Hate me or Hooked? pick. (Car...

By FinnCorrin

! quick reminder that I don't own any of these characters ! carl x ron (TWD) More

A/n
One.
Two.
Three
Four
Five
six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
twenty-Nine
thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two

Sixteen

386 7 2
By FinnCorrin

Years

Ron sighed, His arms wrapping around his lover. Carl's bare chest pressed to his, each sharing warmth of one another.
Carl Exhaled, his back sinking before it raised.
Ron blinked himself awake, the light of the early sun cracked through the window, coating them with a golden glow. More Carl then Ron.
He smiled, shifting Slightly to sit up, Carl's brow furrowed in annoyance, his eye opening for a moment, glossy to the golden light in the room.

"I'm trying to sleep." Carl mumbled, His voice filled with the remnants of Being in a deep sleep, his hand shifting to grab his shirt. Both of them Didn't plan on sleeping all day.
A knock came from the door.

"Give me a sec" Ron said, Loud enough for the person behind the door to hear him.
"Alright" Michonne replied.
Ron carefully slipped out from under Carl, Covering his lover with the blankets and started getting dressed. Carl groaned, His hands going to his face, rubbing at his eye.
He glanced at Ron who was busy fixing his hair in the mirror.
Carl Exhaled, Ron looking over his shoulders and at Carl.

"Morning beautiful" He chuckled, Watching Carl's eyebrow cock upwards, Ron went over and pressed a kiss to Carl's Cheek before whisking out of the room.

He made it down to the first Floor, Judith letting out a happy Giggle upon seeing Ron, Michonne and Rick in the kitchen stirring up something to eat for everyone.
"Goodmorning" Rick smiled to Ron, Who nodded in return.
He snagged his Jacket from the chair and slipped it on. Of course, No one bothered to ask where he was off to.
He skipped down the steps, swinging the door open.
He peaked In, hearing Negans chuckle.

"Holy shit its Ron" He hummed, Getting up and walked to the bars, grabbing onto them and looked at Ron.

Carl

He held onto Judith's hand, walking down the road with her, she took in the sights of the fresh plants. The streets were quiet. Carl and Judith went on Morning walks, even afternoon ones too.
He held her hand like it were glass, fragile.
She smiled up at him, and he smiled at her.

They walked around Till they arrived back at the grimes residence. Carl fell silent as Judith ran inside.
He sat on the stairs. Exhaling as he rubbed at his face. The feeling of being Loomed over was overwhelming. Though it wasn't by a person.
It was like some ghost had him in a chokehold. But didn't mean it?
He let his head hang low, it felt relaxing.

His looks hadn't changed at all over the years. He still wore his hat. His hair was still long.
Ron had been suggesting that he'd cut it, that it was getting a little long and in need of a trim. He refused.
Though, only if he told Ron about how he felt. Maybe Ron would get off the topic.

"Something on your mind?" Negan asked, Loud enough for Carl to hear. He sat Silently for a moment, shaking his head.
"No." He Muttered, speaking Dry to negan. But the guy always found a reason to keep hearing his own voice.

"You should really give your hair a trim. Something could grab at it." He suggested, Carl looked over at him with a glare.
"Did Ron ask you to try and convince me?" Carl hissed, getting up and quickly made his way down to the cell.

"No." Negan mumbled, Leaning on the wall when Carl walked in. "I just worry." He whispered.
Carl scoffed, Shaking his head.

"You have no right to say that you worry about me." He snapped, taking a step closer. Negan sighed.
Carl paused, sighing as he looked off. "I keep forgetting you have nothing else to do but listen and worry." He Muttered, Negan chuckled, nodding.

"You're right. I don't. But I do regardless." He mumbled, Carl stayed Silent for a long moment, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You having long hair though is pretty badass" He chuckled, Carl kept a cold Face, his eye narrow.
Negan couldn't help but chuckle.

Carl left moments after. Rick had left hours prior.
Good things never Last.
Daryl came rolling in moments after. Saying a heard of walkers were making their way to the gates of Alexandria. A few groups rushed around.
Carl was upon the main group, Maggie came down from Hilltop, Michonne, Daryl, Eugene.
A few more.
Ron and Carl fell under the group. The bridge wasn't too far from Alexandria, it was Between that and Hilltop.
The group dashed through the woods, the snarls of the walkers growing louder. Carl's heart Raced, Ron running behind him as they made their way to the river.
His eye Widened, Seeing his dad limping, one of his hands held over his side.

