𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔

By Dedun_Herself

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫... More

Hola✨
𝕊ℍ𝔸ℝ𝔻𝕊
ℙℝ𝕆𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙰𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚃𝙸𝙲𝚂 1
𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚂𝙸𝚇
Not a update
𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴
𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝙳 𝙿𝚁𝙴𝙵𝙴𝙲𝚃𝚂
𝚃𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇
ANNOUNCEMENT
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 (𝙰)
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙱)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃(𝙰)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃(𝙱)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙲)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 (𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙲)
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
ANNOUNCEMENT
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴

571 157 188
By Dedun_Herself

One thousand motherfucking reads?!😩🥺♥️ Bruhhhhhhh!😩♥️🥺 Y'all are amazing, for real. Keep making us grow, fam. Your efforts are appreciated.✨

Abi make I share Lacasera ni?😂

It's the last update of the week. Y'all remember the Collab I told you guys about? It's happening!😌

I'm so excited!!

You haven't checked TRAPPED out, Checkn't it?🌚 Oya, go and read so that you'll be able to relate with the characters in this chapter properly.

P.S- All the events in this chapter happened on the same day.🤝

Alright, shall we?🌚

_______________𖧷______________

"𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒'𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑑𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑠."

______________𖧷________________

            ~𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙸𝚁𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙰 𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙺~

Kamsiyochukwu Kyson Ozor hotshot male model in the modelling industry. The fine lad was the one gracing the scoop magazine's cover presently. I recently heard he just bagged an ambassadorial deal with Luxe scents. And what I meant by heard, I meant Instagram. That boy lived for the media!

Kam was considered the next big thing in the modelling industry. If not the biggest thing.

The fine-ass human used to be my senior back at Pensworth College. He was one of the most sought-after seniors and he used it to his advantage. He was overly bubbly and nearly hyperactive. Sincerely, his energy was beyond me at times.

I didn't even want to get started on how seductive he could be when he wants to fool around. Scratch that, Kam fooled around every damn thing. He could sleep with anything in skirt, effortlessly giving Zaddy vibes.

That was what the girls fell for. Honestly, it's how they knew he was a fuck boy for me, yet, they still followed him around like some sort of leech.

He was currently seeing one influencer, Nymeria Achufusi. I could bet my most prized possession on it that the whole ship would soon sink, break into pieces then be gobbled up by sharks. I wasn't tryna badmouth Kam, he was just like that. No, maybe he was wired that way. He couldn't stay with one girl.

Aside from all these, Kam was a really good friend who wouldn't hesitate to pull up for his friends when they needed him the most. He'd move mountains for the people he loved. I had lost count of how many times he has had Khalil's back.

Kam was so involved. Most times, I wondered how he juggled school, modelling, and throwing parties and still manages to look so goddamn fine. It wasn't an easy task. I wasn't a model but I knew how draining it could get at times, especially for the most sought-after models. They had a lot on their plates.

But then, it was Kam Ozor. He always found a way around it and that was his superpower.

"You didn't tell me your brother's this hot! Kira, what the hell?" Chizaram shrieked once we settled into the backseat of the car. 

Boy, could I have rolled my eyes harder than I did?

Khalil wanted me to be his plus one at Kamsi's party. I had to insist on bringing Chizaram because I didn't want to be alone when he was off with his friends. 

It was starting to seem like a bad idea right now. But, it was just too late to start complaining.

"You do know he can hear you, right? He's the one driving." I squinted my brows at her in utter disbelief and she snickered, waving me off. 

I took a subtle glance at the light-skinned girl dressed in a burnt orange satin dress that had lacings at the back. The material barely dropped below her mid-thigh, giving off her smooth fair legs.

The fine material was skin-tight and it hugged and accentuated her curves. She had a black leather jacket looped lazily across her shoulders. She had paired her outfit with a black YSL Bag and fur slip-on heels.

She let her curls unpacked, after treating them to extreme softness at the salon today. She pulled her bare face off and I was so sure she'd turn heads at the party. I could always hide her in my bag where Kam couldn't see her. She had a small frame so she'd fit in perfectly.

I think we can all agree that Chizaram is a badass when it comes to fashion.😌🌚✨

I didn't trust that motherfucker with my friend.

"You are really pretty. I understand why Kira won't tell me about you now though." He threw me the stink eye through the rearview mirror and I flipped him off.

"Ewww!" I gagged.

"Christ, can you two just stop?" I flashed Chizaram a tight scowl and she stuck her tongue out at me. 

Geez, why did I even ask her to come with me?!

