Make Up Your Mind | Endeavor...

By SandraJacks0n

Y/n L/n, a pro hero on the rise, recruited for Endeavor Agency as his secretary. What happens when your feeli... More

Chapter Zero | About You
Chapter One | Day One
Chapter Two | Meeting
Chapter Three | Hate
Chapter Four | Guilt
Chapter Five | Memories
Chapter Six | Cocktail
Chapter Seven | Family
Chapter Eight | Uber
Chapter Nine | I Spy
Chapter Ten | Work
Chapter Eleven | Getting Ready
Chapter Twelve | Dinner
Chapter Thirteen | Coincidence
Chapter Fourteen | Heights
Chapter Fifteen | Mystery Woman
Chapter Sixteen | Dumbass
Chapter Seventeen | Mistake
Chapter Eighteen | Bet
Chapter Nineteen | StoryTime
Chapter Twenty | Emergency Pt.1
Chapter Twenty One | Emergency Pt.2
Chapter Twenty Two | Dinner or Date?
Chapter Twenty Three | Tolerance
Chapter Twenty Four | Deception
Chapter Twenty Five | Morning Of
Chapter Twenty Six | Operation, Begin!
Chapter Twenty Seven | Separated
Chapter Twenty Eight | Eri
Chapter Twenty Nine | Team United
Chapter Thirty | Final Battle
Chapter Thirty One | Aftermath
Chapter Thirty Two | Confession Pt.1
Chapter Thirty Three | NightEye
Chapter Thirty Four | Confession Pt.2
Chapter Thirty Six | Brainstorms and Conclusions
Chapter Thirty Seven | Discharged
Chapter Thirty Eight | The Next Day
Chapter Thirty Nine | Announcement
Chapter Forty | Time Skip A Year
Chapter Forty One | Wedding
Thanks ;)

Chapter Thirty Five | Reunion

641 24 2
By SandraJacks0n

When I wake up, it's fairly dark outside, looking like it's past six at the least. I turn my head, a smile forming when I see Enji still holding me in his arms. It's nice knowing that I wasn't being completely delusional.

After gawking at Enji's sleeping figure for what felt like too little, but was nothing short of long, I decide to check my phone that's thankfully in reach. "Let's see what's going on..." I mumble.

When my phone turns on, my eyes immediately fixate on the notification sent to the groupchat from Hizashi. After a few failed attempts to getting my phone to recognize my bruised face, it unlocks.

I tap on the texting app and go on to the group chat...seeing a photo of me and Enji sleeping together on the bed; followed by the caption, "You two look really cute like that."

What the hell? When did they take this?

With no time to waste, I find myself bombing the groupchat, not even knowing when he sent the picture. I stop and look up, seeing that it's been four hours.

I'm about to give up on the pursue to getting my answer, when a text from Aizawa vibrates my phone. I look down, reading the text, Hizashi came to visit you, but the two of you were sleeping.

Me: So you took a picture of us? Stalker much?

Aizawa: Hey, I didn't do it. Don't look at me

Hizashi: What's wrong with it? I like it

Me: There's nothing wrong with the picture

Hizashi: Because you like it too, huh?

Aizawa: Where's your husband?

Me: He is not my husband. And he's sleeping still

Hizashi: I bet you ogled at his sleeping figure when you woke up—or the picture

Me: ...

Aizawa: Can't even deny staring at the man while he was sleeping

Me: I was not staring! I...glanced at him for only a brief moment

Aizawa: Mhm, yeah sure, y/n. I totally believe you

Hizashi: See? I did ya a favor by taking that picture. Now you have something to look at :)

Me: I refuse to talk to you

Aizawa: I'm surprised you didn't do anything else besides sleep when you got back

Hizashi: With the tension going on between the two of you, I think a little temptation and you would've forgotten all about your wounds

Me: ...no comment

Aizawa: Let me know when the wedding is, Ms. Todoroki

Hizashi: I call being the best man!

Aizawa: I'm her cousin, so I should be the best man

Hizashi: I'm her best friend

Aizawa: So? I'm family

Hizashi: I talked to her before you did

Hizashi: Oh—hey, we're gonna come visit you now. So if you're planning on doing anything, let us know beforehand

Aizawa: I don't want to be traumatized

I shut off my phone, tossing it on the far end of the bed, cocking my head back. "Ughh, this is not happening right now." I mumble to myself again.

