Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

Oleh risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... Lebih Banyak

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|LXII|

43 3 0
Oleh risingdawn2022

"The Divine Move"
____________________

Their swords came down and both swords stopped before they hit her, as Casey let out a horrified, painful and alarming croak of a scream. Tye was looking over his shoulder at her, and both of the swords, they had stabbed directly into him.

Then, a horrified cry came from Scott... As Allison fell to the ground from a fatal sword wound as Casey's eyes widened. The Oni disappeared right along with the Nogitsune, as she was supporting Tye. Casey looked at him and Tye was shaking his head.

"Derek... Casey, where is he?" Tye whispered and Casey's tears were starting to fall, as she realized why and he looked at her. "T-Tell him I'm sorry." Casey nodded at once and he looked at her. "You were the only person I told, you know? I'm not sorry that I trusted you. You were the-the best damn guardian that I could have had." Tye whispered as he nodded at her. "I can see them." He said as Casey swallowed. "I can see Mom, Dad, and even Laura... Casey, I can see them."

"I know." Casey's whisper was barely audible and Tye looked at her, and his heartbeat was slowly.

"Derek. Take care of him, you have to take care of him. P-promise me." Casey nodded and Tye shut his eyes, as his heartbeat slowed and eventually, he didn't move or speak again.

Casey leaned her head back against the wall and she let out a rasping cry and out of the corner of her eye, she could see Argent standing there.

His daughter was dead and she could see him and he attempted to process it and then, it was then that he caught sight of her and the other dead body of a teenager, almost an adult.

Casey pulled out her cell-phone, right out of her pocket with numb fingers it took too long to dial the number and instead, she just cut off the call.

Casey looked over at Argent, who dialed 9-1-1 and she was shaking her head, as she was forcing herself to try and remember her training.

"Ten seconds. Count to ten and after that, there is no more emotion until you are alone. No more emotions, Casey!"

Casey had never been so grateful to hear her son of a bitch father's voice inside of her head, and she drew on her training.

_________

"Ten." Casey could hear Tye's bright laughter, the constant smile that had brought hers out always, after they had just stopped waiting.

"Nine." The look on Tye's face and the look on Derek's, when the two of them saw each other again.

"Eight." Tye was growling, or rather now snarling at Erica to protect Casey who didn't need it, but appreciated it nonetheless.

"Seven." Dragging Tye out of the fire being relieved that he was breathing as she ran back into the burning house.

"Six." Tye scoring his first goal in lacrosse as his junior year's team captain, the first game that Casey had managed to make, since she had gotten a job at the Sheriff's station.

"Five." Tye had blown out the candles on his fourteenth birthday cake and he was grinning, and Casey took pictures with a camera without the flash on, to see him without looking like there was lasers pointed at the camera.

"Four." Tye once again sacrificing his own sleep, to be pulling her into a tight hug after she had relived the fire in another nightmare.

"Three." They were flipping through Casey's photo albums and Tye had just eventually fallen asleep, his head in her lap as she smiled down at him.

"Two." Casey's words to him just before the Darach had taken her to be another guardian. "Survive. You have to survive." The expression in his eyes, it said that he understood.

"One." Tye's eyes closing for the final time.
__________

Casey looked up at Argent, as the sirens started to wail as they got more and more near. Casey had given her weapons to Argent except for a single gun, and they were being taken away from the bodies as Casey's hands, they were still covered in Tye's blood.

Casey was shuddering as she had silently spent the ride to the station, just simply staring right down at her bloody hands. The hands that had been trained to kill, the hands that had both saved and killed people.

"Casey?" She looked up from her now-clean hands, just realizing that Jordan Parrish must have just taken Derek's phone number out of her cell and she stood up. Casey could see the emotions in his face and she looked at Jordan, who nodded slightly.

Casey walked over and then she walked out of the Sheriff's station quietly.

Derek followed her out in a solemn silence and as soon as they were both out of the view of the front doors, she turned around and buried her face in his chest.

Derek, he swiftly moved his arms around her and she was shuddering and he felt tears of his own falling now and she grabbed his jacket, as if she was afraid that he was going to leave.

"He's really gone?" Derek asked quietly as his voice shook and swiftly, she nodded as he looked down at her, and her eyes shone with tears.

"Don't leave." It was barely anything more than a whispered cough, but he could hear it.

"I won't." Derek whispered and he reached down and he grabbed one of her hands. "Let's go." He whispered as she nodded and she silently walked with him.

Derek got into the driver's seat and Casey buckled herself into her seat as she was shaking still. They drove to the loft and then when Derek cut the engine, they just sat there. "Did he say anything?" Derek asked as she looked at him.

Casey pulled out her phone and Derek, he took his out as well. Casey opened hers and hesitated, before she started to type.

"Tye, he wanted me to tell you that he was sorry. We didn't have time for any specifics... But I guess that he felt terrible that he walked away from you and went straight to me. He made me promise to take care of you, no matter what."

Derek's tears were falling and she looked over at him, as she nodded at the pain and hers followed.

"He told me that he was able to see Laura and your mom, your dad and the rest of the pack. Tye, he is running with the rest of your family again."

Derek put his phone away as he was shuddering with emotion and she was unbuckling her seatbelt, moving closer and she pulled him into a hug as his head rested on her shoulder.

Casey was forcing her own pain and her own grief down and, even locking it away as it were. Until she stopped at him looking at her. "Don't." Derek said and she looked down at him. "Don't you even dare." He said and now, he was sitting up again.

They walked into the loft and Casey put the bloodstained jacket in the bin and she looked at her undershirt and it was stained with blood and she was looking over at Derek.

Derek held out an extra one and Casey took it, as she was shaking so badly that she nearly dropped it.

Casey eventually gave up as silently without comment, she left it folded on the bed, as Derek's hand rested on her shoulder and she looked at him. "He died, saving me." She rasped and she winced in pain.

"I figured." Derek said and he looked down at the triskelion amulet around her neck, as Casey was looking at it too.

Derek leaned down toward her and he still held her hand in his, as he was gently pulling her towards him and as their mouths met again, Casey could taste the salty tears.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.8M 55.8K 137
"Mine," he answered as his forehead touched her's. A serious expression set across his face. "That all depends," she replied. "On what?" "If you keep...
985K 29.6K 47
❝Contrary to the popular belief, there's a very thin & fragile line between saying too much, and saying too little. More often than not, you'll find...
64.7K 1.3K 59
All Haley wanted was a normal life but being the daughter of two very powerful alphas and her boyfriend being a werewolf hunter complicated things. A...
5K 239 16
"My friends..." Calavera shook her head, sounding almost annoyed. "I don't think you're aware of your poor timing. Do you know what the dark moon is...