𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔

By Dedun_Herself

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫... More

Hola✨
𝕊ℍ𝔸ℝ𝔻𝕊
ℙℝ𝕆𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙰𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚃𝙸𝙲𝚂 1
𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚂𝙸𝚇
Not a update
𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴
𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝙳 𝙿𝚁𝙴𝙵𝙴𝙲𝚃𝚂
𝚃𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇
ANNOUNCEMENT
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 (𝙰)
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙱)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃(𝙰)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃(𝙱)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙲)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 (𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙲)
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
ANNOUNCEMENT
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

363 137 111
By Dedun_Herself

Yooooo, fam!

Good evening.🖤

Enjoy✨🥂

Oh, and, read carefully.🌚

______________𖧷______________

"𝐼 𝑑𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑛𝑑.
𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑤.
𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟."

_______________𖧷________________

~𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙸𝚁𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙰 𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙺~

"For the nth time! Olafimihan, just…" I paused, threading my fingers through my braids whilst shifting on my heels-clad feet from one leg to another.

"Kira__"

I cut him off.

"Please, leave me alone," I sighed tiredly.

"Kira, what are you saying nau? Make it make sense! Have you been listening to what I have been saying?" He sounded ridiculous. No shit.

"I don't want to listen!" I snapped. It dawned on me a moment after that I was on the road, yelling like a maniac and that was all it took for me to compose myself.

"When are we going to talk about this?" He queried, his voice drawn to a whisper. I rolled my eyes, tucking my hand into the pocket of my jeans.

"Buzz off." That was the last thing I said to him and I ended the call. I opened my mini bag and threw my phone in it, zipping it shut and pushing my braids backwards. I exhaled and palmed my forehead, my gaze dropping to the familiar black iron gate.

I swallowed, audibly, a twinge of fear engulfing me. 

What if she doesn't want me here?

My eyes skimmed the gate, moving from it and not over to the now deserted road. The absence of my car reminded me that I had already sent David on an errand, the minute he dropped me there. Maybe, I shouldn't have. I would have just gotten into the car and gone back home.

Quite cowardly of you, don't you think?

That tiny voice subtly reminded me, eliciting an eye roll from me. I puffed out some air and ran my palms over my baggy jeans, then I approached the gate. I knocked on it gently and waited for the Gatekeeper to show up. The clanging of metal against one another gave away the fact that he was already opening the gate.

The iron gate was pushed open, and his familiar face came into view. I smiled at him and he threw me an acknowledging nod. I stepped into the compound and made my way to the entrance. The shrill sound of my ringtone stopped me short. I groaned loudly and retrieved my phone from my bag.

A grimace married my features.

Is this guy deaf?!

I didn't understand what his problem was. If you call someone incessantly and they do not pick up, common sense should tell you that they do not want to SPEAK WITH YOU!

This guy was beginning to irritate every last nerve in me. He was as clingy as fuck.

Argh!

I hissed through my teeth and switched my phone off. He can go to hell. I rang the doorbell twice and waited for a response while I tried to steady my shaky and erratic breathing. The door creaked and I recognized the lady to be the maid.

"Good morning," I greeted softly. She stepped aside and I strutted in, heading straight for the stairs, my heels making clunking sounds with each step I took.

What a day to wear heels.

I thought it was the anchor to the vibe my outfit was giving. It simply wasn't complete without it.

My eyes dropped to the large portrait of the breathtaking woman who had a dazzling smile on her face, donning a black sequin gown that hugged her curves like a second skin. Her light brown eyes and glowing light skin reminded me of Zee. Mrs Johnsons and her daughter shared a striking resemblance.

Not only that, their energy was so alike. I have never seen that woman without a warm smile plastered on her face. She was subtly giving the fine-ass Igbo woman vibe without stress.

I let out a deep sigh and ascended the staircase, taking the turn that led to her room. The doorknob and I engaged in a staring contest. I with my reluctance and irrational fear of stepping into her room and the knob silently mocking me about how much of a horrible friend I was.

The guilt was eating me up, deeply, wanting to swallow me whole. I tucked a stray braid behind my ear and licked my dry lips, then pushed the door open.

My jaw went slack, dropping to the floor with a loud thud. My eyes widened in shock at the sight in front of me.

The scene I just walked in on.

Jeremy had her trapped underneath him, their lips locked in a steamy kiss. She had one of her hands at the back of his head and one of her legs wrapped around his waist.

Were they fucking kidding me right now?