"Groans...Y/n?" I look up, seeing Enji stir in his sleep, opening his eyes in caution of the bright lights that are still on.

Enji reaches for my phone, which I didn't realize had hit his leg when I tossed it. "Sorry—didn't mean to hit you. They're just so annoying."

"Who?" Enji asks, using his leg to haul the phone closer to his hands.

"Hizashi and Aizawa," I lean forward, grabbing my phone and holding it out for Enji to take. "Hizashi came over to visit, but we were sleeping. So he took a picture."

Without looking at me, Enji says, "you look cute like that", which makes my cheeks burn.

"Uh—Hizashi and Aizawa said that they're coming over now," I say, changing the subject.

Enji smiles at me, giving me a hug before pulling away. "Okay," Enji says, taking the blanket off of him. "I'll see you later?"

"Okaaay," I drag, smiling and waving goodbye to him.

***

10 Minutes Later~

Knock Knock

"Come in," I say, turning down the volume of the tv.

Hizashi and Aizawa both plop onto my hospital bed, both of them looking at me intensely.

"Spill."

"Hello to you too," I say, sarcasm coating my voice. "Now even a, "how are you doing"?"

"Judging from you being conscious, I can tell that, you are indeed, fine," Aizawa says, matter-of-factly.

I roll my eyes, hearing a chuckle from Aizawa. "Whatever."

"So...what happened between the two of you?" Hizashi asks, crossing his legs. "What happened when he brought you to your house? Fill me in."

"After he brought me to my house...?" I scrunch my brows in confusion, then realize what he's talking about, then get confused again. "How do you know about that?"

"Someone told me to come over, because a car that parked in your driveway turned out to be the number one hero," Hizashi answers, pointing at Aizawa.

I face Aizawa, whose shrugging his shoulders at me. "What? It was an impulse."

"And Enji says I'm a gossip girl."

I suck in a breath when I realize I said Endeavor's real name out loud, earning a glare from the both of them.

Hizashi crosses his arms, clicking his tongue. "You two are on first name basis? And you said that he was just your 'boss'."

"Don't be shy, tell us everything you managed to leave out for the past few weeks," Aizawa says, his voice playful. "And then we can share our own finds about the two of you."

I look at the two of them, blinking. "Wait—what? What do you mean by "findings of your own"?"

"I saw something after he left your house," Hizashi says, calmly.

"And I caught the two of you getting cheesy earlier today," Aizawa chimes, equally as calmly.

I just sit there, my ears unable to process the words. "What are you two—stalkers?"

"Not in particular," Hizashi says. "just really interested in what the two of you were—and now are."

"What do you want to know?" I ask, not believing I'm giving in to this.

Aizawa and Hizashi fix their positions, acting like little kids about to be told a bedtime story. "Start from the top."

"Actually, no—don't start from the top," Aizawa says, changing his mind. "Just start from after NightEye's first meeting."

I suck in a deep breath, collecting my thoughts. "Well, after I told Aizawa that I have feelings for Enji, I kissed him. And it went terribly wrong."

"YOU WHAT?!" Aizawa and Hizashi exclaim in unison, their eyes alarmingly wide.

"Yep—I kissed him, and he rejected me after that. Insulted me too—I mean, to be fair, I insulted him too," I add, though the remembrance still hurts. "We didn't talk for a whole week after that."

When I pause for a moment, Aizawa and Hizashi both look at me with expressions full of suspense, wanting to know what happens next. So I continue.

"Well—almost a week. It was two days before being a full week, but I had to hand him some paperwork, so communication was required. So I went to his office to deliver them."

"He was drunk and his office was a mess, bottles and trash everywhere. And because he brought me home before, I thought I could return the favor by doing the same."

"When I got to his house and got him in bed and tried to leave, he grabbed my hand and placed it over his chest, telling me his life story. After he told me about his life, he went to sleep...and I kissed him on the forehead before leaving."

"Uh, what else?" I ask myself, not realizing that Aizawa and Hizashi's mouths are hanging ajar from the news. "Oh yeah. And then after that we started talking again, like we didn't have an argument."

"Then NightEye had an emergency meeting, so we went out the window—don't ask. He remembered that I'm afraid of heights, so he distracted me and asked if I wanted to go to dinner, and when I thought he was kidding, he wasn't. We actually did."

