Clouded thoughts (hxh~bnha)

By automatic_11037

Killua finds himself in a unfamiliar world. Things are different here and he doesn't understand them one bit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 24

1.2K 63 16
By automatic_11037

[third person pov]

The two boys stood there for a moment, eyeing each other, not sure who should break the silence first, that is until Killua completely shattered it.

"KURAPIKA!!! You're here! Is Gon here?! What about Leorio?! Anyone else!?" Kurapika stumbled back, taken aback by the sudden shouting, but nevertheless he understood. Killua had been missing for a while now, of course seeing someone he knew would be exciting for him, giving him a sense of hope.

"Woah, slow your roll. Other than you I haven't seen anyone else." Kurapika spoke up, in his normal monotone voice. Killua paused for a moment before dropping to the ground and burying his face in his hands.

"But whyyyyy!!" He whined, collapsing onto his back and rolling on the concrete. "This is so unfair!!" Kurapika leaned against the wall, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms. "Not to be rude and all, but why couldn't Gon be here instead?"

"I don't know why I'm here either to be honest, I was in the middle of something before I showed up here, this morning. I saw you a minute ago, but wasn't exactly sure if it was you, that's why I was following" Kurapika pushed himself off the wall, walking over to Killua and looking down on him. "Come on, get up, we need to get out of here."

"What's the problem man! Why do we need to g-" A shot, around a centimetre away from Killua, an indent forming in the stone beside him. Killua sighed, turning his head to look behind him, from where the shot rang from. "Oh? You wanna play bastard?" Killua didn't move, still on the ground, staring off into the empty street. "Kurapika, you up for a game of hide and seek?" Kurapika sighed, extended his arm to the smaller boy, helping him up onto his feet. "Whoever finds the bastard first wins, and the loser pays for dinner."

"I don't even have money that works in this place. How am I supposed to pay?" Killua hummed for a moment.

"You can pay with information. Anything you know about Gon, or my little sister." Kurapika nodded, though still not quite understanding why they don't just talk like normal friends instead of wagering it on whether one of them wins or loses in a game of hide and seek.

"Deal." Kurapika sighed, beginning to walk out of the alley. Killua smirked, sitting up and jumping onto his feet, sliding his hands into his pockets. Killua brought his yo-yos out of his pockets as he walked, swinging them up and down, like a small child just playing a game. What, is that not what this is? With maybe a little more violence?

It wasn't long before a second gunshot was fired, this time in Kurapikas direction. Though, the boy simply dodged. It might seem impossible to dodge a bullet mid shot. But try being a hunter, trained to use nen. Even if the shot hit, it could easily be blocked by nen. So this so-called hunter? Was being hunted.

Before a third shot was able to be fired, the perp was kicked out from its hiding place. Though, not by Killua or Kurapika. Rather by a small boy with orange hair. Killua's voice rang through the dark street as he ran towards his friend.

"Sakune!!" Killua had shouted, lunging towards the shorter boy. Completely ignoring the thug passed out by their legs, gun still in hand. Kurapika turned the corner, not exactly confused by the situation, more so that feeling of just wanting to go to bed.

Sakune smiled, Killua returning it as well. They hadn't really spoken much since they got into UA. And a while back Killua had heard a rumour going around about Sakune dropping out of the support course, that not only surprised him but also struck his curiosity. Killua slid his yo-yos back in his pockets, signing with his hands as he spoke, what. It's good practice, okay?

"Did you really drop out?" Was all he asked, there was a short pause before Sakune moved his hand only slightly, signing a quick 'Yes'. The albino thought for a moment before continuing, ignoring as Kurapika walked over to the thug out cold on the ground, grabbing the thing by the arm and slowly dragging it away. "Why did you? Did something happen?"

'Heroes aren't really my thing.' Killua eyed the boy's outfit, he was wearing his uniform from the arena, the gas mask and everything. Kurapika returned, no longer with said thug.

"What's that about then?" Killua gestured to his outfit. Sakune looked himself up and down before relocating his gaze to his friend. 'Vigilantism suits me more' nobody moved. Kurapika still just fucking stood there. That is before the Zoldycks' eyes lit up like stars in the sky. "That's so badass!! God damn it now I wish I did that."

"Can we please focus?" The Kurta finally cut in. "I want to take a nap." Killua groaned, turning around the face of the other boy. He was about to speak before Kurapika continued "Before you say anything, neither of us win. So I'm not buying you dinner." Killua froze, closing his mouth.

