Rainbows And Sunshine - NOT{U...

By J_enny_xoxo

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" she asks with disgust. "Don't tell me you actually like what you... More

Chapter 1- Excitement And Embarrassment
Chapter 2 - New Friends And Weekend Plans
Chapter 3 - Crushes And Chores
Chapter 4 - Encounters And New Students
UPDATE!!
Chapter 5 - Bad Ideas And Marathons
Chapter 6 - Rejections And New Beginnings
Chapter 7 - Intrigue And Insecurities
Chapter 8 - Bullies And Mantras
Chapter 9 - Wise words And Interviews
Chapter 10 - Accidents And Bump-In's
Chapter 11 - Boredom And Cartoons
Chapter 12 - Arguments And Skipping
Chapter 13 - Chocolates And Bad Voices
Chapter 14 - Reminiscing And Drifting
Chapter 15 - Tests And Standing Up For Ourselves
Chapter 16 - Overthinking And Tears.
Chapter 17 - Rekindling Old Friendships
Chapter 18 - Stress And Putting People In Their Places
Chapter 19 - Debates And Swooning
Chapter 20 - Shopping Sprees And Hugs
Chapter 21 - Parties And Ball Dancing
Chapter 23 - Answers And Confrontations.
Chapter 24 - Lunch Dates And Awkwardness
Chapter 25 - Long talks And Holding Back
Chapter 26 - Step by step
Chapter 27 - Bribes And Set up's
Chapter 28 - Desserts And Charity Cases
Chapter 29 - Meetings And Dummies
Chapter 30 - Speaking Up And Trying To Help
Chapter 31 - Self love And Promises.
Chapter 32 - Lunch And Secret Codes
Chapter 33 - Reconciliations And Friendship
Chapter 34 - Ice Cream And Horror Movies.
Chapter 35 - Peer Pressure And Pain
Chapter 36 - 'Winning' And Interrogations.
Chapter 37 - Scratches And Getting Caught.

Chapter 22 - Avoiding And Hangouts.

5 3 0
By J_enny_xoxo

     We don't hear from Jasmine the next day or in the days that follow. It's like she has become invisible. I try checking her at home but nothing. Completely nothing. Apparently, she's always out or maybe that's what the security guard is told to tell me. Either way, I've giving up on trying to find out what's wrong and I'm really missing my best friend.

     I'm over at Sophia's and she's been acting fidgety all morning. I look up from my phone and peered at her. Her knee was jumping. Just slightly.

    "Spill"

    "Huh?" her face dart in my direction so fast I thought she might have a whiplash.

    "What's up with you today? Is there something I need to know maybe?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

     "Uhhh nope. I'm just so worried about Jasmine" she says running her hand through her afro. "Have you...have you heard from her?"

     "Not a word. You?"

     "Nothing" she replies, her eyes constantly darting from me to her phone on the table and it makes me cock an eyebrow.

      "You're sure you're okay though?"

     "Definitely" she replies with a nod. I go to sit beside her and hold her hand in fake concern like I'm trying to figure out if she's lying and I quickly grab her phone.

      "Kemi" she says warning me silently. We're standing face to face now.

       "Don't Kemi me. You've been acting all strange and I want to know why. Keep it in mind that I know when you're lying Sophia" I say putting her phone in my back pocket.

      "Fine. We've been in contact with Jasmine. I and Chichi"

      "Isn't that supposed to be good news?" I ask. I'm literally confused. She was saying it like it's a death sentence.

     "We've been in contact since that ball. I went to see her yesterday too"

     "But I went over yesterday and Dayo said she was out". Now, I'm even more confused. She knows how worried I've been so why didn't she take me with her. And, Dayo is a security guard just so you know.

      "I know. I was in the house when that happened" she says staring at her feet.

      "Basically, what you're trying to say is that it's just me that she's been avoiding?"

       "She just needs some time to think.....I think" she says sitting back down.

       "This is so ridiculous" I say landing on the sofa with a thump.

      "If you want...." Sophia starts.

       "Just drop the issue. Let's talk about something else".

       I don't know if I'm pissed or annoyed or hurt or even upset. It's completely ridiculous for my own best friend to be ignoring me. If there's a problem, she's supposed to tell me. Even if I'm the problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       It's been a week since that day at Sophia's and almost two weeks since the holidays began and I've pinpointed which emotion I'm feeling. I'm utterly and completely angry and at the same time confused. Angry because, I feel stupid now for going to her place. Sophia and Chichi knew I was going there a couple times and knowing I was going to just stand in front of her gate like a fool, they let me go. So stupid. And confused because I don't even know what I did wrong. Utterly frustrating!!