"I'm Chizaram by the way, you can call me Zee." She had an overly annoying grin dancing on her lips as she wiggled her way forward and rested her head on the driver's seat so she could see his face properly.

Chizaram could be so adorable and also a pest at times.

"I'm Khalil." Khalil smiled softly at her and I groaned.

"Kay! She has a boyfriend. Leave my friend alone! " I snapped at the light-skinned boy grinning from ear to ear in the front seat. I sounded like a child but I didn't care.

It was so uncomfortable!

"I hate you." Chizaram mouthed softly to me. I averted my gaze from the duo who looked like they were in their world. I heaved a sigh of defeat when I saw that they weren't going to listen to me. I sank into the cold leather seat with my eyes closed.

Their chattering throughout the whole ride did nothing but annoy me further and by the time we got there, I was in a foul mood already, yay, thanks to the best friend in the world.

"Aunty, come here, see the way your wig is flying up and down," Chizaram called out to me and I exhaled before turning to her.

"What?" I threw my hands up in the air in exasperation and she chuckled, stepping closer with a comb in her hand.

She patted my black blunt-cut wig softly and arranged it back into position before shoving the comb back into her bag.

I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the human-sized mirror plastered on the wall at the entrance of the house.

Damn, I'm fine!

Kimonnnnnnnn😌✨🔥 These babes aren't kidding.

Looking at it now, the white long-sleeved dress Chizaram practically forced me to wear wasn't so bad. Okay, it's nice. The white fabric was like a second skin. It had long flat ropes that were tied in a bow in the front, dropping on my midthigh where the dress stopped.

The short bone straight weave she helped me arrange back in position earlier sat pretty atop my head.

I took a peek at my legs and giggled. My six-inch strappy leopard print heels couldn't have gone better with any other dress. It matched perfectly with my dark brown LV Bag.

"You are so pretty. You'd be much prettier if you could put a smile on and stop acting like you are on your period for a second." she rolled her eyes and I flipped her off, strutting into the house.

Kam's living room had badass interior decor.

Trust Kam Ozor to go all out. The party was in full swing already. It looked like I stepped into another place entirely. I had been here with Khalil a couple of times over the years and it was nearly unrecognisable. Who threw better parties than Kam? None!

Khalid's With You was blaring and jamming from the speakers that I couldn't make out its position in the crowded space. I bobbed my head unconsciously to the music, humming the lyrics under my breath.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me we were coming to Kam Ozor's party!" Chizaram whined, sounding so bratty. It was adorable. I snorted and giggled under my breath, sparing the light-skinned girl who appeared more stunning under the lights a glance.

"It slipped my mind." I shrugged and she smacked me on the shoulder, causing me to wince a little.

"I want to meet him. Pretty please?" She pouted and I frowned.

Nibo?!

She pressed on stubbornly with a puppy face, her bottom lips sticking out a little, batting her eyelashes at me. I tried. I tried to resist but I found myself caving in.

"Fine!" I huffed and she squealed, pulling me into a side hug. My eyes scanned the entire room, trying to make out Kam's figure. I was careful enough to be on the lookout for him.

I spotted Khalil among his friends who were exchanging bro shakes and hugs. I let out a breath I was holding when I confirmed that he wasn't there.

"Come on," I urged softly, grabbing her by the hand and walking over to their table.

Kam's face brightened when his eyes landed on me.

"Hey, Kam!" I greeted, waving at the light-skinned boy. I could make out Chizaram's excited squeals beside me. I could smell the excitement emitting from her in waves.

The male model was clad in an ash-turtled neck that was peeking out from his thick ash two-piece. The ash cauldron material was like an oversized hoodie and baggy cargo pants. His black curls were secured to the front with a dark ash bandana with pure diamond studs gracing his ears. 

I spotted the white and black Naked Wolfe shoes on his feet as he stood up, drawing me in for a warm hug.

"My Kira," He drew his words softly and I patted his back, chuckling. Kam gave the best hugs and he smelled amazing.

"Kam, hands off, now," Khalil warned sternly and I found myself rolling my eyes at his overprotectiveness. Baba could be fucking annoying at times.

"My friend, Chizaram. She wants to say hi to you." I told him and his gaze dropped to the light-skinned girl beside me. I watched as a dashing smile found its way to his lips, giving her a not-so-subtle once over.

Of course, Kam Ozor was checking her out and he wasn't even hiding it!

"Zee, meet Kam." I turned to Zee who waved at him like a little girl.

"Heyyy," Kam cooed softly.

