a US Marshal and the Van Der...

By RDR2Marshal

(Y/N) a Current US Marshal and bestfriend of Jake Adler receives news of his marriage and decides to pay his... More

Chapter 1: Goodbye old friend.
Chapter 2: I'm so sorry.
Chapter3: Valentine.
Chapter 4: Hello again Mr. Callahan
Chapter 5: Time to go.
Chapter 6: the Van Der Lind gang
Chapter 7: Mrs. Adler
Chapter 8
chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12: A homecoming.
Chapter 13: Rest and relaxation.
your input wanted
Down time.
a quick thank you.
Back in the swing of things
Training Day
Texas Bound
On the Train.
Howdy Texas
The Ambush
Where the hell are they ?
quick question for you all.
Escape and Reunion
Welcome home!
a confrontation and lines are drawn
The Legend Grows
What Now?
Trouble in New Austin
A dream or a Premonition?
Update and what not
On Patrol

Welcome to New Austin

487 14 5
By RDR2Marshal

Leigh: Drew, who's got who ?

Drew: the goddamn Deeks boys, they took Bonnie!

You look at Sadie, and Leigh looks at you, you give him a nod, which he returns. Drew turns to look at what Drew was nodding at his jaw drops.

Drew walks up and stands in front of you, and you meet his gaze without blinking.

Drew: I know who you two are. I've read the papers. I know it's asking a lot, but can you help me get my little girl back?

You nod. Drew offers you and Sadie a hand that you both shake.

Leigh: Drew, head back to the ranch. we'll get her back. Don't worry.

As you Sadie and Leigh mount up, Drew rides back to the ranch.

Y/N: So where's deek and his boys held up?

Leigh: Just outside Tumbleweed.

Sadie: Are there many of them ?

Leigh: Not likely.

Y/N: What does he want with Drew and Bonnie ?

Leigh: we caught a few of the deeks' boys stealing Drew's cattle and sent them off to prison. Ever sense deeks been hell bent on make Drew's life hell.

Y/N: Well, that's one way to do it.

A few moments later, you three arrive just outside of Armadillo. You all walk up a hill, and Leigh takes out his binoculars.

Leigh: Bonnie's in the middle of town on the gallows, deeks beside her, and there's 10 men that I can see.

You all walk back to your horses to plan.

Y/N: first Leigh can you provide cover from here with that rifle ?

Leigh: Sure

Y/N: Perfect, I'm going to ride up the middle, I'll see if they want to be reasoned with and of not well, you know. Sadie, as soon as you hear the shots come in from the left, catch them off guard, and Leigh, you open up from up here. Any questions ?

Leigh: Yeah, what if you get yourself good and killed ?

Y/N: Have you forgotten already, Leigh? I'm already dead.

Leigh: Smart-ass.

Sadie: Give me 5 minutes to get in place, then start in

You nod, and Sadie rides off.

Leigh: Drew's in for a shock when he finds out who's under that mask.

You let out a chuckle

Y/N: ain't that the truth.

After 5 minutes, you mount your horse.

Y/N: Leigh ?

Leigh: Yeah?

Y/N: Don't miss.

Leigh: Keep it up. I'll let them shoot you.

You laugh as you ride into town.

Once you reach the towns entrance, you look around and see Sadie crouched down she gives a thumbs up, and you ride to the center of town.

You can hear various people mumbling. You sit atop your horse and yell out.

Y/N: Deeks!

He turns to face you, his face turning white as a ghost.

Y/N: You've got someone there who doesn't belong to you. You've got 10 seconds to let her go.

Deeks looked around, only seeing you he filled with confidence.

Deeks: 11 of us and one you? Why don't you just try and cut her down yourself?

Y/N: Now you've got me scared.

You say in a sarcastic tone. You unsheath your bowie knife, throwing it it narrowly misses deeks ear and sticks into the beam next to him.

Y/N: You cut her down.

Deeks recovered and shook his head.

Deeks: I don't know about you boys, but I want to see how he does this.

Everyone nodded and laughed.

