Two Rejects

By zero_gravity500

"Oh Mia," Alpha Matthew's low, slow voice practically purred. "I'm going to take so much pleasure in ruining... More

Author's Note
Fan Covers
Chapter 1 - Welcome to Sparta
Chapter 2 - The Glaze
Chapter 3 - Rejected by my mate
Chapter 4 - Going Rogue
Chapter 5 - Some Nice Strangers
Chapter 6 - Trusting the Enemy
Chapter 7 - Alpha Matthew
Chapter 8 - Becoming a Scholar
Chapter 9 - Professor Alpha
Chapter 10 - Alpha's Office Hours
Chapter 11 - Muscle Memory
Chapter 12 - Beer Me
Chapter 13 - Werewolf Hangovers
Chapter 14 - Old Town
Chapter 15 - Electrifying
Chapter 16 - Fashion Show
Chapter 17 - Electric Candles
Chapter 18 - Hosts of the Castle
Chapter 19 - Ruining You
Chapter 20 - Absolutely Insulting
Chapter 21 - Contingencies
Chapter 22 - Fight
Chapter 23 - Glorified Babysitter
Chapter 24 - Old Friends
Chapter 25 - The Initiation
Chapter 26 - Oh-So-In-Love
Chapter 27 - Barbie B*tch
Chapter 28 - A Chance
Chapter 29 - Two Separate Entities
Chapter 30 - Going Rogue II
Chapter 31 - Bearing a Mark
Chapter 32 - Glowing
Chapter 34 - Formalities
Chapter 35 - Two Unlikely Lovers
Chapter 36 - Haunting War Cry
Chapter 37 - The King
Chapter 38 - Chess Game
Chapter 39--The Foretell Part 1
Chapter 40 -- The Foretell Part 2
Chapter 41 - A Second Chance
Chapter 42 - Brotherhood
Chapter 43 - The Ceremony
Chapter 44 - Epilogue
Author's Note - Prequel and Sequel(s)
Author's Note - Rebelling the Alpha King
Bonus Chapter - Graduation & Mia Meet's Matthew's Parents

Chapter 33 - Alpha Alter-Ego

16K 594 59
By zero_gravity500

I'm playing with Matthew's hand. Tracing his tattoos aimlessly as I lay on my stomach on our bed. He's watching me intently—his eyes trailing down my face and naked body. His lower half covered by the sheets while his bare torso peaks out. With his spare hand, he gently runs his knuckles on my back.

"Do you want more tattoos?" I ask him, finally looking up and meeting his gaze.

There's a contentedness in his aura—something more than just the sex we had. We're both always happy after sex but it's the aftercare that makes me realize how much we love each other. We always cuddle together or spend time in each other's personal space. Sometimes Matthew will grab his guitar and try to teach me some more chords. Other times, I'll read him my book aloud while he purrs against my chest. It's moments like these that make me fall so much deeper in love.

"One day." Matthew's smile dreamy. "I'd like to get something symbolic for each pup we have."

"Like their birthday or name?" I ask softly.

"Something like that." Matthew pulls me upwards, his lips finding mine in a content and soft kiss. His arms wrapping around me as I settle under the covers with him. Our bodies warm and bare. I can feel his fingers trailing on my lower back.

When I pull away, I smile, "I kind of want a tattoo. To match yours."

"We could get a matching set," Matthew grins. "Two wolves."

"A set of books with your glasses." I counter.

He laughs full-heartedly. The sound so beautiful and warming. "Well, it might ruin the aesthetic I've built on my forearm but anything for you gorgeous."

Matthew kisses me a few times making me flutter. He steps out from under the covers, his body so gloriously naked. I start salivating at it. So aware that we had sex just a few moments ago and I'm still hungrily staring at him. There's just no way to quench my craze over him.

"What are you doing?" I ask him as he walks over to the drawer to start getting dressed. He picks out a pair of slacks and a button-down shirt before layering it with a sweater.