"Hi, Kam. I'm a huge fan of yours. It's nice to meet you." Chizaram stepped forward, offering him a handshake. He slipped his hands into hers, his eyes never leaving her light brown ones.

"You are stunning. God!" He threw her a compliment, eyeing her underneath his lashes.

"Thank you," Chizaram chuckled before pulling her hand out of his reluctant ones.

Man whore!

"We'll see you guys around, Kam," I said firmly, taking a subtle glance at Khalil. The light-skinned boy watched the scene displayed in front of him, looking thoroughly amused. He was sprawled on his seat, toying with the ropes of his black hoodie.

"Text me when you want us to leave, Nini!" Khalil hollered at me while Chizaram and I scoured the area, trying to find suitable seats for us.

                                       •••••

My eyes wandered around the whole area on their own accord. Yes, I was restless. A small part of me desperately wished he probably missed the party. But then, who was I kidding?

I set my bag on the table and fished for my phone, taking it out.

"You look like you want to be anywhere else, but here." I turned my attention back to Chizaram who had a light smile on her lips, I smiled softly at her and shook my head.

She rolled her eyes and took out the serviette papers that were in the wine glasses. She disposed of them quickly and uncorked the bottle of wine that was on our table with a corkscrew, pouring some of the red liquid into our glasses.

Then, she handed me one.

"It's just so weird going out with Khalil." I laughed softly, toying with my wine glass and Chizaram chuckled with a slight shake of her head.

"What's so wrong with hanging out with your brother? I'd give an arm to have a brother to hang out with, too bad I'm the only child." she pouted lightly and I pulled her cheek.

My eyes strayed back to Khalil's table, again. He and Kam were hanging out with some guys. A warm smile made its way to my lips when I saw how utterly relaxed he was.

I hadn't seen him at his happiest in a long time and that was all me.

It was all my fault.

He stopped being happy. He stopped putting himself first. I don't think he has ever done so. It's been like this for as long as I could remember but it got worse when I was spiralling. Khalil had gotten so obsessed with saving and fixing me. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was asked about his one life goal and he says me being okay, again.

I didn't need fixing.

I didn't need to be saved.

I wasn't a broken little toy.

I was fucking fine!

I didn't need anyone in my face. I didn't want anyone digging into my business. 

An unnerving feeling of despair washed over me. I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach, dampening my entire mood immediately. I was the one robbing Khalil of his happiness. 

A light gasp escaped my lips, tears were starting to pool hard in my eyes. I could feel my manicured fingers tightening around my glass.

"You'll ruin your makeup." Chizaram deadpanned and I swung my head toward her sharply, my blank eyes fixed on hers.

She exhaled, a look of worry marrying her features.

"I've got you." She mumbled and gently reached for my hands on the table, squeezing them softly with a reassuring smile on her face.

I chuckled and took in some air through my mouth since my nose couldn't bring itself to do the job. I didn't want to blink because I knew I'd ruin my makeup as she said. So, I inhaled deeply.

I chugged the red liquid down my throat at once.

"OH MY GOD!!" Chizaram's abrupt squeal had me eyeing her in confusion. She had her mouth agape, her jaw completely slacked. She looked so stupefied.

"Zee, don't start, abeg," I muttered dryly with an eye roll and turned to my phone.

"I just saw Toyosi Omoniyi and Rita Emah. Kira, I swear! I'm not going crazy! I saw the duo just now. Three models in a day? Omo, I don blow!!" She squealed, grabbing her purse.

"Ahn, ahn, where are you going?" I queried, my eyes never leaving hers. She was grinning from ear to ear, beaming so widely and for a second there, I thought her mouth would stretch to the back of her head.

Wasn't her mouth starting to hurt?

"I'm going to say hello. Girl! They are teen models! How come you don't know them?" She inquired, her eyes now fixed on me. She had this look of disbelief that marred her face completely.

My eyes settled on two girls at the entrance. They had a mini crowd surrounding them, smiling and waving at whom I presumed to be their fans.

"Do you live under a rock for fucks sake!" She asked incredulously, throwing her hands up in the air. The gesture had me smiling sheepishly at her.

"Don't look at me like that, Zee. You are the crazy one between the two of us. We both can't be so social at the same time. Let's be munching on your own social life. It's more than enough." I answered, in my defence. 

She huffed, folding her arms under her chest. She couldn't have looked more adorable.

"I'll juggle your memory," She offered, settling back in her seat. She brought out her phone from her bag and I knew she was going to show me their pictures on Instagram.

Yes, She was that predictable.

She practically shoved her phone in my face and I rolled my eyes, snatching it from her. My eyes dropped to the screen and my brows furrowed.

