We Used To Be Best Friends

Von -WriterG

What happens when you put two senior students of the opposite sex alone together in a house? Nothing. Especi... Mehr

We Used To Be Best Friends
We Used To Be Best Friends (Official Book Trailer)
C A S T
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37

Chapter 8

108 5 0
Von -WriterG

You Sing?

"What's up with the dreamy face, chica? Did you finally get to Tyler's pants?" Gwen inquired as she leaned on a locker next to mine. I quickly snapped out of my daze and thwacked her in the head using my calculus book.

"That's very disgusting and I am not interested in his pants," I replied.

"The thing inside his pants-"

"Gwen!" I shushed her. "I'm not interested."

"Mhm." She gave me a playful look.

I opened my locker, completely ignoring her when I saw what she did inside of it. She squealed excitedly and started hopping in her place.

"Do you like it? I told you you look cute together!"

I looked at my locker in horror.

In my locker were pictures of me and Tyler from the diner yesterday. He was leaning close to me and I looked like I was smiling from the other side of the table, opposite to where he sat. I didn't remember this conversation where I was smiling!

"You really did make an effort to print all of these, huh," I commented at my best friend's work.

"You're welcome!" she chirped.

"You should hide that six feet below," a familiar voice said. I slightly jumped in surprise to see Tyler standing so close behind me, looking at our pictures that were pasted all over my locker.

"I'll probably burn it," I replied, forgetting the fact that Gwen was beside me with her mouth open. Quickly, he snatched one of our printed pictures and shoved it in his pockets. Then he looked over to Gwen and gave her a nod.

"And what will you do with that?" I asked, motioning to one of the pictures he snatched.

"I'll probably throw knives at it later when you're not looking," he said, giving me an innocent face.

"Well, I have a different subject to go to. See you at lunch!" Gwen bid goodbye when she noticed our bickering. I stared at her retreating figure, agape. She usually doesn't leave me behind! We would walk together in class because her room isn't that far away from my first subject!

"I'm not done reviewing my notes, let's go," Tyler said as I plucked out the pictures that was pasted in my locker.

"Are you a nerd?" I fired.

"A hot nerd, I'll consider," he stated as he closed my locker. "Now don't waste my time, Krissy. Let's go."

It was the first time I heard my name in an odd manner but I kind of liked it as it rolled down his tongue. He was the first person to ever call me Krissy before. It sounded so feminine and cute.

I shuddered at my disgusting thoughts. If I was to describe Tyler Kinston, me, liking him was light years away.

I followed him shortly down the hallway and maintained a good distance from him so people wouldn't notice. I was okay with walking alone and I didn't want to get into drama early in the morning. I watched Tyler's back as he glided through the hallway. I saw other girls secretly checking him out and talking about how hot he was.

I rolled my eyes. I noticed that Tyler wasn't carrying anything but his biology book. The amount of confusion this testosterone is giving me is endless. I couldn't quite capture who he really is. If I have concluded one of his personalities, the next morning it would change.

We arrived at biology class and it was my first time seeing only three students in class. I'm always late so this is actually a healthy sight to see. Tyler sat on the seats in the middle and motioned me to sit next to him. When I tried to motion that I didn't want to, he threateningly said, "I'm gonna tell everybody that we're sleeping together."

I looked at him in horror and sat next to him immediately. "We don't even share the same room, jeez."

We still had 45 minutes until class started and I found myself yawning. I looked over to Tyler to see him already reading his book. He was slumping in his chair whilst holding the book with one hand.

"Are you really studying?" I asked.

He just smirked at me and continued his business. I would still be in bed now sleeping soundly if this guy didn't wake up so early. What am I supposed to do now?

"Study," Tyler ordered as if he heard my thoughts. I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms. I ducked into it and tried to drift to sleep.

"You know we're having a quiz today right?" I heard him say.

"Pft, who cares?" I scoffed and continued drifting to sleep.

I didn't know that time was slowing down because when I heard the bell for the first period, I was already jolted awake. The classroom was filled with students now. I looked over to Tyler's chair and was surprised to see him not studying anymore.

He was still slumping on his seat and now the book was covering his face. Awww, he must have fallen asleep.

I slowly removed the book from his face and my heart skipped a beat.

God, this guy was gorgeous.

His long and curled eyelashes were what caught my attention. He had full red lips and his brows seem perfect than mine. His mouth was slightly agape but he looked very attractive right now.

I mentally slapped myself.

I scratched my head and started poking him with the tip of my pen. He wasn't a heavy sleeper cause he woke up the first time I poked him.

"Glad that you're awake. Class is about to start," I said.

"Thanks," he replied. On cue, our biology teacher came in and she was holding a yellow pad in her hand. She scanned the room and her eyes fell on me.

I gulped. Was this for the quiz? Are we having an oral quiz? I didn't study for an oral quiz!

Actually, I didn't study at all. Hehe.

She proceeded to read the text on the yellow paper as we greeted her. When we all sat down on our chairs, she spoke. "Kristel Merrick."