"You said you wanted a tattoo," Matthew smirks. His body turning towards me, eyes narrowing mischievously.

I frown in confusion, "Right now?"

His arms cross, "Right now."

I jump out of bed, smiling like a buffoon as I grab my own clothes. Matthew chuckles as I happily get dressed into a skirt, comfy sweater, and grab my winter coat. I might not be able to see him, but I can tell he's watching. Once I'm dressed, I clutch onto his arm as he leads us downstairs.

"Where are you love birds going?" Sage asks as we swing by the kitchen to grab Matthew's car keys.

Tyler and Sage are sitting in the living room watching some TV. Ever since Tyler was appointed as my babysitter, he's been spending much more time here in the castle. Partially because of me running away too. He turns to look over at us with a kind grin.

"We're going to go get a set of matching tattoos." Matthew beams, "Want to come?"

Sage and Tyler look at each other once before jumping out of their seats. They run past us, causing both Matthew and I to laugh.

"Why the hell is your backseat shredded?" Tyler asks as soon as we're all in the G-wagon. I can't help my light blush at how Matthew's claws gripped the seat in the back. Tyler seems to pick up on my silence and Matthew's suggestive smirk. He suddenly cries out, "Oh gross."

As we drive out of the Valley, I'm suddenly curious where Matthew is taking us. He's progressively getting farther and farther away from our small town. An hour turns into two but luckily the four of us make the small road trip into something fun.

Matthew finally pulls into a human town. The closest one to the Valley. I'm actually surprised by how secluded our little home is. I turn to Matthew as he lowers the volume of our music, "Why are we going into a human town?"

He smiles softly as he parks the car onto one of the main streets, "My favorite tattoo artist lives here."

Sage seems excited and I wonder if she got her tattoos here too. It's a small little town and we seem to have parked just in the center. There are families walking about, teenagers strolling in groups, and just a consensus of what people like to do on the weekend on a sunny day. It might be cold out but the sun seems to energize us.

We all get out of the car, Matthew taking my hand and leading me down the street towards a small tattoo parlor. I would be lying if I didn't notice that people were staring. Not just at Matthew or me, but at Sage and Tyler. Some of the younger women practically drooling over Matthew and Tyler. A few guys letting their eyes roam before Matthew would shoot them an intense glare that would get them to turn away.

I can't help but roll my eyes. Typical human behavior. They always succumb to werewolves. I'm not entirely sure if it's our aura's or something else, but it's not the first time I've been in a human town where staring is normal. We used to take field trips in Sparta.

"After you gorgeous," Matthew pulls the handle of the tattoo shop. I smile—walking in to see countless drawings and works of art sprawled on the walls. A majority of which are wolves. It actually seems to be the main trend about the shop. There are realistic wolves or tribal wolves. Some are howling, some are fighting or snarling. Some just look majestic.

"Why if it isn't Matthew!" The shop owner grins from behind the main counter. His body is laced in tattoos, starting on the neck and following his arms and chest. Even with the eyebrow and lip-ring he looks incredibly approachable and kind.

Then it really hits me, and I furrow my eyebrows slightly, my body stiffening. "You're not human."

The guy smiles—he blinks for a split second and his eyes turn blood red. A pair of fangs peaking out his top lips. "Nice catch," He says with a chuckle.

"Relax." Sage instructs Tyler and I when our bodies tense. I've never met a vampire in person. Werewolf packs are always so tightly knit. Vampires and werewolves notoriously don't get along but there's a very clear understanding that in this day-and-age, there's really no reason to be bickering over trivial issues like land. Wars have always been fought for land or money. Never did I anticipate meeting a vampire in a tattoo shop.

"This is Ashley." Matthew smiles gently, "He's quite the artist."

Tyler's eyes furrow, "You have the self-control to be a tattooing vampire?"

