Two Rejects

By zero_gravity500

"Oh Mia," Alpha Matthew's low, slow voice practically purred. "I'm going to take so much pleasure in ruining... More

Author's Note
Fan Covers
Chapter 1 - Welcome to Sparta
Chapter 2 - The Glaze
Chapter 3 - Rejected by my mate
Chapter 4 - Going Rogue
Chapter 5 - Some Nice Strangers
Chapter 6 - Trusting the Enemy
Chapter 7 - Alpha Matthew
Chapter 8 - Becoming a Scholar
Chapter 9 - Professor Alpha
Chapter 10 - Alpha's Office Hours
Chapter 11 - Muscle Memory
Chapter 12 - Beer Me
Chapter 13 - Werewolf Hangovers
Chapter 14 - Old Town
Chapter 15 - Electrifying
Chapter 16 - Fashion Show
Chapter 17 - Electric Candles
Chapter 18 - Hosts of the Castle
Chapter 19 - Ruining You
Chapter 20 - Absolutely Insulting
Chapter 21 - Contingencies
Chapter 22 - Fight
Chapter 23 - Glorified Babysitter
Chapter 24 - Old Friends
Chapter 25 - The Initiation
Chapter 26 - Oh-So-In-Love
Chapter 27 - Barbie B*tch
Chapter 28 - A Chance
Chapter 29 - Two Separate Entities
Chapter 30 - Going Rogue II
Chapter 32 - Glowing
Chapter 33 - Alpha Alter-Ego
Chapter 34 - Formalities
Chapter 35 - Two Unlikely Lovers
Chapter 36 - Haunting War Cry
Chapter 37 - The King
Chapter 38 - Chess Game
Chapter 39--The Foretell Part 1
Chapter 40 -- The Foretell Part 2
Chapter 41 - A Second Chance
Chapter 42 - Brotherhood
Chapter 43 - The Ceremony
Chapter 44 - Epilogue
Author's Note - Prequel and Sequel(s)
Author's Note - Rebelling the Alpha King
Bonus Chapter - Graduation & Mia Meet's Matthew's Parents

Chapter 31 - Bearing a Mark

18.5K 665 95
By zero_gravity500

*A/N: A bit of smut below enjoy you dirty peeps ;) *

Tyler was thrilled that the first hour or so of our journey it was raining. It washed away our scents and he couldn't be happier. There were times on the way back that I would start panicking and Tyler would have to comfort me. Overall, it took the entire day to return to the Valley.

Tyler had been running non-stop the night before trying to find me. The first quarter of the trip, we had to walk. His legs couldn't bare to run, he'd just collapse. We ended up taking a break by the river—despite my efforts to get him to take a nap—he refused. He kept telling me he wanted me on pack territory as soon as possible.

After some water and a fish he managed to snag from the river for the both of us, we were running again. Neither one of us was sprinting. Tyler made sure to be very careful and stick his nose in the air frequently to avoid any unwanted interactions.

As we approach the Valley, I start to feel anxious. I don't know what I'm walking into—Matthew might be furious with me. Lila might still be in the castle. Maybe Sage is even furious—I never want her to look at me the way she looked at Lila. And what about Tyler? I smell like him. I don't want him to get hurt.

I just linked River, Tyler tells me. We're still too far away for me to be able to reach but one of his new warrior benefit is constant connection to River. They're meeting us at the pack border.

Tyler, I say looking at him from the side. He glances at me, his eyes tired. Thank you.

I can't really tell in wolf form—but I think he smiles. Anything for you, Holms.

We run the final stint back. Our bodies tired and working on autopilot. By the time the Valley comes into view, it's already dark. I guess Tyler informed River from where we were coming from because as soon as we reached the edge of the forest, I can see a group of people assembled. Sage and Clara are talking to one another. River and a few warriors just behind. But my eyes are elsewhere—on Matthew.