Geez, these kids!

"Ashley!!" I shrieked loudly.

The duo pulled away and I heard a soft chuckle escape the brown-skinned boy's lips. I glared at the back of his head, wishing I could haul my bag at him. Jeremy's amusement-filled eyes swatted over to me and I rolled my eyes.

"You guys forgot to lock the door? What if it wasn't me who walked in? Of course, you guys forgot to lock the door. How will you two remember when you were busy shoving your tongues down each other's throats? Ewww!" I snapped, glaring at the duo.

"Jer, be a good boy and excuse us," I said through gritted teeth and he got off her. I turned to Chizaram who had a light smile on her face, staring at the boy like he was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Her curls were sticking out everywhere and the straps of her tank top were almost falling off her shoulders.

Jeremy chuckled and dropped a chaste kiss on her lips. Then, he leaned in and whispered something into her ear and she giggled like a two-year-old.

Omooo, see wetin man turn my friend to?

He grabbed his jacket and got off the bed.

"I'll call you, love." He said, without looking at his girl. His eyes were solely fixed on me, a tiny smirk on his lips. I scrunch my face in a tight frown.

"Hey, Kira." He teased and I waited for him to walk past him before I smacked him with my shoulder bag. He guffawed loudly, sauntering out of the room.

I reluctantly turned to Chizaram, who had her attention fixed on her phone, scrolling through it.

Yeah, she was ignoring me.

"Can we talk?" I asked, my tone laced with exasperation.

She didn't utter a word.

"Chizaram," I called sternly this time around.

"What do you want, Shakira?" She inquired, her voice filled with exhaustion. Was I being a disturbance?

My mouth snapped shut.

"If you don't have anything to say, aunty, get out of my room and lock my door." She hissed and returned to her phone. It felt as though Chizaram's words were needles, laced with venom that pierced through my skin, hurting the shit out of me.

"Zee, I just want to talk," I told her.

"Why should we?" She inquired and held up her palm in my face, politely telling me to shut the fuck up and that she wasn't done talking.

I obeyed.

"The last time I checked, you threw me out of your house. I won't hang around and have you treat me like shit. If this is how you want it, then so be it." She said monotonously and got off her bed, walking over to her dresser. She grabbed a band and threw her hair in a messy bun.

"Zee, stop being so difficult for goodness sake!" I snapped at her, irritation engulfing me.

"No, Shakira. You should stop being so difficult!" Her response was swift and sharp. I flinched at the harshness her voice held.

She wasn't even done.

"The irony," She scoffed.

"I should be the one telling you that, not the other way round. I do not see any reason to do this with you if we can't be fucking honest with each other!" She fired at me and I swear, I didn't see that coming. It caught me off guard.

I have never seen her lose her cool this way. She always tried her best to remain calm even in tense situations. But this? She looked really mad. 

"Chizaram," I called quietly, in shock.

"What!" She shot at me. She moved away from her dresser, marching over to where I stood by the door in fury.

"Last I checked, I was the one doing too much. I was the mumu that was trying so hard and now that I have decided not to do anything, you come crying like a baby!"

I was stupefied.

"You can't say things like that to people and expect them to still have your back! And if anything, that was you telling me how you truly feel about our friendship!" Her voice was breaking, slowly losing the confidence it had, a few minutes ago.

I opened my mouth to speak but I snapped it shut, unable to find the right words to convey my thoughts.

"I was only trying to help, Shakira. I didn't deserve to be treated that way. All I have ever wanted was for you to be open with me and not so fucking secretive all the damn time. All I have ever wanted was for you to lean on me and let me help you figure this out!" She screamed in my face and I veered backwards without being shoved by anything. 

My eyes were clouded with tears.

"Let me help you get through this thing. This thing is eating you up and slowly sucking the life outta you. I just want to help but you suddenly made it a crime! So, if this is how you want it then, fine. I'm done!" She wheezed lightly, breathing heavily.

The tears I was struggling to hold back came pouring down, heavily. I walked past her quietly and plopped my weight on the bed.

I was trying…

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, Shakira. Let's help you get through this. You have me, you have Khalil and as weird as it sounds,  there's Stefan. That guy cares about you more than himself. We all want to help you." Her voice was soft, assuring and filled with concern. She walked over to where I sat, where I was bawling my eyes out and sat beside me, wrapping her arms around me.

