Fire & Flame | Klaus Mikaelson

By ShanayaSalvatore

'he set fire to the world around him, but never let a flame touch her' [BOOK ONE OF LILY FORBES] [THE VAMPIRE... More

fire & flame
act one
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
act two
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
act three
one

four

5K 202 60
By ShanayaSalvatore

04. Memory Lane

"What is happening to me?!".

"Father, it hurts!".

"Brother, please don't let them do this to me!".

Lily gasped and sat up in her bed, feeling very disorientated because of her dream, before it was just a voice telling her that they're going to meet soon, and now she was hearing the same voice, but this time whoever this person was, they were in pain, Lily could tell that something really bad had happened to him, but what Lily had no idea.

Lily laid her head back on her pillow, she stared up at her ceiling and wondering who this person was and what was his story, but most importantly why is she all of a sudden dreaming about him, more specifically his voice, it won't stop haunting Lily's dream and she wondered how long she can listen to this voice before it starts driving her crazy.

***

"Why do you hate me so much?" Lily asked her sister, as they entered the Gilbert's living room together.

"I don't hate you, I just don't want you to spend the rest of your life trapped in your bedroom" Caroline replied.

"Why not?" Lily asked.

"Because that's not healthy" Caroline replied.

"And who decided that?" Lily asked.

"Me" Caroline replied, "I decided that, you are not leaving my eye sight Lily, end of discussion".

Lily looked at her sister in confusion, "Is everything okay, Care?".

Caroline looked at her sister, she wanted to tell her about Katherine threatening her life, but she didn't want her sister to worry, "Everything is fine, I just--I just got you back, okay" Caroline said, "I'm scared if I let you out of my sight, then you will somehow disappear again".

Lily sighed, "Care, I'm not going anywhere, I promise".

"I believe you" Caroline assured, "But till it fully sinks in that you're back, just stay with me, okay? Don't leave my sight".

"Will that make you feel better?" Lily asked.

"Yes" Caroline replied.

"Fine, then I'm going to be your shadow till you don't need me to be it anymore" Lily assured.

"There's a difference between need and want Lily" Caroline said, "I'm always going to need you to be by me as my shadow, but I know that's not possible, you are not made to be anyone's shadow, but right now, I want you to be my shadow till the fact that you are here and alive sinks in".

Lily gave her sister a small smile, "Sure" she said, "Whatever you need to make you feel better".

"Thank you" Caroline said, giving her sister an appreciative smile.

"Anytime" Lily said, just as Jenna entered the living room.

"Caroline! Lily!" Jenna greeted, hugging Caroline then hugging Lily, "I'm so glad you two came".

"Good to see you as well, Jenna" Lily said, lightly patting Jenna's back, while her sister stood to the side trying not to laugh, knowing all to well how much Lily hated hugging people she wasn't close to.

"Look at you Lily, you've grown into such a beautiful woman" Jenna praised.

Lily gave Jenna an awkward smile, "Thanks, I guess".

"Hey Jenna, where's Elena?" Caroline asked, finally coming to Lily's save.

"Oh, she's out back" Jenna informed.

Caroline nodded, she then grabbed Lily's hand and took her with her.

"Couldn't you have saved me sooner" Lily whispered to Caroline.

"Nope" Caroline whispered back.

"Bitch" Lily whispered.

"Cow" Caroline retorted.

Lily stuck her tongue out at her sister and as they were passing the kitchen to go to the backyard, she grabbed a bowl of chips, ignoring the looks Damon Salvatore was giving her.

"Call me when you can" the two sisters heard Elena say into the phone, as they stepped out in the back.

"Was that Stefan?" Caroline asked curiously, as the two sisters sat on the chairs outside, both munching on the chips Lily had gotten from inside.

"He hasn't called me back, I'm trying to decide if I should be worried" Elena replied.

"Clingy much" Lily whispered, putting a chip in her mouth.

Luckily, Elena didn't hear Lily, but Caroline had who elbowed her sister in the stomach, making Lily give her a glare in return.

Caroline ignore her sister's glare and turned to Elena, "I'm sure he's fine" she assured while eating chips, "God, I cannot stop eating, Stefan says it a great way to sublimate the cravings, you know, it's horrible, just fighting the urge for blood every minute of every day".

Elena gave Caroline a sympathetic look, "I know that Stefan really hates that part of himself" she said.

"Well, yeah, I mean, he hates that you're a constant temptation" Caroline said.

"He said that?" a slightly shocked Elena asked.

"Mm-hm" Caroline replied, as her and Lily shoved more chips into her mouth, "The desire to rip out your jugular every time he's with you? Trust me, it's there, and it's why I had to break up with Matt".

"Why do you look so shocked by this?" a confused Lily asked Elena, "I mean, he's a vampire, surely you know what being around human blood does to them".

"You know Lily, you never told me how you know about Stefan and Damon" Elena said, wanting to change the topic.

Lily gave Elena a mock smile. "Ever heard of minding your own business, Elena?" she asked.

"Lily" Caroline warned.

"You have no idea what you're getting yourself into Lily, it's best to stay away from all this" Elena warned.

Lily scoffed, "Oh please, I can handle myself, shouldn't you be the one who should stay away from all this, I mean you're the human, not me".

Elena glared at Lily, before she could defend herself, Alaric came outside, "Hey, the food's ready, come get it" he said.

"Finally, I'm starving" Caroline said, quickly getting up and dragging her sister with her.

"You have got to stop treating me like a rag doll" Lily snapped.