Matthew is standing in front of his car, his eyes training themselves on me as soon as he sees me. My heart skips a beat and I have to control my wolf. She wants to bolt again. Afraid to hear what he has to say. But then we see his face.

He looks tired and afraid. His eyes somewhat sullen and his gaze staring at me intently. The closer we get, the more I feel his aura. It's not angry at all—just nervous. A whine escapes my lips when I realize the damage that I've caused. He doesn't look like he's slept, ate, or functioned properly since yesterday.

I suddenly feel so unbelievably guilty. My wolf retreating in my mind and letting me control my body. Clara runs up to me, holding a blanket I know belongs to Matthew. She nods at Tyler before setting the blanket around my shoulders. I shift quickly, pulling it close to my body.

Clara hugs me tightly, "We were so worried Mia."

I can't help but hug her tightly. My eyes looking up from the ground to meet Matthew's gaze. The green intensity I'm used to has softened. As soon as Clara pulls away, she takes a step to the side.

Matthew looks almost afraid that I'll run again. I choke back the sob I feel forming—my throat closing slightly. Without hesitation, I run to him, jumping into his arms as my own instantly latch around his neck while his hold onto my waist. "I'm so sorry," I cry quietly against his ear.

He let's out a breath he was holding, squeezing me so tightly I feel my feet come off the ground. His face buries into my neck, inhaling softly and I can't help but do the same. Amberwood and coffee and books. It makes my insides turn into goo and my body hum in warmth. The last twenty-four hours feeling like a blur.

Matthew shifts his face slightly, not wanting to pull away as he presses his lips against mine. One of his hands moving from my waist to the back of my neck to hold me close. His kiss so desperate and wanting. Slow and passionate. It makes me melt and feel even worse for ever doubting him.

I've stopped breathing, letting his tongue relish against mine. His lips so soft and inviting. For a long time, he doesn't pull away—making sure to drown every feeling into his lips. He presses his forehead pressed to mine, telling me softly, "Don't ever leave me again, Mia."

I shake my head, tears rimming my eyes. Goddess I'm so stupid. The look in his eyes tells me everything I need to know, and I shouldn't have let Lila get in my head like that. She brought out a side of me I didn't even know existed. A side of my wolf that I didn't know could be possible.

I let Matthew hold me, his grip tight it almost hurts. Tyler walks by us—wearing a pair of basketball shorts someone must have handled to him. He's shivering slightly from the cold, and I feel guilty. Tyler looks even more tired than Matthew. His body so exhausted he can't even walk properly—almost like his legs might fall off.

"Tyler," Matthew's voice low as his eyes fall on my friend. Tyler freezes, his Adam's apple bobbing as he gulps down. He looks at me briefly—probably afraid of what Matthew might say. He'll probably get scolded at for not bringing me in sooner. Or the fact that I do slightly smell like him despite being rained on.

Matthew's gaze softens, he reaches over placing his hand on Tyler's shoulder, "Thank you."

Matthew's reaction has me reeling. He's always been so hostile towards my friend, it's the first time I've seen kindness towards Tyler. Tyler's entire body relaxes as he smiles softly, "Anything for our Luna, Alpha."

Tyler walks away, River asking him for a quick debrief after handing him a sweatshirt. I do hope he'll get to go to rest soon. I know how much stamina Tyler has—for him to be this exhausted means he really strained himself.

Sage walks up to Matthew and me but Matthew doesn't even budge his grip on my body. She smiles at me lightly, raising an eyebrow. "If you ever evade me again, I'll set up a patrol to keep an eye on you."

I smile at her politely but let myself fall victim to Matthew's warmth. His chest is purring softly, and I can feel his heart beating. It's so peaceful and makes me feel right at home. "I'm going to talk to her," Matthew let's Sage know. Sage seems to understand, nodding and taking Clara's arm.

"Come on Clara," Sage redirects her. "We should leave them."