"Can you at least tell me info then, even if I didn't win?" He whined, not waiting for a response from the blonde before turning back to Sakune, a grin spread across his face. "Are you gonna watch the sports festival?" He questioned quickly, and at this point Kurapika gave up.

"Killua. Finish this conversation and then we are leaving. Understood?" Killua felt shivers down his spine just by the voice the older boy was using; he needed to hurry up if he wanted to keep his sanity intact. Sakune raised his hand to his face, silently laughing, which made Killua smile.

'Yes, I'll watch the festival, you better be amazing.' Sakune placed his hands back in his pockets when he finished signing. Indicating to Killua that he was finished speaking. In all honesty, Killua wasn't exactly planning on even trying during the sports festival, just wanted to get it over with. But now he has to think about something else. He has to be as badass as Sakune, even if he is in the hero work instead of the vigilante work.

The silence was for once, comforting. They just stood there before Sakune moved forward, wrapping his arms around Killua in a hug. Not sure how to react at first, Killua legitimately collapsed to the ground, full ragdoll mode. Before apologising repeatedly, saying he didn't mean to it just sorta happened. Reflexes you know? Even after that, Killua stood back up, giving his friend a proper hug before saying his goodbye and walking off with Kurapika.

"How's Gon and Alluka" Killua instantly spoke up, though his feeble attempt at gaining information failed almost as fast as his past friendships...haha.....anywho-

"Thanks for asking Killua, I'm doing great. What about you?" Kurapika sarcastically responded. Killua giggled, apologising before trying again. This time asking what Kurapika had been up to while he was gone. Kurapika talked for a moment about his quick travels, and different work places he had been hired as a hunter. Only after the quick catching up did Killua re ask the question.

"I saw the two a while back, Gon was a rambling mess, either he was making up scenarios of what could have happened to you and then panicking, or he was spending his time playing puppets with Alluka." Kurapika paused for a moment, eyeing the way Killua walked, staring down at his shoes. "Alluka missed you. That's all she would talk about. But that is all I know of them, and that was around a month or two ago." The two continued to walk. No longer speaking for the rest of their walk. They stopped at a large building before Killua turned to Kurapika.

"Here." He handed Kurapika some money. "This should be enough for an apartment for a while, get a job quickly." Kurapika didn't bother asking where he got the money from. Then Killua took out a folded up receipt from his pocket, bending down and grabbing a small black stone before etching out numbers on the small paper. "I don't have a pencil, dont judge me." He glared.

"I did not say I was judging!" Kurapika raised his hands into the air as if defending himself, trying not to laugh as Killua's face reddened with embarrassment.

"Eh?! What's so funny!!" Killua shouted, standing up and shoving the piece of paper into Kurapika's hand. Kurapika smiled, chuckling slightly before ruffling Killua's hair.

"Nothing. Thanks Killua." The boy smiled, turning on his heel. "I'll add you when I get the chance, but I'll definitely be at this big festival!" Killua smiled back, waving his goodbye and Kurapika retreated to the buildings ahead. Everything was suddenly quiet, Killua sat down on the curb of the street, looking up at the stars. Sure they were pretty and all, but nothing would ever compare to the stars he and Gon watched together on whale island. Even if it didn't mean as much to Gon as it did to him. This is it, the sports festival is arriving.

—————

The speakers rang through the ears of the people lined around the large stadium. Killua sat in the same room as all the others, a towel around his neck. There were tables scattered around the room where the other 1A students sat, or stood around. Whilst some were panicking in a corner, others were strategizing, until Ida slammed open the door, reminding them they were about to head out into the arena soon. As if ignoring the warning, a certain duel haired boy stood up.

"Midoriya." Shoto spoke, walking over to Izuku, gaining the room's attention. "It's clear that I am stronger than you." He paused before continuing. "I'm not going to question you about you and allmights relationship. But I will say this." His icy glare pierced through Izuku's soft eyes, making him shiver. "I will defeat you." The room was silent. Killua staring quietly from a bit farther back.

"Hey, why is everyone saying all these weird declarations of war recently?" Kaminari scratched his head, eyeing the room, clearly out of the loop. Killua stood up, ignoring the stare battle the two heroes in training were having in the middle of the room. Kirishima approached shoto, making Killua stop a moment and stare once again. The red haired boy agreed with Kaminari, trying to ease the situation. He placed his hand on Shotos shoulder, instantly having it be knocked off.

"We aren't here to make friends. We're here to win." Killua honestly wanted to intervene, probably say something stupid like 'speak for yourself lollipop boy'. But he refrained before Izuku spoke up, not allowing Shoto to continue as he had begun walking away.

