Make Up Your Mind | Endeavor...

Door SandraJacks0n

Y/n L/n, a pro hero on the rise, recruited for Endeavor Agency as his secretary. What happens when your feeli... Meer

Chapter Zero | About You
Chapter One | Day One
Chapter Two | Meeting
Chapter Three | Hate
Chapter Four | Guilt
Chapter Five | Memories
Chapter Six | Cocktail
Chapter Seven | Family
Chapter Eight | Uber
Chapter Nine | I Spy
Chapter Ten | Work
Chapter Eleven | Getting Ready
Chapter Twelve | Dinner
Chapter Thirteen | Coincidence
Chapter Fourteen | Heights
Chapter Fifteen | Mystery Woman
Chapter Sixteen | Dumbass
Chapter Seventeen | Mistake
Chapter Eighteen | Bet
Chapter Nineteen | StoryTime
Chapter Twenty One | Emergency Pt.2
Chapter Twenty Two | Dinner or Date?
Chapter Twenty Three | Tolerance
Chapter Twenty Four | Deception
Chapter Twenty Five | Morning Of
Chapter Twenty Six | Operation, Begin!
Chapter Twenty Seven | Separated
Chapter Twenty Eight | Eri
Chapter Twenty Nine | Team United
Chapter Thirty | Final Battle
Chapter Thirty One | Aftermath
Chapter Thirty Two | Confession Pt.1
Chapter Thirty Three | NightEye
Chapter Thirty Four | Confession Pt.2
Chapter Thirty Five | Reunion
Chapter Thirty Six | Brainstorms and Conclusions
Chapter Thirty Seven | Discharged
Chapter Thirty Eight | The Next Day
Chapter Thirty Nine | Announcement
Chapter Forty | Time Skip A Year
Chapter Forty One | Wedding
Thanks ;)

Chapter Twenty | Emergency Pt.1

707 31 1
Door SandraJacks0n

I wake up earlier than usual, checking my phone to see that I still have half an hour before the alarm goes off. I stop midway towards the bathroom when I remember what I did last night.

My throat feels tingly when my heart occasionally does somersaults at the thought. "I kissed Enji..."

Well, I kissed him on the forehead. But a kiss is a kiss, right? I hop into the shower seeing that I have enough time and let my conscious take over.

Will he remember that? I shake my head at the thought, soaking my hair in the water. I doubt he does. The man's eyes were practically rolling in the back of his head.

Why did he grab my hand like that? And he put it against his chest. Does he..? I heave a sigh when my own inner monologue stumbles over its own thoughts. I guess we'll never know.

I turn off the water, hopping out the shower and wrapping a towel around my body before moving onto my skincare routine and brush my teeth.

I put on my hero costume, remembering that NightEye cautioned us to keep watch for urgent calls from him or his sidekick about the operation. I figure changing would be wasting time.

***

I park in the usual spot, stalling on my phone for a bit since I'm way earlier than usual. After a few minutes of playing a game on my phone, I hear the sound of a car parking besides me. I look up from my phone and turn to my left to see Enji.

Huh. He seems pretty functional for a guy who drank over three beer bottles of beer and an expensive bottle of bourbon. Mental note; don't test his drinking tolerance. I snap out of thought when I see Enji turn his head to look at me, smiling.

I smile back at him before stuffing my phone into my pocket and getting out the car. I dance my way over to the driver side of his car, just in time to see him close the door.

"Hey Enji..!" I greeted, waving at him again. "Good to see you're still functioning."

Enji laughs at my remark. "Yeah, I'm surprised too. I didn't think I would survive the hangover, but turns out all I got was a headache."

"You're somethin' else," we make our way towards the agency doors, seeing the usual busy bodies pace all over the grounds to get places. "Do you need help with the paperwork? Your desk was covered in it."

"If you can, that would be much appreciated," Enji sighs, my head turning instinctively. "I have a lot to do. Shouldn't have drank so much..."

I put my hand on his arm, briefly rubbing it to reassure him. This whole week has filled been with impulse after impulse. "Don't worry about it. We all have our fair share of stressful days."

Enji smiles at me, like he was thanking me for the reassurance.

We walk inside the agency and past Hiroko and Daiki, who seem to be very interested in us, because they're staring into our very souls like we're some wild animals on the loose

***

Hiroko's POV: Front Desk

"Gasp...did you see that?!" I cup my hand over my mouth, using my other one to shake Daiki.

Daiki doesn't look at me, instead he focuses on monitoring the agency halls. "Yes, I saw them."

"They're talking again!"

Daiki makes a weird sound, as if his soul was leaving his body at this very moment. "Here we go again..."

"Hey hey hey! Do you think that they made up?" I asked, plopping onto the seat next to him.

Daiki finally turns his chair to face me, no longer to use his monitor as an excuse to ignore my persistence. "We don't even know what she was crying about you doi."

"She stormed out of the agency crying, Daiki. That's pretty obvious that they argued," I pointed out, spinning around in the chair.

Daiki raises his brow at me. "You wanna bet?"

"Yes," I immediately said, stunning Daiki.

"You really are eager to lose another 50, huh?"

I use the tip of my foot to pull the chair closer to Daiki. "We're going to bet whether or not boss and y/n will end up dating the end of the year."

"The year? You know how long that is? That's practically cheating, ya know," Daiki stated, ready to turn his chair back to the monitor.