"Fine, if you can't talk to me about it, then seek professional help with this therapist you said they got you. At least, you'll be comfortable talking to a professional, if you are not comfortable talking about it with me. Just stop pushing us away and shutting us out…" She paused and sighed.

"It'll only make it hurt more." She took my hands in hers and squeezed them gently. I looked up and my eyes met hers which were filled with nothing but utter love and softness.

How did I get so lucky?

I knew I didn't deserve her. Not one bit.

"I'm so sorry. I just don't know what to do anymore." I spoke gently.

"I was still trying to piece everything together and that happened again. It was all just too much,"

"I don't even know how to deal with it anymore. On some days, I just feel so numb and on other days, it just comes rushing back in. It gets so overwhelming, giving me not even the slightest chance to breathe," I released a shaky breath.

"I just don't want to be like this anymore…" My voice was drawn to a whisper and I could feel myself getting teary-eyed again.

"You are being so hard on yourself, Kira. It's high time you stopped dwelling on the bad things that happen to you. There are good ones too." She told me, giving me an assuring smile.

"It was a mistake. You didn't mean for it to happen. Have you even spoken to him?" She asked, tucking a stray braid behind my ear. I shook my head in response.

"He called on my way here and I blew him off. I don't want to talk to him, Zee." I grimaced and she sighed.

"You guys really need to talk things out, Kira. Just…talk to him so that you guys can be on the same page." She engulfed me in a warm hug and I leaned into her, feeling light-hearted.

"You should talk to Doctor Laura, you know? She'll be able to help you in ways that I can't. Promise me you'll call her." She broke the hug, staring at me expectantly.

I shook my head.

I didn't want to.

"I don't know, Zee. I don't know if I'm ready to talk to her. I don't know if I want to see her again." I sniffed.

"Okay, let's do it this way,"

"If you go to her place after three times and you are still not comfortable seeing her. You can stop going. We can always find another therapist. So, what do you say?" She asked, a hopeful glint swirling in those warm brown orbs.

I swallowed.

She tilted her head to the side, waiting for my response and I went silent for a moment.

"Fine," I answered reluctantly. She squealed and drew me in for a bone-crushing hug.

"I hate fighting with you. I don't want to fight anymore. Please, don't be mad at me. I'll do better, I promise." I pouted, staring at her.

"No more secrets?" She asked, arching her brow and I nodded vigorously.

"I promise. No more secrets." I giggled, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

"So," I drawled. She stared back at me in bemusement and I chuckled.

"Calm your nerves. Nothing is wrong." I waved her off.

"What do you say to a sleepover? At your place? I told David to help us get some stuff at the___" I didn't finish my sentence when she attacked me with a hug, shrieking loudly.

"Omg, we are going to have so much fun?" She squealed, nearly hurting my eardrums with how loud she sounded.

Our loud shrieks and giggles filled the entire room in no time.

                                      •••••

"Shakira,"

"Shakira,"

"Mama, wake up!" She sounded frustrated. I turned to the other side, curling into a ball and clutching the cover to myself. 

"Shakira nau," She whined, eliciting a loud groan from me. My eyes fluttered open and I winced internally at the brightness of the lights that seeped into my eyes, all at once. I squeezed my eyes shut, unable to adjust to the sensitivity of the light, pulling the covers over my head.

"Kiraaaa," She called my name through gritted teeth. I gave up. I sighed and pushed the white material off my body. I opened my eyes after a little struggle of adjusting to the light. I sat up and yawned, peering at the glaring girl through my lashes.

"I specifically told you not to wake me up." That was the first thing I said to her. It wasn't long after I arrived that I decided to take a nap. No, scratch that, I begged to take a nap. It's been barely an hour and she decided she had to wake me up for some reason I didn't even want to listen to right now.

All I wanted was to sleep.

Yeah, sleep right through the fun sleepover you promised her.

Please, shut the gutter you call a mouth.

"Yeah, plans changed." She shrugged and I squinted my eyes at her in disbelief. I arched one of my brows at her, subtly asking her why the hell she woke me up.

"The guys texted me that they are at Doyeen's" She divulged and I snorted, falling back onto the bed and throwing the covers over my body. That didn't last long because she yanked them off my body, much to my annoyance.

"Zee!"

"My friend, will you stand up and go and get dressed? I don't want us to keep them waiting. Kazeem is waiting for us downstairs. I'll give you five minutes." She dished out orders. Non-stop. I sat up and exhaled, nodding my head.

After all, there was no use arguing with her.