They looked…familiar.

"They modelled for Crown cosmetics and lush hair?" I asked, disbelief evident in my tone. I looked up from the phone and at the girl who had a proud smile on her face, nodding her head vigorously.

She was a diehard fan.

"Wow!" I gaped, still staring at their pictures. Chizaram just had to cut the moment short by snatching her phone from my hands. I threw a stink eye her way.

"We are going to say hello. Stand up." She ordered, draping her leather jacket over her dress. Her tone was stern enough to have me know she wasn't kidding. I heaved a sigh and got up from my chair, picking up my bag.

She walked over to me, slipping her hands into mine.

Damn, I'd give it to the light-skinned girl. She pulled her entire look off without so much as the effort was effortlessly giving. Her makeup was soft and sleek, her perfectly glossed lips moving to what the other girl was saying. And boy, was her smile dazzling?

She donned a nude brown wool long-sleeved shirt that was tucked into a checkered flare skirt. The dominating colour being ash. Her brown Chanel bag was slung across her chest, black knee boots gracing her feet.

Her black braids were left unpacked, cascading down her shoulders and dropping a little below her waist. Yes, she was slim but she flaunted it proudly. She couldn't have looked more stunning.

I was blown away. I couldn't help the warm smile that was tugging at my lips now. The warm aura that emanated from her in waves couldn't go unnoticed.

The other girl reminded me of Barbie. She just looked like a darker version. She had the perfect ever-glowing brown skin. Her braids were secured by a scrunchie in a neat bun that highlighted her smooth makeup.

She was clad in a milk-coloured flay dress that complimented her brown skin. The fine material was more of a thin strapped dress with exaggerated long sleeves. It hugged her tiny waist and dropped a few inches below her midthigh, giving off her long legs that brought out the beauty in the black heels she was wearing.

It was giving mad princess vibes. It was how they casually turned heads for me, mine included.

"Hi girls!" Chizaram's extra chirpy voice reverberated in my ears.

The duo stopped talking and turned to us, sequential smiles gracing their faces immediately.

"Hi," The light-skinned girl greeted warmly.

"Hello." The other girl beamed.

"My name's Chizaram and I am a huge fan of you two. I wanted to come to say hello. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity of meeting two of my favourite models in person." Chizaram explained and they nodded their heads in sync.

I would term their smile as never-ending.

"This is my friend, Shakira." I threw a curt nod and a stiff smile their way.

I could feel the light-skinned girl's unwavering gaze on me. I took a subtle glance at her, my eyes locking with her brown ones in the process. I tore my gaze off her sharply.

"You two are really pretty," I said softly and they cooed, nudging each other on the shoulders with a giggle.

"It's nice to meet you, Chizaram. What school do you attend?" Toyosi asked, her eyes pinned on the light-skinned girl beside me.

"Blue Cove Academy. I know you two attend Melville High School." Chizaram answered, her light brown orbs swirling with adoration.

She adored the two of them.

"Wow!" That was Rita. She sounded so impressed, she couldn't hide it.

"Can I take a picture with you two?" Chizaram requested hopefully and they nodded with a chuckle. She squealed and pulled me along with her.

God, abeg...

The light-skinned girl was pumped with so much excitement as she pulled her phone out of her purse. We came together and I plastered a faux smile on my face and heard the camera click.

I pulled away immediately so I'd give Chizaram some space to take pictures with them.

The sight was so beautiful to watch. They interacted like they have known each other for years. They practically clicked. Yeah, I was the withdrawn one.

Not everyone is a sour grape like you are!

SHUT UP!

I tuned the voice out.

I heard sequential whistles just behind me and I spun around, my eyes settling on two light-skinned boys. They both had warm grins on their faces.

The first guy was a shade lighter than the other guy. He had a really beautiful smile dancing on his lips. His afro was in black locks. I didn't think locks could look this good. It suited him.

He was clad in a white shirt that was tucked into a washed blue baggy jean trousers, secured to his waist with a black belt. He had two chains on his neck. The first one was thick and looked like it was in twists while the second one was thin. They both made a beautiful pair.

He had a white and blue varsity jacket draped over his attire with his feet clad in lit dark blue and white sneakers. The colour white and blue has never looked so fine. He had this distinct vibrant vibe that exuded from him. It was so glaring.

The other guy was what I'd term laid back. Yes, he didn't strike me as a grouch but there was this subtle mysterious vibe he gave off. I found it cool though.

