SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

By Mbalezinhle90

n/a More

SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

260 27 0
By Mbalezinhle90

SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND 
CHAPTER 53
IN PRISON

“What do you mean she is dead?” Mkhuleko asks his brother Mkhuseli who looks astonished by the news. They were no longer together but he never whished death upon his baby mama.  
“She died after delivering your baby girl. She looks so much like you. The birth mark on the head and those ugly toes. Damn – that young girl has ugly toes.” Mkhuseli chucks and shakes his head. 
“Can I see her picture?” Mkhuleko’s heart is raging in excitement. Now he has a purpose to live and fight for. A baby girl. He is someone’s father! Mkhuseli takes his phone out and shows him the pictures. He is satisfied even though he had doubts that the baby might not be his. He shakes head emotionally and takes a deep breath. Being in prison is no child's play. How will he father his daughter when he is behind bars? He needs to change his ways and set an example. 
“Please - take care of my daughter. I know Khanyisile will do a great job.” He pleads. He knows that his brother has his back no matter what. Pity he had to go for Khanyisile first - but in actual fact he is the one who first laid his eyes on her first. Now that his brother is marrying the woman that captured his heart – he needs to swallow a bitter taste and try moving on.  It's hard but hanging in there. He never said anything about Khanyisile to Mkhuseli. 
“She will. You admire her, don’t you?” Mkhuseli asks. Mkhuleko looks on the side and clenches his jaws. 
“I must go back. Listen – please try getting hold of Vee’s family. I’m sure they don’t know about their daughters passing.” OfCourse he was never going to answer his little brother. Their bond is out of this world. He can't admit having the hearts for Khanyisile. He doesn’t want to hurt his brother's feelings. He will never admit to it. Only his heart will know.
“So, you are going to run away from my question?” The little brother is persistent as much. Mkhuleko stands up and smiles. 
“Take care of Nokukhanya for me.” He hurries before Mkhuseli gets to utter any word. Mkhuseli smiles and shakes his head in amusement. He wonders what has gotten to his brother. Now they have Nokukhanya in the house. If he really loved Khanyisile he would have fought for her, but he let him have her. He loves her no lies and his life is so complete with this woman. She brings so much peace to his life. Peace he never knew existed. He finds the courage to stand up after his brother has disappeared out of sight. He will need to call the girl's family and update them of the tragedy. He walks out of prison.

Meanwhile Mkhuleko is laying on his bed staring at Khanyisile’s picture. A small smile creeps on his face. He still remembers those small hands doing magic on him. He remembers it like it was yesterday. Pity he has been in and out of jail. When he got to finally look for her it was too late. The girl was already dating his brother. She is now his sister-in-law, sounds so surreal – right? As much as it hurts it’s better that she is marrying into the family. He will have to stop putting tabs on her and just try to move on. He tried with V. He loved her yes, but it was love of her filling the void that he wanted with Khanyisile. It never really worked because she was never Khanyisile. At his age, he believes he will never find another match that comes close to Khanyisile. 
“MacG. We have a problem.” One of the inmates says sitting next to him. He is a criminal and it's something that runs in his veins. The odd one out in the family. His mother still holds prayers for him to repent one day. 
“Zikhiphan?” he asks with his eyebrows arched in annoyance. He hates it when his peace is being disturbed. The inmate clears his throat. 
“The trucks went missing.”
Mkhuleko stands up frustrated. Does everything have to go wrong whenever he is locked up behind this cage. Yes, he is locked up but still makes money for the outside world. Not just any money but money that will make you faint. 

On the road...

Mkhuseli is driving slowly playing music in his car thinking of his brother. His phone rings and his wife's name pop up. A huge smile plastered on his face takes over. You know that heartbeat you feel and get when you first see that particular person. What they say – the other half. 
“Babe.” His chest always tightens whenever he picks her calls up. It is something that happens automatically. He cannot explain the feeling either. 
“Was asking what time you will be coming back home. I took the keys with.” She speaks. This woman with reporting everything. 
“Just tell me where you are, and I will come to you.” 
Luckily, it's just minutes away from where she is. Now he will have to find a way of dealing with breaking the news to this girl’s family. He takes short-left and takes a direction that will lead him to his wife. 