I place my hand on the handle of his chair, stopping him from turning away. "It's only three months until the year ends. And if you're so determined that boss and y/n don't have any feelings for each other then it shouldn't be a problem, right?" I challenged.

"Sure, I'm in," Daiki and I shake hands on it.

***

Enji opens the door for me, to which I pace through and take a seat next to his desk chair. "I think we can finish the stacks due tomorrow and then call it a night."

"You said stacks?" Enji closes the door and looks at me with a disoriented expression. "Wha—where did all these papers come from..?!"

I raise a brow at Enji, trying to suppress my urge to laugh at him. "You seriously don't remember when I came by with the two stacks..?"

"No, I remember that part—you tripped over my shin," I don't think Enji meant it as a fireback, but I can't help but feel embarrassed. "But what about the other stacks?"

"How should I know? I only came to your office once—and that was last night," I take a stack of papers and slide it over to my right, ready for me to sign. "You don't remember anyone else coming in? Maybe Hiroko?"

Enji sits down on his desk chair, staring at his bookshelf from across the room. "Mm...maybe she did come in. That would make sense. Only the two of you really ever hand me paperwork."

"Just how long did you drink for, Enji?" I asked, slightly tilting my head.

Enji's flames come out of nowhere, giving away his blushing. "I—uh...drank for a few hours."

"For a few hours..?! What in the world," my face would be buried in a trash can if I tried that.

Enji clears his throat, the flames disappearing. "I had a rough week."

"No need to explain, not judging you," I said, resuming to the stack of paper. "Oh—did you find anything in the places that Nighteye assigned you?"

"No, I didn't. Nothing useful, anyways. All I found were abandoned buildings ready to be torn down," Enji said, officially signing one out of the hundreds of papers. "You?"

"No luck here either. I found the same as you," I said, signing away.

"Well I wouldn't worry too much about it. With having found over a hundred residents, one of them is sure to have the Yakuza," Enji reassured, getting up from his chair.

Just when I was about to agree, we both get a notification on our phones. We take out our phones and turn it on, and speak of the devil; NightEye requested all heroes come to his agency for an urgent meeting.

"Well that was quick," we get up from the chairs in unison, stuffing the phone into our pockets. "Barely got any work done."

Enji walks towards the same gigantic sliding window, reverting back to that same pose. But for some reason, it's not awkward, because I practically threw myself into the man's arms like it was common practice already.

"You ready this time?" Enji teases, smirking at me.

I scoff at him. "Yes, I'm ready," I reply with a sarcastic tone.

"So if I lean forward, you won't get scared?" Enji presses, his smirk getting wider.

My eyes widen, my mouth hung open. "You better not lean forward..!"

"I'm just playing. I wouldn't do that to you," Enji replies, shifting my position in his arms. "Hey, what do you think about going for dinner?"

"That sounds good. I have nothing to do—" and just like that, I'm out the window and falling out of a building all over again. I mentally get ready to clutch onto him again, but this time, I'm not scared.

"You got used to it pretty fast," Enji said, trying to hide the smirk I see creeping up again. "Pretty impressive seeing how you reacted last time."

"You have a bad habit of interrupting," I said, a hint of playfulness.

Enji chuckles, and even though I can't hear it because of the wind, I can feel it from his chest. Which reminds me that I'm once again in his arms. But I won't stare into his soul this time.

"I only do it to distract you while I jump," Enji explained, looking at me.

I smile at him. "I know. Just teasing you back," I said, returning the smirk.

***

We finally get to the agency, everyone already shuffling into the designated meeting room. When I get inside I spot Aizawa sitting down with an empty chair next to him.

I turn to Enji. "Is it alright if I sit next to Aizawa?"

"Yeah, go ahead," I give Enji a quick smile before speed walking towards Aizawa, plopping onto the empty chair.

"Heyya my favorite cousin," I very informally greeted, resting my head on his shoulder. "What have you been up to?"

Aizawa leans his head atop of mines, letting out a sigh. "My students' persistent desire to help out the girl Eri. Honestly, it's like they're trying to kill me..."

"Aww, you're showing your worried side again," I pointed out, wrapping my arm around his. "You know, letting your students know you care about them once a while won't be the end of the world."

"They know that I do," I glare at him to the best of my positioned heads ability, my eyes mostly capturing the wall on the far side. "What? They do know I care about them."

"Oh yeah? And what did you say to them then?" I pressed, half to be annoying and half out of curiosity.

"I told them that I would be joining this operation in case LOV was involved," Aizawa said, pausing for a moment. "And I told them to stick together and to do their bests."

I need to work on my childishness, because I get yet again get interrupted by the opening of doors and the appearance of NightEye. What an odd timing, it's like he knows what I'm about to say.

A/N: I will be taking a short break on the story. Just need some time to figure out what to write because I'm starting to get stuck :')

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1M 39.6K 169
You're sort of a slut. And a spy. A slutty spy. (does contain lemons - I've marked those chapters!) #1 bnhafanfic on Dec 29, 2020! #1 bakugoxreader...
11.6K 304 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...
6.8K 211 15
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞." where y/n finds herself as the personal assistant of an overwo...
111K 3.8K 17
Katsuki Bakugou hates having so much homework. Isn't it enough to spend his entire day learning without having to do so much work after school? How i...