I hadn't even thought of that. I can't imagine what it must be like for him to draw someone's blood while tattooing. My lips turn into a smirk. I've always heard that vampires are quite sadistic and torturous. I'm not even surprised that he puts himself through this. True goths are what they are.

"Well, I have had hundreds of years of practice." Ashley smiles, his attention turning to me. His nostrils flare ever so slightly, and he suddenly laughs, "I never thought that Matthew would have a mate. It's a pleasure to meet you, dear. Are you here to watch him etch your name into his skin?"

"No," I smile confidently. "I want to get my first tattoo."

"A virgin. How exciting." Ashley's eyebrows perk up in anticipation. Matthew growls and that seems to amuse Ashley even more. "Calm down, Wolf. You know I'm only playing."

Ashely pulls out a drawing pad from under the counter. He grins at the four of us—eyes dancing with excitement. "Go on then, what shall I draw up for you furry little beasts?"

***

While getting our tattoos, Matthew and Ashley told us the story of how they met. Turns out, Ashley was one of the first supernatural beings other than werewolves that was allowed to attend the Valley's university. He's always been fascinated with wolves and wanted to try and integrate. Of course, this led to slight tensions, but he was voted as "Most Liked" by his graduating class. Since then, he's returned to artistry. After all, when you're alive for eternity, there's always plenty of time to learn how to do everything—at least that's what he told me.

I somehow—without too much pushback—convinced Matthew to get a set of books with a model of his glasses. He brought the glasses along to show Ashley and I have to credit the blood-sucker, his drawing skills are incredible. Not only that, but when he tattooed me, I could barely feel it.

"Sometimes I like to put my customers through pain," Ashley tells me while he's tattooing my arm. A demon glint in his eye as he stares lustfully at the tattoo. "But for the most part, I'd say I'm one of the gentlest tattooists. A gift when your skills are refined by supernatural powers."

I quickly learned that Ashley would make such comments to try and put in unease. But after just a few minutes of talking, I realized that he's quite harmless. He even talked to me about moving from England to the Colonies.

I ended up having a fantastic time and couldn't believe the work when he was finished. Just above my new Celtic tree of life is now a forever symbol of Matthew. It warms me instantly and even Matthew looks like he's glowing.

Matthew decided to take the long way back to the Valley. The four of us in his car, enjoying ourselves as we blast music. Tyler and I singing at the top of our lungs while Sage tries to cover her ears and Matthew smiles gently.

"I would walk 500 miles," Tyler and I sing collectively. Screaming into the air like there's no tomorrow.

I can't help but run my finger over my new tattoo. It's just under my sleeve but I can feel the plastic that's been taped against my skin. I glance at Matthew, his one sleeve rolled up where I can see the bandaging.

Matthew catches me staring through the corner of his eye. He smirks, grabbing my hand and pressing a kiss to my palm. He holds onto my hand the ride back. Until I finally convince him to start singing with us.

"Da da da," I sing.

"Da da da," he counters making me laugh.

"Da da da dun diddle un diddle un diddle uh da da," Tyler sings from the back and suddenly we're all laughing hysterically.

These mundane things are what makes me feel better. It makes me forget about all the troubles we're encountering. Of all the doubt and uncertainty Matthew and I face. It helps me forget he can't mark me, and it helps me remember how okay it is to be normal. To have friends and love and people around me who care.

A part of me wonders if this is what it's like to have a family around. Even though I never knew my parents and probably won't ever know them, I can imagine a life where Matthew and I have pups. How we'll take them up to Canada to visit their grandparents. And we'll road trip, play music through the stereo or on Matthew's guitar. How I'll read them my favorite books growing up.

I stare at Matthew, his demeanor much more relaxed to when I first met him. He smiles so much more, he's happy almost every waking minute of every day. I hear him laugh with students whenever he holds office hours. Pack members stop by more often to causally talk with us over a cup of coffee or tea. I can see that his bond with our pack grows every day just like mine does.

