Clandestine

By its_tsd

His face is leveled to mine and I can see tiny droplets of water on his face and lips as he draws closer to m... More

|-Prologue-|
|-1-|
|-2-|
|-3-|
|-4-|
|-5-|
|-6-|
|-7-|
|-8-|
|-9-|
|-10-|
|-11-|
|-12-|
|-13-|
|-14-|
|-15-|
|-16-|
|-17-|
|-18-|
|-19-|
|-20-|
|-21-|
|-22-|
|-23-|
|-24-|
|-25-|
|-26-|
|-27-|
|-28-|
|-29-|
|-30-|
|-31-|
|-32-|
|-33-|
|-34-|
|-35-|
|-36-|
|-37-|
|-38-|
GC?
|-39-|
|-40-|
|-41-|
|-42-|
|-43-|
|-44-|
|-45-|
|-47-|
Bonus
Second Chance

|-46-|

756 114 9
By its_tsd

~Accepted~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hiral, Himanshu, Karan, and I graduated highschool.

Finally.

The year was crazy with homework, college applications, and the mission but we did it.

We finally did it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I open the door to my house, the first day of summer, and sort through the mail.

"Got it yet?", Drishti asks entering the kitchen and grabbing her a glass of water.

"No", I huff. I was waiting for my acceptation letter to Harvard.

It's a tough class and besides my above 4.0 GPA and well rounded classes, I was nervous. What if they waitlist me or decline me?

How will I manage BlackLight and college then?

"Don't stress, honey. They have to accept you."

I look at Drishti. "How are you feeling?"

She puts a hand on her belly. " A little stressed and I am trying not to be. Reyansh's parents are super traditional about babies after marriage. I mean he proposed to me almost two weeks ago. And we will be meeting them soon."

When Drishti found out she was equally happy and worried. I remember she wanted me to be there when she told Reyansh and she did it over a small dinner where she made Indian food.

Her words were. "Well I hope you like it, because you are going to be feeding two of us now."

Reyansh was delighted and emotional, but the thing with his parents was still an issue.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

June 15

I was in Karan's apartment, chilling and doing some online agent work when he opens the door and steps in. He closes the door and takes off his shoes and jacket, even though it was 85 degrees out.

"How'd it go?", I ask.

He smiles, walking closer and lifts his shirt sleeve to show me his new tattoo.

The BlackLight leader band wrapped around the top of his arm, carrying a thin black band inside.

I smile. "It looks really good."

Karan now has tattoos on all 10 hand knuckles, and now this one.

Maybe he should get one for you

No it's fine.

But you want one.

I do.

I look at him smiling at me as he pulls me in for a tight embrace, kissing my curls then my forehead.

"Completed the forms?"

"Yeah. We have to visit Aditya today. His facility is almost complete."

He nods.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We take a drive to Aditya's new training facility which was now 90 percent done. Karan and I walk through the electronic doors and Aditya comes into view.

"Tejasswi, gorgeous", he greets, embracing me tightly.

He greets his cousin with a handshake and a hug.

"Where's Hiral?", I ask looking around the silver metallic welcome room with blue LED hues at the edges of the wall.

"Did someone call me?"

I look over to see Hiral in jeans and a black hoodie with a blue logo.

She runs to me with a hug and I laugh.

"What's the hoodie for? It's so hot out."

"It's our logo. For the training facility. "

I look at the logo which says BT, with a blue circle around it.

"Black Training."

I look up to Aditya who's smiling super goofy. I smile at adoration for my good friends. He's finally starting his own business doing what he does best. Training undercover agents.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

BlackLight
June 26

BlackLight was bustling with new agents, a lot of them young high schoolers from H.E.X.A . The energy was high and busy, training and meetings going left and right. Boss was enjoying his retirement, and showing he does by sending me a photo from Aruba. I look at the picture of him all relaxed and laugh.

He deserves it.

A ping from my personal laptop alerts me to look up.

One notification from Gmail.

I tap on the notification and the Harvard logo appears.

