Mikaelson's Gem

By Brielle319

When Esmeralda the 5th Mikaelson child, decides she wants to go and live life on her own, she's condemned to... More

The Original Family
Mystic Falls 1860-1864
On the Run
Welcome Back
Salvatores
Charlie's Angels
Death Wish
Memory lane
Charming
wolf stench
Elijah
Waterfall
Pettiness >
Bitch fight
Tea Party
Another Love
blonde≠dumb
Hormonal Teen
Best type of Party
Face This Together
Gem
A/N
60's Dance
Alaric = Klaus
Wake up
Lockwood Mansion

Car ride

2.5K 78 19
By Brielle319

We both walk silently towards my car, the silently part being before a panting Elena came running towards us.

"Wait! Esmeralda! Elijah-" We could hear her yell, but I kept on ignoring her. Elijah opening the front seat door for me.

I get in, glancing back at Elena who was still running towards us. She was a slow runner. She wasn't gonna make it in time.

"Elijah get in before she reaches us." I tell Elijah who was still standing by my door, instead of walking over to the drivers side.

"It looks like she has something to say Esme." I roll my eyes.

"She's always got shit to say, now get your arse in my car."

"Watch your language little sister." He chided me like a father would a child. "We shall wait to see what it is she wants." He says as if his word was final. Which it kinda was, but we don't address that.

If there was ever a person I always felt the need to follow orders from it was Elijah. He practically raised me, he is my father figure. So I guess somewhere between the lines he earned the respect a daughter gives to his father. He's literally the only person that can tell me what to do without me ripping their heads off.

I huff in the car like an annoyed child as we waited on the doppelgänger.

"Elijah...I want to talk-"

"Yes we gathered that much." I inturrupt impatiently.

"My sister and I were about to go for a little chat ourselves. Would you like to join us?"

"Elijah no!-" I start whining. I can't handle an entire day with her.

"Yes... I would like to make a new deal with you." Elijah smirks at her answer.

"You're in no positions to make deals. And even if you were, how can I trust you?"

She hesitates but promptly removes her vervain necklace handing it over to Elijah. "Go ahead, check if I'm lying." She says boldly.  Elijah smiles as he shakes his head. He found her amusing.

"I don't think that's necessary." he goes to give the necklace back to Elena but I stop him before he could. Pulling Elena's arm down so she was looking into my eyes.

"Slap yourself two times."

Without hesitation she did, for two glorious seconds I felt happiness. But then Elijah had to go ruin it for me.

"That is enough of your cruelty, Esmeralda. Stop acting like a jealous child." I cross my arms over my chest as I turn to look forward instead.

"I am not jealous." I muttered under my breath.

"Stop mumbling, you know how much I hate the mumbling." He says before walking over to his side of the car and opening the back seat door for Elena.

This was going to be a long day.

_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-

Elijah is next to Esmeralda as he drinks blood from a blood bag. They had switched seats along the way, hesitantly on Elijah's part, so that Esme could drive while Elijah ate.

"You look better brother, less pale, more lively." Esmeralda says as she looked at her brother then the road.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asks out of nowhere.

"I got it from your decicated body, as for them I have no idea. I had no part in their plan."

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Elena says from the back seat.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed."

"No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?"

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

Elena was interrupted by a buzzing of a phone. Esmeralda looked to the side to see that is was her phone. Damon was calling.

"Oh look, your pet is calling. Shall I answer-?" Esmeralda smacked his hand away.

"Just put him on speaker. And stay quiet."

Elijah answers the phone and puts it on speaker holding it closer to Esmeralda.

"Princess, where are you?" He spoke unnervingly calm.

"Just driving around, looking for my next meal. What about you?"

"Do you happen to be with Elena?"

"Yeah. Lena and me are having a little girl's trip. We're gonna get our nails done, go out to eat-"

"Undagger a very old vampire from our cellar?" He finishes for me. I smile, imagining his face.

"Umm...no, that doesn't sound very fun."

"You're right, especially because that vampire could very much hurt you. It would be very stupid of you to do so."

I roll my eyes. "Princess, where's Elijah?"

"He's right here." I state.

"Where? I'm on my way."

"Thanks for the concern Charming, but Elijah and I need some time alone."

"Listen to me Esmeralda, I know he's your brother but he can't be trusted he'll use you and Elena to get to Klaus."

"Elijah is a 'noble' man, Damon. He lives by a code of honor... most of the time. I can trust him. And he knows that Elena would be incredibly stupid to betray him again. If it makes you feel better, I promise I won't let Elena die on my watch."

"It doesn't make me feel better, Esmeralda. Come back right now, I'm not playing."

"Well it's a good thing I don't take orders from you then. It's my decision Damon, you'd do well to respect it. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone. I'll be in touch." I reach my hand over to hang up the call. Everyone in the car stays silent but I can feel Elijah's judgy little eyes on me, waiting for me to say something.

