Rainbows And Sunshine - NOT{U...

By J_enny_xoxo

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" she asks with disgust. "Don't tell me you actually like what you... More

Chapter 1- Excitement And Embarrassment
Chapter 2 - New Friends And Weekend Plans
Chapter 3 - Crushes And Chores
Chapter 4 - Encounters And New Students
UPDATE!!
Chapter 5 - Bad Ideas And Marathons
Chapter 6 - Rejections And New Beginnings
Chapter 7 - Intrigue And Insecurities
Chapter 8 - Bullies And Mantras
Chapter 9 - Wise words And Interviews
Chapter 10 - Accidents And Bump-In's
Chapter 11 - Boredom And Cartoons
Chapter 12 - Arguments And Skipping
Chapter 13 - Chocolates And Bad Voices
Chapter 14 - Reminiscing And Drifting
Chapter 15 - Tests And Standing Up For Ourselves
Chapter 16 - Overthinking And Tears.
Chapter 17 - Rekindling Old Friendships
Chapter 18 - Stress And Putting People In Their Places
Chapter 19 - Debates And Swooning
Chapter 21 - Parties And Ball Dancing
Chapter 22 - Avoiding And Hangouts.
Chapter 23 - Answers And Confrontations.
Chapter 24 - Lunch Dates And Awkwardness
Chapter 25 - Long talks And Holding Back
Chapter 26 - Step by step
Chapter 27 - Bribes And Set up's
Chapter 28 - Desserts And Charity Cases
Chapter 29 - Meetings And Dummies
Chapter 30 - Speaking Up And Trying To Help
Chapter 31 - Self love And Promises.
Chapter 32 - Lunch And Secret Codes
Chapter 33 - Reconciliations And Friendship
Chapter 34 - Ice Cream And Horror Movies.
Chapter 35 - Peer Pressure And Pain
Chapter 36 - 'Winning' And Interrogations.
Chapter 37 - Scratches And Getting Caught.

Chapter 20 - Shopping Sprees And Hugs

6 3 4
By J_enny_xoxo

Okay o. My people, up there is Michael 😊🔥. I hope I did justice to his character.
This chapter is dedicated to__toyosi. She has been an absolute doll this past week😭❤️. Make sure to check out her book, TRAPPED. It's a bomb🔥
Back to the business of the day....
.
.
.
.
Exams are finally over and I feel relief. The term is coming to an end. The preparations for the ball are in full swing. I don't really want to be in the shoes of the social prefect's right now but I tried volunteering as much as I couldto make their work load lighter. It's currently Saturday and I and Jasmine are up in my room doing absolutely nothing but staring at our phone screens.

"So, what are you wearing to the ball?" Jasmine asks. I glance up at her and turn my attention back to my phone. I had told her about David asking me to the party.

"I don't know. I haven't gone shopping yet" I reply shrugging.

"What are you waiting for?"

"I haven't had the time"

"You are so slow. I've gone to two shops already but I haven't found the dress" she says. I can't even pretend to be surprised. That's Jasmine. She never misses an opportunity to go shopping.

"I'll go later"

"You know what? We're all going together to the mall on Monday and I'm not taking no for an answer" she says wagging her index finger at me.

"Yes ma'am"

♥ ♥ ♥

"What about this one?" She asks raising up a sequined body con gown.

"Too flashy" I say dismissing it with a flick of my hand.

"Okayy. What about this?"

"Way too short"

Jasmine groans. "Kemi, at this rate you'll be wearing jeans to the party" she says with an eye roll.

"I'll gladly take that option" I say with a smile.

We're all at the mall and when I say 'we' I mean, Jasmine, Sophia, Chichi and little ol' me. We've been searching and searching but we've not found the perfect dress for any of us.

"I think I'll join you on that" Chichi says looking at a pink princess dress with disgust. I just laugh. I'll like to see Jasmine get her into a dress. I and Soph are on a sofa in the store while Jasmine is pulling out anything and everything to see what we'll like from the never ending supply of dresses and Chichi is well.... condemning every dress in her sight.

"You know what? I give up. I refuse to be put in constraining dresses" she says with a huff landing in between Sophia and I.

"What about a jumpsuit?" A shop attendant asks. At that, she perks up.

"Red?"

"I've got you covered" she literally leaps out of the chair and follows the attendant. Jasmine just mutters something like one down, two to go. Sophia isn't even interested in the slightest. She's so engrossed in her phone. Well, not for long because Jasmine grabs it out of her little hands.

"Hey!!"

"This is supposed to be fun" she says shoving the phone in her back pocket. "Which color do you even want to wear?"

"Well... Isaac said blue" she answers with a blush. I can't help squeezing her cheeks. She looked so cute. She glares at me over her glasses and I just laugh at her lame attempt.

"Have you even looked around?"

