Meridia: The Fall (Book 2 Cat...

By Quietdreamer52

BOOK 2 of Meridia Kaylaya and Cato are back along with the other characters we know and love. Another year a... More

1
Guilt
Training
Reaping
Welcome Back
6
7
8
Games
Your Victors of the 77th Hunger Games..
12
13
15
16 ( 12 POV)
17
18 ( FYI)
19 (12 POV)
20
21
22 ( 12 POV)
23
24 ( Capitol POV)
25
26 ( 12POV)
27
Hey!
What did they do.. ( Mixed POV)
How to make them believe
I do.
Don't understand ( 12 POV)
What do you want me to do? ( Mixed POV)
34
Round 2
Meet the team
37
Start of a...
... Revolution
Friction
Scores
The end.
Games
i'd killed you by now.
Why?
Fainting hope
The Tree
Finale
13
...you made it

11

210 6 0
By Quietdreamer52

A lot of the mentors left after the newest victors were announced.

Me and Cato included. There was a type of urgency when he stood up walking out. He didn't do much, his movements were robotic even.

We got on one of the many elevators, he hits two before turning to me. " We're leaving right away, I don't want to be here when the rebellions break out."

I shifted from foot to foot a sense of uneasiness washes over me, I nodded before the elevator opened and we went in our room to grab what we wanted.

Neffy was already there, There were tear streaks on her proclaim white makeup. Though I don't think she was a fan of the kids completely she still cried.

" That was unexpected..all of it." She muttered. None of us are happy with the outcome and how they could just get away with it.

" I know." I give her a hug, which she returned with a couple sniffles.

" We're leaving right away." Cato says.

She sighs, " I'll go get someone to bring you to the train."

" Thank you Neffy." I say giving her a small smile.

She smiles at me walking out the door, I go to my room grabbing a couple items. I considered going by Hazel and Japers room, maybe there's something they brought that I should bring back.

But something stops me, I wasn't sad about them dying, though I feel bothered. She should've won. The careers should've won.

Why did she decide to ramble?

I shake the thought rummaging through everything before opening up my door, Cato was just about to come in when I opened it.

I take a breath, " Oh, sorry." He says, " You ready?"

" Yea. Neffy got someone for us?"

" Yea, they're waiting."

I take one last look around the room before I step out, I hear commotion coming from the window though it sounded like fighting and partying.

Cato heard it to, he grabbed my hand him leading me out. I didn't mind I'd rather not stay while riots are breaking out.

Neffy stood with a team of Peacekeepers, her face grave.

" Why don't you come with us?" I ask her.

She smiles, " I'll be fine here. You guys should go, before it gets to crazy."

" We'll see you soon Neff."

She nods, " Bring nicer ones next time."

I manage another smile, Cato takes my hand leading me again, the Peacekeepers escorting us back to the train.

Normally Peacekeepers don't acknowledge you, it's part of their training normally the only time they acknowledge you is when they're talking to you directly.

I noticed one of them constantly staring though I don't know if he was looking at me or Cato, or just in our direction.

I tried not to look to much, But Cato took notice making me change seats with him halfway through the ride.

When we boarded, the train made no haste leaving, that same Peacekeeper watching our train leave.

" What was his deal?" Cato commented glaring out the window at the Peacekeeper.

I shrug, " No idea, maybe he's still in training or something. Or he's just a poor Peacekeeper."

I hear a small chuckle from Cato before he turns around. That uneasiness was still lingering, Cato stares at me a moment longer " What?" He asks softly.

" What do you think is going to happen?"

His expression dulled, He went to the couch looking my way to mention me over. I leaned on him waiting for his response. " I think this is going to change a lot ."

" How so?"

He shifts, " People are either going to be happy about it or they won't. There's quite a few victors who have a huge influence in the Capitol, they may or may not be happy. Higher ups, the same thing. What they did I think is the hugest act of rebellion. Rebels will act now more then ever. Hell they or their families will pay for this."

I take in all he was telling me. The uneasiness intensified.

" No one else seemed worried." I barely said.

" I think every mentor in that room was worried, though none of us looked like it...except for 12."

He said 12 with a slight displeasure in his tone, not even her name. " Maybe we should go-" I began before he cuts me off.

" No Kaylaya. We're not getting involved with 12 anymore then what we already are. They'll be fine, they can't kill the victors now, not yet anyways." Cato sharply says wanting to end that conversation right away.

I sigh, playing with the fabric of my shirt. His arm pulls me closer to him, " We don't need to worry ok? I'd never let anything bad happen to you. We're 2... The Capitol loves us. The safest place we could be is our district."

