|LXIII|

"The Divine Move (II)"
______________________

Derek's phone buzzed and he was looking at Casey next to him, who was soundly asleep next to him in the bed and wearing his shirt from earlier. He reached over and he looked at his cell phone, as he sighed.

Casey was still soundly asleep as he carefully stood up and he got dressed again. Derek grabbed his cell-phone and he looked over at Casey, who was still soundly asleep as he looked over at her. Derek put his phone into his pocket and he walked away, quickly out of the loft, before he could turn back to stay and change his mind.

Casey woke up and she looked around, realizing as soon as she opened her eyes that Derek, that he was gone.

Casey got up swiftly and swiftly, she looked at her phone. Casey turned on the locator app to find Derek and, she found out that his phone signal, it was coming from the high school.

Casey quickly typed out a message and she waited patiently for the other person to respond.

The message came through from the other and Casey, she was quickly now getting up from the ground, throwing a pair of pants on and a too big jacket over Derek's shirt that she wore.

The door to the loft opened and Casey's gun was pointed immediately now at the doorway, only to see that it was Kaneko standing there, with his familiar katana across his back. "You ready to fight?" He asked as she was nodding quickly. "You might-might need a few silver weapons to make that work." He said and he held out a belt full of knives, and Casey looked at him, before she nodded and Kaneko handed her the weapons. "Let's go."

Casey jumped out of the car and she immediately yanked out a knife, and she raced as quickly as she was able to, toward the all-too familiar roaring of Derek and the former alpha twins.

Casey flung the knife hard and the Oni that was attacking Derek, it had stumbled back from the attack. She pulled out another one as soon as she could and then, one of the Oni had appeared behind her.

"Casey!" Derek shouted in clear warning for her, right up until a katana was suddenly blocking the strike.

Kaneko held the other end as the Oni was swiftly backing away, and it was now swinging the sword defensively and the ocean kitsune advanced on it now, with a now very dangerous look in its' eyes.

"Casey, get the box to the others, inside the school!" Derek called out to her and Casey looked over really quickly at the triskele box, before she was ducking and avoiding the fights as fast as she could, just trying to get to the box. Only for two more Oni to get in her way and she had a knife in each hand, as she backed up and they advanced on her with their swords up and ready.

Until Aiden was lunging past her to attack the Oni and Casey grabbed for the box, only to have one of the swords cut her across the stomach and she cried out, as she let go of the box and she staggered back.

Then suddenly, a wave of water tore through the area and sent the nearest Oni flying. Casey looked up to see that Kaneko was engaging the two, just to give Aiden a break as Casey was now against the wall.

"You are not dying." Derek swiftly picked her up and he was carrying her to the stairs, and Casey was swiftly pressing her hand against the wound. "Casey." He said as she looked at him. "Don't shut your eyes. Casey, don't you dare. You hear me?" Derek asked and she nodded.

"Behind you." She rasped and Derek spun around catching the Oni's sword by the hilt and he flung it away. "You really," Casey coughed, shaking her head. "You really thought, that I honestly would accept you... Just leaving?" She asked quietly and she was coughing and Derek looked over at her.

"No goodbyes." Derek said and he raced back into the fight with a roar and then suddenly, Argent and Isaac had shown up and another one of the Oni was dead and down for the count.

Isaac ran into the school with the triskele box and Casey was leaning her head back against the wall, as she felt the poison moving faster.

It was as if, for every Oni that was being taken down and killed, it was a trigger for the poison to move faster.

"Casey, stay awake." Derek said and the last Oni was dead, but Aiden had already been stabbed with the Oni's blade, full on and Casey immediately, the only thing that she could see was Tye.

------

Tye, falling to a pair of Oni blades through the heart from two different blades.

--------

Casey looked at the wound swiftly where her hand had been resting and it had completely healed. Casey looked over at Derek, who held out a hand as she accepted the hand up and she was standing next to him.

Casey grabbed his hand and Derek looked at her, as she was nodding a little. Derek walked over to crouch next to Aiden and Casey, she followed and she looked at him.

Casey typed something into a voice app and she pressed enter. "You saved me. I owe you one now."

"I guess you're not just a hunter then, are you? I was wrong and I'm sorry." Aiden said and Casey looked at him, before she typed again.

"You had every right to assume. I looked like a hunter, I have a dozen weapons on me at all times, I have the freaking code tattooed on the inside of my arm. You had every right." Aiden nodded a little.

Aiden was dead and Casey was looking over at Derek, who was already walking away. Casey caught up to him and Derek was silently now looking over at her. She took his hand and Derek looked at their hands, as he looked back up as the wolfish features were gone.

Kaneko was now cleaning his katana sword and Casey coughed a bit at him to get his attention.

Kaneko looked up at the two of them quickly and he checked, that the long blade was clear of blood, right before he slid it smoothly back into the sheath on his back. "You two both survived. The Calaveras family's best hunter and then the grumpy Hale werewolf, a match made in hell for most." He pointed out and Casey shrugged. "Tye was a good kid, he didn't deserve that." Kaneko said.

"Nobody deserves that." Derek muttered and Kaneko glanced at him and Derek sighed. "Thank you." He said and Kaneko raised his eyebrows at the words, before he looked quietly over at Casey, who pulled out her phone and she typed with the same hand.

"Don't look at me here, man. Because for once, this is all Derek and none of my influence." Casey's phone spoke for her and Kaneko shrugged a little.

"It kind of didn't seem all that fair for you to run off into a fight, while leaving Casey behind. Besides, you left without saying goodbye to her, properly." Kaneko said as Casey was resting her head on Derek's shoulder, as Kaneko smirked. "You have a very seriously exhausted human being."

Derek eventually just completely picked Casey up, as the human was out like a light as he carried her, very carefully away from the school.