Homeboy was dripping in cauldron and sweat. I could see his white shirt that was peeking underneath his light brown sweatshirt. It rhymed perfectly with his chocolate brown cauldron pants. His Nike air-force was three combos, cream, light brown and dark brown. 

His face cap covered nearly half of his face. It was a darker shade of brown than his sweat that had the letter C engraved on it in white colour. A customized chain graced his neck, his cream bag draped across his shoulders.

His entire outfit screamed LIT in bold letters. Guys like this knew how dope they were and they never hesitated to show it off.

Ahn ahn… such fine specimens.

The guy in blue waved subtly at me and I found myself waving back at him.

"Babes!" He called out to the two models and I watched as their faces lit up in excitement. Cool, they were all friends.

"Come on, David! Come meet our new friends from BCA." Rita beckoned on him, the guy I presumed to be David to come closer. He skipped forward and pulled her in a side hug.

"Girls, meet our friends," Toyosi spoke up. My eyes darted over to her again and I maintained eye contact with her this time. I didn't back down.

I watched as she exhaled before looking away.

"David, Precious, meet Chizaram and Shakira from Blue Cove Academy." Toyosi introduced and they both waved at us, grinning widely. Of course, David's grin was wider.

"Hey girls," The duo beamed warmly at Chizaram and I then slipped into the nearest seat. The table we occupied was close to the food court. David soon got up from his chair, heading towards the food court to serve himself.

"Hi, guys!" Chizaram chirped.

"I want one too." I heard Precious speak up, his entire focus on the phone in his hands, typing away on it. I fished mine out of my bag and kept myself busy with it.

"Wait o is that not Austin?!" Toyosi asked sharply, her tone had some sort of edge to it.

"Ehn?!" Rita and David chorused in unison, surprise evident in their voice.

I felt my brows snap together, my eyes finally leaving my phone. It followed theirs and settled at dem Kam's table, dropping on the light-skinned guy that was conversing with Kam. Heck, it looked like they knew each other.

"Rita and I went to say hi to Kam not quite long and I could have sworn I didn't see him around. How did he even get here?" Toyosi asked incredulously, her eyes pinned on the curly-haired boy.

"Instagram, obvs." Precious pitched in curtly. I found my gaze straying over to the light-skinned boy sprawled on his seat. It lingered on him before I finally looked away.

"Who is he?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Our schoolmate," David answered, munching on his small chops. Rita dug in immediately. Chizaram looked like she was in another realm entirely. She was so distracted by her phone. I doubted if she was listening to our conversation.

I chuckled softly. 

"Mohna leave Austin make e flex abeg!" David brushed his issue off, dismissively with a wave of his hands.

My eyes swatted toward the light-skinned boy that was with Kam, squinting my eyes at him. He was clad in casuals and rocking it perfectly. A white shirt with black sweats pulled over it coupled with black baggy cargo pants. His outfit seemed almost indoors. It was so obvious that he didn't put much effort into it but he still looked so good.

And for a split second, I found my thoughts straying to a certain grey-eyed boy and his choice of dressings. Looking good was like breathing for him.

Then, I blinked.

Maybe Kam knew him. I mean far from Kamsiyo not to know anyone. That guy was a social butterfly. I averted my gaze from him and exhaled, my eyes straying to Toyosi's brown ones in the process.

She was already staring before I did. I didn't fail to notice how she had been throwing me a few subtle glances my way. No, it wasn't creepy but it had curiosity niggling at me.

Do I look familiar?

I mouthed a 'hi' at her and a smile spread across her lips. I chuckled and reverted my gaze to my phone.

Hanging with MHS students wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. For real, they were cool and down to earth.

"Girls, we'll leave now," Chizaram said softly with a smile on her face. Rita pouted softly at us and I giggled. She was cute.

"Awww…" Toyosi cooed.

Chizaram got up from her chair and walked over to the two girls, pulling them in for brief hugs and kisses on their cheeks.

"It's so nice to meet you guys, honestly. You are nothing short of amazing." Chizaram appreciated them and the duo crooned. Rita waved me over and I got up from the chair, strutting over to her seat. The brown-skinned model enveloped me in a hug which I returned.

Then, my eyes settled on Toyosi who was staring at me. Her lips stretched in a tiny smile and I flashed her an awkward wave.

"Nonsense, come here." She told me and didn't wait for my response before pulling me into her warm embrace.

I sighed softly.

"Hang in there," She whispered in my ears and patted my back gently. I went still in her arms, unable to pull away from the hug. My brain couldn't register what she meant by 'hang in there'

"Thank you," I found myself saying and detached myself from the hug.

I threw a curt nod and a stiff smile at the guys who waved in return with enthusiastic smiles on their faces.

