when we were young (JEM#1)

Від spicytuna22

Jamie Ashanti Robinson had worked hard to get where she is being a young black lawyer in New York when an opp... Більше

prolouge
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
Question

11.

952 52 3
Від spicytuna22

Aggressively banging on the door of her brothers home, shakiyah had made an appearance

"Open the door! Open it right now or I'll kick it open."

Hearing no response on the other side she backed away from the door before violently kicking it.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR RIGHT NOW YOU BITCH!"

On the other side of the door kiara was visibly shaking from anger and fear. She had came back from a 12 hour shift at the hospital working as a nurse 20 minutes before shakiyah had started the banging. J'Shaun hadn't come home yet and she didn't know What to do.

But by the on-slew of violent kicking and yelling coming from the front door she could tell shakiyah had relapsed.

Picking up her phone she rushed to call her husband which went straight to voicemail multiple times.  As a last resort she sent her brother a text about her situation.

Shakiyah's here and she's pissed. Kiara.

What's that gotta do with me ? Kareem.

She's getting real violent, I think she's using again. Kiara.

Imma be there in 15. Kareem.

Sighing she made her way towards the coach and plopped down before trying to call her husband again. This time he answered.

"Hello?"

"J'Shaun, your sister is outside our house acting a fool. I think she's high on something cause she kicking up the door and screaming. Can you come home please." She didn't want Kareem to deal with her alone.

"Yeah, I'm coming."
____

Speeding down the street Kareem heart was pumping straight out of his chest.

He had heard from Kiara awhile back after shakiyah gave birth she started doing hard drugs before getting clean. But he didn't believe it till now.

In the distance he noticed his sisters house and and a figure was angrily pounding on the door.

Parking his car across the street he hoped out his car and made his way towards her.

"What the fuck are you doing shakiyah?! Your out here banging on my sisters door making all this noise for what?"

Hearing the sound of Kareem's voice she stopped her assault on the door and quickly directed her attention to him.

He looked different than the last time she saw him in person. His once ear length locks were now brushing against his shoulder's. the entirety of his left harm was covered in tattoos that expressed many meanings.

"I was looking for you a-and I couldn't find you so I came to ask Kiara. But that bitch won't open the door!""

"Watch how you talk about my sister!" Kareem was always protective of sisters. "She ain't got nothing to do with this."

"Well that bitch is the only way I can find you, cause you've been ignoring me all for what that bitch who was in those pictures?" Shakiyah was heavily jealous that Kareem wouldn't give her the time of the day whilst he gave random women all his attention. "You think she's better than me huh?"

She was starting to get erratic. Her usual mocha brown skin tone was turning red as her pupils became heavily dilated.

An onlooker from one of the neighbouring houses had enough and called the police to make a complaint.

"Watch the way you speak shakiyah." Kareem didn't like that she was speaking ill of Jamie.

"Or what kareem, whatchu you gonna do about it."

As he was about to answer he heard the sound of sirens approaching.

Getting frantic shakiyah was running out of options. She could stay there and argue or go home and try again later. Thinking it over she realized she couldn't risk getting arrested again, especially with no one to take care of her daughter.

Turning around and running to her car she sped off just as her brother arrived.

"What's going on?" J'Shaun asked as he stepped out the car.

"Yo crazy ass sister came up here acting a fool and disrespected my sister who is your wife!" He explained angrily throwing his hands in the air. "She needs to get her shit together and stop worrying about me and fix her own life."

Blue and red lights flashed as a police car pulled up In front of the house.

"Is there a problem I was called for a disturbance in the area?" the officer asked as he stepped out of his car.

"Nah everything sorted out."

"Alright just keep the noise level down." after checking the surrounding area per protocol the officer went back to his car and drove off.

"Imma head out i'on wanna be here no more." dapping up his brother in law he hopped back in his car and started his drive home.

----
Sneezing for what felt like the millionth time Jamie rolled out of her bed to go make some tea.

Jamie was sick. Scratch that Jamie was always sick. It was a monthly occurrence for her like a period and she hated her weak ass immune system for it,

Eyeing the rose bottle in the cabinet she sipped on the bitter-ass ginger tea she had to drink every time she was sick due to constantly losing her voice. Grabbing the bottle she poured the pink liquid into her cup before taking another sip with a smile.

A little alcohol never hurt nobody

Grabbing her beats headphones she connected them to her phone and beaded straight to Spotify to play her music.

Searching through an array of songs she finally came across a song she knew would have her feeling slightly more alive.

Method man by Wu-tang clan

Something about the beat of the song has her doing weird shit. Especially when she has alcohol in her system.

In the middle of her session her music cut off due to an incoming call.

"Who the fuck calling my phone." she angrily grumbled before answering. "Hello."

"Aight girl, there was no need for all that attitude." pulling her phone away from her to look at the caller ID, she realized Kareem had called her.

"Mmcht, whatchu calling me for.?"

"Why you sound like that?" Jamie's voice was ten times raspier than usual and on top of that her nose was stuffy which made her sound like a lawnmower that smokes cigarettes daily.

"I'm sick" she coughed out. "But again, what are you calling me."

"I'm coming over to your apartment." he explained as he stopped at a red light. "Cause im bored."

"Am I entertainment to you?" she questioned.

"Yes." he answerd with no hesitation as the light turned green.

"Bye Kareem."she sighed getting ready to hang up.

"I'll bring food." He said as a last minute resort. He was really craving her company.

"What time will you be here." She said with a smirk.

I lied kinda. I gotta my last exam in 8 hours so pray for me.❤️

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

92K 3.8K 21
Nicole"Nicki"Morison is a 23 year old stripper. She strips to pay for college and take care of her 1 year old son King Marr. King's dad and Nicole's...
5K 1K 57
Sometimes we hold ourselves back. We tell ourselves we're fine, when the reality is we're just barely getting by. We're living in a world of grey...
1.9K 149 10
She's a stripper that wants to make it out. he's a man that doesn't think he'll ever love again but, what will happen when their worlds collide? REA...
2.9K 335 42
Meet Kristal Jane Anderson. The girl that feels as though she was stripped from all the joys of life on one ungodly night. A night that changed her w...