SIMPHIWE 

His jaw hurts in the worst-case scenario. He has been up all night massaging his jaw, but it seems to be getting worse. The right side of the face is swollen. This scene reminds him of when Jele broke his jaw. He was paralyzed for months and couldn’t do anything with his mouth. He survived with liquid till Jesus came back. He lived on painkillers. Looks like it would be the same scenario with this case again. He gets off the bed.
“Come here.” That is Nozi calling him back to bed. He sighs emotionally and gets back to bed. “Let me see.” She holds my big head and smiles. 
“It hurts. I feel like its broken.” I want to cry so bad. Her touch alone is making me lose it. I let her inspect my face and she confirmed that I need to go to the hospital before more harm goes unturned. I love how she still cares about me. 
“You still care for me after all.” I speak. 
“Don't get your hopes high Mr. Shandu. Help me get off the bed. I need to check on my babies.” I help her sit in the wheelchair. She smiles looking at me. I wish I could smile back but the pains shooting right at me are unbearable. I wheeled her out of the bedroom. I don’t know how we are going to do this since the babies are in the old's man bedroom. Apparently, the kids are better off with the grandparents. Nozi and I didn’t dispute. We need time to ourselves at night. She knocks on her father's bedroom door, and her mother opens it. She smiles broadly and lets us in. Zuri is already up. I swear this has no sleep in her system. She is always wide awake. She sleeps like a security guard that works at night. Her eyes land on us and she smiles showing her two front teeth. Nozi smiles back and I just know they are about to speak their language I get lost in.
“I will go make you porridge.” The woman tells Nozi walking out. It’s just kind of awkward being in my father in-law's bedroom. I sneak out without Nozi noticing I find it disrespectful honestly. I lock myself in Nozi's bedroom. I am not sure whether to show my face or hide in here after what happened yesterday. Everything is just a mess, and I am not liking it one bit. I honestly don’t know how to fix my relationship with him. If my father was present, he would have maybe told me what to do since he is also a man and I believe he has been in my shoes. I find myself looking at his number. I am so tempered to call him and cry onto him. But something is pulling me back. My shoulders slumber back. My mind is just running wild and it's hurting.  Another part is my aching jaw. A knock takes me out of my misery. 
“Mkhwenyana.” I feel my heart beating abnormally. I look at the window and my mind think twice. No need for me to hide from him. I need to fix this. I slowly stand-up sigh. I opened the door and I found him standing. He lets himself in and sits on the chair that was beside the bed. “Are you hiding from me?” He asks. 
“Cha Baba.” 
“Get your boots. Who is going to herd the cows if you are sitting here like a Makoti.” I smile not knowing how to respond. This is the old man I know. I grab my boots – the ones that Nozi hates so much...