"Bye," Chizaram mouthed at them and reached for my hands, pulling us to the seat we occupied earlier.

"Be adding aunty to my name, it's not easy to meet three celebrities in a day, abeg!" Chizaram boasted once we were out of earshot and I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her.

"Met Kam before you though," I mumbled pettily. Yes, I stooped to her level. I wasn't going to allow her the satisfaction of getting to me.

The light-skinned girl stared at me with a frown etched on her face then, she hissed through her teeth, storming towards our table.

"You can dish it but you can't take it!" I hollered and she flipped me off.

                                     •••••

I bobbed my head to Kizz Daniel's Cough (Odo) that was jamming through the speakers, threatening to tear the building apart. The exciting screams that emitted from the lips of the crowd even fuelled the noise. 

At some point, I feared the building was going to collapse. The screams were deafening. To think most of these people were undergraduates. But then, I'd understand because Kizz Daniel's songs had that effect on people.

He wasn't just blessed with term No Bad Songs for no reason. His songs were HITS. I scrolled away on my phone, occasionally keeping my mouth busy with the plate of chips that was in front of me.

I glanced at the bubbly light-skinned girl in Infront of me that was preoccupied with making videos on her phone. I chuckled softly and shook my head in amusement.

"Kira,"

The familiar voice cut through my thoughts and I stilled, setting my phone on the table and squeezing my eyes shut. I brought my hands to my face, rubbing my temples.

Really?

What was I thinking? That I had managed to evade him. Of course, I should know better by now. The trio were always together. Besides, it was his best friend's party.

My mood dropped to zero, turning sour. Just when I thought nothing could ruin my day.

He came into view in no time, his eyes settling on me. A smile crept into his lips immediately, spreading across his face. My lips soon set in a thin line, a grim look marrying my face.

I grimaced at the sight of him.

His long lush black hair was in thick twists, the black strands falling over his golden brown face. His chocolate brown orbs twinkled and gleamed with adoration, never leaving my face for a second.

He had thick bushy brows, coupled with long thick lashes that looked like that of a girl. His stubble and beard gave him a more mature look. 

The white tee he wore aligned perfectly with his golden brown skin, producing an alluring contrast. It was paired with milk-coloured cauldron trousers and leather boots that were a lighter shade of milk, his white socks peeking out.  

The tall boy's lower lip twitched in a smirk and he slipped into the seat beside Chizaram, alerting the light-skinned girl. A befuddled look overtook her cheery expression as she took him in, one of her perfectly carved brows arched at him inquisitively.

"And who the hell are you?" She queried, her tone firm.

An impressive chuckle escaped my lips.

She doesn't disappoint!

"Hey, I'm a friend of hers." He nudged his head in my direction, his words having a deep lilt to them. Yeah, that was one thing about him. He had delicate looks and a much deeper voice.

Chizaram turned to me, shooting me a look. She still wasn't convinced.

"Yeah, I know him," I mumbled dryly with an eye roll. The petite girl's tense features seemed to relax afterwards.

"It's been months, Kira. Are you not going to say hello?" He inquired, his voice thick with amusement. I tore my gaze off my phone, swinging my head in his direction and cocking one of my eyebrows at him.

"I don't owe you shit, Olafimihan." I deadpanned, earning an awkward clearing of the throat from Chizaram.

"I'll just…excuse you two!" Chizaram spoke up atop her voice, her tone overly chirpy and high. I pinned my gaze on the light-skinned girl who grabbed her phone and stood up from her chair.

"Zee?" I called and she wiggled her eyebrows at me, eliciting an eye roll from me. She blew me a kiss and strutted off, leaving the two of us behind.

Cute sly thing.

I exhaled, threading my fingers through my weave. I picked up my phone and kept myself busy with it. If he thinks I'm going to engage him in a conversation, he's kidding.

"You stopped picking up my calls," He spoke up and I groaned, irritably.

"Yes, and shouldn't that tell you something? Wait sef, does Khalil even know you are here?" I asked, glaring at him with my arms folded underneath my chest.

He smiled, seeing as I already gave him the attention he wanted. He leaned into his seat, eyeing me underneath his lashes.

"Not exactly," He responded, his eyes trained on me. A frustrated sigh escaped my lips and I dropped my head into my palms, groaning in exasperation.

"How many times do we have to go over this? Huh?" I questioned, arching an eyebrow at him. I was starting to grow irritated.

"I'm so glad you came. I was worried you wouldn't." He voiced out, his tone laced with softness. He pushed himself off the chair and shifted closer to the table, resting his hands on it.