"What the hell am I going to wear?" I queried.

"You don't expect me to wear a nightie, do you? Abi make I wear my school uniform?" I asked, snickering. She threw me a dirty look and I took that as an opportunity to give her a once-over.

Ahn ahn, what's all these cuteness?

My girl was slaying the peach flower print puff-sleeve off-the-shoulder top she wore on figure-hugging shorts. It was tucked neatly in it, and a white belt was holding the shorts at the waist.

She had her voluminous curls unpacked, her lips coated in a bright red matte lipstick, pairing her look with huge peach fur slides and a black Yves Saint Laurent bag.

Her outfit was so cute.

I found myself grinning so widely in no time.

"I picked out something that could fit you." She simply told me, rolling her eyes and then, sauntered into the closet without waiting for my response.

Can't a girl get some rest?

I came to her place the moment I got back from school. And when I finally wanted to get some rest, she just had to be so annoying and wake me up so we could go to Doyeen's to meet the guys.

Where the hell was Doyeen's anyways?

I groaned, picking up my phone from the nightstand to check the time. It read: 4:30

"Oya, wear this one." She threw a two-piece at me and I was lucky to have caught it, else, it would have landed on my face. I got out of the baggy shirt I was clad in and wore the clothes. I walked over to the dresser to check how it looked on me and well, it was surprisingly cute.

"Awwww, it fits." She cooed.

It was a grey mono-strap long-sleeved crop top. The sleeve rested perfectly on my cuffs, paired with thick grey joggers that had a bold inscription of feelings printed at the upper thigh area. The outfit she picked out for me was so comfortable.

I loved it!

She sat my butt on the stool and unwrapped my bonnet from my head, letting my braids down. She grabbed her Hawaiian leave-in conditioner and applied a large amount onto my scalp, massaging the white gooey substance into it.

She styled my hair in a high bun, then laid my edges to perfection.

"I don't want makeup o!" I whined, eliciting a loud hiss from her. I picked up one of her clear glosses and dabbed a little onto my lips before she could utter a word. I sprayed my perfume then, I clipped on some large hoop earrings and got off the chair, pouting at my reflection in the mirror.

"Kira, nau!" She stomped her foot on the floor, childishly. I slid my feet into the comfy black Golf ball slides she picked out for me. I skipped to the bed and threw my phone into my bag, turning to her with a smile.

She nodded impressively and we headed out of the room, shutting the door behind us.

Doyeen's treats, like Zee, said, was just a twenty-five minutes drive from Ikoyi. The driver drove into the building, swerving to his right where the parking lot was located. He found the perfect spot and pulled over, turning off the ignition.

"Kazeem, I'll text you once we are done," Zee told the driver and we stepped out of the car. My mouth went slack, in awe of the tall building that stood proudly, a few feets away from us. The architectural design was distinct and a tad bit complex, pulling off something so…unusual.

"Wait till you see the interior," Zee's tease-filled voice seeped into my thoughts as she slipped her arm into mine, pulling me into the building.

She pushed the delicate black glass doors open and I could swear that it felt like we stepped into an entirely different world. I froze, taking in the interior of the massive space. Yeah, Smooth Ice's decor was amazing but this? I was blown away.

The rectangular space was three-toned themed. A warm mixture of white, blush pink and soft lilac. Those three colours dominated the entire space and on G, I have never seen a place that looked this good with the combo of these three bright colours. Saying that this Cafe was beautiful, was a pure understatement. Heck, I couldn't find words to describe how beautiful it looked.

They pulled off something amazing.

The soft cushions and sofas I couldn't wait to seat my butt on were of the three colours, thrown in and they blended perfectly with the white tables. Each table was decorated with a large vase that housed a bouquet of dark red roses and snowglobes!!

Ugh!

I want to sleep in here!

"Cat got your tongue?" The light-skinned girl beside me drew me out of my reverie. I diverted my attention to her, momentarily. Her light brown orbs shone with thorough amusement.

I couldn't find my voice. I nodded.

"I knew you'd love it!" She squealed softly.

The white and golden lights that illuminated the cafe gave it a warm glow that was so in your face and soft at the same time. Ruthie B's Dandelions emitted the speakers in soft volumes. It wasn't necessarily loud but you could still hear it perfectly.

"Oh, there they are!" Chizaram's chirpy voice pierced through my thoughts, again. I looked to my left, and close to the rear end of the Cafe was where our friends occupied. She didn't wait for me to say one more word before dragging us over to their booth.

