kinbotts office.

"Can we continue where we left off?" I slightly smile, looking around the room for any other patients.

"Of course, sit." She smiles, motioning for the cushion across her.

If she was a crazy revenge seeking zombie, I would know. Wednesday is totally out of it.

"Actually, I wan-" I stop talking, distracted by the clatter in the bathroom beside me.

The two of us stare in curiosity at the closed bathroom door, sitting in silence for a moment.

"I'm gonna check that out." I stand up, slightly confused.

"Don't. I'll do it." Kinbott smiles, motioning for me to sit back down.

I follow her command, sitting back on the couch.
My eyes stay on her as she slowly creaks the door open.

A shrill scream comes from the woman, making me stand up.
Just then, I see the monster loom over the doctor.
Red. Everything is red.

I look the monster in the eyes, not breaking eye contact.

It's almost like I go into a trance every time I see the thing.
Every single fiber in my body was telling me to fight. Or run. Or scream.
Anything would be better than just standing here.
Instead, I stay frozen, unable to move a finger.

To my suprise, the monster retreats back out the window, leaving me completely unscathed.

As soon as it's out of my sight, an ear curdling scream escapes my mouth.
I rush by Kinbotts side, checking her pulse.
What started out a faint pulse soon became nothing, her life fleeting.

I run into the street for help, blood staining my hands.

"Someone please. Call 911. The monster attacked again." I yell at the townspeople, who's eyes all stare at my hands.

"Call 911. I can't feel her heartbeat." I run back to the office, performing CPR on her lifeless body.

"Come on. Come on, work." I keep pushing until I am pulled away by two figures.

"Miss. Stand aside." One says as I stare at the body being placed in a black bag, then strapped onto a stetcher.

I didn't know the woman personally. I just knew that she was my last chance at being normal.
Even though Xavier always made me happy, he also made me sad.

Why did I always have to be so close to death?
I hate death.
Not because I'm afraid of it.
Just because it's gross.

Everyday for the past week I have gone back to my tree hoping for it to be alive again.
This time was just like the others, though.
It was cold and lacked its past magic.
Giving up, I begin to walk back down the path towards the school.

It doesn't take long before I bump into someone.
Looking up in confusion, I meet eyes with the sherif and my sister.
The man looks at me up from head to toe, inspecting my numerous bruises and cuts.
It looked like I had been in a car crash or something.
Although my bandages around my torso were gone, the cuts left behind big scars across my chest. It undoubtedly made me insecure, but who cares what I look like when I'm supposed to die soon.

"What's he doing here? And you too?" I ask Wednesday.

"Come with us." Knife in one hand,Wednesday grabbing my wrist with the other, dragging me back into the forest.

I didn't have to ask where we were headed. I knew from the look in her eyes that she had found something. Something that I wasn't going to like.

The sherif hides behind a few bushes, keeping close to hear our conversation.
The large door creams open, illuminating my face slightly.
The light flickers on soon after.
Xavier doesn't look happy to see either of us.
Not that I blame him.

authors note:

one of my unpublished chapters

love you 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 2.3K 70
I do not own any of the characters. Y/n are a supe. But not a famous one, that didn't work out. Now you are one of the sevens PAs. Maybe, briefly Th...
100K 11.8K 27
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
63.6K 3.5K 76
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
144K 5.2K 25
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !