Wait... I'm Nightmare!? I Tho...

By Donut2460

(Cover made by me!) (!Updates 1-4 times a month¡) You died by cracking your skull open as you walked out of t... More

•Prologue•
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
A/N- OMG
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
Important A/N (PLEASE READ)
Q/A
Q/A
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
Important A/N (PLEASE READ)
•Q/A (Very Short & Name Poll Results)•
•Halloween Special•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Chapter 43•
•Epilogue•

•Chapter 36•

2.3K 162 47
By Donut2460

Nightmare (Ghost) POV

Nightmare followed Cross. Well, the Cross of Dreamswap. Not Onyx.

This was getting confusing. Who was his alternate? What would he look like?

Nightmare absentmindedly thought to himself as he floated after Cross, who was traveling through a forest. He has to figure out how to introduce himself to Cross and the others... if the others except Cross could see him anyways...

He hopes everything works out.

After half an hour of following, Cross stopped in front of a cottage. Small and cozy, in the middle of a forest, with Christmas lights on it. Cross knocked on the door with a series of different knocks, some fast, some slow, etc.

There was some clammer around the small cottage, and then the door was opened, and Nightmare watched as they all exchanged greetings and smiled.

Nightmare wasn't going to do anything right now except listen. Gouge when the right time to approach the others would be. As he phased through the cottage walls, he made extra effort to stay out of everyone's sight, those who could see him and couldn't (Just in case).

"Bro! Awesome! You finally got the food! Me and Error were starving!" other him spoke first.

Nightmare looked over the others, looking over their appearances and seeing how similar they were to the others. For now, other him, which he will refer to as Night, had purple eyes like his eye lights and a moon staff that had been summoned and unsummoned earlier. He had back hair and had the crown on him.

"Yeah, what took you so long, Cross? And do you have the coffee I asked for?" Asked Error, sifting through the bags.

Error had the same blue streaks going down his cheeks and mismatched eyes with comfortable clothing. Cross... was like Cross (Onyx) except with skin. Same clothes and scar, except the scar went down to the bottom of his cheek instead of being a zigzag like Onyx's.

"I bumped into a problem along the way," Cross sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, "Almost got found out, but something strange happened," he continued, and Nightmare listened into the conversation quietly, "I had a tussle with some strangers, and we bumped into each other, but the thing is, is that there was this skeleton monster there with this human girl," he traced the scar on his cheek, "The skeleton had the small scar on his cheek except is was horizontal (Went from left to right) and was a zigzag. When I looked at him, I felt like I've known him for a very long time and like he was a stranger to me at the same time."

"Stop tripping," Night scoffs, rolling his eyes as he munched on some snickers and slapped Cross's back playfully, making the human stumble and blow a raspberry at Night.

(Definition for those that are too lazy to look up what blowing a raspberry is even though they don't know it: If you blow a raspberry, you make a sound by putting your tongue out and blowing, in order to insult someone)

Cross rolls his eyes back and protests with a pout after, "I'm not joking! I'm actually serious this time!"

Error sighs, "Okay. If you're right, then what are we supposed to do about it? It happened, cool, now let's move on."

Then Nightmare decided to step in at this time, 'I don't think that we should move on right now.'

~~~

You ate some cereal with Onyx for dinner (because you wanted to and you could, so you did).

"How do you think Nightmare is doing right now?"

Onyx shrugs, "Dunno. Hope everything works out, though."

"Yeah," you nod, and the atmosphere turns into a comfortable silence.

2 days until you can meet Dream again... just 2...

You miss Dream.

You huff and sulk, putting your elbow on the table and leaning your head into your hand as you poked the cereal with your spoon, appetite lost.

Onyx sighs and gives you a deadpan stare, "Oh, stop sulking, we'll see Dream soon enough. And remember to bring me into the Dreamspace as well. I want to say hi to Dream as well."

You exaggerate your sigh again and then reply, "Yeah, yeah," you push the half-filled bowl of cereal away from you, the cereal now soggy and your appetite, gone.

As you pour the cereal down the kitchen drain and wash the bowl, you say goodnight to Onyx, who also starts standing up to clean after himself.

~~~

Dreams POV

Dream paced around the room nervously as Sci and Classic looked at papers and tinkered on some small gadgets.

They were making no progress. It's been three days, and the meeting was held just 2 hours ago. Dream thought that by having someone else help them, for example, Classic, they might be able to make more progress. But they haven't. The others can't help because all they can do is gather materials. Dust and Killer don't have most knowledge of their past because of how many resets they went through, and Axe has his caved-in skull, which sometimes caused a problem with his cognitive functions. Too many things to process or think about would also make Axe's head hurt.

Dream can't do anything because he basically has no experience in any field except for protecting people, but he failed that too after Night didn't tell Dream of him being bullied, resulting in him not being to protect his only family.