"And you have got to stop fighting everybody you see" Caroline snapped.

"Oh please, that wasn't a fight" Lily said, "I was fighting Elena, if I was then her face would have been clawed off".

Caroline shook her head at Lily's words, "I think you need a therapist".

"No, what I need is food" Lily said, running over to the food table.

Caroline chuckled but nonetheless ran after her sister, not trusting her to start arguing with someone else.

***

After eating their food, Caroline, Lily, Alaric, Damon, Jenna and Mason, sat in the Gilbert's living room, playing pictionary.

"Dress, ballerina!" Jenna called, trying to guess Damon's drawing.

"Puppy, puppy, puppy with a tutu!" Caroline yelled, making her sister give her a weird look.

"No, no" Damon said, continuing his drawing.

"Okay, dog, hound, hound dog" Jenna guessed, "You ain't nothing but a hound dog".

"Dances with wolves" Mason guessed, making everyone look at him.

"Mason wins again" Damon announced.

"How is that a wolf?" Jenna complained.

Lily and Mason looked at each other, all night Damon has been referencing to werewolves, it was obvious he was trying to get a reaction out of them, and Lily feared if he continued he would get a reaction out of her, one that will be extremely painful for him.

***

While Damon, Alaric, Mason and Jenna sat in the kitchen, eating the peach cobbler Damon brought, Lily, Elena and Caroline were in the living room, packing up the stuff from pictionary.

Suddenly Elena turned to Caroline, "Would I be the worst friend in the world if I abandoned you and went to Stefan's?" she asked.

"Yes" Lily replied simply, while Caroline suddenly looked really panicked.

"You wanna leave?" Caroline asked.

"It's just that he hasn't gotten back to me" Elena defended, "I'm starting to get this bad feeling".

"I don't think that's a good idea" Caroline said.

"I agree" Lily said, "Even if Stefan was in trouble, what are you going to do?".

"Help him" Elena snapped.

"How?" Lily challenged, "By yelling, Stefan! Truth is Elena, you're human, you can't help a vampire, if anything you're going to make things worse".

"And take it from me, there is nothing worse than a clingy girlfriend" Caroline added, Lily nodded her head in agreement.

"I'm not being clingy, I'm just concerned" Elena defended, "Caroline, you understand, right?".

"God, it's like she doesn't listen to anyone but herself" Lily whispered.

"Um, how about I drive you?" Caroline suggested to Elena.

"Yeah, okay, that would be great, thanks" Elena said, walking away to grab her bag.

"Okay, I know I said I won't leave your sight, but I'm sorry I am not sitting in a car with her" Lily stated.

"Lils--".

"Nope" Lily interrupted, putting her hands over her ears, "I love you Care, but I hate her, so it's not happening".

Before Caroline could stop her, Lily had walked over to Mason, Caroline looked at her sister for a second, debating if she should force her to come or not but then realised if Katherine was with Stefan, it was best to keep Lily far away so she quietly left with Elena, not realising that leaving Lily alone with Damon wasn't going to end well.

***

After her sister and Elena left to go check up on Stefan, Lily walked into the Gilbert's kitchen, wanting some cobbler, while she was happily eating the peach cobbler, Damon entered the kitchen, immediately making Lily want to hurl something at him, knowing there was no way in hell she was going to be able to eat in peace now, and boy was she right.

"So" Damon said, leaning against the counter and looking at the Forbes girl.

"So?" Lily asked, eating her cobbler and hoping Damon would eventually leave.

"So, who was it?" Damon asked curiously.

Lily looked at Damon in confusion, "What are you on about?".

"See, yesterday I went on a little road trip all the way to Duke, where I found out some really interesting things about your kind" Damon said.

"Really" Lily said sarcastically.

"Really" Damon repeated, "Such as, that to become a werewolf you have to trigger your curse", immediately Lily's hold on her fork tighten, something not missed by a smug Damon, "By killing someone, isn't that why you left town? Because you murdered someone".

"I didn't murder anyone" Lily snapped, glaring at the oldest Salvatore.

"Yes you did, you murdered someone in cold blood Lily" Damon taunted, "That's how you triggered your curse and became a werewolf".

Lily glared at Damon and before he could realise, she stood up from her chair and grabbed the knife that was near her, she then held Damon by his neck and slammed him against the counter and stabbed him with the knife.

"Your biggest mistake Damon, is thinking you are better then me", Lily twisted the knife in Damon's stomach, making him yell in pain, "You are nothing to me, your words mean nothing to me, stop crossing my path, stop interfering in my life, because if you know about my curse, then you know what my one bite will do to you, so don't tempt because I will end you, consequences be damned".

After giving Damon one last slam, Lily let go of him and let him fall to the floor, she then turned around and walked out of the Gilbert house, afraid if she stayed any longer then she would end up ripping Damon's heart out.

***

Presenting 2x04 of The Vampire Diaries . . .

How was the chapter?

Thoughts on Lily's dream?

Thoughts on Katherine threatening Caroline with Lily's life?

Thoughts on Damon and Lily's confrontation?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

591K 22.9K 51
𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 | ❝Tell the wolves I'm home.❞ Rhea Lockwood never really believed in the supernatural. She was often seen as a r...
36.8K 1.2K 12
~•~: - watching the show tvd/to x the haunting of hill house •yeah she's crazy but her craz...
249K 10.5K 36
Where a bored fairy leaves her homeland to travel around the human world. To learn new things and have adventures. Which she will and much more... Va...
28.5K 1K 21
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗅𝗒 𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄...