Dépaysement (h.s)

By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne is the owner of the tattoo shop Caim. Her life was anything but simple growing up and once sh... More

oo
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
77
78
79
80
81
82
83

76

219 2 0
By complicatedfr3aks

Harry Styles

My hands are pressed against the arms of the chair, I look up into his scared eyes with malice, "Don't make me beat it out of you, again..." I tilt my head with a smirk, "Where the fuck is the necklace?"

His breathing is very erratic, they always make themselves look like tough guys until they're confronted. "I already told you, I don't know!" He winces.

It's so hard not to laugh right now, he looks fucking pathetic.

I push myself off his chair and stand straight, "Alright, I believe you."

I don't have my rings on today otherwise I would be beating the air out of this guy. I look at Zayn and nod my head to the man sitting in the chair.

He cracks his knuckles and replaces myself with him, he swings his fist back and connects it with the guys face. Repeatedly.

"Let him talk now." I stop him. He steps back out of breath and arches his eyebrows, "So? Wanna tell us where it is?"

His unstable head leans back against the chair, his face is covered in his blood mixed with Zayn's from his knuckles. "It's gone."

Zayn's eyebrows furrow, "The fuck you mean it's gone?"

He manages to open one eye as the other ones swollen shut, "Exactly what I said dipshit. It no longer is in my care."

Wow someone's got a mouth now.

"Then where is it?"

He shrugs with a smirk, "Doesn't exist anymore. Well, most of it doesn't."

Zayn and I look at each other confused, he narrows his eyes at the man, "What do you mean?"

He sighs, "I sold it to a pretty woman who makes jewelry. She scrapped some of the parts and gave me money for the shit that counted. Made four hundred bucks."

Our eyes widen, "Four hundred?! You fucking cow that was worth over a hundred forty thousand dollars!" I shout.

He stole this necklace out of a museum, we were supposed to retrieve it for Luca but he beat us to it. We managed to find him with help from Zayn and Jade, he hacked into the computer system to find this guys face and uploaded it to a website to identify him, then Jade did a background check on him and found his whole name and place of residence.

He shrugs with a laugh, "Shit, I was scammed I guess."

"This is funny to you? You stole an expensive piece of jewelry from a museum, sold it and got dog shit money, then expected to get away?" Zayn gets in his face and grips his collars.

He rolls his eyes, "What's it to you? Do you work for the museum or something?"

I tilt my head with squinted eyes, "Or something."

The man shrugs, "Just let me go, none of us are getting it back."

Zayn turns his head back at me, silently asking what we should do.

"There's no way we can get the necklace and it's pieces back."

He purses his lips, "Give us the amount of money it's worth and we'll let you go."

His eyes widen, "You think I have that much? No chance in hell."

He shrugs, "Fine then, goodnight." He slams his elbow on the guys temple, just knocking him out for now.

"What the fuck do we do?" He fixes his jacket and grabs a wash cloth off this guys table to wipe his hands.

It's kinda funny that we're doing this in his own home.

"Kill him." I shrug.

He chuckles, "You wanna do the honors? I can go find as much money as he has and take it with us."

I nod, "Okay but I'm not dealing with the body." I wave him away as he rolls his eyes knowing he has to discard of the body.

I sit him up straight in the chair and get an idea.

If I'm doing this I wanna have fun with it.

I grab his left arm and lift it around his head having it sling over and grab his right arm and bring it down to his jeans, forcing his fingers to grip his confined dick.

I step back and look at my masterpiece. Perfect.

I take my gun out of my jacket pocket and aim right on his bruised temple, I press the trigger and the shot rings through my ears from being a bit too close.

He looks funny though so it was worth it.

I put my gun back in my jacket and wait around until I hear Zayn's footsteps approaching, "Why does he look like that?" His face scrunches in confusion.

I grin, "I had a little bit of fun. What'd you find?"