Dream frowned and then slapped himself, making the other 2 skeletons in the room jump and look at Dream, surprised. 'Snap out of it!' he firmly scolded himself, 'Brother said that it was not my fault and not to think like that, so I won't.'

"Uh... you good dream?" Classic asks.

"Yeah," Dream smiles in reassurance, "Sorry about that. You guys keep on working."

Dream thinks back to the meeting, reviewing the ideas that were given and what happened.

~

"Marama is where?!" Outer exclaimed, shocked.

Dream repeated what he said, "Mara is in a different Multiverse. Thankfully, I was able to reach them through the dream realm, and Cross is doing fine too, but right now, we have a small idea on what we can do to bring them back."

"So, what's the idea then?" Color asked, crossing his arms.

"Well, we had already started it. After using a magic tracker to find where Mara is, we are now trying to build a machine, much like the one in the lab behind your guy's houses, but with a few modifications so that it would be possible;e for us to travel between multiverses, but there's one problem," Dream fiddled with the gloves on his hands with a frown as he continued, "That would require us to somehow travel through the void. What we have figured out, though, is that Multiverses have different frequencies."

"And we were also able to figure out why most Sans's can also travel through different au's with their magic and not others!" Sci interrupts, excited and eager to explain his recent discovery but also slapping a hand over his mouth and looking apologetically at Dream.

Dream giggles, "It's okay, Sci, I was about to explain that and how it'll help us, so if you want, you can explain instead of me."

Sci nods with a smile, excited and happy to bring the news and revelation to the others, "So, between au's, frequencies differ slightly, sometimes one variable changing between or maybe all, and with all of the au's frequencies, they add up to making the multiverses frequency. Why we, theoretically, can hop and teleport between au's and the places we've already been to, is because our magic remembers and 'stores' it in its own memory, the frequencies and coordinates of where we've been to, and we can choose to go back to the place we've already been to before. If we want to choose to go somewhere, with no destined location, our magic syncs up with any magic frequency, which is easiest to sync up from where we are, and we go to any random place. That's why we can't go to any destined location that we've never been to because our magic doesn't 'remember' it, er, basically, our magic doesn't remember the magic frequency and coordinates of the place," Sci keeps on explaining, "We need to replicate the blue magic, or gravity magic we use because we all know that when we travel through one point to another, we go through the void. Although it seems scary, it doesn't cause any pain or discomfort. And we need to replicate that with the machine, except, we somehow need to find out the frequency of magic and the coordinates of the multiverse... which we have no means of finding out... yet. And to be able to power gravity magic into the machine. But, we at least know on what to strive for completing while making the machine."

Silence enveloped the others as they thought. Classic raised his hand, "I... volunteer to help. I have an idea of how to figure it out, but I'm not sure. And it might not even work."

Dream gives Classic a grateful smile and nods, "Of course, and it's ok. We need all the help we can get."

~~~

There was a bit more conversation after that, and the next meeting was decided from a week from now. And Classics' plan didn't work, so now they were in a slump.

"We need to go to an area with the highest frequency and condensed magic to be able to try to find the other multiverse," Sci spoke.

Dream sighed, and Classics eye lights lit up, and he spoke, "Shouldn't the void, technically, be the place with the lowest frequencies and magic since it allows us to be able to travel to other places since it cant block us with different frequencies and magic while traveling?"
Sci jumps up, and he catches onto what Classic was saying, Dream watching both of them in surprise, "You're right! Classic! Oh my god! Why didn't I think of that earlier!? Since the void is the link between Multiverses and Au's and primarily doesn't block our travel, meaning the frequencies and magic there is weak, we need to go to a place that's opposite of the Void!"

"Do you think it's the Doodle-Sphere?" Classic suggests.

Dream shakes his head, "No. The Doodle-Sphere only holds Au's and is a direct link to Au's and nothing else. I don't think we can use the doodlesphere to travel to another Multiverse."

Classic and Sci frown, thinking, and then Dream snaps his finger, an 'aha!' expression appearing on his skull as he speaks up again, "The Anti-Void! Error's Domain!"

~~~

Have fun with that cliffhanger ya'll! XDD

Welp, finals gonna start in like a day, so I'm now mainly gonna prepare. Wish me luck! (I also wish luck for those also as unfortunate as me going through finals as well)

Have a good Morning/Evening/Night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5.9K 22
《Confirmed. Reconstructing the spirit...『Gamers mind』 has been acquired. Report. 『Gamers mind』 and 『Gamers body』 evolved into one skill category: 『G...
353K 13.2K 40
PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY Description: Your name is (Y/n) and you are originally from an au called Dreamtale! Your life hadn't been...
5.6K 228 12
𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞. 𝐇𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬. 𝐈𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥...
5K 218 36
(UPDATES EVERY FRIDAY) NIGHTMARE is a sadistic bastard, that's just a fact. His goal is to corrupt Dream's soul and prevent the Doodlesphere from fee...