His eyes dropped to my hands that were on the table and a conflicted look crossed his face. He was debating whether he should touch me or not. He reached for my hand and I reeled backwards before he could grasp onto them.

His shoulders slumped, his brown eyes clouded with disappointment and hurt. I hated hurting him but Ola had thick skin! He'd never listen.

"Ola," I called exasperatedly.

"We can't keep doing this. I can't keep hurting you and putting you through this. It's high time you understood that I'd never see you the same way you see me. Please, just stop." I told him, throwing my hands up in the air for emphasis and they dropped, falling beside me limply.

He pushed a strand of his twists off his face, his face contorting in a warm smile.

"You know how I feel about you, Kira. So please, stop telling me how to feel. I'll wait, Kira. I'm always here. No matter how long it takes." He pressed on firmly, a determined look plastered on his face.

"Ola!" I called sharply, the tall boy sat in his seat, staring back at me unflinchingly.

"I'm your best friend's sister! This doesn't make any sense! Stop being so hard-headed for once in your life and listen to me!" I snapped at him and he shrugged casually.

"I don't care, Kira." He sighed tiredly, taking my hands in his and squeezing them gently. I exhaled and pried my hands out of his.

"You'd throw what you have with your friend away for a girl? Ola, he has been your best friend for years. You'd do this to him?" I queried, staring at him in disbelief.

"You are not just any girl, Kira." He answered softly and I rolled my eyes, palming my face in annoyance. 

"Wow, you are crazier than I thought," I said monotonously, unable to hide the irritation I felt. He got up from his seat and stalked towards me gently. I felt my brows snap together in confusion.

A warm smile was dancing on his lips by the time he got to me. Then, the tall boy crouched to my level, leaning close to me till his cold lips dropped on my ear.

I froze in my seat.

He chuckled.

"You should know, baby girl," He began, breathing on my neck in the process.

"I always get what I want. No matter how long it takes." He whispered in my ears, his voice dangerously calm. There was something about his leering tone that had fear creeping into me.

His voice was low, cold and breathy.

"You are sick!" I spat out my words, grabbed my bag and got off my seat. I glared at the boy who now had a light smirk on his lips, his brown eyes scanning every inch of my face like he had all the time in the world.

He had his unwavering gaze pinned on me, his tall frame towering a few inches above mine.

"God, you are so beautiful." He spoke, his voice oozing softness. I rolled my eyes at him before walking out on him to go find Chizaram.

Ola has been one of Khalil's best friends for as long as I can remember. He has always had this soft spot for me and we all thought it was just a crush and it would pass. 

Things got more intense when he became a senior, I didn't even know what to call it, whether an obsession or a hopeless infatuation. He was always in my face, he's nice and all but I just don't like him and he refused to get the point.

"I always get what I want..."

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

                                         •••••

SLAM!

The loud bang that signalled that the door was slammed close had me jolting upward, nearly jumping off the couch I had fallen asleep on while I was trying to catch up on a TV series.

I groaned and managed to keep my eyes open, squinting my eyes at the brightness of the light in the living room. My eyes darted over to the TV that was switched on, an Oral-B toothpaste advert displaying on it.

They've ended the series.

I grumbled and hissed under my breath. The jingling of keys and the contact they made with the key tray close to the entrance, had me swinging my head in his direction. My eyes settled on Khalil's tall figure.

The light-skinned boy pushed his hood off his head, his stoic face coming into view. It gave little to no emotions away. Then, he walked past me like a breeze without so much as a glance in my direction. Like I wasn't even there, leaving me overly stunned and befuddled.

My gaze swatted towards the wall clock, it read past eleven. I furrowed my brows at this, my face set in a grim expression.

Where was he coming from at such an odd hour?

I grabbed my phone, slid my feet into my bunny slides and went for the stairs, trudging to his room. I pushed the door open, stepping into Khalil's dim room.

Khalil's room has always had this dark allure feel to it. Probably because it was coated in dark grey paint. Nearly all the things in his room were a shade of grey; either a dark or lighter shade. 

Grey...

His neatly laid king-sized bed had a dark grey headboard, beautiful dark grey beddings and covers that were a lighter shade of grey coupled with soft grey pillows that were placed against each other.

Just beside his bed was a grey nightstand with a side lamp that had dull light emitting from it. And a few meters away from his bed was a door that led to his ensuite bathroom then beside it was his light grey vanity table. His walk-in closet was at the rear end of his room on the left.