Y/N: Alright then, you wanted this

Deeks went to the level, and before he could pull it, you drew your revolver and put a bullet through his forehead. All hell broke loose after that, but when the smoke settled, there was no one left.  You walked up the the steps of the gallows, you pulled your knife out of the beam  and cut the rope from around Bonnie's neck and wrists.

You remove the cloth from around her mouth, and she lifts her blindfold and is face to face with your mask. She screams and starts walking backward. Before she could fall off the gallows, Leigh stopped her.

Leigh: Bonnie, Bonnie, it's ok.

Bonnie: Leigh, they're killers! Nothing about them is ok.

You look at Sadie, and you both approach her.

Sadie: Look, lady, your father's the one who asked us to come get you. You could be a little grateful.

Bonnie looked at Leigh, who just nodded.

Bonnie sighed

Bonnie: Well, I suppose I outta be grateful.

Sadie: Be a good place to start.

You just give sadie a side glance. Bonnie just ignored the comment.

Leigh: Come on, let's get you back to your father.

Leigh looked at you and Sadie.

Leigh: You two coming?

Y/N: Sure

Leigh: she can ride on your horse, I have to stop at the office on the way in.

Sadie shot Leigh a look but mounted up.

Y/N: So Bonnie, you know how to mount a horse.

Bonnie: I lived on ranch all my life. No, I don't know how to mount.

She shook her head

Bonnie: Of course I do you stupid man.

Y/N: Well then, at your pleasure, your highness.

You mounted ghost, and Bonnie swung herself up behind you. No sooner did you start towards the ranch did the questions start.

Bonnie: Why do you all wear those stupid masks?

Y/N: various reasons.

Bonnie: such as?

Sadie: we don't want people recognizing us when we're not working.

Bonnie: And this is work for you ? Killing folk?

Y/N: Only those that need killing.

Bonnie: And how exactly do you pick and choose who needs killing.

Y/N: Simple, you're in a gang. You're fair game.

Bonnie scoffs.

Bonnie: So where's the rest of you ?

Sadie: Working.

Bonnie: Well, aren't you just a bundle of joy.

You shoot Sadie a look, saying she'd met her match.  Sadie just rolls her eyes.

Y/N: kinda difficult to be a bundle of joy in this line of work.

Bonnie: Why not just join the police if you want to do this line of work?

Y/N: Why so some crooked judge or bought and paid for jury can get these people little or no time ? I don't think so.

Bonnie: It sounds like you speak from experience.

Y/N: Maybe I am.

Bonnie: Ah, so that sounds like you used to be a policeman.

You look at Leigh, who shakes his head, which doesn't go unnoticed by Bonnie.

Bonnie: Pa said someone I grew up with became a US Marshal but went missing a while back they're saying he's dead now.

Y/N: Oh yeah, what was his name ?

Bonnie: It was Y/N.

Y/N: Well, I'm sorry for your loss.

Bonnie: it's alright, I don't really remember him. I know Pa has a photo of him and his family at the house, maybe you can have a look for yourself and see if you recognize him.

You look at Sadie.

Y/N: It's still never easy to lose a friend.

By this time, everyone was making their way through main street Armadillo. Once they reached Leigh's office he motioned for them to continue, and he would catch up.

Bonnie: You know where you're going ?

Y/N: I do.

A few moments later, you felt pressure against your back, and you looked at Sadie.

Sadie: Princess fell asleep.

You just nod and continue. A few moments later, you arrive at the main house at McFarlanes ranch. Drew was on the porch to greet everyone. You and Sadie stood back watching the reunion.

After a few moments, Drew motioned for you and Sadie to come inside. You entered and looked around the main floor, noting not much has changed.

Drew led everyone into the living room.

Drew: Please make yourselves at home.

Y/N: Thank you, Mr. McFarlane. Oh, Marshal Johnson wanted me to tell you he had to stop at his office he should be along shortly.

Drew: Please call me Drew. And what should I call you ?

Y/N: Doesn't matter.

Drew: Well, Mr. Doesn't matter. I am indebted to you.

Y/N: it was no problem, Drew.

Drew walked to the to the kitchen to grab the coffee pot, leaving you Sadie and Bonnie alone in the living room.