That made me feel a little better. Not much. But some.

Cato plants a kiss on my temple. " Just think, we're going back home. We don't need to worry about the games for a couple months now."

He leans forward going to grab the remote but I stop him, " I just want quiet. Just you and me." I say softly.

I hear a small snicker from him, he readjusts so the both of us are laying on the couch. Just the small hum of the train on the tracks was all we could hear.

I smile to myself, " I'd never thought I'd appreciate silence so much."

" We sound so old." Cato comments making the both of us chuckle.

There was a comfortable moment of silence before Cato reached over playing with my hands. " When you were small did you ever think of a place you'd want to go when someone proposes to you?" He asked.

" Didn't you already kinda propose?" I smile looking over at him.

" Yes and no. I gave you one of my older rings and you don't even wear it. No, you threw it somewhere." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes nudging him, " Seriously." He says, " Where would your place be?"

" If I say then it won't be a surprise."

He tilts his head, " You don't know that. I could propose right now."

I pause turning my whole body towards him, He had his huge smirk plastered on his face. " Don't worry This would be one of the last places I'd do it."

" Your a lucky man Hadley."

" You still haven't answered my question." He persists.

I look away thinking, " In the Woods. My dad used like strong lights and candles. He also used my moms favorite flowers. Just something simple but I bet it was beautiful." I smile, feeling a small pang of sadness thinking of him.

Cato planted another kiss on my cheek this time squeezing me a little tighter. " It sounds beautiful."

" Thanks." I whisper.

He was tracing shapes on my hand was I watched though it didn't take long before I drifted off to sleep, I think him soon after.

When I woke I noticed the train was just pulling into 2.

" Cato?"

He shifts, opening his eyes giving me an annoyed look. " We're back."

TIME JUMP ( Next Day)

I couldn't even stand to look at the TV, all it is anymore is riots and interrupting channels to give warnings.

Though I know many of the Peacekeepers were dispatched to control them, which were controlled soon after they start luckily.

Cato was with his parents for the day helping with who knows what. Mrs.Hadley wanted me to come to but I politely declined.

I wanted to just go out for a walk without having to accompany anyone else.

I needed just to clear my mind, or think I guess. I decided to walk by the Training academy where Vad was just coming out of.

" Kaylaya!" I hear him yell.

So much for walking by myself. I turn giving him a half smile, " Hi."

" Sorry to hear about your tributes."

And so much for avoiding thinking about the games.

I shrug, " Won't be the last time it'll happen."

He nods, " I don't think a lot of people were happy about the outcome. I'm not. I mean 12 was decent but only one should've won."

I scoff, " Your telling me."

He pauses. " Are you ok? You seem a little tense."

I shrug, " Honestly.. All this rebellion stuff make me uneasy. And Hazel.. I know she could've won."

" Oh. Sorry. I-"

" It's fine Vad, I just want to be done talking about it. Anyways, how have you been?"

" Good, I'm training to be a Peacekeeper."

" Really?" I ask, " In a time like this?"

He shrugs, " This was my last year to be a tribute, I needed to think about a future. I mean they still let me go in and train luckliy but I saw how you and Cato were affected.." He drifts off.

" I didn't know it was so easy to tell how messed up we were." I scoff.

" I didn't mean it like that."

" I know." I fake a smile, the kind of smile I'd use if I was being interviewed. Though I know it shouldn't bother me as much as the comment did. But yea... The games can change a person.

They do mess you up. It alters something within you, every time you enter the Capitol it feels like something is just...there."

" Well, I need to get going...The Hadley's are expecting me." I lie.

" Yea! Yea. I won't keep you. Have a good rest of your day Kay." Vad says.

" You to." I walk away before anythign else could be done, I know he wanted to say something more.

I guess I need to go to the Hadley's now..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 1K 33
What if you volunteer for the hunger games for your brother? To give him a better life. What if you plan to come back,but you never do? A clato stoy...
4.9K 64 16
Cato Hadley x Oc 2/5 Rhea Aaron. District Ten Female. Cato Hadley. District Two Male. What could possibly go wrong? โ๐‘€๐’ถ๐“Ž ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐’น๐’น๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐‘’ ๐‘’๐“‹...
23.3K 571 26
๐—œ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ. ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—พ๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐˜€, ๐˜„๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—น๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
197K 5.8K 21
REVENGE. when everything is ripped from her, a young victor makes it her mission to eliminate the one who tore her apart. CATCHING FIRE