Matthew doesn't hesitate to pick me up bridal style. He carries me to the passenger side of his G-wagon. Setting me into the seat comfortably and even buckling my seat belt. He kisses my lips again—quickly but just as soft.

Once he's in the driver's seat, I expect him to turn on the car, but he just sits. His hands gripping the steering wheel and eyes planted ahead. His mouth opens and closes like he's trying to figure out what to say. It's the first time I've ever seen him speechless, and it makes the pit of my stomach nervous.

Do you think he's angry with us? I ask my wolf. She doesn't reply. She's completely retreated in my brain fully aware that her panic caused all this. I feel somewhat bad for her because I know it's her instincts to be so easily overwhelmed. I wish I could have controlled her better.

Matthew finally sighs, turning his intense gaze on me. His words slow and purposeful. "I always thought that Romeo and Juliet were dramatic. But Mia...if I lost you...even a vial of poison wouldn't suffice."

My voice is caught in my throat. Matthew reaches for my hand, bringing it to his lips. His eyes hauntingly sad, "Why did you leave, gorgeous?"

I bite on my lip, trying not to sound foolish. I don't want to get upset anymore. I want to be able to control my wolf and not let her emotions get to me. "I overheard you tell Lila you would give her a chance," I tell him quietly. His eyes bearing into mine.

My heartrate quickens. I think Matthew can sense it because he kisses my hand again, shaking his head. "A chance to leave," He tells me. "I banished her from the pack. My wolf made it very clear she's not to return."

I sink my face into my hands—so much relief sweeping through me it's incredible. I feel like I can finally breathe again. Like I've been stuck in smog for the last day or so and I'm gasping at fresh air.

"I thought...you were going to reject me." I tell him honestly. I can't help the sad smile as I meet his gaze. "I lost all my control."

Matthew's eyes widen slightly like the very thought of him rejecting me hurts him. He reaches over to cup my face between his hands, pressing a simple kiss to my lips. "I would never reject you, Mia." He says lowly. "I love you. I'm sorry you lost your control. I did too...but I just need you to know that I don't give a flying fuck about who the Moon Goddess says my mate is. As far as I'm concerned, you're my mate."

My breath hitches and a new wave of emotion courses through me—vindication. I feel so stupid but also much more in control. Maybe I just needed Matthew to finally reassure me with words. He's always so playful and loving but even when Bren requested me to go back to Sparta, I told Matthew I would never leave. I never got that reassurance from him until now.

I can't help but smile, "That's not very zealous."

My comment seems to soften the mood, Matthew letting out a little breath of a laugh. His eyes are so green and so intense. They make me fall so much more in love with him. I could stare at them forever.

"I genuinely believe that the Moon Goddess gave us our mates for a reason." Matthew tells me slowly, "Lila and Bren were never going to accept us. And realistically, I don't find that either of us could accept them. We get to the be the two rejects who fall in love. You're mine, gorgeous. But I'm also so unequivocally, undoubtably, and undeniably, yours."

My wolf is howling in the back of my head. I undo the seatbelt that Matthew clipped and practically jump into his arms. Dragging the blanket with me as I press my lips against his. Matthew growls softly, pulling my body out of the seat until I'm sitting on him. I straddle him as best as I can. My fingers pushing through his hair while I kiss him.

I just need him to know that I'll never leave again. I need him to feel how much I love him with the way I kiss his lips. Slowly and with as much passion as I can muster.

"I don't ever want to be without you, Matthew." I say against his lips.

"And I don't ever want you to doubt how much I love you, gorgeous." He smiles softly, pushing my hair back behind my bare shoulders. His eyes never leaving mine as my heart rate picks up. I watch—intrigued—as he bares the side of his neck entirely. "Mark me."

I stare at him—completely blown away. Males don't bare the mark. At least...not traditionally. It's like how humans propose. Males tend to be the one's who traditionally propose in heterosexual relationships. Occasionally a female does. But in the werewolf community, it's unheard of for an Alpha to bare the mark of his mate.