"And that was the night that Aizawa had invited you over to stalk me, and apparently Enji too," I say, not caring about concealing his name anymore, since I already slipped...twice.

"After that we had the operation and I got hurt and almost died, and Enji came to the hospital after Aizawa told him about it. When I woke up, Enji was holding my hand, sleeping with streams of drying tears."

"After visiting NightEye, we went back to the room—oh, and when I woke up he said that he wouldn't know what to do without me—I asked him what he meant and he tried to play it off, but we both knew what he meant."

"Then I pulled him into the bed with me, and we just cuddled and eventually fell asleep. Now I'm here, telling you guys about it," I say, smiling at the speechless grown men in front of me.

Hizashi's the first one to break out of the frozen state. "All of this happened and you failed to tell us?!"

"And you told Aizawa about your date with Endeavor, but not me..?!" Hizashi slumps his shoulders, his face gloom. "I'm hurt."

I reach across the bed to lightly smack Hizashi on the shoulder, his cheerful demeanor returning. "Oh, stop it. I only told Aizawa because he was there at the meeting," I pause. "so...what about you guys?"

"When I saw Endeavor leave your house, he seemed hesitant about it," Hizashi said, using his dramatic storytelling voice. "like he didn't want to leave—like he wanted to stay."

"He hesitated when he left my house..?" I repeat, my cheeks flushing.

"And that's not the best part," me and Aizawa both look up at Hizashi, our heads tilted. "He didn't leave your house until 4 in the morning...so what did you two do when he came over at 12?"

Aizawa snaps his head at me, his eyes full of suspicion. "W—what—we didn't do anything like that..! I was passed out in his car by the time he got on the freeway."

"Now that I think about it..." Hizashi jumps in, rubbing his chin. "...Endeavor looked lost and alarmed, and his hair was a mess...like he had just woken up."

Now Hizashi and Aizawa were back to looking at me, one glaring at me accusingly and the other one beaming with joy. Me, on the other hand, couldn't be more confused.

"Don't look at me...I didn't know he slept in my bed," I defend, my body heating up at the thought of Enji sleeping with me.

Hizashi nudges Aizawa's arm, gaining his attention. "That $50's looking really good right now..."

Thunk

"O—ow..."

Aizawa crosses his arms over his chest, turning his body away from Hizashi like he's shunning him. "I told you to stop talking about that," Aizawa reminds, his eyebrows twitching.

Hizashi lays hanging halfway off the hospital bed, lifting his arm in the air. "Worth it..."

I ignore the conversation, not wanting to get into it. "What did you see, Aizawa?" I ask, secretly interested in what they have to say.

"It's really just a fill-in for Hizashi," Aizawa says, turning his body back. "When I told Endeavor about you being in surgery, he rushed over here in a panic, just as much of a mess I was if not more."

After a pause, we all slowly put the pieces together of all of our timelines and stories, all of us spacing out until I snapped out of it. "so...what now?" I ask, all of us looking at each other.

"Let me get this straight: in conclusion, you and Endeavor are a thing now?" Hizashi asks, his voice unsure.

I nod my head, the warm feeling swarming my chest again. "Yep. I can finally say we're a thing now."

"Finally..! I was getting sick of hearing your terrible excuses," Aizawa says, sighing in relief.

Hizashi and Aizawa look at each other and nod, getting up from the bed. "Well, it was nice talking to you, y/n. But I think your boyfriend wants to spend time with you," Hizashi teases.

Aizawa nods his head, agreeing with what Hizashi's saying. "We can always visit you when you get discharged. See ya, y/n."

"You guys don't want to stay longer?" I offer, not wanting my company to leave, despite my reaction to them coming over earlier.

Hizashi turns around, halfway out the door. "Don't want to get in the way of you two," Hizashi winks at me, making me realize what he meant by that.

"You're so dirty minded!" I say, my cheeks getting hot again.

Aizawa and Hizashi both wave their hands, waving at me. "Bye, y/n!"

"Byeee!" I say, waving back at them. When they close the door, I pick up my phone and text Enji.

They just left, you can come back now

So soon?

(My face goes red) They didn't want to keep me from resting

Oh, ok. I'm on the way now

Okay, see you later!