Of course, Jeremy and Abasi were at it again.

That'd be the only reason he was laughing so hard. His head was thrown backwards, his broad shoulders quaking with laughter.

"Jer Jer, rest. Your babe don come." Abasi announced and the brown-skinned boy looked over his shoulder, his eyes dropping to Chizaram's lithe frame, zeroing in on her. The light-skinned girl slipped her hands out of my and skipped over to meet her boyfriend. Jeremy was smiling so hard, I feared his mouth would stretch into two.

This guy was so obsessed with her.

She ditched me to meet man!

I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"Hey, guys!" I uttered a greeting, sliding into the nearest seat my butt could find. 

"Yo kay!" Abasi grinned and got off his seat. I chuckled. I knew what he was going to do. The guy could be so extra. He walked over to where I was seated, drawing me in for a side hug which I reciprocated, patting his back gently.

"Tah! get away!" Jeremy gave him a dirty look and he flipped him off. The bright lights illuminated the light-skinned boy's all-white attire. He was clad in a white short-sleeved vintage shirt and matching baggy trousers. It looked so good on him. There was nothing he wore that wasn't worth sparing him a glance twice.

Jeremy was wearing a black leather jacket over a white inner. His signature Oris wristwatch was strapped around his wrist, his arm was wrapped around his girl's frame. The cute sly thing was beaming with smiles.

My eyes skimmed the table and moved over to my left, locking in a stare with a warm pair of eyes that stared back at me, amusement swirling in them. My cheeks reddened in embarrassment and I heard Abasi's snickers. 

"Hey," I mouthed shyly at him.

"Good evening, Reina…" The nickname I had grown strangely accustomed to rolled off his tongue smoothly like it was coated with honey, his voice holding a certain amount of depth to it.

I turned crimson, again.

My eyes raked his attire with subtlety, eliciting an unconscious nod from me. He definitely didn't disappoint. Looking good in casuals whilst slaying and stepping on 'em necks with ease.

 The brown sweater he wore was almost the same shade as his skin, it aligned perfectly with his complexion, exuding a Goldish-milky perfection. His sweater was paired with matching brown trousers that looked like wool material.

I blinked and exhaled softly, my eyes dropped to the trio that sat opposite us. My cheeks chose that moment to rat me out, darkening in colour. Chizaram giggled, nudging her smirking boyfriend.

I glared at him once I remembered what happened this afternoon.

"Guys, let's order." Stefan's voice drew me back to reality. I watched as he beckoned a waiter to come over. I picked up one of the menus lying on the table, my eyes browsing through its contents.

Hmm, yummy.

"Good evening, my name's Dunmade and I'm your waitress for the evening. What would you like to have?" The feminine voice asked. My head shot up from the menu, and my eyes locked with beautiful hazel ones that scanned through our table.

She had on a dark-green Bob wig that seemed to highlight the green shade her hazel eyes took under the bright lights. When I squinted my eyes it looked golden brown. The way the colour changes was fascinating.

Her stud sat pretty on her nose, augmenting the hoops below her nostrils. Her lilac shirt that had Doyeen's treats imprinted on it was tied into a knot at the side, paired with some comfy shorts and white sneakers.

The light-skinned girl tilted her head to the side, her hazel eyes shone with amusement and a light smirk crept onto her lips as she sized me up beneath her thick dark lashes.

Okayyyyy, I like her!

She seemed so badass.

It was so obvious with the way she carried herself and the subtle poise in her aura. I cleared my throat and chuckled.

"I'll have some glazed doughnuts, a box of six and a strawberry smoothie. You can add two slices of chocolate cake." Chizaram was the first person to speak.

I watched as she jotted down her orders.

"Make it for two," Jeremy added curtly.

"Chocolate chip cookies and a cup of hot chocolate." Abasi grinned, his chocolate orbs trained on the light-skinned girl, like she fascinated him.

Ugh, Abasi!

She nodded, jotting it down.

"Two croissants and a tube of vanilla ice cream," Stefan told her and then, I knew I was the last person that had to order. Her gaze moved from the guys, settling on me with a smirk.

I stared back at her, smiling.

She…fascinated me.

For real.

I loved the vibe that she gave off. Yes, I barely knew her but I found her intriguing.

"What about you, brownie?" She asked and I chuckled at the nickname.