Ding dong

  I glance at the door and go back to watching my movie in the living room. I'm the only one at home. Well, my dad's home but it kinda feels like I'm home alone because he's been cupped up in his study and my mom's dropping Kiiti off at a friend's. I'm trying to enjoy my Saturday. Trying.

Ding dong

    Go away. I increase the volume of the TV and smile. The person will go away eventually.

Knock knock. Okay, who's that? I jump up and swing the door open only to meet David's smiling face. What's he doing here?

    "What are you doing here?" I ask, voicing my thoughts.

     "Aren't you going to invite me in first?" He asks.

     "How did you even get here?" I ask again looking around.

      "Oh my goodness Kemi. Are you an investigator or something?" He asks laughing. "Am I going to keep standing here while we ask each other questions?"

      "Come in"

      "Thank you" he breaths and walks in. "Pretty sweet place you've got" he says looking around and I nod.

      "Can I offer you...." I start but he shuts me down.

      "Nah. I'm good. I'm here to take you out"

      "Out?"

      "Yeah. We're all heading out. Haven't you come online today?"

      "I haven't. Is Jasmine coming too?" I ask cautiously and he nods. "So, you guys have been in touch then?"

     "Well yeah" he replies shrugging. So it's just me then. But what did I do wrong though? I'm going to have a headache.

      "Oh. Wait here let me get dressed and inform my dad" I say and make my way upstairs.

    I get to the study and knock on the door. "Daddy, can I head out with a couple friends?" I ask once I'm inside.

    "Who was at the door?"

    "David" I reply but he still looks confused. "My date from the ball?"

     "A boy came over and you were both downstairs? Alone?" He asks standing up.

      "Daddy na. It's not like that" I say covering my eyes. Me and David? Not gonna happen.

      "I don't want anyone near my princess. My little princess"

      "No one is coming near your little queen" I say, making emphasis on the 'queen' and he rolls his eyes. Like, he actually rolls his eyes. "I'll be with Jasmine and Sophia and even Chichi. Please" I say and give him the puppy eyes.

      "Fine. The house is going to feel so empty"

     "Mom will be back soon. Byeee" I say and head to my room to get dressed.

♥♥♥
    David and I arrive at an arcade where we're supposed to meet the others. I spot Benji and drag the both of us closer. "Hey" I greet all chirpy.

     "Kemi bear" he says pulling me in for a hug and David and him exchange the bro handshake stuff that I'm yet to understand.

     "Where are the others?" David asks.

     "They are...oh here they are"he says and points behind us. We both turn around and spot them making their way in.

    "Let's have some fun, shall we?" Benji asks laying his two hands on both our shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The arcade is fun. Jasmine and I don't really make much contact. She avoids looking at me and being beside me like she'd catch a disease. I kinda feel a bit embarrassed because the guys are giving us weird looks.

    We're having a snack at a fast food restaurant close to the arcade and conversation is flowing above my head. I'm busy focusing on my burger.

   "Okay. The tension is so suffocating. What's going on between you guys?" Temi asks pointing at me and Jasmine.  I glance at her and back at Temi because she's giving him a look I can't decipher.

     "Look who's asking?" She sneers. Okay, what's going on?

     "I'd also like to know what's going on" I say and she rests back on her chair with a huff.

      "Of course. The two people that are the problem are the ones that are so curious" she says and rolls her eyes so hard I think they'll get stuck. But back to what she said.

     "What are you talking about?" Temi asks. "You're being ridiculous right now"

     "I am?" She asks incredulously.

     "Yes, you are" he affirms and I almost see a vein pop in his forehead.

     "Or it's Kemi behaving all innocent and soaking up all the attention?" She asks pointing at me. I'm sorry whaatttttt?!!! I'm doing what now? My name should not just enter you people's matter at all.

     "What does your issue with Temi have to do with me? Leave me out of it" I say with a hiss.

     "I think everyone needs to just chill" Jacob says speaking up for the first time since lunch started.

    "Jasmine, I think that's enough" Sophia says. The former looks at Sophia and scoffs before leaving the restaurant.

    "So, that happened" Isaac says. "What exactly is the problem Kemi?"

    "How am I supposed to know?" I ask flailing my arms. I don't even understand the stuff that Jasmine was spewing but I sure know who does.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
   What's up my people? So, yeah, been a while. How was this chapter?
What's up with Jasmine abeg🧐 somebody should tell me😂.
Till the next update😊
Vote and comment lovelies ❤️
XOXO❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 3.6K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
51.4K 3K 50
⚑caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚑ all the graphics in this book are m...
5.1K 1.3K 12
FEATURED in @AmbassadorsNG reading list Kamharida heard the unfortunate news and smirked but when she realizes she's the only one who could see the b...