See you

***

I'm in the middle of watching tv when the door cracks open, revealing the one person I've been waiting to see this whole time.

"Hey...!" I greet, my face lighting up.

"Hey," Enji smirks at me, setting down his coat, making me realize he changed out of his suit and is now in casual clothes, along with a to-go bag. "That happy to see me? It's only been one hour."

"One hour's too long," I say, crawling towards the foot of the bed, pulling Enji towards me and wrapping my arms around his back.

Enji sets the bag down, wrapping both his arms around me and inhaling my scent. "I know. I was dying to see you."

"Good to know I wasn't the only one," I say, slowly letting go of him. "What's in the bag?"

"I just ordered food when you texted me. It's for dinner," Enji says, unwrapping the bag. "I got you pasta and a few other things to choose from."

"You didn't have to buy so much, Enji. I'm not a picky eater," I say, looking up at him.

Enji looks back down at me. "I wanted you to have whatever you wanted, as a way of saying get better," Enji says, focusing on the food again.

I look down at the bag, seeing a familiar name on it. "Did you get food from the restaurant we go to?"

"Yeah," Enji opens the lids and sets them on the counter near the sink, coming back to sit next to me. "You like eating there, so I brought the food to you."

My eyes start to sting, my nose sniffling. Enji chuckles at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Don't need to cry about it, y/n. It's just food."

I swipe at my tears, a laugh escaping my lips. "No, it's not that. It's because you drove far away to get me my favorite food."

Enji squeezes my shoulder for a moment, then loosens his grasp. "I'd do anything for you, y/n," he picks up a fork and twirls it in the pasta, holding it up to my mouth. "Here, eat up. The food's going to get cold."

I take the bite, the pasta filling up every crevice in my mouth. I chew slowly, that being the only thing I could do without risking the food spilling out my mouth.

Enji chuckles at the sight, grabbing a napkin and wiping the edges of my mouth. "Sorry, I didn't mean to give you such a big bite."

I look up at Enji, finally being able to chew regularly and speed up the pace, swallowing after what felt like forever. "It's okay, I don't mind."

"How did the reunion go?" Enji asks, twirling a smaller portion of pasta with the fork.

"It was...very informational, to say the least," I answer, suddenly remembering the things that Aizawa and Hizashi told me about him.

Enji holds the bite of pasta up, but doesn't bring it close to me. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well for starters, I told them about us...being a...thing," I say, my body hot for the millionth time today. "And I told them about basically everything that's happened between us...but not all."

Enji kisses the top of my head, holding me closer to his body. "Good. I'm glad you told them about us...but I could've gone without them knowing about that night."

I laugh, leaning my head against his chest. "Trust me, that's not what their hung up on right now."

"Okay, good." Enji sighs in relief, finally bringing the food up to my mouth, to which I happily accept.

I speed up my chewing, making it possible for me to talk again. "I can feed myself, Enji. You should eat something, too."

"I feel full just watching you eat," Enji says, looking me in the eyes. "Plus, I want to spoil you in any way I can from now on."

My eyes start to tear up again, my head whipping to the opposite direction. Damn tears. "Sorry—this is the last time I'm crying—I swear."

"I don't mind it, just don't cry sad tears," Enji says, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "And if you do, then tell me about it. I want to be there for you, okay?"

"M—mhm..." I bite my lip, trying my best not to cry. "Y—you're making it rea—lly hard n—ot to cry, y—ou know."

"Sorry, didn't mean to. Here, take another bite," Enji takes the remote from the table, then looks back at me. "Do you want to watch a movie to distract you from your crying?"

I playfully roll my eyes at him, twirling a bite of pasta and giving it to Enji. "Ha ha, very funny, Enji."

"I'll take that as a yes then," Enji concludes, taking the bite and using the remote to surf through the surprising amount of channels the hospital has to offer.

And that's what we did for the rest of the night: watch multiple movies and feed each other the different varieties of food Enji brought, calling it a night and falling asleep in each other's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 114 4
Aged up Eri, meaning she's about the same age as class 1-A students. Eri was living a miserable life with Overhaul, but she escaped it. No heroes int...
10.4K 176 15
It's been about 6 years since you've left Japan because your father scored an official hero job in America. Now, thanks to your uncle, you are return...
7M 176K 140
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] Have you ev...
11.7K 311 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...