"Uhh....you see...no" she says and Jasmine dragw her deep into the store. I stand up too to look around. I want to wear white but the whites I had seen online were looking like wedding gowns which is a no no, so, David suggested we wear black. I love black and I know we'll look amazing in it.

I walk around and find a black ball gown with beautiful intricate embroidery at the top with a sweet heart neckline. It's beautiful.

(The gown😍)

I run my fingers on the lace at the bottom and keep walking. It was beautiful but it looked a bit too big for the occasion to me. Looking at even bigger gowns on the way until I come across one that grabs my attention. It isn't too big. It's backless with a halter neck and a plunging neckline. The neckline makes me skeptical but it's worth a shot.

I call over an attendant and she picks the gown and leads me to a changing room to put it on.

It looks amazing on my body. I take a pic and send it to my mom to ask her opinion.

(Our baby in black😭🖤🖤🖤)

She's surprisingly in love with the dress.
"Kemi, are you in there?" I hear Jasmine yell from the other side of the door. This is too much.

I don't reply. I just step out. "Baby girl you look amazing" she says gushing while I mutter a 'thanks'. I look over what she was wearing and she looks good too. She's wearing a lilac dress that hugged all her curves.

"You and Temi are wearing purple?" I asks cocking my head to the side. I can't picture Temi in the color she's wearing.

"Wellll, not exactly. He's going to be wearing black but he'll have a touch of whatever colour I'll be wearing. Which is this" she says gesturing to the dress. I just nod.

"You look beautiful. Temi doesn't know what's coming" I say with a smile. She just tosses her hair to the side and says 'I know' and we burst into laughter.

(Jasmine looking hot🥵💜)

"You guys look good enough to eat" Chichi exclaims coming towards us.

"We could say the same about you. The jumpsuit looks perfect on you" Jasmine says.

"Better than being cooked up in a dress" she says and fake gags.

(Chichi🥵🔥)

"Make way for the queen" it's the last musketeer. "Una no get respect" she says with a hiss when she finally gets to where we are. She looks like a blue angel. Queen indeed.

(Sophia's fit💙)

We all stand in front of a large full length mirror to admire ourselves. Princesses out of fairy tales. But I'm still a queen sha.

"These are the ones" I say with a sigh. "Now can we go? We've been here for more than four hours"

"One more minute" Jasmine says twisting and turning to see different angles of the dress.

"Kemi" Sophia whisper yells calling me over towards the changing rooms. "Are you sure you're okay with the dress? I saw you glancing down at it nervously" Really?

"It's fine really"

"Is it the v?" She asks gesturing to my chest.

"I don't know what's wrong with me" I say with a sigh. "It's beautiful. Absolutely stunning but....." I trail of nibbling my lower lip.

"You don't like exposing too much skin" she says finishing it for me. "I get it totally. You can choose another one. We'll wait. Or you could ask them if they could clip together a little part of it if you're not comfortable. I understand that right now you don't feel like exposing yourself but Kemi you have an amazing body that you should be comfortable in. To hell with whatever anybody else thinks" she says and I can feel my eyes welling up with tears but I will myself not to cry.

"Should I follow you to talk to the management? " She asks and I nod. "Go change back and we'll go". Before she can leave, I turn her over and hug her as tight as I can. She's literally the best. Ever.

"Thank you. Thank you so much"

"If you keep thanking me, you're going to make me think I'm doing you a favour" she says with a laugh and pats my back soothingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We talk to the manager and they agree to clip the tip of the v and though I feet a bit weird, it makes me more comfortable. Weird because, I feel I was making a big deal out of this but this is about me and no one else. We pick out shoes and jewelry and pay. Finally, we're out of the store. The dresses are to be picked up later.

We stop for lunch at a restaurant and after that, we're on our way back home with Jasmine's driver dropping each of us off.

When I come back, I collapsed on the bed. Who knew shopping was so exhausting? Oh wait, I did.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And done😌✨. It's sort of short no vex. So, unfortunately, Kemi's insecurities are still lurking in the shadows😔 but we're getting there.

How was this chapter?
Let me know your thoughts. I love hearing from you guys. This past week has been filled with a lot of stress and doubts so, it's nice to finally have the mind to update.
Our babies serving us looks 🥵. I'm excited to see the guys reactions 😏.

Anyways, click on the star icon lovelies★
There just might be another update this week😗. I've said too much 😶. But yeah it might happen. Keyword:'might'
See ya when I see ya😊❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 1.3K 12
FEATURED in @AmbassadorsNG reading list Kamharida heard the unfortunate news and smirked but when she realizes she's the only one who could see the b...
109K 18.5K 54
CopyrightΒ© 2020. All rights reserved. Completed! ~β€’BOOK 2 IN THE ROYAL SERIESβ€’~ Perhaps it was the fact that despite the inner turmoil she has, some...
34.6K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
45.9K 8.5K 33
A Nigerian girl living in another country finds out that there's more to her than just thick thighs, a large bum and a fat drum of insecurities. She...