His words rock me to my core. My wolf thrilled yet caught off guard. It's tradition—custom—that females bear the mark to showcase that they're mated. Like an unspoken rule within our community. I've never seen a male werewolf with a mark on his neck before—only when they're a same-sex couple.

His words are so heavy to me. They blow me away for a second. Realizing what it would mean for him to be the only Alpha bearing the Mark. People will undoubtedly stare, or they might not understand. It's almost taboo but to me—it means wonders.

"Matthew," I tell him. "You don't have to."

"Have to?" He smirks, eyes watching me closely. His devilish smile returning behind his mischievous gaze. "Oh gorgeous, I want to. I want everyone on this planet to know that my heart belongs to Mia Holms."

I bite my lip and feel like I'm glowing. My reaction seems to radiate within Matthew as well. He holds onto my waist, watching me gleefully as I kiss his face. I take my time to kiss down his neck. There's a soft spot, just where his neck and shoulder meet, where I start kissing him. Sucking on his skin to leave a love bite. Matthew moans softly and I can feel how turned on he's getting. His hands gripping me tighter.

He wants us to mark him, I tell my wolf in disbelief.

Do it Mia. He's ours. She purrs.

I run my hands under Matthew's t-shirt, feeling how his body vibrates under my touch. His chest and ab muscles clenching slightly in anticipation. I don't think I've ever felt this powerful. It's exhilarating. He makes me feel so confident, so strong, so loved.

I open my mouth slightly, letting my canines out. I can feel my eyes darken at the thought of claiming him. I meet his gaze one last time and can see he's completely enamored with me. He wants me to mark him—unquestionably. 

I bite into the soft spot—he doesn't even flinch. It tastes metallic as a few drops of Matthew's blood hit my tongue. For a split second, I don't know if I've actually done anything. Until I feel my teeth and his skin get warmer—almost searing—and Matthew shudders. A deep groan escaping his lips as he throws his head back. Eyes completely shut. Hands gripping me harder. I feel his hips lightly lift below me like he's trying to grind against me.

"Fuck me. Mia."

His words make every nerve in my body feel electrified. They make me shiver with anticipation as I slowly pull my teeth out of his skin. I suck on the mark lightly and for a second I think Matthew might actually combust. He's a withering mess while I kiss his new mark, sucking on it softly, and pushing my fingers through his hair. The way he's trying to control himself is endearingly sexy.

When I pull away, his eyes snap open and all I see is black. He kisses my lips roughly, letting the blanket that had been covering my body fall from my shoulders to my waist. His hands traveling up my body, touching and longing for me.

Matthew's voice comes out in a low growl, "Get in the back, gorgeous."

I don't even hesitate. I let out a small giggle as I climb over the middle of the car. Leaving the blanket behind in the passenger seat. Matthew slaps my ass lightly causing me to gasp as I sit naked in the back seat.

He pulls his shirt off, crawling just behind me. His eyes taking their time to stare my body. So carnal and suggestive. It makes me feel so beautiful and sexy and adored. He starts kissing my lips as I run my hands down his bare chest. I can already tell we're not going to slow tonight. Matthew is desperate and as am I.

He pushes me back into the car seat as my legs ride up and rest above his waist. My head lightly hits the car ceiling causes us both to laugh softly. Matthew brings me down slightly, but my focus is entirely on him. One of his hands holds my head down to kiss him while the other is trailing up my thigh. As soon as I feel one of his fingers slide into me, I gasp, and he takes the cue to let his tongue explore my mouth.

Oh my Goddess, his finger is pumping into me harshly and it's only stimulating me more. Between his finger and the wet full-on make out session, I'm so hopeless for him. Desperate for the pleasure I know I'll experience with him. I moan into his mouth, trailing my hands to the button of his jeans and undoing them swiftly. Matthew pulls away only to take off his pants. His underwear. I stare at him, my mouth watering as I bite my lip.