My heart races as I read the lines, "Congratulations! Your application has been accepted in Harvard University Fall of 2023"

I sit back, in shock reading the words over and over.

I'm going to Harvard.

Harvard University.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I send Karan a text

Tejasswi: Got good news. Your place or mine?

Karan: Mine, mi amor.

As I pull up to his place, I feel giddy and excited. I ring the bell and he opens the door, his body hugging a black tee . He smiles a goofy smile and I can't help but laugh, wrapping my arms around him and engulfing in his nice smelling warmth.

He and I are in a really good place, working on becoming better and better.

"What's the news?", he asks a few minutes later once we are on the couch, him playing with my fingers.

"I got an email today."

He raises his brows, eyes on my hands.

"It was from Harvard. I got accepted."

He looks up and freezes. "Accepted?"

"I'm going to Harvard", I laugh.

He smiles and without warning picks me up and places me on his lap.

"I knew you'd do it. You're smart, number one in a competitive agency, hot, nice, and athletic? How can they not take you, mi amor?"

I smile, kissing his nose in thanks.

"That means you'll be running the agency a lot more. Did you get any letters back?"

He nods. "Yeah I did."

"From where?"

"I got accepted to Columbia and Stanford."

"Wait that's amazing. Why didn't you tell me?."

He moves his gaze to my hands, playing with them again. "I don't think I'll be going to college. At least not in person."

"What?"

"My responsibility is Blacklight and I can't do that states away. I'm trying to apply to some courses and try to get Stanford to let me attend their college online or something. I need my schedule to be flexible if you'll be on campus."

I nod. "I think that's a good idea."

He smiles but it doesn't really reach his eyes.

"What's wrong, Karan?"

"You're gonna be so busy with college and BlackLight, when will we meet?"

"We will. I promise we will. "

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

July 16
Home

The summer heat was emitting through the windows in my room. I huff as I take out my cotton t shirt and exchange it for a ruched white cami with baggy ripped mom jeans.

Much better.

I reach downstairs the moment Drishti and Reyansh come home from the ultrasound.

"Hey, how'd it go?"

Drishti smiles, rubbing her slightly bigger belly.

"17 weeks. It's looking really good. "

The glow on both their faces was hard to miss, and I knew despite the issue with Reyanshs' family they were so happy.

They deserve this and more.

"Got good news as well. I told my mom about the pregnancy, and she's actually really happy for us", Reyansh tells Drishti.

Drishti gives a look of confusion.

"Yeah, she said she does wish we waited but she knows how much I'm devoted to you and she hopes for a safe pregnancy. She'll tell my dad later."

Drishti sighs in relief and they hug it out, while I watch it from the kitchen counter like a movie.

How cute.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

August 5th

College was starting soon, and my summer was busy but full with warmth. Blacklight, college prep, Drishti and her baby, Karan, Hiral and Himanshu, Manvi and Aarshiya.

Manvi was going to be studying at Princeton for law, while Aarshiya was at FIT in New York studying fashion business.

Himanshu was busy running C.O.D.E. , and Hiral's plan was to start online music school while balancing BlackLight and Aditya's facility.

We were all busy, and we're going to get even more busy.

But we will always have each other

And just like that, summer came to an end.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey Pretty People,

Hope this chapter was good enough and you all liked it.

Do shower your love, comments and votes on this chapter until the next one is up.

~Lots of Love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 485 7
(Bare- Part two) "What if I say, I lied to you?" he asks, leaning close to my face. "What do you mean?" "I lied to you, Aarthi," I stared at him. "...
5.1K 145 16
"Ruining you with my fingers won't be that much satisfying as it is defeating your ego with my win." "I don't think I need protection Mr. Jeon.." "It...
639 53 18
"We are not going to give you the share" "Yes, you are. I saved your life" "Yeah, but police or maybe agents could caught us again" "Why? you're litt...
231K 6.8K 51
His face is leveled to mine and I can see tiny droplets of water on his face and lips as he draws closer to me, my anticipation is crazy as he move...