And on my right was his reading table that had books strangled neatly on it, coupled with a brown stool. The door to his bathroom was pushed open and he stepped out, his eyes landing on me.

He tore his gaze off me and moved to his vanity table, settling on it before reaching for cotton wool and some spirit. I squinted my eyes at him and it clicked afterwards. 

I clicked my tongue and marched towards him, snatching the cotton wool from his hands.

"You got into a fight?" I queried, hissing at him. I scowled at him and he scoffed, prying the white wool out of my hands then.

"I was only keeping my promise about beating him up wherever I saw him. No hard feelings." He deadpanned, dabbing the wool that was coated in his spirit onto his wound.

"What in the world is wrong with you? You don't just go around swinging blows at people! That's ridiculous!" I snapped at him irritably only to be responded with utter silence.

He didn't say a word. His stupid silence only added to the pent-up frustration I had been feeling since morning. No longer in the mood to keep up with his absurd mood swings, I rolled my eyes and turned on my heels, moving toward the door.

Suddenly, I halted in my tracks, whirling around sharply to face him.

"I was only keeping my promise about beating him wherever I saw him..."

"I was only keeping my promise..."

An alarm went off in my brain, blaring so loudly and making me feel so light-headed. I stared at him, unable to find my voice while I desperately hoped it wasn't who I thought it was.

"You didn't hit him, right?" I asked, my voice thick with emotions, quivering so badly. I approached him slowly, trying to ignore the lingering ache I felt in my temples.

My eyes were starting to burn with unshed tears that threatened to spill.

"Go to bed, Niniola." He said gruffly.

"Answer me, Khalil!" I fired angrily at him. The methylated spirit in his hands dropped on the table with a thud and he swung his head in my direction at a deadly speed, his brown eyes shimmered under the dim light.

They looked wet.

"That wasn't your fight and honestly, it's none of your business!" I snapped.

"Well, I don't see anything another way to deal with it!" He shot back at me, the harshness of his tone matching mine.

"The fuck is your problem, Khalil? I thought we talked about this! We spoke about it. I told you to STOP getting involved in my business and let me deal with it in my way! God! You are so annoying!" I yelled in his face, taking long strides toward him.

"Why. Don't. You. Just. Listen!" With every word I uttered, I jabbed my fingers at his chest, glaring daggers at the blank-faced boy.

"You are my little sister!" He yelled at me.

"Look at you,"

"All broken with no idea on how to even deal with it. Do you even know how much it hurts seeing you this way and knowing it's all his damn fault? No, you don't!" He cried, throwing his hands up in the air for emphasis.

"Nini, just go to bed, I don't have the strength to do this with you tonight." He told me, his teary brown eyes fixed on mine.

I stared at him, shocked as if the words that just left his mouth were all made up in my head. Like some sort of imagination. I couldn't believe he just said that.

"Well, why don't I just make it easy for you and mom and get the hell out of your lives! Since that's what you want! Fine!" I shouted at him and spun on my heels, heading for the exit.

"Niniola! Don't do something stupid!" He called out to me, his voice laced with fear. I reached for the doorknob and twisted it, bolting out.

Hot tears blurred my vision, streaming down my face. My head throbbed painfully with a searing headache. My throat was clogged with sobs as I took the air in through my mouth since my nose suddenly seemed like it couldn't do the job anymore.

I stormed into my room and headed straight for the shower. I switched it on and collapsed underneath it, dropping my head into my palms while I bawled my eyes out.

Being alive was sickening.

A/N

Well... That was... intense 😂 This chapter was sprinkled with a little bit of everything.🌚

What do y'all think about Kammy boo?🌚😌

There's a new character, Olafimihan.🌚 *Munches on cocopops* He's well...hot!😂💔 Don't worry, we'll get to know more about him as the story goes on.😌

This thing with Shakira, it's complicated. Yeah, finally found the word to use...🙃 Feel free to come up with theories regarding her. I wanna hear it.😌

__toyosi made amazing characters! Fr!🥺 Y'all should check her book out to know more about this beautiful characters.

Storm the comments section, as usual. Let me hear your thoughts. See y'all next week and do not forget to vote, comment and share.

Adiós✨

Love, Didi.♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 55.2K 62
"Breathe." He dipped his head down so that his lips were right at my ear, his strong arm wrapped securely around my waist, molding my body into his...
1.8K 151 8
"I hate that you can see right through me" "The feeling's mutual" She was scarred from the event that occurred the summer before college. Thre...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
26.6K 945 60
Tainted- affect with a bad or undesirable quality. My past is tainted along with my present, My future is tainted me forever a peasant. But worst an...