"Dad!" Carl shouted, Trying to catch his dad's attention over the roaring walkers and Water. Nothing worked. Carl felt tears swell in his eyes. His stomach twisting and turning.
He watched Rick pull out the gun from hus holster, Holding it up with a weak grasp. Carl lifted his gun, trying to shoot as many walkers as he could. Aside from Ron, Everyone watched the walkers inch closer.
Then the bridge exploded.
Carl let out a sob, his legs instantly falling weak, Ron's arms wrapping around Carl's waist to keep him from falling.
Michonne too, was crying.
Ron had doubled to the floor with Carl.

Ron

He held Carl close, he couldn't get him to look away to the crimson Flames, walkers walking into the warm bedding and falling into the cold water. Some washing up against the shore, nothing but a torso and a limb or two. 
Carl's sobs Came to a stop.
His skin glossy from crying, His cheeks red and his eye narrow.
Carl cried beautifully in such a bad moment.
Ron pulled Carl back onto his feet, but the boy doubled over and tried to push Ron away.
Of course he felt the tug from his shirt and released Carl, who tool a few steps before dropping to his knees, his hat tipping off, Leaning forward to push his face into the ground like he were trying to stop himself from crying. But it hadn't worked.
Puppy dog whines and childish sobs came from Carl. The last time he cried like this was probably when his mom died.
Ron watched as Michonne sat beside Carl, Her hand resting on his lower back, His hat in her free hand. Her lip quivered. Tears sitting in her eyes but she dared to not shed anymore. For Carl.
Ron watched the waters. Hoping to see Rick. Anything of him. 

Anything.

It wasn't long that Carl gained something inside him, something just enough to get him on his feet and March to the bridge, the fire calmed down. Carl needed to know.
Daryl was the one to stop him, linking his arms around Carl and snagged him into a hug. Daryl was cut deeply by this.
He let Carl cry into his shoulder, Faint words of; 'I need to look.' And 'I gotta see'
But Daryl hadn't let him. Somewhere deep down, he knew Carl was a young adult. No longer a child.
But He'd seen him now as the boy who Hid under his mom when she Wrapped her arms around him, Carl snuggled up to her stomach and his arms wrapped around her Leg to keep her close.
A year or two back, Daryl went on a rant about how Carl used to hide under his mom.
Ron didn't know what to do but stand beside Maggie. She wasn't crying. Deep down she knew she needed to. But after Glenn she hadn't cried for anyone.

Taking Carl back home was easier than Ron thought. He pushed people off, walked a head and didn't bat an eye to look back.
He was angry.
Ron wanted to find some way to make him feel better. But losing a family member was hard to come back from.
Even if they've done it before. It was hard.

Carl's first go to was upstairs to Judith. Ron followed behind him with a large gap.
He peaked into the room, Watching Carl tuck Judith in, Like what he'd usually do. Wrap her up, Kiss her cheek and brush hair behind her ear.
Carl lifted himself and looked over at Ron, shifting in place, his hand picking at the handle.
"Do you need anything?" Ron mumbled, Stepped in and made his way to Carl. When he got closer. His eye was puffy from crying, His cheeks a rose red.
Ron's hand lifted to cup his lovers cheek, his thumb softly tracing under his eye.

Carl exhaled, shaking his head. His eye glossy. His own hand lifting to grasp onto Ron's.
"Hes-- Hes not- Dead right?" Carl whispered, his voice breaking, his gaze going to the floor.

"I dont know." Ron Whispered. He couldn't lie to Carl about his dad's whereabouts. Alive or not.
Carl nodded.
Ron let out a hum, Taking a step closer to Carl and let his lovers head Rest on his shoulder. Ron ran his fingers through Carl's hair. 

Neither of them slept that night. Carl stayed tucked away in the safety of Ron's arms. And Ron was simply holding him close.

-

(1,560 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 7.1K 49
Childhood best friends. That's the only thing that seemed to be able to describe Evelyn Wright and Daryl Dixon. They had their ups and downs as neigh...
68.3K 1K 19
a bit of everything (smut, fluff, angst, a bit of all) Lokius<3 I don't own any of the characters
702K 14.1K 46
"She wore her troubled past Like scars - She had been through battle And though no one could see her demons They could see the face that conquere...
227K 5.4K 72
What happens when your dad's best friend. Who you've known your whole life. Suddenly becomes the man you wana be with? Emma Grimes is about to find o...