He holds up wads of cash and a credit card, "A thousand three hundred in cash and however much is on this."

"Alright deal with him then we'll withdrawal all of it later."

I leave Zayn to it and exit the house through the back not wanting to be seen and make it to the car parked on the side of the house.

It took Zayn almost thirty minutes to rid of the body, once he gets in the car I throw my hands up, "What took you so long?"

"Mate he's like four hundred pounds." He says out of breath.

"You cleaned the blood right?"

His eyebrows furrow like I'm stupid and he doesn't even answer. Fair enough.

We stop at the bank and managed to take out fifty three thousand, we'll just hand it off to the Precinct and see what we can get for it.

We don't have time today though, something more important is scheduled later.

I arrive at our apartment building and we get out, Zayn hides his hands in his pockets because of his bloodied knuckles and once we get into the apartment he runs straight to the sink to clean off.

"What time is this meeting?" He shouts over the running water, "Louis said three o clock." I reply.

We're meeting with the PI who is going to help find Delilah. Louis asked us all to go with, although I was hesitant I agreed just to see what he could really do. Louis was right, none of us have any time to actively search for her so getting a little help from a professional could be beneficial. I also wanna see if he's actually legit.

Louis comes running down the stairs in just black jeans with socks, "Why aren't you dressed? We gotta leave in ten." Zayn questions.

"I can't find any clean shirts for christ sakes, I haven't done my washing in a couple days." He runs around the stairs into the wash room, "Mate don't even think about it. Those are my clothes in there!" I yell.

"Oh humor me Harold!" He shouts and walks back out wearing one of my plain white shirts. I roll my eyes, "You're an ass you know that?" He grins at me in response whilst fixing the sleeves.

I check the time on my watch, "Where's Niall?" We leave soon and he's not here.

"I texted him about it but he never answered." Louis messes with my shirt on him, it's a bit big.

My eyebrows furrow, "Then let's go get him."

They nod, Zayn grabs all the stuff we need to give to him and we exit the apartment, taking the elevator to Niall's floor.

I pound on the door a couple times awaiting someone to open it.

No one does.

I jiggle the doorknob and it opens so I happily walk in, "Nialler where you at?!" I shout looking around his place.

Jade comes into view from the top of the stairs, she walks down a step and sniffles, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Getting Niall, we gotta meet with the PI." Zayn sits on their couch.

"PI? Huh?" She crosses her arms.

Louis nods, "Yeah we hired one to find—" he clears his throat, "Delilah."

Her eyes widen, "Oh Niall didn't tell me that."

"We texted but he never answered, where is he?"

She clears her throat, "I don't know."

My eyebrows furrow, "You don't know where he is?" She shakes her head, "He left two days ago and hasn't come back, we uh—we had an argument."

My lips go flat, "Oh."

"Do you want us to find him?" Zayn queries.

She waves her hand back and forth, "No it's fine, just go deal with your shit and I'll tell him you stopped by if I see him. Let me know how it goes."

Zayn stands as we walk to the door. I nod at her, "See ya."

We drive to a park, thankfully one with no children around, and see him sitting at a bench under an overhang, he stands once he sees us, "Louis, good to see you again." He shakes his hand.

Zayn and I shake hands with him and he introduces himself, "Benjamin Wright, nice to meet you."

He's a middle aged man, probably mid forties. I usually think of PI's on the sort of heavy set side and baldness but he's pretty skinny with a full head of hair, doesn't look legit already.

We sit across from him as he has some folders laid out on the table, "I have all my information here if you'd like to see."

We look over his licenses and insurance, "How long have you been in this business?" I look up at him as he watches us go through his information.

He ruffles his coat and sighs, "About twenty one years I'd say. Officially started when I was twenty five."

"I assume you performed a background check on us." I say.

He laughs, "We all have jobs to do. Unless I'm specifically hired against you, which I don't see happening, then my mouth is shut."