"Just spit it out Elijah, you know how much I hate when people don't speak their mind."

"No nothing...it's just, I don't really like him for you. He seems like the controlling type."

"Then it's a good thing I don't like him. And even if I did, your opinion stopped being important to me a long time ago."

"-I'm just saying, your relationship would be chaotic. You'd end up hurting each other. "

"I've been hurt before, I survived. I'm not scared to risk it again, if this was the case, which it isn't. "

"And not to mention his inevitable death, either by your temperamental hands or mines. Or our brother's if he finds out about you two."

"I'll do whatever I want to him with 0 remorse at all, but you just keep your wrinkly hands away from him. And our brother won't do anything because there's nothing going on between the two of us."

"W-wait, you two have a brother?" Elena inturrupts. I had forgotten she was there.

"Shush it Elena, the adults are talking. "

"No the adults are lying. You and Damon were engaged and now you're saying there's nothing going on between you?" Where does she get the balls-

I slam my foot on the brake, making the car jerk violently forward, causing Elena to hit her head against the back of my seat. She didn't even get time to recover from the impact as I turned around in my seat and lunge at her. My armd aggressively reaching her neck as I yank half of her body to the front. The veins from under my eye appear and I go to bite her when I feel a hand around my own neck pushing me back.

"Esmeralda let her go." Elijah said sternly as he tried prying my grip on Elena's neck. I ignored him as I kept tightening my grip, seeing as Elena started to gasp for air.

"Esmeralda Rose Mikaelson let her go right this instance. Stop acting like a crazed animal."

Why should I? By killing her I'd be killing two birds with one stone. I'd be getting my revenge on Klaus and I would be able to rid myself of the annoying doppel-bitch.

"You promised the Salvatore boy that she wouldn't die." Elijah says as a final attempt to get me to stop. And sadly, for me, it works...

If I kill her Damon might never forgive me...why should I care about his forgiveness anyways? Because it's him, it's Dai.

I hesitate in my next move as I think it through in my mind...Damn it!

I let her go just as I hear her heart rate fall just seconds away from completely stopping.

"I wasn't gonna kill her...relax grandpa." I play it off, as Elena falls back into her seat breathing heavily, being her dramatic self. "It was just a joke, right Lena?" I say smiling amusedly as I look back at her.

She was crying and was holding on to her neck as she tried to talk. Keyword being, tried.

"I caa- I talk..." she said what I assume were words. But her voice kept cracking and wheezing out as she spoke so I couldn't really understand.

"Oopsie...I might've taken the joke a little to far." I smile sheepishly as I glance at Elijah's stern glare.

"You think? You're still such a hot heated insulant child-" He grumbled on angrily as he bit into his wrist and gave Elena some of his blood, to cure her. While I sat arms crossed in my seat like a naughty child who just got caught.

Once Elijah was done healing Elena everyone stayed silent, taking a beat to calm down. Elijah was the first one to break the silence.

"Damon Salvatore...that was the man you almost married? The man you loved?"

"Elijah-"

"You've only ever truely loved two other men before, and both I could understand. You never gave your heart up easily, it was always such a rare occasion but Damon Salvatore? That man is arrogant, vile, vulgar-"

"Yeah, well that is the man I loved. And yes he is all those things but he's also so much more." She defended but then she realized how much emotion she was showing. And she knew that in this life emotions get you killed. "Or atleast he was. Now I don't really care what he is. You know once I loose interest I don't gain it again."

"I know, you're temperamental like that. But that's why this shocks me so much, you left Damon yet there's still something about him that interest you. Now that's something that's never happened."

"He was good in the sack Elijah. Is that what you wanted to hear? There's literally no emotion connected to him other than lust." Elijah's face crinkled in disgust as he waved me off to tell me to stop.

"Esmeralda, stop with the vulgar details-"

"What? You wanted to know what the attraction was so bad, so I told you. And now you're mad?" I hid the smirk as I see that Elijah belived the reason why I'm still interested in Damon. "I'm tired now. You drive and you better not scratch my baby." I don't give him time to reply as I hop out of the car and walk over to the passenger seat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 10.4K 51
When you think of Klaus Mikaelson, you think of the murderous Original hybrid; few don't and Violet is one of them. After saving her life in the 1920...
421 13 13
TVD/TO Fanfiction It was the late 990s and the Mikaelson family were living peacefully in Mystic Falls. This all changes when they find a mysterious...
322K 8.4K 57
BEING REWRITTEN. IF CHAPTERS ARE MISSING, THEY'RE BEING EDITED AND WILL BE BACK WITHIN AN HOUR. It's been two years since Rory Forbes came back to M...
49.3K 1.7K 49
Unlike her twin sister, Elena, Elara Gilbert never quite fit in. Heck, how could she when this was at least the 50th time she'd relived her teenage y...