After Hearding the cows, we seated under the tree for a shade drinking Amahweu. I have been gulping this shit with one eye open. I don’t like it at all, but I don’t want to disappoint. 
“Still don’t like Amahewu?” He asks to take a sip in his jug. I cringe. I don’t know how old people enjoy them, honestly. 
“No.” I respond. I didn’t even know that he noticed that I hate them to bits. 
“It gives you the boost in the bedroom.” He speaks. I clear my throat. I can’t talk about my sex life with my father in-law. And besides my sex drive has been down since I can remember. I am not that hyper Simphiwe that I was months ago. It all faded. “I was once a boy you know. I know all these things. Just because I can't satisfy my wife these days doesn’t mean we don’t have alternatives.” He says it makes me frown. I think that is my queue to leave. 
“I don’t to hear.” I say ready to stand up. I am just ashamed. I can’t help but gag. Imagine him eating his wife’s pussy. It’s just...
“Sit your ass down before I give you another punch for making my daughter suffer.” I take a deep breath and shrink back down. He is not going to let this slide go anytime soon and I don’t blame him. 
“The other twin doesn’t look like you.” That statement makes me swallow. 
“They are both mine baba.” I speak. 
He scoffs and burbs after finishing the remaining droplets of Amahewu in his jug. “Could have fooled me. I know a bhantshi when I see one. That one is not yours. And you can never lie to me just because you want to protect Nozimanga.” 
“I...” I am literary shaking. He is looking intensely at me. “Okay, I don’t know. But we believe he belongs to another guy. The DNA is still yet to be confirmed,” I responded in shame. I didn’t throw Nozi under the bus, but her father is quite an investigator. 
“What if he is truly not yours? What then?” 
“The baby will be mine, raised as a Shandu that he is. His father gave me permission to do so.” My mouth slips. I bite my tongue. 
“What are you saying to me?” 
I have no other option but to tell him what is really going on. “When Nozi filed for divorce, she moved out and found somebody else. They dated and she was happy. She then fell pregnant, but the man was not in good health. He pleaded that I take good care of Nozi and the baby. He later then passed away.” I see his chest rising up and down. I will not go into detail. That won’t be necessary. Imagine telling him that they lived together. 
“I didn’t raise iseqamgwaqo mina. You kids of today complicate your marriage in a way. Why didn’t you come to me when you had issues in your marriage? Didn’t I tell you that my door will always be opened if you face any difficulties?” 
“Guess I was too ashamed, and my family was on my neck about having kids.” I respond. 
“I am highly disappointed in your father, really. He promised to look after my daughter, but he goes and does this. Indoda enjani lena edonswa ngekhala?” He clicks his tongue. I am sure that his tongue is dizzy within. 
“I think I should check up on them.” I say trying to run away. 
“We are still talking. Tell me – since you created this whole fucken mess, where to from here?” He asks looking ahead of the mountains of uMlalazi. 
“Fix my family. I will never allow Nozi to leave me. My life would be meaningless without her. She is the only person that brings out the best in me and the only one that loves me with this big head of mines.” I smile. I see her father cracking a smile too. So, I add...  ”Nozi is a remarkable gem that you cannot find anywhere, I am holding on to her because she is the only family that I love and have. Her presence in my life is just the best for me.” 
“You love her, don’t you?” 
“More than life itself.”
“Take good care of my daughter. Don’t let me torment you in my death rest.” We laugh. “In a serious note. If you want to win back my trust and my daughter's trust. You will need to prove yourself and I can see that you are trying. That is a good move son. I am proud of you. Leave the past behind and start creating new memories even though her memory is gone. Don’t make her doubt the love you have for her. Be there even in places that you hate just to please her.” 
“I don’t see myself chopping onions and wearing aprons when cooking. Doing manicures. Ay baba your daughter makes me do weird stuffs.” 
“It's those little things, gestures that woman pay attention to. Treat her like a hidden girlfriend and not a wife. You will never go wrong with and in your marriage. Take my advice or leave it. Help me stand boy!” I stood up and helped him stand. “You should have a doctor check that.” 

Spending the weekend here with Nozi’s father made me realize a lot of things I didn’t know I could accomplish in my marriage. His words still ring in my head. I think I need to apply what he advised me on. Make sure to copy and paste each and every detail. By the time her memory gets back – our love will be on high note. I doubt she will request a separation after I have sacrificed a lot to make her happy.   She comes in wheeling herself. 
“You are here. Where is my fther?” She asks. 
“Sleeping, I guess.” I respond sitting straight up. 
“I doubt. My father doesn’t sleep during the day.” She slowly stands off the whelchar and clech her jaws. “Mamncane said I should do more walking and less wheelchair if I still want to use my legs and walk up straight.” Her legs are still shaky, but I want her to do that alone without me holding her. She takes baby steps and comes towards the bed. I smile and stand up. I am ready to catch her when she falls but woman disappoints me when she sits herself on the bed and flinches holding her abdomen. 
“I swear I am never having kids ever again!” She curses. I won't entertain her. We are still yet to have another bundle of joy of ours. I still want to have a bunch of kids with her. She frowns when she notices that I am staring. 
“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” 
“Is it a crime to admire my wife's beauty?” I ask. Instead of smiling she deepens the frown. 
“You think I’m beautiful? She is already scanning herself. “I have lost too much wight and I am...” I stop her before she even proceeds with her nonsense.
“You losing weight is not a turn off to me. The fact that you carried one of my big heads in you means a lot to me and I will forever cherish to the fullest.” I say. 
“I don’t believe you. I have lost confidence in myself. I feel ugly.” She wants to cry, but I will not let her. 
“You look ugly when you cry. That is the only time you should worry about your ugliness.” I say making her smile through the tears. “Honestly, you still look beautiful in my eyes. And I will forever cherish this beauty till I take my last breath on earth. Watch and see wena.” 
“Mr. preacher I want to take a bath. The kids have bathed already.” She says. The nanny is doing a great job. “Simphiwe.” She calls out for me before I can even reach her bedroom door. 
“Yes.” 
“I give you permission to use what is due to you.” 
“Are you sure? I mean he was your boyfriend and...” 
“Okay, you can go now.” She waves her hand signaling me to leave the bedroom. I laugh walking out closing the door behind me. She hates it when I say, ‘your boyfriend!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240 9 21