"I get it. You're strong. There's no doubt about it. But I'll be aiming to win too." Broccoli boy said. The room stayed silent. Nobody else said a word for the remainder of the time they spent in that room. It wasn't long before everyone filed out of the room, leading to this large pathway into the stadium. Present mic's voice blared through the place, shouting as if his life depended on it. At least that's what Killua thought. Class 1A walked out onto the field, fireworks shooting in the sky as the crowd cheered.

The other classes were introduced as they made their way into the field, and Killua's eyes landed on shinso. He looked fucking exhausted. Everyone gathered in one group, in front of a small podium. The hero Midnight standing tall in front of them all. Murmurs and whispers about the hero gathering. Especially about her outfit. Soon after, Katsuki was called up to the stand, something about a student pledge. Everything was quiet until the blonde finally spoke up, shocking everyone.

"All I have to say is. I'm gonna take first place." Everyone was silent for a moment before bursting out in angry shouts and complaints. The other students were beyond furious at the cocky bastard's response. But that didn't seem to matter to the pro heros. Killua stood there, wondering whether he should approach the spiky blonde and ask what's up, or whether he should just leave him alone. Katsuki went back to his class, passing right by Killua and the others, not making eye contact. Midnight explained the first event. The words lit up on a screen, reading 'obstacle course race'

"It's a four kilometer lap around the stadium! Anything is fair game if you stay on course!" Midnight shouted out, winking at the crowd. "Racers, get ready!!" Everyone stood there, almost ready to jump out of their shoes when they heard the word. "Start!!!" And it began.

Everyone ran, though Killua just stood there with his skateboard. What, he doesn't have a quirk so he's allowed other objects. He waited, watching as everyone ran off. The crowd cheered as the students sped off. Though Killua still stood there. Waiting. That is until it happened, the large robot, similar to the one from the entrance exam, blocked the path. The albino boy grinned, finally dropping his skateboard and pushing off on the ground.

Shoto was quick to use his quirk, creating a large ice burst to stop the robot in its tracks. Though, it was obvious he left it on a tilt. Meaning anyone trying to go under after him? Well they would be in for a treat. Some blasted, swung, tore or even crashed their way over and through the robots. Advancing in the race. Killua continued to skateboard around the chaos, swerving around the broken bits, making sure not to hit anything or anyone. He wouldn't want to damage his skateboard now would he?

Getting a little board, he may or may not have used a small bit of nen, specifically on his foot to propel himself forward on his skateboard. Everyone else seemed to be doing the work for him, meaning he saw no worth in attacking the robots. When that stage was finally over, Killua internally groaned, hopping off of his skateboard and placing it under his arm.

Rope. This wasn't going to be good. The large sprawled out area made it hard to think of different ways to cross. The only available method would be to crawl across those tight ropes stretched out across the rocks. But that wouldn't exactly work with Killua and his board. He would have to leave it behind, trying to step on that rope while holding the board would snap the rope.

Killua sighed, placing his board down and saying his goodbyes before placing his hands in his pockets and running forward. He ran across the ropes, shocking a few people before they refocused on their own situations. One slip up and they would fall into that pit. There is no doubt that there is some sort of safety measure down there. But either way falling down there? Most people here would have no way to get back up. Meaning they would fail the race.

As soon as he reached even ground it was obvious the rest of the course was layered with bombs. he was just around a couple metres back from Katsuki and Todoroki, the both of them seemed too tense. Though Killua ignored it and continued to run before a loud bang was heard from behind, and Izuku began speeding forward. Katsuki and Shoto looked horrified. But Killua took that chance, grabbing onto Izuku's ankle and allowing himself to be shot forward as well. Both Izuku and Killua crossed the line together. Leaving the other two hot headed boys to stand behind the line in absolute shock.

The stadium shook as cheers roared around, mic exclaiming that Izuku had gotten first place. Killua had gotten second, confusing both of the fuming boys. They hadn't once thought of the quirkless kid as an opponent. But now? They would have to see as Killua was also on the ranks. Though he was in it for something else. Bragging rights of course.

Words: 2698

Hehehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 17.4K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
121K 4K 25
Izuku Midoriya had always had the short end of the stick, wether it went from tripping in public or he's quark or lack of quark he always got the sho...
473K 17.3K 52
This is the rewritten version of the first Insomnia. Plot is similar, but has major changes, and hopefully better. -•- [Y/N] [L/N], sleep-deprived an...
6K 377 19
Izuku Midoriya once got himself a stray not knowing who this traveler was. It was not a quirk nor was it someone who belonged to his world but in a c...