Holy shit, I get to have that forever. 

"Gorgeous," Matthew is breathless. He wraps my legs around him, placing himself just at my entrance. His body already pushing my back against the car seat. "I'm going to fuck you so hard, you're going to forget about yesterday."

I don't even have a spare second to react. Matthew plunges into me, my hands reaching up to grasp his arms to hang onto something. This is what he's been holding back. He instantly goes in hard, my body suddenly shocked and partially uncomfortable. I don't have time to get used to his size because he's immediately going fast. And I'm left at his mercy while he rails into me.

He reaches for my throat, holding onto me in a choke that somehow has me reeling. He leans an arm's length to stare down at me. Hips bucking while his hand stays perfectly grasped around me. The feeling of him choking me purely erotic as his rhythm doesn't soften. I can feel my blood flow straining to and from my brain and it's somehow incredibly invigorating.

I don't know what I'm moaning or what I'm screaming but Matthew's eyes stare at me in pure ecstasy. I can feel him trying to control himself, but I don't want him to. I want him to lose all control.

I try to pull him closer, but he doesn't want me to. He wants to stare at my body and face as I jerk back and forth with him. I see his claws extend in his spare hand and he sinks them into the seat beside me to get a better grip as the car jolts with this pace.

"Matthew," I'm absolutely breathless. His hold on my throat tightening and making me more aroused. I can feel the pressure building in me. The dam wanting to burst. "Matthew!"

His grunting is so sensual, and he somehow quickens the pace. "Together, gorgeous."

I can't hold it any longer. My head rolls back over the car seat. The world looking and feeling upside down as my body let's everything go. Waves of pleasure releasing through me from my head to my toes. Matthew thrusts once, twice, and then groans. Passionately. His pace slowing down immensely as he breathes hastily. I feel so raw and swollen. Much more so than the first time we had sex. But it feels good—in its own way.

He places his forehead on the center of my chest. I wrap my arms around him, kissing the top of his head. He smiles against me, slowly looking up until his eyes meet mine. They've shifted back from black to green. I can't help but smile back, a small giggle escaping my lips.

"Make-up sex is great." I tell him. "We should fight more often."

Matthew let's out a full laugh, pulling me close, and nuzzling his face into my neck. "I'll make sure to stop making the bed. And forget doing the dishes."

We decide to lie here in the back of the car for a while. Grabbing the blanket to cover our naked bodies. Matthew yanks the rearview mirror out from its socket so he can lay beside me and admire his Mark. He stares at it blissfully—touching it with the tips of his fingers. Kissing me and letting me know he loves it.

Something about the Mark is making me buzz and ring. Like I've suddenly become in-tune with Matthew's emotions. As if his aura wasn't intimidating enough, now I can feel almost everything. He promises me that soon I'll get mine, but I'm in no rush because I know his heart belongs to me and now everyone will know too.

***

A/N: Hope you liked the chapter ^-^ Hope the title was misleading ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment!!! The more votes the faster I'll update. Trying to break over 20-30 votes if possible <3<3<3 Also, feel free to comment!! Curious to know where you think the story is going and how you're liking it. Any constructive feedback is always appreciated ;)

Also, Matthew is just the ideal man isn't he. Like damn. I love him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 272 24
"Give me two hours of your time every day until spring, and if by then you still don't agree to have sex with me... I'll grant you twenty-four hours...
75.4K 1.6K 24
Isabella Jones is the Hybrid she's a wolf, banshee and a vampire that has powers when her parents and the Alpha of her pack dies in a fire she has to...
189K 7.5K 21
He remembered the day he first saw her. She was breathtaking. He felt as if his worries were all gone. It was as if he was living in a peaceful world...
2.3M 64.9K 23
Ziara Ale, a normal teenage girl, well as normal as Ziara could get. She's short, clever, and curvy. If there is one thing to know about Ziara it's t...