You notice the photo of you as a child and your parents. You pick it up and tilt it, so can she see. Bonnie walks to the other side.

Y/N: Is this your friend?

Bonnie: Yes, we didn't spend a lot of time together. Pa was friends with his father, that's how I met him.

Unknown to you three, Drew had walked back into the room. He had a feeling he knew your identity but decided to try something to be sure.

Drew: So how is your father Y/N?

Without thinking, you replied

Y/N: he's doing well.

You froze, realizing what you did. Turning, you looked at Drew. Bonnie had slowly backed away and stood next to Drew while Sadie never left your side.

Y/N: How... how did you know ?

Drew let out a chuckle.

Drew: You've got your father's eyes when we met in the jail. There was something familiar. When I saw you looking at that photo, I decided I'd ask about your father hoping you'd slip up, and you did.

You took a deep breath. Reaching up, you untied your mask and removed it.

Drew: Good to see you again, Y/N.

Y/N: You to Drew.

Bonnie walked over and hugged you, which you returned.

Drew: Well, now that I know who you are, what about your partner here.

You looked over at Sadie, and you nodded. With that, Sadie took off her hat and mask. Drew's face as Sadie's long blonde hair fell was priceless. Bonnie was equally surprised. She figured Sadie was a woman, but what surprised her was how beautiful she was.

You walked over and placed your arm around Sadie's shoulder, and Sadie placed her arm around your waist.

Y/N: Drew, Bonnie, allow me to introduce you to the best thing that's happened to me, Sadie Adler.

Drew approached and offered her his hand.

Drew: it's a pleasure ma'am.

Sadie: Likewise, sir.

Drew: Please, none of that sir business call me Drew.

Sadie: Then please call me Sadie.

Drew: Sadie, it is.

Bonnie was next to approach and offer her hand.

Bonnie: I suppose I owe you an apology. I wasn't very friendly.

Sadie: it ain't nothing.

Bonnie: So where's the rest of your lot?

Sadie: Back in New Hannover

Bonnie: Working ?

You and Sadie both nod.

Drew: so Y/N what happened that led to all this.

Y/N: That's a long story. Drew, none of it pretty, I'm afraid.

Bonnie: we've got nothing but time.

With that, everyone sat around the table in the living room as you told your story. Everything from riding to Blackthorn to the Ambush, your escape with Sargent Hughes up until tonight.

Just after you finished, Leigh walked in with some paperwork.

Drew: Leigh, did you know it was Y/N and Sadie this whole time?

Leigh: Just before you came into the jail is when I found out.

Drew: And you couldn't have said something?

Leigh: No offense, Drew, but time was kind of running low at that point.

Drew: Fair enough.

Y/N: Say Leigh is do you have a decent doctor in town ?

Leigh: Sure do, why ?

Y/N: When I was ambushed in Blackthorn, I got shot in the side. The bullet went in, and it's close to my spine. Every once in a while, it spasms. So if possible, I'd like to get it out.

Leigh: he should be able to do it he's one of those newfound city doctors.

Drew: Send him out here tomorrow.

You were about to protest, but Drew stopped you.

Drew: I'll hear none of it, we have a bunk house you and Sadie can stay in until you are good to go again.

Sadie: Thank you, Drew.

Drew: it's no problem. Now it's getting late, and we should all probably get some rest.

Everyone nods, and they make their way to their beds. Leigh rides back to Armadillo. Everyone is safe and happy, and a job is well done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 6.4K 25
(Arthur Morgan X Female Reader) 'Love in a hurricane, Playing a Dangerous game...' You are a newly adopted rescue into the Van der Linde gang after...
7.7K 284 18
*RDR2 SPOILERS FOR THE WHOLE GAME* This is the story of Ella Matthews, a 23-year-old who has been in the Van der Linde gang for near enough her whole...
37.5K 1.2K 32
When Dutch sends Arthur and Charles to bury Jake Adler they find a young woman trying to defend the property. Blair Adler is the daughter of Jake Adl...
50.9K 2.6K 53
Nora has spent most of her life in solitude, travelling only with her business partner JB Cripps. Always on the move, never allowing herself the time...