"I can't believe you convinced me to get another tattoo," Sage says looking down at the ink she got on her ankle. It's a small little Celtic triskelion that suits her well. It's much less threatening than the wolf tattoo on the side of her head.

Matthew turns slightly to look behind his shoulder for a split second, "Do you regret it?"

"Not at all." Sage grins, "Just excited for more."

Matthew chuckles just as we pull into the castle. We all frown slightly as we watch Clara pace the front door back and forth. Her arms crossed and she's biting her thumb. As soon as she see's us pull in she runs up to the car. Matthew quickly stops it, his guard entirely up. But the first person to step out is Sage. She doesn't even wait for the car to come to a complete stop.

"Clara," Sage's voice worried as she runs up to my friend. Clara's eyes are brimming with tears. "Clara, what's wrong?"

Clara is gasping for air, a panic attack instigating and catching me completely off guard. I've never seen her like this. So much fear behind her eyes. Sage hugs her tightly, looking back at us as Clara continues to hyperventilate.

I turn to Matthew, but his mind is elsewhere. He's already mind linking who I can only assume is River. His eyes turning to me as soon as he's done sending his message.

He steps towards Clara, grabbing her hand as it shakes uncontrollably. "Clara you're safe here," He tells her gently but I know he's trying to control himself.

Sage keeps her arms around Clara, trying to steady her. Clara finally looks up from the ground and I see her fear-stricken eyes. I don't know what's been happening in Sparta, but this isn't the friend I left behind. Whatever they've done her while I've been here has completely broken her.

Clara stares at Matthew, her eyes pooling with tears. "I've been looking for you all."

"We're here, Clara." I finally find my voice. Tyler keeps a protective stance in front of me. Trying to figure out the situation.

"He knows." Clara doesn't shift her eyes from Matthew, her bottom lip quivering. "Bren knows. He's on the way."

Matthew's entire body stiffens. His back straightening, nostrils flaring, and eyes hardening. His aura quickly shifts, and I can tell he's trying to control his wolf. I watch as he clenches his jaw, "How long Clara?"

Her voice is barely above a whisper, "A few hours. If that."

My entire world feels like it's crumbling. Now I'm the one that is breathing heavily. I'm basically reciprocating Clara's panic attack. Trying to keep myself calm but even my wolf is whining in my head. Fear grappling my heart and voice. I want to stay here in the Valley. I need to stay here with Matthew.

Bren is going to be here in a few hours. If Bren knows, does that mean I'll be forced to leave? Will I be able to convince him to give me up? I can't go back to Sparta. I'd rather die.

The panic keeps setting in and I feel Tyler put his arm over my shoulder and pull me into his side. He's trying to comfort me. Saying words that aren't being registered in my brain.

Matthew's entire demeanor has changed—I've never seen him like this. The look on his face cold and still. A gaze so harsh it could slice through anything. He looks ready for war. His eyes turn to me for a second, softening slightly. My panic attack clearly worrying him. He's not even bothered by Tyler's affection—he just reaches over for me. He pulls me into his chest, squeezing me tightly.

"Sage. Tyler." Matthew's voice commanding. I realize quickly he's no longer Matthew. His Alpha alter-ego is suddenly in control. "River is on his way, do as he says, and stick to the plan. This entire pack is to be on full alert. Our Luna is being threatened."

***

A/N: Not to jump the gun or anything, buuuuut I've lowkey started thinking of writing another story after this one :))) wondering if that's something you guys would be interested in

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835K 25.8K 34
Rosaline Cathwood is a nobody. A loser. A nothing to anyone or anything in anyway, shape or form. Her story starts with her parents and sister beatin...
25.8K 295 5
Mature Scenes from "Chasing Her" Please follow if you are going to read these.
770K 24.9K 43
Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took me under his wing and for a while, I was...
8.2M 248K 46
Charlotte has kept her wolf a secret her entire life. She knows she is the first born heir to an Alpha, but her mother refuses to tell her who her fa...