I hand him his folders before clasping my hands together on the table, "Alright you seem legit enough, you need to see any of our information before we get started?" He shakes his head, "Not needed. Only some information of the person I'm really here for."

Zayn hands him a stack of papers that he brought, he typed and printed as much information about Delilah as he could even though I suggested just giving him a picture of her and her name.

Benjamin reads over the paper aloud, "Delilah Lavigne, twenty two years old, birthdate is December 22nd." His eyes lift up to us, "Do you have a photograph?" Zayn points behind a few papers and Benjamin pulls it out, "Alright, and I assume you don't have an address as to where she is?"

We all shake our heads in unison, "Somewhere on the East Coast." Louis speaks.

Benjamin narrows his eyes, "How do you know this for sure?"

We give him the run down, basically just the information given to us through the letter she left.

"You don't believe she's being held captive or in danger?" He questions.

I clear my throat, "We don't know much if I'm honest, so I can't answer that."

He hums, "Well, I will start on the furthest point of the East coast and work my way down."

"Why do you make it sound so simple? It's not that easy, you will come across millions of people. How are you so sure you can find her?" I blurt out.

He places the paper on the table and looks at me with a sigh, "I've been doing this for a very long time. I know what I'm doing and how to do it, I can assure you that I will find your friend. I usually like to give my clients an estimated amount of time and considering this involves me going through several states, let's give it three months."

My eyes widen. Three months? He's assuring me that I will have my girl in the next three months.

"Now let's discuss payment." He continues.

We finish up our meeting and get in the car, "I don't trust that guy." Zayn speaks after buckling.

Louis' eyebrows furrow, "Zayn you don't trust literally anyone. Shut up." Zayn rolls his eyes but does what Louis says—since he's kinda right— and looks out the window the rest of the ride.

I stayed quiet the whole time, I don't know whether to feel uneasy or ecstatic. Anybody who has ever promised me anything either lied or it fell through. I learned not to get excited over anything anymore.

We arrive back at our building and see Niall getting out of his car with a frustrated expression, "Ni!" I shout his name and he looks towards us, "Where were you today?" I ask when we approach.

He shrugs and mutters, "I had things to do."

My eyes narrow, "You had...things to do? What was more important?" I cross my arms.

His eyes roll, "Quite frankly it's not any of your business. I'm gonna go now." He flattens his lips and walks off into the building and elevator.

"Okay, what the fuck was that?" Louis blurts, stunned.

I arch my eyebrows, "He's probably just in a pissy mood from arguing with Jade." But damn was he hostile.

We shrug his behavior off and get to our apartment. For a while we just sat on the couch watching TV while eating takeout that Zayn ordered, I eventually got up and went to my room to shower the day off and climb in bed so I can read her letter for the thousandth time. It never gets old.

I always feel different emotions while doing it, sometimes I'm happy just reading the memories and things she took notice of, or I get angry because it was so abrupt and sudden, no warning or anything. But most of the time I'm just sad. Sad that we didn't have more time, sad that she was so miserable and I didn't even know, she always thought everything was her fault when that wasn't the case. I hate that she didn't tell me most of these things, and I hate that I was usually always wrong about what she felt. I thought I knew her better but I couldn't have been further from the truth.

Once I get her back I swear to never let her go again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

wtf is up with niall. bitch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 2.1K 25
Rose Cliffe was forced to move into a new town with her mom and step dad. What she doesn't know is that this town holds a secret from hell and she's...
2.3K 82 30
"No, no. No talking little bug, this is the part where you listen" he cuts me off before I can finish. I'm disappointed in myself for complying to hi...
2.3M 65.2K 50
You don't know what's out in the world, until you witness it yourself. It may be hard to believe, but it becomes something you can't deny. He's not h...
1.1M 40.8K 126
Mature/18+ Trigger Warnings included All her life, Ivy Malone has known what her family was. She grew up in the deep, unforgiving world of the mob. I...