"Yes, ma'am," I answered immediately.

She squinted on the yellow paper. "Since Prom is just 3 months away, the principal wants you to prepare a song. You'll be singing for Prom."

Everyone cheered except for Tyler. Obviously, he doesn't know that I sing and I sing in every event here in school. I heard some of my classmates saying, "I haven't heard her sing ever since last year, I can't wait to hear her sing again."

I blushed slightly at the comment as I nodded my head at our biology teacher.

Everyone was talking about my singing and prom so the class burst into a huge discussion. Once our teacher was settled, she handed out papers (must be our quiz) and with that, the class grew silent.

I felt a poke on my side as I waited for my paper. "You sing?"

I looked at Tyler and shrugged, "I guess so." I didn't wanna brag to him.

He was about to say something when both our quiz papers were handed out to us. With the class completely quiet, we started the quiz.

------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe you actually sing," for the tenth time. Yes, I counted. We were on our way to the parking lot because school was already over. Gwen couldn't hang out with me today because she had to wait for Angelo. Since Tyler was my only ride, I didn't have a choice but to go home early with him.

"You have to sing for me!" he cried, stopping in his tracks to beg for me. We caught the attention of some students and not to mention, Carly's attention.

"Are they dating?"

"I've never seen him talk to anybody before."

"Why are they together?"

"Hurry up," I said, dragging Tyler with me. "We're getting attention now."

"So what," Tyler replied.

"Hi," he greeted. "I'm Martin and I heard a lot about you, Tyler."

"And what about me?" the jerk and unfriendly side of him rises. I nudged him hard on his stomach. He didn't even greet him back.

"I was just wondering if you would like to join the swimming team. We lack two swimmers and our coach thought that you might be perfect for the other position," he said. Although it was directed to Tyler, the mention of the swimming team caught my attention.

"I'm not intereste-"

"Did you say you lack two swimmers?" I inquired. Martin turned to me in surprise and smiled. "Oh hey, Kris. Yeah, are you interested?"

"But-"

"Hell yeah!" I cheered. "Sign me up please!"

"No," Tyler objected. "I am not waiting for your swimming practice after school."

"Who says you'll be waiting?" I asked and returned Martin's smile. "The both of us will take the position."

"What-"

"Okay!" Martin chirped. "See you tomorrow after class at the pool!"

Once Martin was out of the way, Tyler scowled at me. "I didn't want to go to that swimming lesson."

I cracked a laugh. "What do you mean, swimming lessons? The swimming team is the biggest and most popular sport here in school. You should be honored you're going to be a part of it. Plus, stop being an introvert. Learn to have friends."

"I do have friends!" he defended.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I was in the middle of taking a shower when my You Belong With Me abruptly stopped playing, replaced by a soft vibration. I poked my head out of the shower to see that someone was calling me.

I groaned but wiped my hands and attempted to grab my phone from the sink.

"Hello?"

"Kris! My favorite cousin!" a familiar voice squirmed on the other line. "How are you?"

"Mhm, I know you're asking me a favor," I chuckled. "Hold on."

I turned off the shower and quickly dried myself with my towel. After I wasn't that wet anymore (that's what she said), I wrapped myself up in my towel and exited the bathroom so that my cousin and I could have a proper conversation.

"What's up, Mia?" I answered the phone again, walking down the hallways of my pretty big house.

"You see, Mom and Dad are out of town and my husband and I have to attend something and you know, no kids allowed..." she trailed, sounding sheepish.

"Mhm," I chuckled. I know where this was going. "Fine, I'll babysit Matthew," I said without her even finishing her sentence.

"Really?" she practically chirped. "You're a lifesaver, couz! I promise to do this to you when you get to have your own baby."

I scrunched my nose in disgust. "Please, I'm too young."

I loved it when Mia calls me to babysit my favorite 8-year-old nephew. Sometimes, I would go to their house just to hang out and chill with him. We go on ice creams and practically anywhere in Port Angeles.

"Okay, next week it is! Thanks, Kris! See you!" We both bid our goodbyes as I hung up my phone. I couldn't help a smile creep up my face knowing that I get to see my nephew again. It's been a month since I last saw him.

"I could get used to this view," I heard someone comment from behind me. I widened my eyes at Tyler, remembering that I was only wrapped in my towel and my hair was still wet. "The bedroom is this way-"

"Pervert!" I shrieked as I slammed the bathroom door in his face. I heard him chuckle from the other side.

"Dinner's ready."

At the mention of dinner, I already had my stomach growling. I haven't eaten a crumb since lunch break. "I'll be down in five."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

122K 5.8K 43
❝We were quite a cliche, weren't we?❞ he smirked but I ignored the pang it spread in my chest. ❝We were. But this is real life. We can't hang on fan...
223K 7.9K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
33.9K 2.2K 29
♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smile, and I found myself falling in love w...
136 36 12
Hallie James. 18. Rich. Beautiful. Bad tempered. Maxen Scott. 18. Mysterious. Alluring. Nonconformist. They hate each other with a passion, so you ca...