"A big-sized yoghurt parfait, two croissants and two muffins, please," I answered, softly. She nodded her head, without looking at me, jotting on her cute notepad.

I kept my eyes fixated on her small frame.

"Thank you, Dunmade," I added. Her head shot up from her notepad and her Hazel eyes locked with mine in a blank stare. 

"Your orders are coming right up." And with that, she spun on her heels, heading over to the counter.

"What was that?" Stefan was the first person to ask. I looked to the guys, averting my eyes from her receding figure. Their eyes shone with bemusement and I waved it off, dismissively, with a soft smile.

"She's cute," I told them. Chizaram rolled her eyes and turned to her boyfriend, pulling his cheeks, and eliciting a giggle from me. The poor guy looked ridiculous. I looked away from them, only to meet Stefan's lingering gaze.

I smiled shyly at him.

"You look beautiful," He said softly and blood rushed to my cheeks, sending heat across them. I peeled my eyes off him, toying with the chain of my Chanel bag. I chewed on my bottom lip, suppressing a smile.

"Guys!" Abasi's chirpy voice grabbed our attention. My head shot up from its initial position, setting on the grinning boy that had his phone in the air. He was making a video. He zeroed the camera in on our faces, making a few silly faces into the camera before ending the video.

"Stefan and Shakira, say cheese." Abasi grinned and I rolled my eyes, scooting over to the caramel-skinned boy beside me.

"Ode," Jeremy muttered under his breath, eliciting a soft laugh from me. After which I heard the clicking sound of his camera.

"You didn't let me pose properly nau!" I whined, folding my arms across my chest. 

"It's beautiful, do you want to see it?" He asked me and I got off my seat, snatching the phone from him, not without shooting him a glare.

I gasped lightly, staring back at the picture that graced the screen of Abasi's iPhone. I couldn't take my eyes off it. The picture was beautifully captured. 

"It's beautiful," Stefan spoke up, gently.

"Yes, it is," I answered, my voice drawn to a whisper. My eyes lingered on Stefan's smiling face beside me in the picture. He was…so beautiful.

"Here are your orders." The familiar voice interrupted us and I looked up from the phone, watching as she set our snacks on the table.

"Thank you," I told her, warmly. She gave me a soft smile and grabbed the tray, sauntering off. 

"Food!" Chizaram squealed like a child.  You could feel the excitement radiating off her in waves, the grin on her face was uncontrollable and she tore the packet of glazed doughnuts open. She picked one and took a bite with her eyes closed, savouring the taste.

"Babe, this is amazing." She said with a mouthful of doughnut. The brown-skinned guy watched her, thoroughly amused while Abasi munched away on his cookies.

My eyes settled on Stefan's palm that rested on his lap. I moved mine over his, setting it on it gently before squeezing it. My eyes met his as he took my hand in his, entwining our fingers.

I kept my eyes fixated on his, a smile spreading across my face as I tried to ignore the sudden rush of sparks that coursed through every inch of the blood that flowed through my veins, leaving a burning sensation at the tip of my fingers.

In his eyes, there were tons of emotions I couldn't bring myself to decode.

I spent the rest of the fun-filled evening at Doyeen's with my friends, basking in the effortless comfort their company had to offer.

It was so much fun.

Real fun.

Something I haven't had in a longest time.

A/N

*Slurps coke*

Friends like Zee!!😂🤝 They love you but won't hesitate to show you craze when you fuck up. As it should be, please.😌🤝

The phone call with Ola though.🌚

Zee and Jer Jer boo😂😭💔

Hehehe, Dunmade at Doyeen's treats? And Shakira seems to like her.🌚 What are your thoughts on this?🌚

Isn't Abasi such a cute boy?😭

Hard girl, hard girl, Shakira blushed like fifty times within two minutes. Fear men!!

You read carefully, shey?😌

Anyhoo, don't forget to vote, comment and share, fam. We all know it goes a long way. Till the weekend.✨

Adiós ✨

Love, Didi.♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 151 8
"I hate that you can see right through me" "The feeling's mutual" She was scarred from the event that occurred the summer before college. Thre...
1.7K 94 34
"Everything I need is here," he whispered in my ear. I looked into his eyes, only to see me in them. He pulled me closer; we were just inches away f...
2.1K 49 14
《《 ♡ Wounds heal. Scars Don't ♡ 》》 • The story of an Indian girl brought up by the most loving parents and an Indian boy who's never known love be...
19.8K 442 58
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...